Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13231 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
51. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 04:59 Prez

I generally avoid the flu shot, though I actually intended to get it this year but haven't yet. All other vaccines I am up to date as are my kids. I was in the military for 9 years and we were mandatory vacc'd every 6 months. I have never been sicker than I inevitably would be after I would get one. I obviously wasn't getting the flu, but I was still getting very sick. Others in my command would as well, so it wasn't just me. I want to get one to see if I am over that but I need to wait until I have some free time to recover if I am not.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2015, 22:54 Prez

What the hell happened Packers? I didn't want to see Seattle again this year dammit!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed?
36. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 15, 2015, 03:30 Prez

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 01:35:
Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 22:15:
The Total War bashers are a bit of an enigma to me. I get that Creative Assembly has been releasing games with some big downsides since Empire:TW - I really do. But unless you just find the horse and musket era completely off-putting, it just boggles my mind how people cannot think it is one of the best strategy games ever made once you install the Darth Mod for it. Shogun had some brilliant community made fixes that made it as brilliant as it could be, and even though the "Darth Modder" has hung it up there is still the TWCenter Rome 2 section. Have you seen the changelist for some of these? Every complaint addressed. If you are going to be idealistic and say you shouldn't have to mod your games that is fine but I think you ignoring the biggest advantage PC gaming has over console gaming - a community-improved experience.

The main problem in Rome 2 is that with a complete lack of proper politics and family trees you can't actually DO total war And while mods make things more historical, they can't fix things that are hardcoded.... like the sea battle AI (still one of the worst things ever to touch Total War)

The Darthmod greatly improved the Sea Battle AI in Empire. Why wouldn't they be able to in Rome?

- Mahatma Gandhi

34. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 14, 2015, 22:15 Prez

The Total War bashers are a bit of an enigma to me. I get that Creative Assembly has been releasing games with some big downsides since Empire:TW - I really do. But unless you just find the horse and musket era completely off-putting, it just boggles my mind how people cannot think it is one of the best strategy games ever made once you install the Darth Mod for it. Shogun had some brilliant community made fixes that made it as brilliant as it could be, and even though the "Darth Modder" has hung it up there is still the TWCenter Rome 2 section. Have you seen the changelist for some of these? Every complaint addressed. If you are going to be idealistic and say you shouldn't have to mod your games that is fine but I think you ignoring the biggest advantage PC gaming has over console gaming - a community-improved experience.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2015, 22:24.

- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 14, 2015, 12:58 Prez

grudgebearer wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 11:44:
Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 10:04:
Wow, all of the negative ninnies here... I for one think this would be fantastic!

Games-Workshop has a great IP, and fantastic writers at their disposal, but their games division is focused on milking out every penny they can from customers at all costs. Whoring out their IPs to low-skill developers because they are paranoid that any game that comes too close to the tabletop experience will detract from their miniature sales.

Well, I don't want a table-top experience. Table-top games are their own animal. I would much prefer it be real-time and visceral rather than slow and strategic like a turn-based table-top emulator would be. Not that I don't love that style, but I have been wanting a Total War-style Warhammer game since the first Shogun.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 14, 2015, 11:43 Prez

Verno wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 11:38:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 10:52:
Hrm, I'm tempted to go in for at least $15 for Shadowrun:HK, I got the first two, played through the first one and found it good, and the second one apparently is much better, according pretty much universal reviews. (It's in the queue!)

I'll burn through Dragonfall real quick and see if I still want another game in that engine.

I just started Dragonfall last night and even just the first 20 minutes is heads and tails better than Returns.

I am playing a pretty good open-ended mod for it called Shadowrun Unlimited right now.

- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 14, 2015, 10:04 Prez

Wow, all of the negative ninnies here... I for one think this would be fantastic!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
72. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 22:22 Prez

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 21:58:
Clearly they don't hate you, or they would just tell you to fuck yourself and buy a console.

If delaying it means that it won't be as poorly optimized as GTA IV was at release then I am all for it!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 13, 2015, 00:02 Prez

Apple toots its own horn, indirectly helped create 1 million jobs.

And only around 1% threw themselves off the closest rooftop this month! That's a record low!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Job Posting Hints MS RTS Revival
10. Re: Job Posting Hints MS RTS Revival Jan 13, 2015, 00:00 Prez

Verno wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 16:13:
Great, another opportunity for Microsoft to take a big steaming dump on my nostalgia.

Still waiting with dread to see what their big gaming related Windows 10 announcement is.

LOL - Well said!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
15. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 15:40 Prez

30 million? Are you guys related to Yerli Cevat by chance? Maybe they mean they would sell 30 million units if it weren't for piracy?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month
6. Re: Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month Jan 10, 2015, 15:36 Prez

Kobalt wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 13:29:
Stardock how about you release a game that isn't a buggy mess for once before talking about 3 new games ok?

Both GalCiv games were rock steady at release and great games. I don't recall any glaring troubles with Sins of a Solar Empire on release either. Stardock does know how to release complete games, they are just inconsistent.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories Jan 9, 2015, 23:47 Prez

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 23:18:
harlock wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:26:
it was a total waste of time, when they could have been working on SkyFalloutRim

fucking dumbasses

Nope. Two totally different studios. Next to no one from skyrim made this.
It is always hard to tell with Harlock, but I think he was being sardonic.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Friday the 13th Game Revealed
10. Re: Friday the 13th Game Revealed Jan 9, 2015, 23:13 Prez

SlimRam wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 23:00:
Hmmmm, I think my game would be something like:

Nail the chick, get killed.

I fail to see the replay value here

LOL! I always felt bad for the nerdy guy who would score with the hot chick then get skewered.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories
18. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories Jan 9, 2015, 22:40 Prez

Still wondering what the point of ESO was to begin with. Did it offer ANYTHING that wasn't in the other 2 billion fantasy-themed MMO's out there?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Friday the 13th Game Revealed
8. Re: Friday the 13th Game Revealed Jan 9, 2015, 22:29 Prez

I am sensing a Slender Man clone. Done well that would be pretty damn cool. I would prefer more of an "Alien Isolation" vibe with Jason Voorhees replacing the Alien though.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Pre-Purchases & Bonuses
8. Re: Resident Evil HD Pre-Purchases & Bonuses Jan 9, 2015, 01:03 Prez

Rattlehead wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 19:53:
Wildone wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 17:19:
old game with new textures? Pass.
I don't get why people feel the need to announce they are passing on a game. What's the point?

This post has no value. Pass.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ubisoft Graduate Program 2015
5. Re: Ubisoft Graduate Program 2015 Jan 9, 2015, 01:01 Prez

Hey it beats the old days of working 90 hours a week for $16,000 a year as a tester. This seems like it would be a great way to get noticed if you have real telent.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2015, 19:45 Prez

Comcast Cable Chief Promises Customer Service Will “Be Our Best Product.” Really.

Yeah, right. With the complete lack of competition thanks to government sanctioned regional monopolies cable companies have no incentive to improve anything. If I want faster than 10mbps my choices are 1) Comcast, or 2) Move to an area where there's someone else besides Comcast.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
10. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 19:16 Prez

Who gives a shit what they are called? If they help PC gaming gain more penetration (heh) then I am all for them whatver you call them. If not, oh well, moving along...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13231 Comments. 662 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo