Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13123 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Sep 18, 2014, 18:01 Prez

Dan Golding, director of the Freeplay Independent Games Festival in Australia, offers a different view. He wrote in a post on his blog that the hate that some gamers have aimed at Quinn is the result of male gamers fearing they will become irrelevant to gaming culture.

"ARGH! I am afraid of becoming irrelevant to gaming so I am going to hate on women!" said no male gamer ever.

This continues to be the most contrived, baseless, and asinine assertion the social justice phonies make. It's based on nothing other than weak conjecture. Gamers are lashing out against Quinn and Sarkeesian because they are attention-seeking morons. The occasional socially-maladjusted twit making rape comments or death threats means nothing other than that gaming has its share of mouth-breathing retards. This surprises someone?

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2014, 18:08.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spacecom Launches
2. Re: Spacecom Launches Sep 18, 2014, 17:54 Prez

Looks graphically dull as dishwasher. But if it has great strategy gameplay that won't matter.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
35. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 17:49 Prez

Just thought I'd throw in my unbridled enthusiasm for Borderlands the Pre-Sequel to break up all the hate and "meh". I love this series and I can't wait for MOAR BORDERLANDS.

Loved the new trailer - Torque and Hammerlock are hysterical!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 18, 2014, 06:01 Prez

This is so Orwellian it is surreal. Why is this not front page news every single day, with people being called to testify before Congress about abuse of Federal power? There ought to be a criminal investigation - why isn't there?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Evil Within TGS Trailer
18. Re: The Evil Within TGS Trailer Sep 18, 2014, 05:53 Prez

I hate to say this but I think the horror genre is nearly dead.
Every single nightmare creation that could be thought of has probably been put out already. It's kind of like a seen that, done that type of deal.

The best horror affects you on a psychological level, the visual level is secondary. So regardless of how many scary looking baddies there are in the horror genre the real scares come from what gets inside your brain and terrifies you. I'd say that the horror genre has a ways to grow yet; it just needs some new angles from which to attack your comfort zone.

As an aside, I watched the trailer and didn't really see anything that struck me as a spoiler, but admittedly I know nothing about the game's background or story.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
26. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 18, 2014, 05:43 Prez

BadIronTree wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 04:55:
Prez wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 03:47:
Jesus Roberts, enough with the stretch goals; just finish the game. As it is you've allowed so much feature creep the game won't be completed for another 5 years minimum.

LOL the last 10+ millions there is not any big stretch goals
This time we choose what free mod we want for our ships lol

Alright, 4 years.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
51. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 04:02 Prez

I'm way more traditional myself - RMB is saved for alt. attack, zoom, or something else involved with combat. I'm strictly a WASD guy.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Trailer
6. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Trailer Sep 18, 2014, 03:59 Prez

It looks nice - a lot nicer than the original. Lots of people were turned off by the hands off nature of the battles; I kind of liked it myself. It made the strategy of building and outfitting your ships take on immense importance.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Sep 18, 2014, 03:54 Prez

The sight of journalists not only engaging in activism on behalf of their reporting subjects but also discouraging other reporters and editors from covering stories of interest to their readers will be disturbing to many in the industry...

Sadly it's not disturbing to many.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Survivor Mode DLC Plans
7. Re: Alien: Isolation Survivor Mode DLC Plans Sep 18, 2014, 03:48 Prez

I really hate the "season pass" BS. Especially when they are announcing it before the game is even out.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
22. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 18, 2014, 03:47 Prez

Jesus Roberts, enough with the stretch goals; just finish the game. As it is you've allowed so much feature creep the game won't be completed for another 5 years minimum.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Total War: ROME II – Emperor Edition & Free Update Released
4. Re: Total War: ROME II – Emperor Edition & Free Update Released Sep 17, 2014, 02:26 Prez

bhcompy wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 20:51:
So I've heard RTW2 sucks.. anyone have any input?

It doesn't "suck", but it took a step back in some areas from the original Rome TW. I'm waiting for a Darthmod for Rome II which will make it a much better game if the Darthmod for Empire Total War is any indication.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC
12. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC Sep 16, 2014, 15:52 Prez

Very cool. A very successful kickstarter story.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
114. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 16, 2014, 15:50 Prez

Beamer wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 17:44:
Prez wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 17:29:
For the record Cutter said this is one of the most idiotic business moves he has ever seen by a company (paraphrasing), and I am inclined to agree. This is beyond ridiculous - it's just obscenely and surreally absurd. He also made mention of "Ballmer Junior" making the same retarded decisions as his "daddy".

Facebook paid about $32 per active user of Whatsapp, a product with 0 revenue.
Microsoft paid about $50 per active user of Minecraft, a product with significant revenue.

There are a few big differences:
1) One is a messaging platform, and those tend to be longer lived than games
2) The other has a more affluent userbase, meaning it's more willing to invest money

Microsoft claims this deal will pay for itself by the end of 2015. I don't doubt that much. Minecraft made $350 million last year, and from what I understand the bulk of that was made later in the year and came from server rentals. On top of this, Minecraft revenue has grown each year.
And Mojang has made no attempt to monetize.

I know that "monetization" is a dirty word, but frankly, there's so much room here. I installed Minecraft again on Saturday and looked for mods. If you google "minecraft mods" you get dozens of hits, but most of the pages look like they'll install viruses. The programs you have to download have installers that look like viruses, and they download from sites that try to install their own downloader that is almost definitely a virus.

Basically, I'm assuming any casual Minecraft fan has tons of viruses.

But look at Valve. Seriously, look hard at Valve. They are making money hand over fist selling mods for 3 games. They also have free mods for those games. The community is making enormous money selling these mods. I rarely hear loud complaints about these sales, usually people just seem to enjoy it. It's fostered a big community. Hell, I actually know a guy here that worked at a major studio on a major series discussed here regularly that quit his job and moved across the country because he realized he could more than double his income selling DOTA2 stuff.

This would be great for Minecraft. A consolidated storefront with no worry about viruses, making it easier to find and load mods, and still with the majority of things being free, but not everything.
If Minecraft brought in $350 last year, it isn't hard to imagine a mod marketplace similar to the Hat Marketplace could triple that, is it?

We'll see if it's stupid. Frankly, I don't think we'll truly know that it was. Either this is a huge success, or Microsoft fucks it up. But the price wouldn't be stupid if they fuck it up, it's their management.

I get all that, I really do. I guess it's just the number itself - 2.5 BILLION dollars - that just seems surreally absurd to me for a digital boxy sandbox toy. If the brand has legs it may prove to be a sound investment but if it is a fad soon to be on the wane (as I suspect), MS may be screwed.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Borderlands Replaces GameSpy With Steamworks
6. Re: Borderlands Replaces GameSpy With Steamworks Sep 16, 2014, 15:45 Prez

Cool. I love Steam and love Borderlands, so it works for me!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Uncensored L4D2 Released for AU
6. Re: Uncensored L4D2 Released for AU Sep 15, 2014, 18:00 Prez

Well that didn't take long...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
85. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 17:29 Prez

For the record Cutter said this is one of the most idiotic business moves he has ever seen by a company (paraphrasing), and I am inclined to agree. This is beyond ridiculous - it's just obscenely and surreally absurd. He also made mention of "Ballmer Junior" making the same retarded decisions as his "daddy".  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
26. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 13:54 Prez

The absurdity of this is almost more than I can wrap my head around.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
25. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 14, 2014, 00:28 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 23:07:
Sounds like M$ is going to announce their acquisition of Mojang for $2.5B on Monday.

The absurdity of that is almost beyond comprehension.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
22. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 13, 2014, 20:41 Prez

It seems Microsoft will do anything to avoid making actual PC games again. Rather than streaming console games on a PC, I would prefer them releasing some actual PC games. Good ones preferably.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13123 Comments. 657 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo