Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13123 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 21, 2014, 21:45 Prez

So I guess Wasteland 3 is going to be in first person like Fallout 3 was? It better have Liam Neeson that's all I know!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans
40. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 21, 2014, 04:58 Prez

Do you? Where does it say on Steam that Early Access games have to be finished? No really, i want to know

No. How would they define "finished"? DayZ still isn't finished but it has sold a ton. I think in both kickstarter and Early Access the only obligation to "finish" the project is an ethical one. Double Fine "finished" Space Base DF-9 by labeling the last release 1.0. The community by and large disagrees that it is finished, but there isn't anything they can do except not back DF in the future.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2014, 07:51.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Into the Black Sep 21, 2014, 01:30 Prez

Hahahahaha!!!! Newspapers? Hahahahaha!!! Want to charge??! HAHAHAHAHA!!! For ads?!?!!!!!?!!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
74. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2014, 01:23 Prez

...One side thinks the problems are in aggregate. The other side hears about the problems and thinks it means them as individuals...

What side do I fall on when I am against sexism but I don't see "problems" in what Sarkeesian is trying to crusade against? All I see is something that will fix itself on its own as the gaming industry matures.
... In this comparison are you really trying to say that the majority of games are hyperviolent / sexist? And you think people don't have a problem with movies being hyperviolent? There are groups that do but they're not being given any attention by the press industry covering films.

That's exactly how I see it too. Sarkeesian is being given way too much spotlight for making such a poor argument (not even close to the majority of games are violent or sexist). Hence, "Gamergate". It all ties in together.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 20, 2014, 22:51 Prez

Judge OKs serving legal papers via Facebook.

WHAT?!?! Shocked

- Mahatma Gandhi

32. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 20, 2014, 22:37 Prez

Did you read the thread? This game was never on Kickstarter.

Woops. Actually I did in fact read everything; I just made the mistake of mixing up Early Access and Kickstarter. But honestly, if you transplant the words "early access" for "kickstarter", I still think everything I said applies. You are guaranteed NOTHING by buying into an Early Access project, just as in Kickstarter. The biggest difference is that Early Access provides backers with something to actually play instead of just a dream which is all that Kickstarter provides until release.

- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 20, 2014, 22:29 Prez

This is how kickstarter works - contributors are taking a risk, a calculated gamble that the dev will succeed in making the game they pitched in their design doc. The risk is that the game doesn't live up to its vision. Backers need to understand this, and that their only recourse is to be wiser about who they throw their money at in the future. So many people seem to not get this.

EDIT: This is not to say backers don't have a reason to be angry. On the contrary, according to the comparison of what was promnised and what was delivered, it seems they have every right to be pissed. This will end up costing Double Fine a lot more than the contributors in the long run. Their rep is going to take a huge hit over this.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2014, 22:35.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
71. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2014, 22:21 Prez

hat's the biggest issue here. So many morons think Anita calls for censorship. She doesn't, she calls for improvement.

And you are sure if this? Admittedly I often grow nauseated by her nonsensical blathering and miss some of what she says but I can't remember her specifically stating exactly what she is after except in the most ambiguous of terms. How can you know where she will stop in her crusade to browbeat game developers into only making games that conform to her delusional vision of how women should be portrayed exclusively? It certainly doesn't help that the examples she poses as sexism more often than not aren't at all sexist - how can anyone be sure what she wants when she is so off the mark in what she is saying?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
4. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 20, 2014, 21:32 Prez

Longest headline in Bluesnews history?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
32. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 20, 2014, 07:03 Prez

PHJF wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 15:24:
Well I haven't heard any stories yet of Wasteland 2 raping mothers and murdering children, which is pretty much all I need to know before buying it.

You would buy it anyway.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Falling Skies Gold - Release This Month
1. Re: Falling Skies Gold - Release This Month Sep 19, 2014, 22:49 Prez

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2014, 21:46 Prez

I'm going to warez all my games from now on because game companies are greedy. Games are too expensive! And information wants to be free!!!

What? I thought you said it is "Talk Like a Pirate" day???

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 19, 2014, 16:19 Prez

If that's how Acti-Bungie does business then I don't feel sorry for them missing out on their bonus.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 19, 2014, 12:48 Prez

Addressing allegations of “collusion” among gaming journalists - Ars Technica…

The asshat admits he was trying to collude with his gaming press peers to bolster Quinn's career but says everything's okay - no one went along with it. They just don't get it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
19. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 19, 2014, 05:53 Prez

I can't control how other people act. All I can do is behave decently to everyone. I game with a "gaymer" and he is the coolest dude, which is all I require. I am biased against asshats - everyone else is a friend of mine. I really don't have the energy nor the desire to go crusading on the behalf of others though. I feel that by just being decent to everyone regardless of sex, religion, sexual preference, whatever, I am setting an example. If enough of us do that we make the asshats the minority, and hopefully, the outliers. I see it as really that simple.

As far as having a "Hetero White Gamer" convention, I'd say who needs one? Every con already is one. But I equally don't see the reason for LGBT cons either, since they are welcome to every convention since they are gamers. I'm not sure if dividing ourselves further does anything for fostering an overall inclusive mindset in the gaming community.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 19, 2014, 05:33 Prez

Still would pay 60 bucks for updated graphical version of Jedi Knight Outcast or Academy.

Yup.

I would pay $60 for updated graphical version of Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries.

*sigh*

Yup

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2014, 21:33 Prez

Why have a death penalty if it isn't used in a case like this? You won't find many cases where it's more warranted than it is here, save for child abduction/murder cases.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Spacecom Launches
4. Re: Spacecom Launches Sep 18, 2014, 21:32 Prez

Nice! Thanks Jag.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 18, 2014, 21:27 Prez

In this last update, Stephenson says that people who have asked for refunds have received them.

They shouldn't have to ask; refunds should be automatic now that the game that they backed is dead.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 18:11 Prez

. it's possible there may even be discussion of this week's games!

LMAO! My wife beaters can score more points than your child abusers!

- Mahatma Gandhi

13123 Comments. 657 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo