Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13121 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Arkham Knight 2 in June
4. Re: Arkham Knight 2 in June Sep 8, 2014, 15:33 Prez

Oh I get it.

Wait, are you mocking me?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arkham Knight 2 in June
2. Re: Arkham Knight 2 in June Sep 8, 2014, 15:27 Prez

Arkham Knight 2? Was there an Arkham Knight 1 that I missed?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 15:10 Prez

Quboid wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 15:04:
None of those are RPS. It was phrased badly but "gamers are over" wasn't attacking gaming culture, it was attacking bullying and bigotry in gaming. Nothing has proven their point more than the response, including the failure of people like you to see the difference between gaming and these behaviours.

I'm sorry but that's a bunch of crap. People ticked off by the gaming media's painting of gamers with such a broad brush is not proving the gaming media's point. Not a single one of us disgusted with how low gaming media has sunk in attacking its own market has any problem whatsoever recognizing the difference between bad behavior and gaming. That is such garbage I can't believe you would ever claim it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 14:49 Prez

Beamer wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 14:09:
garrywong wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 14:04:
Wouldn't it be nice if, from the ashes of this shit, out comes something that is actually, real games journalism? Some people stand up and say "we are going to show them what real journalism is about"? Is there even any room for journalism within the games industry? Does journalism exist within any other entertainment media?

It will never, ever happen. Because there are only two things to write about in games:
1) PR. 99% of news comes directly from the studios themselves. There isn't much reporting to do here
2) Editorials, including reviews. Still, not much room to do anything here, either

I don't get why people are convinced that covering games, a consumer product, is somehow comparable to covering developments in the Middle East. Gaming news is screenshots, release dates, previews, reviews, and editorials. There isn't really much else to be said about something that someone wants you to buy. No one with a journalism degree wants to do this because it doesn't use the same skills. Journalists have to go out there and find information. Game sites are parsing through information coming from studios. And that's the only place the information can come from. It isn't like a reporter can go out there and find information about Half Life 3 on his own - that has to come from Valve.

True enough I guess, but consider that PC Gamer, Computer Gaming Magazine, Computer Gaming World and other print mags were able to put out enjoyable magazines for years (I have stacks of old ones I can't bring myself to throw out) without resorting to "Waaah, Misogyny!" and "You gamers suck!" at all. Things are far worse now that online gaming media is the order of the day; maybe people expect gaming media to be about, ya know, GAMES!

- Mahatma Gandhi

General Discussion > Amazon Orders
13. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 8, 2014, 10:32 Prez

Well I bought about $50 of mp3's through the link provided. Hopefully it shows up.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 10:16 Prez

Verno wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 09:56:
Videogames are absolutely for everybody but RPS isn't for me anymore. Sorry John but too much non-gaming silliness.

Exactly what I was going to say. Nothing but self-promoting drama queens at RPS.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Sep 8, 2014, 01:56 Prez

harlock wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 20:57:
i wonder if they realize the possibility of an assertively rebellious anti-anti-exploitation backlash, just to spite all the do-gooders and give the rabid anti-anti crowd something to rally around, like a badge of honor..

im expecting it will put duke nukem and postal to shame..

we shall see

Personally I'd love to see another Duke Nukem game with his usual over-the-top,crass womanizing ratcheted up a few more notches. We could sit back and watch the media's collective head explode, Scanners style!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2014, 01:53 Prez

I played State of Decay for at least a hundred hours - it scratched a certain itch for me I guess. It was really a great game imo.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2014, 00:08 Prez

I don't base my buying decisions on Worth a Buy videos. As with Yahtzee Cremshaw's videos I watch them purely for entertainment. He's way too critical and comes across as a PC snob but when he gets angry it's comedy gold. .  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
16. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 7, 2014, 20:34 Prez

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 20:31:
Doesn't ESPN air poker tournaments and spelling bees?

They do but I don't recall them ever claiming those were sports. As for what they are doing on a sports network, well, what was wrestling doing on the Sci-Fi channel?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
14. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 7, 2014, 20:30 Prez

No, I don't think esports are sports are real sports any more than I think emails are real mail!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2014, 10:55 Prez

I kind of thought the point was that there never was a debate to resolve in the first place. After a lot of righteous indignation in article after article belittling something and anyone who disagrees, nobody else that I've seen with more of a voice than an average forum poster has really bothered to point out that the professionally offended aren't really paying attention to facts.

All that aside, I thought it was just nice for someone to do something that said we aren't all shitty people for liking games or comics or whatever for a change.

The video argued opinions based on real facts, something no one on the white-knight side has done. It also beautifully pointed out the hypocrisy in peoples' indignation about everything. I try to remain on an even keel about things but I am utterly sick to the point of nausea by people whining non-stop about what they find personally inappropriate, as if there is some mandate in entertainment mediums that only media that upsets absolutely no one is allowed. I wish those people would kindly shut the hell up. If they did this issue would die tomorrow.

- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2014, 20:17 Prez

PropheT wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 13:37:
I think that Spider-Woman Maddox video might be the best thing I've ever seen.

Indeed. That video needs to be watched a billion times by every single self-important white knight in gaming and anywhere else.

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2014, 16:43 Prez

That's the most Call of Duty I've watched since CoD2. That was indeed surreally beautiful with the added music.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer
6. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer Sep 6, 2014, 12:23 Prez

saluk wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 11:29:
You people are weird...

Guilty!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 6, 2014, 12:20 Prez

Well I'm kinda glad - with such a terrible reception the game should be discounted fairly quickly!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 6, 2014, 00:30 Prez

Verno wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 23:48:
I'm a huge fan of the Dead Rising franchise but I don't hear a lot of good about this port, lots of complaints online.

Same here. I've heard very bad things about the port job. It makes me wonder if Capcom will EVER figure this out. Crappy, late port jobs don't sell well. If you must release first on console, fine, but for god's sake the newer PC edition ought to play better, not considerably worse than the older console version.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer
3. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer Sep 5, 2014, 22:06 Prez

I would be lying if I said I wasn't impatiently waiting for this. I can't get enough Borderlands - it just seems to scratch that itch for me. According to my Steam stats I'm approaching 500 hours played on the first two games! ANd here's the REALLY strange part. All but maybe 2 dozen hours of that has been in singleplayer. Yep, I'm just a frickin' weirdo.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Sep 5, 2014, 22:04 Prez

Julio wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 18:25:
Great article by Slate, and I agree with Creston's posts below. Those 'gaming journalists' can circle the wagons all they want, we'll go elsewhere and let their sites die.

Hoping that Blue is seeing an upswing with his coverage of this issue. Definitely I'm seeing a lot more posts than the usual suspects.

Agreed on all points.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 5, 2014, 21:54 Prez

You can't tell me Apple isn't paying these people to do this insane shit in order to fabricate a preception of high demand that doesnt really exist. I mean, yeah, people want their new iphone, but no one sane is going to do this dumb crap.

Cutter wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 19:36:
A rectal sandpaper dildo for example, would be up there for worst product ever.

Dammit. There goes my latest idea for an invention.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13121 Comments. 657 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo