Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13057 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Nov 11, 2014, 23:28 Prez

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 20:36:
I was just about to buy Rogue Legacy on Humble Bundle at 75% off, but I believe I'll go for the higher discount on Steam instead.

I said "Oh - Rogue Legacy! Been meaning to buy that! Well, no better time than on a sale. What? I already own it? What is happening to me?!?"

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P)
11. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 11, 2014, 22:36 Prez

YAY! \o/

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 11, 2014, 18:51 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 13:53:
Wow, I didn't even know of those allegations against Cosby.

I remember the rape case and kind of thought the woman making the allegations might be lying, but I never heard of the dozen or so other women who were supposedly going to testify that the same thing happened to them if the case ever went to trial. Now I don't know - she may have been telling the truth.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2014, 18:17 Prez

PC Gamer review is also up. They gave it an 87, but they were of course burdened by the fact they shilled DA2 into a 94, and have been paying for it ever since.

Yeah. I forgave them for their Crysis review that was in the 90's since I enjoyed it more than most others did (it would have been a respectable 80's-ish score in my mind), but they lost me with that execrable DA2 review. Taken by itself the game was a 65, maybe a 70 to my mind. Considered as a sequel to Origins it was about a 45 or 50 for me. I don't give Destructoid and Polygon the hits anymore - I'll see their numbers as an agregate score on Metacritic. If the reviews are generally positive I'll buy it at some point. Of course I would prefer it to be on Steam but Origin isn't too bad; certainly not bad enough to avoid playing a good game because of it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
45. Re: tougher Internet regulation. Nov 11, 2014, 03:38 Prez

I'm confused by your opposition to this LittleMe. It's clear you are against how corporate interests in government have led to anti-consumer monopolies - "Corporatism" as you are calling it. If the FCC does what the POTUS is advocating it would eliminate that from how the internet is run at least. I could see you being opposed to that if you held the view that as businesses internet providers have the right to charge those who use the most bandwidth more, but I'm not hearing that as your stance. Net Neutrality would essentially remove the ability for corporations to be the final arbiter of information on the internet, which based on what you have written seems it would be something you would support.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

41. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 11, 2014, 02:55 Prez

beremot wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 02:44:
Breitbart has a proven pattern of deceit--documented, by, among others, Media Matters. No one can say the reverse, because it simply isn't true.

I don't really keep score honestly - I just have learned to fact-check everything nine ways to Sunday (that is a strange idiom isn't it?). Media Matters does its own spin to be sure, but I don't mind them.

What I find curious is how someone like my wife (a hardcore conservative) and myself (a moderate libertarian with the occasional right-leaning view) determine what is "bias". She will swear that Fox News and Newsmaxx "only report the news, no spin!" while USA Today and CNN are heavily biased to the left. I'm like 'WTF?!?!'

Of course I just nod politely and deftly change the subject because this woman can easily kill me in my sleep and make it look like an accident...

- Mahatma Gandhi

38. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 11, 2014, 02:30 Prez

beremot wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 02:02:
Prez wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 01:41:
You should look it up. The Republicans have gotten so good at it, that there were elections where the Democratic candidate actually got more votes overall ... and still lost.

Can I get a link or three on that? I hadn't heard that before now. And I thought re-districting only benefitted the party in power (which in the Senate was the Democrats)?

I'm not the most knowledgeable guy on this issue either, but here are some numbers compiled by daily kos, which is a left wing website, meaning some will immediately dismiss the data out of hand, but whatever ...

I get what you are saying now. Here's a link that describes it well. As far as sources go, I'll read anything from Breibart to Media Matters and anything in between. I have a finely-honed BS detector that serves me pretty well.

- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 11, 2014, 01:41 Prez

You should look it up. The Republicans have gotten so good at it, that there were elections where the Democratic candidate actually got more votes overall ... and still lost.

Can I get a link or three on that? I hadn't heard that before now. And I thought re-districting only benefitted the party in power (which in the Senate was the Democrats)?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Nov 11, 2014, 01:14 Prez

I agree and disagree with different points Baldwin makes to varying degrees but on this point I believe he nails it:

@scottekaufman Anti-GG's sweeping accusations of "MISOGYNY!", etc. against a broad, bipartisan demographic was toxic & self-defeating.
11:34 AM - 10 Nov 2014

I don't think the cultural war is over, just the part that specifically relates to GG.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2014, 01:33.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Next Month
6. Re: Game Awards 2014 Next Month Nov 11, 2014, 01:09 Prez

Award shows should be outlawed.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: tougher Internet regulation. Nov 11, 2014, 00:56 Prez

TangledThorns wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 00:45:
The Oatmeal cartoonist must be pissed about last week's election to post that kind of garbage. That being said he has no clue on how the Internet is run as not all data is the same. The key words he is missing is 'paid peering.' Content providers like Netflix is taking up a lot of bandwidth and its costing ISPs a lot of money to keep up so Netflix should pay. Also, the Oatmeal claims Comcast is Cruz's buddies but in reality they're very close pals of Obama and the Democrats, see MSNBC.

I saw a list of everyone who took money from Comcast for their campaigns and it had an alarming number of Republicans and Democrats on it. Money knows no party. And yes, Ted Cruz was on that list. It is public knowledge since they need to disclose their donors. And I am not sure why you think the Oatmeal article is wrong - it basically lays out the facts - most importantly that Net Nuetrality has nothing to do with government regulation but instead simply states that all information passed over the intenet will be treated equally. You may not agree with net neutrality, but that doesn't make the facts wrong.

- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: tougher Internet regulation. Nov 11, 2014, 00:26 Prez

I can see this issue eventually making its way to the Supreme Court. In the event that it did, would the Supreme Court ruling be the final word on the matter? While I do understand how government works I have to admit I too get confused when it comes to independent agencies like the EPA, the FDA, and FCC.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Next Month
4. Re: Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Next Month Nov 10, 2014, 23:22 Prez

It felt like all of the DLC was pretty unnecessary. I picked it up eventually because I became addicted but if you just played the base game it would still keep you busy for dozens of hours (assuming that this was your kind of game of course). Definitely excited for the new one.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Next Month
1. Re: Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Next Month Nov 10, 2014, 20:44 Prez

Cute video (reminded me of Pixar's work) but I want to see some gameplay. It seems the gang has grown up some!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 10, 2014, 18:43 Prez

Rossini wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 16:02:
Perhaps the FCC delay is due to President Obama's Net neutrality statement put out today. It seems to me like the President is calling for the internet to be treated as a utility. If so, I could understand why the FCC would need more time for a rethink.

One thing I'm confused about is...does the FCC have the power to declare internet service providers as utility companies? or is that something that needs to be done via a bill passed through Congress?

I am uncertain of that myself. I *think* the FCC has the power to decree such a thing without legislation. Acording to the way it was set up in 1934, they have the power to declare an entity to be a common carrier. If I am right they can simply declare this of the Internet providers and that weould be that. Of course if they do, I would assume that legislators could in turn pass a law superceding the ruling by the FCC (checks and balances and all that), which then could be legally challenged and end up in the Supreme Court.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Making History: The Great War Scenario & Demo
4. Re: Making History: The Great War Scenario & Demo Nov 9, 2014, 17:58 Prez

WW1 is a criminally under-studied period in gaming. Glad to see more studios approaching it now.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 17:54 Prez

You guys haven't tried Farming Simulator deathmatch yet? Noobs.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 9, 2014, 17:49 Prez

I would consider the Xbone for a media server (I'd have to ask around to see how it does for this purpose first), but I don't have an old console to trade in.

EDIT: Well I have a Nintendo Wii in my house but it's my daughter's and she uses it to play Rock Band and Wii-Fit.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk
7. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk Nov 9, 2014, 15:04 Prez

It means, "NO DEDICATED SERVERS FOR YOU!! COME BACK ONE YEAR!"  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Patches
19. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 8, 2014, 21:39 Prez

This is pretty outrageous. This kind of shit makes you want to go back to retail cd's and DVD's. The only thing Valve should be doing is removing the songs from future purchases of the games - to do it retroactively is absolute BS. This is a good way to make people lose faith instantly in digital services like Steam.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13057 Comments. 653 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo