Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12422 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 7, 2013, 20:47 Prez

I already addressed the first point. There is evidence to counter the claim that they knowingly lied to Congress - the Senate Intelligence Commitee is not a court of law (not to mention nothing but a body drive soley by politics, not any search for truth) thus their findings would mean little in any legal case. On point 2, the UN Convention is not legally actionable under US law, so that is an absolute non-issue. Also, from what I have heard it has never even been officially declared by any legal entity as to whether what they were doing in placed like Ahbu Graib and Gitmo legally constitutes torture as defined by the Geneva Convention. So again, a huge clusterfuck with all the partisan DC clowns showboating for the cameras.

Prosecuting Bush and Cheney would only open a huge can of worms, further divide the country, and be a partisan circus in which everyone is a loser, (except for the lawyers - they'll get rich) and Bush and Cheney would never see the inside of a jail cell anyway. It's just a terrible, terrible idea. Do that and you can bet that every future sitting president (starting with Obama) would end up on trial for something. What a nightmare.

EDIT: For the record, I believe that it is likely that they lied to get us into a war they had been wanting for a while, but that isn't the issue. The issue is PROVING it; it just couldn't be done without a huge partisan mess that would only make things worse than they already are.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2013, 21:34.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: RE: Follow up Dec 7, 2013, 19:49 Prez

Seems the date doe not really "live in infamy" as FDR predicted

For most people that's true. For some of us, though, it remains pretty infamous.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 7, 2013, 19:44 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 17:32:
As long as we're bringing up politicians on charges, let's prosecute Bush and Cheney too.

I'm not a fan of either of them but on what charge? And with what demonstrable evidence? If you claim lying about WMD they could eaily refute that by pointing to foreign intelligence from the time that suggested they were there. Obviously the intelligence was suspect but the case against Bush and Cheney would be pretty weak. It would in no way be as clear cut as the lying under oath that Clapper did. The trial would be a partisan farce and completely destructive to a country already in shambles. On the subject of Clapper - he should go to jail; plain and simple.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2013, 20:09.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 7, 2013, 02:54 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 02:25:
Cutter wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 01:31:
60 million to rig over a billion dollars in their favour is cheap anyway you slice it.

True, but Samsung is still kicking their asses.

Just not in the US.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Dec 7, 2013, 02:18 Prez

Prediction: This game is going to be way better than anyone expects!**

**Note: Prez sucks at predictions.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Free XMas music Dec 6, 2013, 21:09 Prez

Well at least they have Jingle Farts  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
37. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2013, 19:56 Prez

Pachter's schtick is that he's a well-paid troll held in fairly high regard in the games industry (just not by gamers). Most everyone, even those who hate trolls, will usually turn an ear to listen to what the troll says. The thing is, Pachter's not even a very good troll. He is predictable and formulaic - like when he trolled PC gamers for being a bunch of filthy pirates who hate DRM solely because they want to steal all of their games. Gee, how original. Now he is predictably trolling Nintendo fans. Yawn.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > New PAYDAY 2 DLC
8. Re: New PAYDAY 2 DLC Dec 6, 2013, 04:05 Prez

I can't believe people are actually paying for masks. Is this going to be the equivalent of hats in Team Fortress 2? I might be interested in the weapons if they actually changed things up considerably, but as others have said they definitely need to to do better with their downloadable content.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII Dec 5, 2013, 22:32 Prez

Wonder if its as bad of a copy over port that the steam ff7 was.

I thought that they fixed it up after it was released (added the music, etc.)?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 5, 2013, 21:28 Prez

Man pays $750 for a piece of paper he thought was an Xbox One.

The auction listing stated it was for a photo of the console, not the system itself. However, Clatworthy said he still expected to receive the Xbox One because the item was listed in the "video games and consoles" category on eBay.

Hahaha! I know it was a dickish thing to do but I can't help laughing. The seller posted a photo of the console and sent the same photo to the winner! That's hysterical!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
20. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 4, 2013, 23:13 Prez

When they start treating Battlefield games like the Madden series with new games every year or so what do they expect? Of course there are going to be bugs - it's not like they are interested in anything other than milking the fan base. A working game isn't really the concern; they just need something out there they can sell map packs and dlc for. It's beyond me why people still fall for this shit.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2013, 23:19.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion
12. Re: The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion Dec 3, 2013, 22:19 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 22:11:
Prez wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 20:06:
This should have been in the original release. What little there existed of space missions was appalling. Then again, if the space combat is as boring and stupid as the land combat it won't be any better than what was there. What a terrible, terrible game. To think they abandoned making Knights of the Old Republic 3 for this abomination. Ugh.

Haven't you heard? Single player is dead. There are too many pirates and no money to be made. Everyone wants all online all the time.

Ha - I know you're being facetious but sadly the people who run things at EA really believe that despite there being plenty of evidence to the contrary.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
50. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 3, 2013, 20:21 Prez

So I got the XCOM expansion last night, and played for about 4 hours. I have amassed some meld but I haven't researched anything that uses it. I'm actually debating playing the game the old fashioned way - no bio enhancements or mechs - against the new enemies (which are awesome btw). I'm on normal difficulty (classic just kicks my ass in the early game) so maybe it's doable. Too bad they didn't balance the need for satellites though - it's still too easy to enter a death spiral with countries withdrawing due to high panic levels, making the chore of satellite management a crucial factor.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion
4. Re: The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter Expansion Dec 3, 2013, 20:06 Prez

This should have been in the original release. What little there existed of space missions was appalling. Then again, if the space combat is as boring and stupid as the land combat it won't be any better than what was there. What a terrible, terrible game. To think they abandoned making Knights of the Old Republic 3 for this abomination. Ugh.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2013, 22:31 Prez

Wetworks wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 19:10:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 18:26:
They understand that MODS increase sales. duh. DLC kills sales and fragments communities. DLC is rarely > MODS.

That's too simplistic a statement, there are certain styles of games that majorly benefits from mods, mostly sandbox style games. In fact, locking down the base game from mods + pumping out dlc and microtransactions is becoming the norm. Games like BF4, Borderlands 2, COD, Sims 3, Crysis 3, etc...

People will happily spend $15 for a map pack that use to be free with mods. Also, there are no mods on consoles so a lot of companies will not even bother to support it on the pc side.

Your point about why DLC is popular is completely valid but I have to agree with Bats - mods >>>>>> dlc. Mods strengthen a game's community; dlc will often splinter it. I'm not against dlc; quite the contrary actually. I have bought hundreds of dollars' worth of it. But if the base game is solid I think great mod tools is a better investment for the publisher in the long run. Battlefield 2 is still being modded and is still hugely popular. Battlefield 3 was largely locked down and will be long forgotten while BF2 will still be going strong.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2013, 22:38.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
62. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 12:42 Prez

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 10:15:
Prez wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 23:48:
Well I created a Play it Forward group in Steam for Holiday 2014. Feel free to join everyone.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/playitforward2014

I basically invited everyone. I'm not sure if that's how BATs wants to do it though. I seem to remember last year you joined after you were gifted a game and then bought one for someone else.

Anyway, get those wishlists up to date, and try to include some less expensive games for those of us who ain't swimmin' in chedda'. (Did I really just say that?!?)

Exactly. I'm in the process of starting a new company so the Bay of Fundy is at low tide so let's cool our jets at least till the winter sale starts.

It's going on throughout the holiday season up until New Years so take your time. No rush.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
53. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2013, 23:48 Prez

Well I created a Play it Forward group in Steam for Holiday 2014. Feel free to join everyone.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/playitforward2014

I basically invited everyone. I'm not sure if that's how BATs wants to do it though. I seem to remember last year you joined after you were gifted a game and then bought one for someone else.

Anyway, get those wishlists up to date, and try to include some less expensive games for those of us who ain't swimmin' in chedda'. (Did I really just say that?!?)

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
56. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 08:23 Prez

Quinn wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 03:22:
State of Decay is very fun to play, but be as it may, the story and characters don't connect with me. I've played it for about 30 minutes so far. Prez, maybe you can tell me... will the story at some point get interesting or is it simply not a game to play for the story, basically?

Story-wise it doesn't seem to break any new ground honestly, relying mostly on well-worn genre tropes. It's decent, but mostly it plays second fiddle to the basic experience of sneaking and smashing zombie skulls.

- Mahatma Gandhi

49. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 02:23 Prez

Yo Prez! What's State of Decay all about? What do you do in that game?

It's Grand Theft Zombie! LOL - it's a 3rd-person open world mission-driven sandbox game about survival in the zombie apocalypse - lots of stealth, lots of melee combat, a decent amount if shooting, some RPG elements, an interesting and varied world to explore... it's all good! Aside from the new XCOM it is my favorite game this year actually - definitely didn't see that coming but I love it! Mouse and keyboard work great AND are rebindable as of the Nov 21st update - sweet!

- Mahatma Gandhi

37. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 20:00 Prez

Sorry that you didn't enjoy it Burrito, but I have to echo everyone else - Sleeping Dogs is a fantastic game.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

12422 Comments. 622 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo