Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12446 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
52. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 10:24 Prez

Verno wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 10:52:
CeeJay wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 10:19:
If you already own all the rest (like I do) then it should have been a free patch.

I don't want to buy the game twice.

It was $5 if you own the rest, pretty reasonable for the content additions IMO.

Agreed. It's not like the original wasn't brilliant and awesome in its own right.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
419. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2013, 19:05 Prez

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 17:26:
So after spending $3.2 million on the lamest ad ever (click that if you dare), Oregon still failed to enroll ONE PERSON through the Obamacare site.

I'll be the first to admit that the healthcare rollout has been nothing short of disastrous. Maybe giving in to Republican requests during the "shutdown" to delay it for a year wouldn't have been such a bad idea. Despite being for the idea of healthcare availability to more people myself, this botched rollout does give a pretty solid illustration as to why lots of people would prefer things like this remain in the realm of private business as much as possible. Government cannot run things as efficiently or effectively as private industry can most of the time. That said, the current health care system is broken and nobody was doing anything about it; in cases like that the government is almost always going to get involved, for good or for ill.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

409. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2013, 15:42 Prez

Seph when you get out into the real world and realize you have to work for things, they aren't just handed to you on the backs of others, and they SHOULDN'T be, maybe you'll gain some wisdom as to how the world actually is.

Wow, that wasn't condescending at all.

- Mahatma Gandhi

408. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2013, 15:38 Prez

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 15:17:
Prez wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 15:04:
Ahh, so this is where you guys have been hiding. Jeez, this is STILL going on? Well at least it's off the popular threads list.

So is this the thread where if you dare deviate from the binary thinking that fits neatly into (pick one) LIBERAL/CONSERVATIVE you get labeled as a (pick the other one) CONSERVATIVE/LIBERAL?

A spade is a spade Prez, if you could honestly tell me with a straight face, given Beamer's history that he's not a liberal since he pretty much is the walking DNC playbook 100% of the time then well that's your problem.

I wouldn't know, since 1) I don't really talk with Beamer any more, 2) I don't care about labels but rather the gist of someone's argument and 3) I don't have a copy of the DNC playbook.

Either you can refute his points or you can't. To me labeling someone else as something you consider an object of derision may be convenient but it looks diversionary, almost like you are ducking the issue.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 15:30 Prez

Hey for fixed boss battles (which were utterly dreadful in the original) in what was an otherwise absolutely terrific game I'll gladly pony up 5 bucks!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 25, 2013, 15:20 Prez

Yeah, a solid 7 out of 10 is nothing to sneeze at. It feels more believable than if everyone gave 9 out of 10 and 10/10's like they were candy on Halloween.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 25, 2013, 15:10 Prez

Abandonware is legally defined as "Whatever you want it to mean, dude. We're all transitory beings passing through an indifferent universe. All that you experience and invest meaning into will be free from your delusional sense of ownership in eighty years. Get that Full Throttle. Get it and enjoy it."

LOL!

- Mahatma Gandhi

402. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2013, 15:04 Prez

Ahh, so this is where you guys have been hiding. Jeez, this is STILL going on? Well at least it's off the popular threads list.

So is this the thread where if you dare deviate from the binary thinking that fits neatly into (pick one) LIBERAL/CONSERVATIVE you get labeled as a (pick the other one) CONSERVATIVE/LIBERAL?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition Oct 24, 2013, 08:46 Prez

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 00:18:
I never tried Rocksmith, but I've been wanting to learn guitar for a while now. Haven't gotten around to buying one though. Guess that would be a first step if I want to pick this up. I watched some Youtube vids about it, and it seems like a great teaching tool. I have no idea what a good starter guitar would be, so that's gonna take some research.

If you are looking for a good simple guitar for not too much cash Squire Stratocasters are a good place to start.

Guitar Center's Squire Strat Listing

They are generally considered budget or beginner guitars but I've been playing for 26 years and I still use one because it feels and sounds great.

- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition Oct 24, 2013, 08:39 Prez

InBlack wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 04:12:
Prez wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 17:41:
Silvanus wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 13:41:
Don't forget you also need the 'Real tone cable' with is about $25 USD if you don't have it yet.
I got the 2011 Rocksmith version with cable on sale for $40.. that was the cheapest I found. I'll get this, but wait for a sale..

-Silvanus

Already have it. Frankly I was amazed that it actually worked at all, and I was truly stunned at the great tones I was getting with it using my different axes (Les Paul, MiM Strat, Jackson Dinky, and Schecter Blackjack).

The first was a great teaching tool that was lacking in a few key areas. If the sequel fixes those I guess it's worth the 70 bucks.

Fellow guitar player here, does it really improve chops? I play in two bands, and as a result have gotten lazy with regards to practicing at home. Will this help at all?? Does it feature crazy solos? Ive been looking for something like this for a long time but Im kind of sceptical....

My experience is only with the first. In my opinion the genius of this game is that it makes you want to practice, makes you play actual songs quickly, and yes, you get better while playing. The song selection was pretty hit and miss in the first, but if you have varied tastes (Rolling Stones to Lamb of God) it isn't much of a roadblock since it's pretty easy to score high enough on the shitty songs to advance. The solos are tunable so if you can't do the ridiculously insane arpeggios and triplets like Synister Gates in "Afterlife", you don't have to. If you wish, however, you can practice the solo until you have it down note for note.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
20. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 23, 2013, 21:19 Prez

Well it had to happen sooner or later. I just didn't think it would be a Call of Duty game that did it.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2013, 21:34.

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition Oct 23, 2013, 17:41 Prez

Silvanus wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 13:41:
Don't forget you also need the 'Real tone cable' with is about $25 USD if you don't have it yet.
I got the 2011 Rocksmith version with cable on sale for $40.. that was the cheapest I found. I'll get this, but wait for a sale..

-Silvanus

Already have it. Frankly I was amazed that it actually worked at all, and I was truly stunned at the great tones I was getting with it using my different axes (Les Paul, MiM Strat, Jackson Dinky, and Schecter Blackjack).

The first was a great teaching tool that was lacking in a few key areas. If the sequel fixes those I guess it's worth the 70 bucks.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2013, 12:19 Prez

It's as if Roberts somehow tapped into my childhood wetdream and is making a game out of it. I've always operated under the "If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is" principle, so I remain skeptical. But I might have his children if this turns out as awesome as it sounds!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition Oct 23, 2013, 12:12 Prez

I never messed with Rockband but what I'm getting from you guys is that this is standard practice. It still just seems crappy to me, but I'll just buy the game on a sale and then pay the 10 bucks. Hopefully there will be a GMG coupon for it soon.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition Oct 23, 2013, 11:45 Prez

I don't mind the $60 price too much (though it is a bit high) but what bothers me is that they have the nerve to charge owners of the original 10 bucks to import the old songs. That's kind of shitty.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 23, 2013, 09:36 Prez

Tried to buy Sir...Hunted last night and I broke Steam while doing it. Apologies to anyone who was inconvenienced. Luckily they got it working again.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
81. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 22, 2013, 15:55 Prez

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 08:38:
Awww, did I offend some of you?

Instead of trying to provoke a ban, why not just stop coming here if you don't want to be here anymore? It seems to me you would have had to have been a gaming fan at one point since you signed up here; why not stay and talk about gaming and save the politics for the political forums (of which there are many)?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2013, 13:27 Prez

Food-motivated and food aggressive dogs are extremely easy to medicate - just wrap the pill in anything from cheese to a ball of soft cat food. The non-food driven dogs are the tough ones. You basically have two options 1) grind it and sprinkle the powder over their dinner (not really viable when there is more than one dog in the house or the pen) and eventually they will ingest it or 2) Get the dog still, grasp the dog's jaws and force it in from the side of the mouth pushing it as far down the throat as it will go. Do it fast and do it right the first time so it's not overly traumatic for the dog.

We have to do that sometimes with the extremely shy/timid animals or ones that are too sick to have an appetite.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
25. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 20:10 Prez

m00t wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:35:
Rattlehead wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:31:
What is Garry's Incident
Garbage

and besides this fiasco should I care?
No.

Well, you should care as far as to watch the "I Broke Day One: Gary's Shitty Incident" because it's funny.

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1316120

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
10. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 18:32 Prez

As TB said permission for monetization wasn't expressly given in writing but it was strongly implied. Even so they did the right thing here; it's going to help them in the long run, especially if they ever manage to get a solid game out the door.

Hopefully TB had the infringement strike by Youtube rescinded as it clearly was unwarranted. Maybe this will help fix the broken system over there.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12446 Comments. 623 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo