Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12283 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2013, 20:41 Prez

I dunno - a new Blade Runner with a Harrison Ford cameo wouldn't be so bad, though it's doubtful a new movie would come near the genius of the first. But this probably means they want him to be star, which I hate. If the last "Indiana Jones" movie taught us anything, it's that Ford's action movie days are long behind him.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements
15. Re: DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements Oct 8, 2013, 13:20 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 12:10:
DukeFNukem wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 12:05:
@BigShot

Bots? You sir, need to be waterboarded. Multiplayer with bots becomes boring and less satisfying than defeating a human that you can taunt and humiliate after punishing him for awhile.

Thumbs down for bots. The one thing I especially hated about bots was connecting to a server and "not knowing" whether who was a bot and who wasn't. Very deceptive stuff. How upsetting it was to discover I was playing against bots and not humans in the past.

If you don't like them, don't use them. But that doesn't mean other people wouldn't like them, or that they should be excluded.

With how badly I suck at competitive MP games (no it is not just a matter of practicing more - I really just SUCK) the only way I can enjoy a BF game is coop/sp against bots. So yeah, I'll take bots.

There are filters for everything in the server searches; just filter hour search for servers with bots disabled if you don't want them.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 20:38 Prez

... It's more XCOM; what could possibly go wrong?

Goddammit! Why did you have to go and do that? No you jinxed it!

You know why Duke Nukem FOrever turned out disappointing don't you? Before it shipped someone said "It's more Duke Nukem; what could possibly go wrong?"

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 6, 2013, 16:46 Prez

So is it or isn't it? Microsoft execs need to have a long talk with their PR department. It sounds like they are all winging it as they all keep saying contradictory things.  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Beta Patch
3. Re: Total War: ROME II Beta Patch Oct 6, 2013, 04:24 Prez

Nice. Not sure if any of this adresses the way battles are over a little too quickly though.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed
21. Re: Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed Oct 6, 2013, 04:22 Prez

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 13:25:
There is no HL3, sadly. Why would they bother making a FPS single player game, even with traditional multiplayer DM/CTF or whatever, spending millions, when they can do almost nothing and keep making bank on Steam itself, DotA 2, and other various semi-indie games they absorb like the Borg?

Because they are still gamers at heart who want to give other gamers what they want dearly? Okay, I know that may be ridiculously naive, but I kind of hope it is still true.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode a "Possibility"
12. Re: SimCity Offline Mode a Oct 4, 2013, 18:17 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 17:41:
Love the SimCity series in general, but this one has had so many bad decisions, that even offline, I'm not sure I would pick it up.

Exactly. Like Diablo 3, forced online play for Singleplayer was only one reason I didn't buy the latest Simcity. Why are the cities so damn small? It looks more like Simvillage.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam
7. Re: BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam Oct 3, 2013, 18:44 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 18:08:
Excellent! Now do this to Dead Rising 2: OTR as well!

THIS!!! 1000X This!!

News Comments > BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam
2. Re: BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam Oct 3, 2013, 17:44 Prez

The news is a bit late, but still an awesome move. Considering how old the game is they would have been forgiven for just leaving it with the unsupported (and abysmally awful) GWL. Hopefully they get respect from the community for this gesture.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 TMed
11. Re: Half-Life 3 TMed Oct 2, 2013, 01:31 Prez

If it happens I'll take interest in it when it's released; until then Valve's development cycles are too sketchy to waste the energy caring.

Exactly how I feel. I've pretty much moved on from Half-Life but I can be convinced to care again if Valve releases a fantastic game.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 1, 2013, 15:53 Prez

Well just don't make the mistake again of confusing me and Beamer. He and I disagree on almost everything. And you might want to refrain from throwing labels around first thing and listening to what people say. I am a centrist libertarian with a slight right wing slant. I just also have been around long enough to understand human nature, and I have a pretty low opinion of people in general. I'm mostly an animal guy - the vast majority of animals that I work with are better than most all of the people I've ever met.  

19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 1, 2013, 15:40 Prez

Like I said, label me however you like; it just makes you sound lime a simpleton, and given how you apparently view big business and corporate America through your Rush Limbaugh-approved rose-tinted glasses the evidence is mounting.

I am against the jingoistic "tax the rich" rhetoric of the left - it is not as simple as that and ends up doing more harm than good in the long run and I respect that corporations provide the wonderful luxuries we enjoy that make our lives better and more enjoyable. I don't hate big business or businessmen and women - they provide us with jobs. But Jesus - it's like you don't read any of the COUNTLESS stories about CEO's who get golden parachutes and the benefit of a system rigged heavily in their favor to keep them making huge money while the working man gets screwed. In 2008 my company's CEO got a bonus larger than the combined salaries of the 10 workers who were laid of in the same year, and he didn't even consider giving it back, because it was his "due". Meanwhile those who got laid off lost their jobs explicitly because of his poor business decisions in the prior years.

Hell, my wife is a goddamn Tea Party member and she is tired of how corporate America works, because it screws the little guy and rewards the fat cats who make terrible decisions. You almost have to be a cutthroat douchebag to get ahead or else the competition will eat you alive.

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 1, 2013, 09:50 Prez

Axis wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 09:42:
Cheating lying assholes are cheating lying assholes in all walks of life. Much less common for cheating lying assholes to become high ranking successful entrepreneurs.

Cheating lying assholes are more often be found fired, often unemployed, and ostracized.

Facts.

LMAO. Your "facts" smack of delusion to me. It's not cheating to work the system to get ahead while screwing others in the process - it's how the game is played. Jeez I wish I could live in your imagined utopia.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Sep 30, 2013, 22:20 Prez

I generally dislike QTE's, but in "The Walking Dead" they worked I think because true action sequences would seem jarringly out of place in a pure adventure game. They didn't bother me at all in TWD much to my surprise. They are annoying as hell in Far Cry 3 though.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 21:51 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 21:47:
Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 21:05:
This just boggles the mind. It's like the elites don't even care enough to make the pretense anymore that there isn't a shadow government controlling every aspect of your life. It's like, 'Fuck you. Yeah we're doing all this shit. What are you gonna' do about it? Nothing. That's what.' And they're right, the masses just don't know or even care.

Yup, like small children who can be distracted from interest in the daddy's sock drawer with a new toy, Americans are too busy watching Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, and teh interweb pr0n to really care. As long as they're fed distractions, most Americans won't give a shit.

You guys are depressing the hell out of me. More so for being exactly right.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in November
1. Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in November Sep 30, 2013, 21:48 Prez

Well they didn't specify which console - it ships roughly the same time as the next gen versions.  

News Comments > Ian Livingstone Leaving Eidos
3. Re: Ian Livingstone Leaving Eidos Sep 30, 2013, 21:45 Prez

Rhino wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 20:59:
And this makes me extremely nostalgic for the Fighting Fantasy books....

Me too! I used to love reading/role-playing Ian Livingstone (and Steve Jackson as well) when I was in grade school!

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2013, 21:36 Prez

Axis wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 21:08:
Prez wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 19:29:
Remember kids, if you're successful, you're a grade A douchebag. This is your typical left wing viewpoint in spades.

I am far from left-wing but let's be honest - tons of successful entrepreneurs became rich through taking advantage of other peoples' hard work and walking all over the little guy.

That statement puts you pretty much square in the FAR left-wing category.

You can classify me however you like but you aren't exactly considered an objective source around here so it isn't going to make me lose sleep.

Tons? Where are these tons of successful entrepreneurs who are shitbag people sweat thieves? They're as rare as the practicing mash-em-up doctor with fake credentials. You don't become successful or rich from being a jackoff 'taking advantage of others and walking all over people'.

It isn't the only way - obviously there are many successful corporate muckity-mucks who got where they are legitimately but to pretend it only happens that way is head-in-the-sand willful ignorance.

The few who would get away with such a ridiculous contradiction as "success" and "Little people smasher" would be well known, so start listing them.

There ARE a whole bunch of shitbags who will do anything to get ahead. I personally worked for 2 who were CEO and Plant Manager at my company. They not only screwed over people to get where they were but they continued to take advantage of a system designed to keep them rich and the little guy stuck in the rat race. I will be the first to applaud hard working, honest entrepreneurs who remain ethical regardless of how successful they become (I personally know one and he is a true philanthropist) but there are way more dirtbags out there in corporate America than you'd like to pretend. WAY WAY more. Even the good ones willingly make themselves part of a system that is so skewed in their and their cohorts' favor and against the working man that they are often seen in a bad light just for where they are. If you want to ride the Rush Limbaugh wagon and pretend all CEO's are altruistic angels then feel free, but don't expect me to come along for the ride.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2013, 19:29 Prez

Remember kids, if you're successful, you're a grade A douchebag. This is your typical left wing viewpoint in spades.

I am far from left-wing but let's be honest - tons of successful entrepreneurs became rich through taking advantage of other peoples' hard work and walking all over the little guy.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2013, 19:13 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 13:29:
The One Telco Exec Who Resisted The NSA Has Been Released From 4+ Years In Jail.

... For that they charged him with insider trading (something probably 90% of all CEOs could be charged with if he owns company stock)...

I'm pretty sure that number is more like 100%.

Question: Will Dianne Feinstein Investigate Her Own Leak Of Classified Info? Will She Face Espionage Act Charges?

Answer: No. Duh!

12283 Comments. 615 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo