Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13065 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 16:17 Prez

...Star Citizen, aka Chris Robert’s (Vaporware) BEST GAME EVER.

Now, before we begin this crusade, let me highlight that I’m no troll and I’m not making the point the game will never release...

How can you make the cute little accusation that it's vaporware and in the next sentence claim you're not a troll saying the game won't release? Isn't that exactly what his accusation of vaporware means?

Even posted as an editorial, it is ill-advised to be on a game press site. To my mind it reads more like a trollish forum post in a thread beneath an article than something worthy of being released as a professional editorial.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2014, 16:26.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Taking Take-Two?
17. Re: Activision Taking Take-Two? Aug 31, 2014, 18:09 Prez

Oh God... PLEASE let this just be a rumor.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced
6. Re: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced Aug 31, 2014, 18:07 Prez

The Icewind Dale games were absolutely incredible. I liked them even better than the Baldur's Gate series.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 30, 2014, 08:17 Prez

I am a little surprised by how little use (comparatively speaking) there is in Russia and Slovak nations. There are so many great developers in those areas.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
174. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2014, 07:59 Prez

Jensen wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 23:50:
How does a woman make a video series to draw attention to sexism in video games without drawing attention to herself? Is there a different way she could have done it?

How about the guys that make videos like the "Five Guys" video? Are their videos not just attempts at self promotion?

Do you notice you never see them in their videos? They aren't gussied up championing for a cause. Hell, they don't even use their real names; I couldn't tell you what their real names are. Agree or disagree with the content, their videos feel more genuine.

I didn't say it was fact; I said that's what it seemed like to me. Either way, Sarkeesian is a phony and a liar. THAT I am sure of.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
147. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 23:11 Prez

nin wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 22:03:
Jensen wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 21:40:
nin wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:14:
She's a lot like Jack Thompson. You could almost say she's started down the same path, as an alarmist desperately begging for your attention (and money!).

She is nothing like Jack Thompson.
Thompson tried to sue game makers over school shootings. He tried to sue retailers for carrying violent games. He filed a suit against Sony for allowing certain games on their systems.
I have never heard Sarkeesian advocate censorship or legal involvement. I've never heard her blame a school shooting or any other violence on video games.

They're both looking for easy, quick promotion for themselves.

I would tend to agree. Maybe Sarkeesian actually believes the crap she puts in her videos - who really knows but her? But I'd be lying if I didn't say I believe this little quest of hers is more about her than anything else. As it became readily apparent to many early on in Thompson's crusade that self-promotion and attention grabbing were his primary goals, so it seems with Sarkeesian now. She is loving this; she doesn't care if games ever conform to her warped vision in their portrayal of women - she has the spotlight. This smacks strongly of an ego quest to become a celebrated champion of feminism, and the gullibly complicit media is helping her along like good little tools. When she has milked this particular cow for all it's worth she'll move on.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
128. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 19:56 Prez

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 19:25:

Regardless, as has been shown very often, it's difficult for a woman to get into making games, and difficult for them to stay. This tends to be a factor in why so few women do it. Getting the experience and funding to make your own game is difficult without a track record of making your own game.

There's more to it than that. Programs for exposing girls to computer-based technology careers at a young age have been few and far between up until very recently (My daughter really wanted to take up Google on their offer to teach her to code for free that came about in light of their diversity study findings). Currently according to the Labor Dept. only 20% of software developers cuirrently are women, and likely those are the infrequent females who for whatever reason knew they wanted to code from a young age. Only a small fraction of that already small number would ever consider making games for a living. Young, school-age girls need to be shown what's out there in the computer tech world early in school so more will come to realize this is what they want to do. Once that happens, there will be more women in game development. It's just a matter of time given that almost half of all gamers are female now.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announced
12. Re: Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announced Aug 29, 2014, 19:02 Prez

I still like SR3 the best. Zany wackiness with just enough grounding in reality.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 14:57 Prez

Creston wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 13:47:
Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 13:38:
Also, can we stop with the "cherry picking" argument?

Until she stops doing it, no.

She's doing a series demonstrating patterns and trends that feature tropes. There's literally no way to do this without picking games that feature these tropes.

And what of the games where she demonstrates these 'tropes' and conveniently ignores that you're perfectly free to do the same shit to male NPCs? I can go into a strip club in GTA and shoot up every male NPC inside and never shoot a woman. I can stuff male NPCs in the trunk of a car too. And she never, ever, ever mentions this. she makes it appear as if hookers are the only people you can stuff into fucking trunks in Sleeping Dogs. That hookers are the only ones you can shoot in strip clubs in GTA. That the skimpily dressed girl in New Vegas is the only one you can shoot in the entire city, and then tries to pretend that there's no consequence to shooting her while you see the freaking Karma box pops up that shows that even though you've done a lot of good for the people of New Vegas, they now definitely mistrust you because you murdered an innocent.

How do you not see that that is the very fucking DEFINITION of cherry picking?

Beamer is too smart to not get this. it seems to me that he has a personal stake in this fight which is blinding him to reason however. He also doesn't realize that every time Sarkeesian does this sort of cherry picking - where bad things can or do happen to both sexes but she only highlights it in the case of women she is actually engaging in a soft kind of misandry, and by defending her, Beamer is doing it as well by extention. Why is it only a problem that women are being killed when men are being killed just as often or even more often? I guess it's okay to you that men are killed then, since you don't have an issue with it? Beamer and Sarkeesian hate men!! This is how ridiculous this whole discussion is.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2014, 15:02.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 13:15 Prez

Redmask wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 11:46:
Someone posted this video in the other thread and it totally nails the 'issue', from a woman no less.

This woman is obviously a mysogynist for disagreeing with (and even being angered by) Sarkeesian.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 13:09 Prez

harlock wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 13:07:
we need some videos examining the psychological effects of basing your identity on feelings of RIGHTEOUSNESS!!!! and the implications of that, specifically the intellectual contractions and blind spots inherent within the "us vs them" mentality

people seem to think all this is about games or gamers and so forth.. but its not - its about people and their fucked up monkey minds

its about sad little children that never grew up, who remain stunted in their psyche, and cannot engage with the world around them without a significant overlay of dysfunctional self-absorbed nonsense

I'm scaring myself a bit here, but I'll be damned if I didn't strongly agree with everything you said here!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 08:13 Prez

I know this is the biggest reason I got bored with Call of Duty long before it went multiplayer-centric modern day shooter - the developers weren't creating an interactive experience as much as they were creating a string of movie-like set pieces that played out the exact same way every time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode
17. Re: Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode Aug 28, 2014, 22:32 Prez

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 20:50:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 20:02:
Beamer wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 18:27:
nin wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 18:24:
Why?

Desperation.

If they're desperate, they should add an offline bot mode, or coop vs. bots. That's what we've been asking for. No bots, no sale.

IMO that wouldn't make a difference, perhaps a small pop would pay for it.

Well me and jdreyer would buy it - that's 2 extra sales right there!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Interviews
76. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 28, 2014, 22:22 Prez

Is there anyone NOT sick of this topic yet? The problem is that those of us fighting against the extreme feminism movement within the gaming industry cannot be silent, lest the disingenuous professional victims with their twisted self-serving agendas succeed in stamping out any and all creative expression that doesn't conform to the extreme feminist mandate of portrayal of women.

Does anyone ever stop to wonder why the SJW's are so adamant about attacking sexism in the games industry when the movie industry has all the same tropes that videogames are accused of having, only several of orders of magnitude greater? I have found myself doing that more and more since this latest Zoe Quinn crap. Maybe someone else can offer a suggestion, but the only reasonable explanation I've been able to come up with is the complete lack of journalistic integrity and professionalism in the gaming press. I mean they aren't only complicit in advancing the extreme feminist agenda wherever and whenever they can, they also help to silence legitimate critics of the movement in a myriad of ways. In ways far more effective than just shouting them down with insults and distasteful labels as some in this thread are attempting. In the gaming press, there is no counterpoint, no dissenting opinion. The gaming press IS the point; the press is the ONLY opinion.

Regardless of whether I am close or off by a mile, I think the most important thing for the moderates in gaming (who by their very nature will always be less vocal than the vocal minorities of both extremes of this issue) not let the extreme fringe views of those like Sarkeesian, her willful collaborators in the gaming media, and the "useful idiots" (like Joss Whedon) who unwittingly support aforementioned entities' extremist agenda through ignorance of the facts be the ones who control the narrative on this. We need to be clear - what they want isn't what we want. We want equality in all things, be it race, gender, sexual orientation, whatever. What they want is the control over the expression of ideas where they can stamp out creative endeavors that fail to adhere to their warped, self-serving vision of how the women in games MUST be portrayed exclusively. They are for the very antithesis of freedom of expression. Oh sure, they will try to silence you with the well-worn labeling of their critics. They by necessity exist in a binary reality where if you don't subscribed be to their extremism you are misogynist. If you don't see anything wrong about historically-accurate portrayal of gender roles in games you are sexist. If you point out the many flaws in their cherry-picked, misrepresented examples you are the typical tribal male defending his turf. Don't let them. Call them out on it. They are the fringe; they are the loons, not us.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2014, 22:37.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2014, 21:45 Prez

Whether a few or many, games that don't fit the narrative are ignored because they weaken their extremist cause. Let's say 50% of games have strong women roles. Would that be enough? What about if we reached a point where 75% did? Or 90%? Or 99%? No, as long as even one game exists where even a single solitary woman isn't portrayed exactly the way extreme feminism wants, no, DEMANDS that she be portrayed, the Sarkeesians of the world will continue playing the professional victim. And as long as the spineless and corrupt media remains complicit in helping Sarkeesian stamp out freedom of expression that doesn't suit their wrong-headed agenda it will continue to spread throughout gaming like a cancer. It isn't about equality; it's about the complete suppression of creative ideas that don't fit a narrow, distasteful value system set forth by extreme feminism . I don't want to be a part of an industry like that. Of course I would rather I was able to help force those who would so alter gaming to abandon their twisted crusade before it comes to that.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2014, 21:53.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2014, 19:29 Prez

No. No she didn't. People keep saying she cares little for video games, yet she keeps playing them.

I KNEW you were going to deny, so I took the time to actually find a video that shows that you are wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RQIpwi-K9s

Go to the 15:20 mark. She says exactly what you say she didn't say.
Again, I don't despise her because she is raising uncomfortable challenges to my male dominance. I burned down that strawman a while ago. I despise her because she is a extremist activist lying phony. Her cause -YOUR cause - is fabricated activism and it is poison.

She does not point out patterns - that's patently ridiculous. She cherrypicks, misrepresents, ignores obvious facts that prove she is full of shit, and deceives a good number of misinformed and misguided souls who want simple decent things like women to simply be treated with the respect all humans deserve. And then she has useful tools like yourself claim that anyone who doesn't buy her line of utter bullshit to be mysogynist. That dog doesn't hunt for me, sorry.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2014, 19:37.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2014, 18:49 Prez

But Anita isn't telling male gamers they're shit. It's what they're hearing, but what she's doing is constructive criticism on a media she cares about that repeatedly has the same flaws.

Firstly, you are incorrect. Anita Sarkeesian has publicly admitted that she cares little for videogames. She is doing this in gaming because it's just a ripe young media still in a formative state that she can infest with her poison and make a fundamental change that may be good for her extremist agenda (and her ample ego) but ultimately be for the worse for gamers. Were she to do this in the movie industry she would be soundly trounced and relegated to the psycho pile. And PLEASE spare me the crap about movies being more progressive than videogames on this because it is absolutely not true.

Secondly, if you really believe that all Sarkeesian wants is the occasional strong female lead then why didn't she crawl back under her rock when the new Tomb Raider came out? I came up with a list of games a while back in which (appropriately clothed) women either share equal roles with men or are the lead, and in 5 minutes I had a list that puts the lie to Sarkeesian's bullshit. She is an extremist activist, not some noble crusader trying to ensure equal treatment for all. Try as you like to sell her cause as one of equality, but it clearly isn't, and more and more gamers are learning the truth about her twisted agenda and soundly rejecting it. It is those gamers you are mad at because they don't buy into hers and your activism.

Just to give ONE example - In Borderlands 2 Lilith is the most powerful character in the game, is a strong leader, and *GASP* actually helps the player save Roland after he is captured. A complete modern role reversal. That's ONE example. No, Sarkeesian is a phony, a liar, and an extremist nutjob who cherrypicks examples, GROSSLY misrepresents them, and then tries to garner sympathy for her agenda disguised as a noble cause from misinformed and misguided useful idiots. Anyone who buys into her idiocy and tries to sell it to me is just ignored until they stop talking stupid.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2014, 18:55.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode
3. Re: Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode Aug 28, 2014, 18:28 Prez

So doesn't that make it just "Fall"? Kind of a dumb name for a game...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2014, 18:08 Prez

What is "real sexism?" What is "fake sexism?"

Real Sexism = 1) a woman gamer not being able to play on a server without getting propositioned, harassed,spoken dirty to, etc. without it being solicited 2) a woman game developer getting asked "what are YOU doing making games?!?" or being condescended to because of her gender and so on...

Fake sexism = most anything that comes out of Sarkeesian's piehole, or any of the fabricated controversies by the likes of Zoey Quinn and hypocritical moralizing asshole journalists like at Kotaku, RPS, etc...

What was being done to end real sexism in gaming?

Nothing, because people like you have cried wolf too many times to be listened to when you happen to decry what may be a real case of sexism. Crazy as it may sound, male gamers don't like being told repeatedly they are shit based on the actions of a few immature twits by hypocrites, liars, and misguided white-knights. You know, people like you, who paradoxically judge all male gamers based on the actions of a minority of rude children while telling us liars and phonies like Zoey Quinn don't represent all women in gaming. I'm not really sure I care to explain this to you AGAIN. You obviously are not hearing it or don't accept it. Either way, why do you keep asking if you don't like the answer? I don't have anything against you personally, but if and when the time comes where people like you and Sarkeesian are the majority of the gaming industry, I am indeed going to "move on to other hobbies" as you put it, since gaming will have been well and truly destroyed. Score another one for extremist nutobs, I guess.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2014, 18:22.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2014, 17:21 Prez

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 14:27:
Great write up William and sums up exactly what is wrong with this whole "debate".

Indeed. You summed up everything about this issue perfectly AND gave the shameless, self-serving "SJW's" a good shellacking to boot! (Sorry, just can't help myself!)

Bravo sir!

...The bottom line, though, is that yes, people think that games is a cesspool of misogyny, but it isn't the "SJW"s that have caused this opinion...

No, it indeed isn't. Ignrance is what made this opinion. The SJW's seize on and perpetuate the lie to score nobility points and exacerbate the problem tenfold, all the while destroying the cause of ending real sexism in gaming. Sir William absolutely nailed it.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2014, 18:14.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13065 Comments. 654 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo