Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12678 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 15:54 Prez

nin wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:50:
Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:47:
I just realized I STILL don't have FC Blood Dragon. Has it been on sale on Steam yet this season? (Not that the $15 normal price is all that out of reach!)

WTF PREZ?!?!?

How can you say no to this?

Well...*SNIFF!*... if I had any friends they would buy it for me but I guess I don't! Bigcry

I'll pick it up next week.

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2013, 21:13.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 15:47 Prez

I just realized I STILL don't have FC Blood Dragon. Has it been on sale on Steam yet this season? Not that the $15 normal price is all that out of reach, but I pride myself on being a cheapskate being thrifty and frugal!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2013, 12:48 Prez

A:CM and SimCity were far and away my biggest disappointments of 2013. Rounding out my top 3 would be GTA 5 not making it to PC.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
6. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 16:29 Prez

Overon wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 16:16:
Why can't valve anticipate that when they do something like this their website store goes down do to load. Why not throw some extra capacity at the problem to prevent it from happening? Now people can't access the site to buy games.

It seems so basic yet Valve bungles this every year. Apparently a lot of people still hadn't bought L4D2 by now.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2013, 19:15 Prez

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 17:59:
Prez wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 16:42:
Pit Bulls have a (undeservedly) bad reputation

Their angels, until they aren't and then you want no part of an unruly Pit-Bull. That is the point. And since too many people have them like personal Honey Badgers, raising them to be bad asses, well it is what it is.

It's true, they have been bred to be more aggressive, but I have personally helped rehabilitate fighters and bait dogs into wonderful loving and docile animals, many of which we have adopted out. Not every one is a success story sadly; we've had to put down some dogs who simply could not be rehabilitated to get over their aggressiveness, but only the worst cases who repeatedly try to attack any dog they go near or ones who try to bite the workers at the shelter. As has been mentioned, the nature of these worst-case animals is to be blamed on ill-treatment and improper breeding and training, not on the breed itself.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 17:39 Prez

Shadow Warrior and Rise of the Triad are extremely different. Shadow Warrior is a modern day remake of an old classic, loaded with modern day FPS mechanics. RotT on the other hand is a throwback in every sense of the word. It's old school - we're talking Little House on the Prairie, Laura-Engels-in-a-one-room-schoolhouse old school.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DayZ Week One Recap
15. Re: DayZ Week One Recap Dec 24, 2013, 16:59 Prez

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 14:08:
Prez wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 12:55:
The game is not for me, but damn those are impressive numbers. The little guys are ever-so-slowly beginning to elbow their way in to what was once the exclusive domain of the big publishers. That is awesome.
Bohemia Interactive are long time industry veterans. Not small time cookies.

The mod was the work of one guy. I didn't realize BI is publishing the standalone version.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Ha! Dec 24, 2013, 16:53 Prez

Creston wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 11:32:
Prez laughs at your paltry collection, good NY man!

Lol!

I never thought to add up all my different games and see just how many I own, but I doubt I'd beat his number. His are all hardcopy, while the vast majority of my collection is digital. I probably only have about 500 CD/DVD games left. I'd be willing to bet I have more PC games than him though. Looks like his collection is largely made up of console games.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2013, 16:42 Prez

Merry Xmas everyone!

I loved that story on the pit bull who cuddles other dogs after surgery. Pit Bulls have a (undeservedly) bad reputation but in truth out of all dogs I work with pit bulls are among the most empathetic, sweet, and affectionate dogs I've seen. Treated right and properly socialized you won't find a more loyal and loving companion than a pit bull.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DayZ Week One Recap
9. Re: DayZ Week One Recap Dec 24, 2013, 12:55 Prez

The game is not for me, but damn those are impressive numbers. The little guys are ever-so-slowly beginning to elbow their way in to what was once the exclusive domain of the big publishers. That is awesome.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
40. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 08:54 Prez

I'm doing quite well on the sale myself. As Verno said it's more small publishers nowadays but that's cool. I bought some lesser games (non-AAA) that I've been wanting for a while all for very little scratch. So far I got:

Contagion
Reus
Cities XL Platinum
The Harvest
Shadow Warrior
YOU DON'T KNOW JACK Classic Pack
Eador: Genesis
Resonance
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
Armada 2526 Gold
3DMark Advanced
Lost Planet Colonies
Dark Void

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
47. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 23, 2013, 04:44 Prez

This. If you arbitrarily limit PvP, you ruin the very thing that makes DayZ and its ilk compelling.

While I think the "worth a buy" reviewer was way too negative, he did make a decent point about games like DayZ in which PvP makes the game a slog. If developers put in features to encourage people to join up instead of constantly killing one another, it would greatly improve things I think. Of course humans would still kill humans, but not instantly on sight - it would end up more one faction against another. Add in the right incentives and maybe people wouldn't be so quick to kill every loner they come across.

EDIT: Or, I could have finished reading the whole thread and just saod "What Harlock said."

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Dec 22, 2013, 04:34 Prez

Any word on a steam release?

That would be awesome, but I think the game still requires CFS3, which would make it more a payware mod than a game per se. I think they would have to make a standalone game or convince MS to put CFS3 on Steam before WOFF got on there, but I could be wrong.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Dec 22, 2013, 04:09 Prez

Wings Over Flanders Fields on Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Wow. I've been playing the WOFF mod for about 3 years now. I had no idea it was going commercial! Absolutely wonderful WW1 flight sim. Red Baron fans need to get this one. (CFS3 can be had on ebay or *ahem* shared on the net).

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
29. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 03:06 Prez

Flatline wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:49:
J wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 18:20:
With regards to The Wolf Among Us, did all the chapters come bundled with the PC version, or is it in installments? And if it's the latter, have they come out yet?

Okay, the website (pays to look, doesn't it?) says only the first installment has been released. I don't fancy buying the game and then waiting for the rest of it.

Yeah. The first episode hooked me pretty instantly... back in October when I picked it up. There has been like zero mention of when Episode 2 is going to be out. The last Telltale mentioned was that we'd hear word of the release date after Christmas. I guess they wanted to launch Walking Dead season 2 first.

It's frustrating.

Yeah - I hate "start-and-stop gaming". That is why I am waiting for the full season before I buy it. Same with Season 2 of Walking Dead. I played Season 1 of Walking Dead in a 2-day-period and that's how I plan on playing Season 2 and Wolf Among Us. I watch a TV series the same way.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 20, 2013, 06:29 Prez

Google's Location History Browser Is A Minute-By-Minute Map Of Your Life.

I signed in and checked my location data. It said:
You have no location history from November 21, 2013 to December 20, 2013

Woohoo! I'm off the grid motherfuckers! Grin

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
86. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 20, 2013, 02:09 Prez

Verno wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 09:04:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 17:04:
I disagree. Read my previous comments. It'll raise costs, lower innovation and affect negatively good products. The right thing to do is to not buy the bad games... This will have the result you hope for.

I've read your comments and feel that they're incorrectly applied here. This isn't a class action from owners of the game suing EA, this is shareholders suing EA who mislead them about the state of the game prior to release. At the worst this will lead to product delays to ensure products meet some sort of reliability standard before shipping which I can live with. As a consumer I don't care about costs, EA is already passing those costs onto us through revenue tools like DLC and microtransactions anyway. This is not going to lead to some sort of development cost apocalypse, BF4 was a very broken product on several platforms and a special case if I've seen one.

Is this the first time something like this has happened in the game industry? I am trying to think of another instance but I can't remember another where a class-action suit was filed against a company by its shareholders. Anyway it couldn't have happened to a better company. EA sucks.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2013, 00:18 Prez

Former CIA chief: Snowden should be “hanged by the neck until dead”.

I can't believe I just read that.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Thief Trailer
13. Re: Thief Trailer Dec 19, 2013, 05:17 Prez

I really appreciate the mood Eidos is going for here, and I for one am extremely excited by what I've seen so far. I think sometimes diehard fans of certain properties may be way too quick to dismiss a new iteration without giving it a fair shake. While Thief 2 is on my short list of best games I've ever played, I still think this is looking swell and am optimistically looking forward to seeing how it turns out.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Op Ed Dec 18, 2013, 10:42 Prez

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 22:59:
As if any of you will escape your doom!? lol With that said, keep voting left and you will have to have permission to play games. NFA for the lose!

Uh... erm... what?! That post makes Hellbinder sound rational.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12678 Comments. 634 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo