Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12417 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month
8. Re: Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month Jun 3, 2014, 12:43 Prez

Yep. It was pretty rough when I last tried it a year ago but it was definitely on the right track. Excited about this new release!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Saved Game Bug
9. Re: Watch Dogs Saved Game Bug Jun 3, 2014, 08:48 Prez

Honestly Uplay gives absolutely no reason to be online, so I always play in offline mode anyway.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
50. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 3, 2014, 08:41 Prez

I never got why people will suddenly start worrying about plot feasibility in games like Homefront. Is it any worse than a Zombie Apocalypse or a great big Mecca in space with dozens of different alien races?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
41. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 18:22 Prez

Actually this game sounds like it may possibly fulfill the promise of the first one. Color me interested.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 1, 2014, 17:05 Prez

Agreed - it looks pretty intriguing. I'm into too mny early access games already though. I'd rather wait for a finished product.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
67. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 17:00 Prez

She is actually hurting her own cause by using retarded examples that are not sexist, thereby removing any validity her argument may have had. Which is why she is an idiot. Not only is she not helping, she is actually hurting. People who otherwise might think "yeah, there are games that are sexist" instead roll their eyes at her nonsense.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2014, 13:20 Prez

PHJF wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 11:07:
Fresh basil? Tis the season for bruschetta, after all.

Mmmmmm, BRUSCHETTA. Drool

- Mahatma Gandhi

53. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 12:36 Prez

To put it plainly, she set out specifically to find exactly what she was looking for, so of course she's going to find it. There's nothing scientific or honest about going in with a predetermined result and then using any evidence you find to support the result you started with.

That's not to say games aren't guilty of at least some of what she's talking about, but focusing entirely on a perceived problem instead of the bigger picture is disingenuous at best.

Exactly right on both points. Bravo!

And the post below by Cpmartin illustrates exactly why the sexist slant in gaming exists in the first place. And lets be honest here: mediums far older and more ingrained in society (namely TV and movies) have established that slant by selling the sex constantly. Videogames are merely serving a market already pre-disposed to wanting that type of content because of these more powerful mediums. Blaming videogames for anything more than following the big boys is retarded.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2014, 12:42.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
83. Re: Elite Beta Jun 1, 2014, 10:35 Prez

harlock wrote on May 31, 2014, 12:28:
Prez wrote on May 31, 2014, 10:17:
. My money is on when all is said and done there will be a great game at the end of the epic development time.

id certainly take that bet if you were serious, and there was some way to objectively measure the valuation of a "great" game... some people are saying watch dogs is "great", some are saying quite different things

Yeah, fair enough. There are some games, like (staying with the Space Sim theme) like X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter and Wing Commander that are virtually universally considered to be "great", which is what I was getting at. And I was being serious; the only question in my mind is how long until Star Citizen ships AND how long until the shipped product fixed enough that it has all of its promised features and works for everyone flawlessly? With a game this ambitious I just can't see it shipping without some problems.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DCS: F-86F Sabre Announced
37. Re: DCS: F-86F Sabre Announced Jun 1, 2014, 10:27 Prez

The Mig-15 was in "Mig Alley" too. Great game.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

32. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 23:52 Prez

She is not a crusader. She is not brave or noble. She is an attention-starved, egotistical, self-important twat who sees wrong in anything that doesn't portray a woman in her narrow, hair-brained, ignorant image of what a woman should be. My experience is that most women think she's an absolute fool. Way more than guys, because too many guys are afraid to call stupidity for what it is because it may harm their white-knight status if they do so against someone erroneously and ridiculously calling out supposed sexism.

Just because sexism exists doesn't make anyone who proclaims themselves a champion of anti-sexism a hero. Especially in the case of this idiot.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Rise of Nations: Extended Edition Next Month
14. Re: Rise of Nations: Extended Edition Next Month May 31, 2014, 14:52 Prez

Happy News! This was and still is a fun game. Love playing skirmish and coop.

Rise of Legends too please!

Yep!

- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 13:39 Prez

She shouldn't be raped of course, but she should forever more be ignored for making such an asinine assertion. Such an idiot.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

72. Re: Elite Beta May 31, 2014, 10:17 Prez

Yeah but this is kind of how Roberts has always operated. My money is on when all is said and done there will be a great game at the end of the epic development time. The problem is that in the meantime with all the fluff it just seems like the team is meandering aimlessly towards nothing in particular. I suspect that is one of the downfalls of NOT having a publisher - there's no one to hold your feet to the fire and say, 'come on guys, let's get moving on this and get something done in a timely manner'. Right now all of the fluff updates give the impression that the team lacks focus.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DCS: F-86F Sabre Announced
28. Re: DCS: F-86F Sabre Announced May 31, 2014, 07:39 Prez

These study sims are astounding in their detail. I wish I still had the time to dedicate to learning to fly them like I used to. Nothing is more rewarding than being able to play a successful mission in one of these hardcore flight sims.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 30, 2014, 13:40 Prez

Creston wrote on May 30, 2014, 12:14:
How much have you failed in life if you have to pay a hacker to get a fucking achievement for you?

And how stupid do you have to be to think that it's a good idea?

- Mahatma Gandhi

43. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 13:26 Prez

Wildone wrote on May 30, 2014, 12:04:
Phew thanks! Now FD will go bankrupt bcus you chose to pass.

Prez wrote on May 30, 2014, 11:37:
Way too much to justify for a game for me right now. I'll wait until release.

Oh my own little stalker troll is back. How cute. Seems I can't say anything in a space sim thread without "Stupid one" having to post something he probably thinks is terribly clever.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 30, 2014, 11:40 Prez

Glen Beck has gone full-on batshit insane. It pains me that my wife still listens to him. She hurries and changes the station when I'm around, but still...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Pandora: First Contact on Steam; Free Expansion Added
2. Re: Pandora: First Contact on Steam; Free Expansion Added May 30, 2014, 11:38 Prez

Wow, Alpha Centauri 2!! Well that is my first impression anyway. Might have to get this because I LOVED AC.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

25. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 11:37 Prez

Way too much to justify for a game for me right now. I'll wait until release.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

12417 Comments. 621 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo