Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12678 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
66. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 14, 2014, 01:16 Prez

nin wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 22:30:

give them a break already..

Nope. They earned every bit of negativity they get...

Yep. EA has been given their share of "breaks" by me and presumably others and has LONG since used them all up by continuing to do business like greed-driven assholes. Until they start treating their customers (and potential customers) better as far as I'm concerned they deserve every ounce of hate that comes there way.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 17:32 Prez

Acleacius wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 13:10:
What is it all the young whipper snappers says.....Fail?

I think so. And to the embarrassingly bad trolling attempt by Talisorn I think they would probably say "Fail troll is fail" or something like that, wouldn't they? Or maybe a "derp derp" or whatever?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 13:11 Prez

Verno wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 09:31:
Haha yeah, good luck with that. Gave up on Martin a long time ago, guy has terrible work habits. Blogs a billion times about football, pizza and attending conventions but takes 5 years to finish a book.

No one was as bad as Robert Jordan. He was just out of control. He kept padding his Wheel series with tons upon tons of fluff. Entire books were written where virtually nothing happened. I gave up in disgust after the ninth book. If I had to read about one more paragraph about pointless and utterly meaningless plotlines with pointless, ancillary people... Or had to sit through just one more never-ending sequence where two of his ridiculously caricatured female characters had a battle of wits to see who could be the bigger cunt...ARGH! I have never wasted so much time turning pages wishing something - ANYTHING! - interesting would happen. He destroyed an extremely promising series; the ending of the sixth book was possibly the best, most satisfying ending to a book I had ever read. Even then, if he cut out the meaningless, boring parts ,that really should have been the ending of the FOURTH book.

- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 12:34 Prez

This can't be right. Being online is absolutely essential for the game to work.There's just NO WAY Simcity can run without it. Rolleyes Jesus tap-dancing Christ, EA is run by blithering morons.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

30. No subject Jan 12, 2014, 13:18 Prez

I was thrilled to see the Colts get clobbered. I think they are a good team but my ex-boss whom I hate more than almost any human being on the planet is a huge Colts fan. I'm not above pettiness when it's so satisfying!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2014, 19:38 Prez

Happy Birthday Ant. I assume the science story is in your honor.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2014, 18:00 Prez

I figured there would be more happiness here - Dyack has quite few haters here on Blues. Not undeserved either from what I know about his antics.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Jan 10, 2014, 23:05 Prez

Saboth wrote on Jan 10, 2014, 18:04:
Well, I'm looking forward to Might and Magic, even if it does sort of look 10 years old. I recall some pretty epic battles in the last one.

Yeah - from the preview it doesn't look like anything revolutionary is going on but the series always worked for me as it was so no biggie.

- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2014, 22:55 Prez

Teen dies stopping suicide bomber at school in Pakistan

Hero in every sense of the word.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On SimCity Modding
3. Re: On SimCity Modding Jan 10, 2014, 17:48 Prez

Tanto Edge wrote on Jan 10, 2014, 17:33:
Insert obligatory "Go fuck yourself" here.

Thanks for doing that so I don't have to say it myself! EA just continues to boggle the mind with their lunacy. Why do gamers continue to allow themselves to be treated like this?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE DRM Issue Fixed
5. Re: METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE DRM Issue Fixed Jan 10, 2014, 17:41 Prez

nin wrote on Jan 10, 2014, 15:10:
Bundy wrote on Jan 10, 2014, 14:05:
My kids thought it looked super cool, they loved the cyborg ninja thing. But they were wondering why my character (Raiden) was wearing high heels. I told them this game was from Japan and boys in Japan are weird.

Amazon worthy review there!

LOL!

It's been so long since the Metal Gear franchise has been on PC that I was considering buying this. But the online requirement wasn't intended? Really? "Stealthily snuck on there" indeed! Since the bastards apparently tried to sneak in always-on DRM, it looks like I won't be getting it until it's 5 bucks on a sale.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Video Diary
17. Re: Alien: Isolation Video Diary Jan 9, 2014, 05:22 Prez

No offence, but you missed my point. In ANY Aliens game done before, there is always slow times filled with horror moments, and as well action times.

The action in the first (and best) movie was different from the sequel though. The original was far and away the scariest, and all the action was a terrifying culmination of the supremely crafted tension leading up to it. It also consisted only of violence inflicted by the Alien upon the hapless crew, yet it remains one of THE great sci-fi movies of all time. I don't want cannon-fodder aliens; that shit is old hat by now after tons of games. I want to feel the tension and the terror of the first 'Alien', and this game is looking to be EXACTLY what those of us who groan at yet another gung-ho-space-marine-with-a-pulse-rifle-gunning-down-aliens-by-the-truckload game have been wanting since FOREVER. I'll be tuning out the haters on this one.

- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Alien: Isolation Video Diary Jan 8, 2014, 21:18 Prez

Shataan wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 21:10:
The lone person against a Predator in a PC game... a single Predator imho WOULD work. Because in the movie it works great... albeit Arny had some disposable supporting actors. In Alien, it was not just Ripley. It was a whole crew who had no clue wtf they were up against.

I am not attracted to the idea concept of 1 lone player... a girl character which I loath playing. Think NOLF here. Not to mention Ripleys daughter is as far from canon as you can get. And then you get a what? A wrench?

The only thing I do like is the environment visuals. To me the visuals/sounds/lighting stick out as being very well recreated. But no way am I interested in playing hide and seek with a single Alien for 10+ hours.

I am glad they are creating a game that THEY wanna play. Maybe someday a Dev Team will come along and make the Alien/Predator PC experience, that "I" wanna play.

Your game could turn out awesome, no doubt. But first they need to resurrect the brand. It has been tarnished by mediocre/bad movies and mediocre/bad games for so long, that can only happen I think after some good products in the universe, and this looks like a definite start as long as they don't screw it up.

As for Ripley's daughter not being canon, she is mentioned in the extended cut of Aliens. Ripley is crying over a picture of her after she is told by Burke that she (her daughter) died years before while Ripley was in cryosleep. It was actually an important scene - it shed light on just why Ripley was so dead-set on saving Newt in the second film. I surprised it got cut from the theatrical version. Anyway, it would make sense that she might go on a search mission to find out what happened to her mother's ship.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 8, 2014, 21:11 Prez

...Testacles of Sherlock Holmes...

Heh. Hehehe. HAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Alien: Isolation Video Diary Jan 8, 2014, 21:04 Prez

After seeing this and reading the PC Gamer preview Blue posted today all I can do is try to curb my unabashed excitement with the mantra "this can still suck. This can still SUCK!" But damn if they aren't headed in EXACTLY the right direction so far. Just imagine... an 'Alien' being scary again! Then imagine more... What if this began a string of great new Alien movies? In a word, A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Fallout 3 Removes GFWL?
14. Re: Fallout 3 Removes GFWL? Jan 7, 2014, 11:45 Prez

Origin actually has gotten somewhat useable. If Steam didn't beat the snot out of it in every category it might even be an acceptable alternative. The worst part about Origin, of course, is the company it belongs to. They are equal parts despicable and moronic.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2014, 10:37 Prez

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:30:
What is the gist of his visits there? I haven't been paying attention to that story at all. Drawing attention to the appalling living conditions or just making headlines for the hell of it?

I THINK he fancies himself some sort of diplomat, making inroads to possible future relations between the US and Korea, but who can know for sure with a guy like Rodman?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Fallout 3 Removes GFWL?
4. Re: Fallout 3 Removes GFWL? Jan 7, 2014, 10:28 Prez

Hopefully this thread doesn't become a hundred-post monstrosity riddled with long posts full of flowery prose written by elitist snobs decrying how their tastes are so much more refined and sophisticated than yours. Or maybe I AM hoping that happens, which is why I brought it up in the first place! Only I know the truth!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2014, 10:17 Prez

I've never really given 2 shits about Rodman one way or another - I've always just accepted his weirdness as a freak being freaky. Not hurting me so who cares? He seems to like the chubby baby-faced psychopath currently tyrannincally reigning over the enigmatic North Korea, but whatever. I kind of get his anger with the media - they are such shameless whoring hacks it's pathetic - but he probably should have never done the conference in the first place. I think I even sort of get his point with the visits to North Korea, which is almost scary.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2014, 10:24.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Jan 7, 2014, 10:10 Prez

No problems here reading and enjoying Bluesnews on my Kindle Fire HD. Looks great, and it's not Apple, which is even better.

As far as the article, 'Yawn'. I'm beyond tired of reading articles by supposed game journalists who consider themselves enlightened by writing about the same topic that has been beaten to death, rezzed, and beaten to death again. Yes, some advertising is somewhat sexist, and gaming is too. Yes, it's because the majority of gamers are males, and not particularly enlightened ones at that. And no it's not going to change so long as it seems to work to advertisers and game makers.. Let's move the hell on, okay?

- Mahatma Gandhi

12678 Comments. 634 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo