Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12512 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
20. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 4, 2013, 23:13 Prez

When they start treating Battlefield games like the Madden series with new games every year or so what do they expect? Of course there are going to be bugs - it's not like they are interested in anything other than milking the fan base. A working game isn't really the concern; they just need something out there they can sell map packs and dlc for. It's beyond me why people still fall for this shit.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2013, 23:19.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion
12. Re: The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion Dec 3, 2013, 22:19 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 22:11:
Prez wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 20:06:
This should have been in the original release. What little there existed of space missions was appalling. Then again, if the space combat is as boring and stupid as the land combat it won't be any better than what was there. What a terrible, terrible game. To think they abandoned making Knights of the Old Republic 3 for this abomination. Ugh.

Haven't you heard? Single player is dead. There are too many pirates and no money to be made. Everyone wants all online all the time.

Ha - I know you're being facetious but sadly the people who run things at EA really believe that despite there being plenty of evidence to the contrary.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
50. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 3, 2013, 20:21 Prez

So I got the XCOM expansion last night, and played for about 4 hours. I have amassed some meld but I haven't researched anything that uses it. I'm actually debating playing the game the old fashioned way - no bio enhancements or mechs - against the new enemies (which are awesome btw). I'm on normal difficulty (classic just kicks my ass in the early game) so maybe it's doable. Too bad they didn't balance the need for satellites though - it's still too easy to enter a death spiral with countries withdrawing due to high panic levels, making the chore of satellite management a crucial factor.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion
4. Re: The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion Dec 3, 2013, 20:06 Prez

This should have been in the original release. What little there existed of space missions was appalling. Then again, if the space combat is as boring and stupid as the land combat it won't be any better than what was there. What a terrible, terrible game. To think they abandoned making Knights of the Old Republic 3 for this abomination. Ugh.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2013, 22:31 Prez

Wetworks wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 19:10:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 18:26:
They understand that MODS increase sales. duh. DLC kills sales and fragments communities. DLC is rarely > MODS.

That's too simplistic a statement, there are certain styles of games that majorly benefits from mods, mostly sandbox style games. In fact, locking down the base game from mods + pumping out dlc and microtransactions is becoming the norm. Games like BF4, Borderlands 2, COD, Sims 3, Crysis 3, etc...

People will happily spend $15 for a map pack that use to be free with mods. Also, there are no mods on consoles so a lot of companies will not even bother to support it on the pc side.

Your point about why DLC is popular is completely valid but I have to agree with Bats - mods >>>>>> dlc. Mods strengthen a game's community; dlc will often splinter it. I'm not against dlc; quite the contrary actually. I have bought hundreds of dollars' worth of it. But if the base game is solid I think great mod tools is a better investment for the publisher in the long run. Battlefield 2 is still being modded and is still hugely popular. Battlefield 3 was largely locked down and will be long forgotten while BF2 will still be going strong.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2013, 22:38.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
62. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 12:42 Prez

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 10:15:
Prez wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 23:48:
Well I created a Play it Forward group in Steam for Holiday 2014. Feel free to join everyone.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/playitforward2014

I basically invited everyone. I'm not sure if that's how BATs wants to do it though. I seem to remember last year you joined after you were gifted a game and then bought one for someone else.

Anyway, get those wishlists up to date, and try to include some less expensive games for those of us who ain't swimmin' in chedda'. (Did I really just say that?!?)

Exactly. I'm in the process of starting a new company so the Bay of Fundy is at low tide so let's cool our jets at least till the winter sale starts.

It's going on throughout the holiday season up until New Years so take your time. No rush.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
53. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2013, 23:48 Prez

Well I created a Play it Forward group in Steam for Holiday 2014. Feel free to join everyone.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/playitforward2014

I basically invited everyone. I'm not sure if that's how BATs wants to do it though. I seem to remember last year you joined after you were gifted a game and then bought one for someone else.

Anyway, get those wishlists up to date, and try to include some less expensive games for those of us who ain't swimmin' in chedda'. (Did I really just say that?!?)

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
56. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 08:23 Prez

Quinn wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 03:22:
State of Decay is very fun to play, but be as it may, the story and characters don't connect with me. I've played it for about 30 minutes so far. Prez, maybe you can tell me... will the story at some point get interesting or is it simply not a game to play for the story, basically?

Story-wise it doesn't seem to break any new ground honestly, relying mostly on well-worn genre tropes. It's decent, but mostly it plays second fiddle to the basic experience of sneaking and smashing zombie skulls.

- Mahatma Gandhi

49. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 02:23 Prez

Yo Prez! What's State of Decay all about? What do you do in that game?

It's Grand Theft Zombie! LOL - it's a 3rd-person open world mission-driven sandbox game about survival in the zombie apocalypse - lots of stealth, lots of melee combat, a decent amount if shooting, some RPG elements, an interesting and varied world to explore... it's all good! Aside from the new XCOM it is my favorite game this year actually - definitely didn't see that coming but I love it! Mouse and keyboard work great AND are rebindable as of the Nov 21st update - sweet!

- Mahatma Gandhi

37. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 20:00 Prez

Sorry that you didn't enjoy it Burrito, but I have to echo everyone else - Sleeping Dogs is a fantastic game.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
18. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 12:30 Prez

For an MMO the game is not bad I guess. I hate pretty much everything about MMO's but this is my friend's game of choice, and since he lives 5 states away it's an okay way to socialize. Not to mention he bought the game for me so I feel obligated to play it with him. Having watched in awe as my son played WoW, stunned at how spectacularly boring it looked, I guess I can say that this game is marginally more interesting. It still feels like an immense chore to play, but again I've never been a fan of MMO's. It's definitely pretty, so, um, yeah.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2013, 12:23 Prez

EA: We want to be voted the best company in America
I want to be voted People's sexiest man alive…

I almost spit out my Diet Mountain Dew all over my monitor when I read this! Hysterical!! Laugh2

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: 'PS4 PSN Game Prices Will Be Changed' - Sony. Nov 27, 2013, 12:21 Prez

Microsoft has clarified to Ars Technica that clips uploaded to Xbox Live through Upload Studio are subject to the same Code of Conduct that governs activity elsewhere on the service, such as when playing in online matches. That means “excessive profanity as well as other Code of Conduct violations will be enforced upon and result in suspension of some or all privileges on Xbox Live,” a Microsoft representative told Ars in a statement.

I don't know, this just sounds Orwellian to me. Overlord Microsoft will protect all!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Curt Schilling on Amalur
11. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2013, 00:03 Prez

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 22:35:
nin wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 22:29:
Is he from the future or the past? I'm a little confused right now...

Maybe Curt is a Terminator sent back to find John Connor by getting him to register for boring games?

No, it's gotta be Skynet. Skynet is getting ever more sly in its machinations! Kingdom of Alamur will actually become Skynet and bore the human race into extinction.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million
85. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 27, 2013, 00:00 Prez

If you're buying something that isn't just cosmetic with real money, it's pay to win.

Assuming the game is somehow competitive in nature, this is pretty much it in a nutshell. The only question is just HOW pay-to-win it is. Of course, as someone already mentioned (EDIT: that would be Horrorscope! ), user-run servers will mitigate or even eliminate that issue. I plan on only playing single player, so it's a moot point for me.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million
55. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 26, 2013, 16:26 Prez

DangerDog wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 15:33:
They're really good at making money, but can they make a game?

Chris Roberts has made one or two in his time ya know.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2013, 15:21 Prez

It's like they say - when it rains, it pours. It's been a rough few weeks for Blue. Hang in there bro.

Thank you to all of our pet companions for their unconditional love and making our souls richer.

Cheers

Hear hear! Without my dogs I'd surely have lost my mind (or done something drastic...) when I was struggling with depression a few years ago. I literally owe my life to my pets!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2013, 23:38 Prez

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 21:28:
(maybe if it was 6.49 i'd say go for it).

Ouch!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 25, 2013, 18:29 Prez

State of Decay is getting good reviews. I highly recommend that everyone give it a try.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2013, 18:00 Prez

Hanover wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 16:11:
Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 15:37:
Quinn wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 14:39:
Prez, does that game still only support controllers? I'm intrigued by your enthousiasm.

I play it with mouse and keyboard and it works great. The only thing is that as of right now there is no official key rebinding (not sure about mods or config tweaks) but future updates will include that. I think it's supposed to be in next week's update. Anyway, don't get me wrong - I'm not guaranteeing that everyone will love it like I do. I am just giving my personal impression of it; your mileage may vary.
I bought and played it for the first time last night and use K&M just fine. I also bound a few keys from within the UI without any mods.

Wow - really? I guess the update has landed already. Cool!

LOL@ Quinn!!!

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2013, 20:49.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12512 Comments. 626 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo