Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12868 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 17, 2014, 21:33 Prez

NKD wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 18:38:
How dare a company fire people! You should have your job until you don't want it anymore or are deemed incompetent! These evil fucks and their changing staffing needs.

I don't think that is what has people miffed. I think itt is more how a company can sound so callous about tossing 18,000 employees and their families out on their asses in a middling job market in a middling economy.

Me, I'm thinking more about the millions upon millions of dollars Balmer got as a bonus when he left for basically screwing up everything he touched royally during his tenure.

You understand it's the corporate communications department, not the executives themselves, writing these messages, and they're doing it heavily under the eye of legal, right?

Why wouldn't he? More importantly does it matter? They are speaking for the company, and these execs are the public face of the company.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because "It Sells"
20. Re: GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because Jul 17, 2014, 08:29 Prez

"We made it easy/it's not that difficult to earn money" + "It sells" = "Our customers are either morons or lazy fucks!"  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2014, 21:40 Prez

Apple laughs at the fines. That's not even half of what they won in that stupid ruling against Samsung.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sims 2 Support Ending
12. Re: Lost Money Jul 16, 2014, 21:34 Prez

Almost 10 years since Sims 2 shipped. That's an exceptionally long run for an EA game.

Verno wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 10:57:
Yeah that's surprisingly generous for EA.

Every time they do something to earn themselves some goodwill (and start NOT being the lead contender for the annual "Worst Company in America" vote) it seems they soon turnaround and do something so vile and stupid that it wipes away goodwill they earned and then some. Waiting to see if they follow the pattern...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Jul 15, 2014, 21:46 Prez

DLC is the reason I don't buy games at release anymore.

Same here. I doubt I wil ever buy a game at release again. To be honest it isn't the ONLY reason (lack of time weighs in as well), but it is probably the biggest one.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2014, 21:41 Prez

Comcast is full of shit. Their employees are trained and encouraged to behave excatly like this guy on the recording. No one would argue like he did against cancellation without being told their job depended on it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 15, 2014, 13:57 Prez

I am parking myself outside of Blue's residence until the Bluephone ships.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
22. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 28, 2014, 15:44 Prez

At first I thought it was an expansion for the recently-released Space Hulk TBS. I bought that on a sale now I need to give it a whirl. I am frothing at the mouth at the idea of a solid WH40K shooter.

BTW, am I the only one who totally dug the Space Marine 3rd Person action game? It seems most around here slagged it pretty hard.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit
9. Re: X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit Jun 28, 2014, 15:41 Prez

Slashman wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 14:27:
And according to this interview, the CEO still doesn't get why people don't like the game and has no intention of really making the big changes needed.

It's like he's saying they made a great game and people just don't get how great it is.

It's kind of like having an ugly baby. It's beautiful to you 'cause it's yours but everyone else is like "EGADS that is one ugly baby!"

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 16:01 Prez

People still debate whether soccer players melodramatically flop around like bad-acting retards? It is so obvious that they do, they make the game utterly unwatchable for me.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble
64. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 26, 2014, 14:18 Prez

It seems like Crytek has been aimlessly meandering without any clear focus or direction for some time now. A couple of counterpoint though- I loved the original Crysis, if only because it looked incredible (not to mention the fact that it wasn't nearly as bad gameplay-wise as everyone says). Farcry was an astounding game; the bad voice acting and cheesy story were not the point - the beautiful island was. A huge, mostly seamless,open world with gorgeous graphics... Nothing like that had ever been done before.

Yerli is an idiot but I would still like to see him get his company's shit together - Crytek makes great tech and good games.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Areal: Spiritual Successor to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
23. Re: Areal: Spiritual Successor to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Jun 25, 2014, 13:44 Prez

50,000 bucks would surely get you a nice title screen. Maybe even some neat menus for changing game settings.

With everything as expensive as it is nowadays, I suspect $50,000 isn't going to cut it when making a living breathing open world like Stalker. I'm not sure you could do it with $500,000.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight
88. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 25, 2014, 10:06 Prez

Hey, Ubisoft earned every bit of scorn they received with the crap they pulled with Silent Hunter 4's and Assassin Creed 2's broken and draconian DRM for sure. That said, they earned back a lot of respect when they started behaving right. Uplay isn't my favorite thing in the world, but it is better than Origin and is mostly unintrusive. Points as well for not behaving like children like EA and still allowing their games to be sold via Steam even though Ubisoft has its own service.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
9. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Jun 25, 2014, 10:01 Prez

Unless it has coop vs. bots (or one helluva singleplayer campaign) I'll just stick with BF2142.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
74. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 18, 2014, 19:31 Prez

I am pretty much indifferent to Derek Smart now despite having alternately admired/despised him throughout his career. So when I comment on the trailer it is without an opinion on the man behind it or his colorful history.

I watched that trailer and was of two minds. The space sections look tasty in their potential - I'll give this game that much at least. But the ground aspects (presumably this game is going to feature fps combat as all of the 300OAD games since Battlecruiser Millenium) look ... horrid. It's not so much the graphics, which look passable in still shots, but the art, such as it is, is as vanilla as you can get and the animation is utterly abysmal. Ship-to-ship combat has always been 3000AD's strong suit - yes, I actually played and enjoyed Universal Combat when I was commanding a cap ship. The problem has always been too many layers of ugly menus to do anything and the tacked-on and woefully substandard ground fps combat. I like complex games, and I'm not a graphics whore, but it seems that a lot of this series' "complexity" is really just shoddy, lazy design. And when graphics and animations are so bad as to be distracting from the already bad ground combat, even a tolerant fellow like myself is pushed to his limits.

If he were here DS would most certainly tell me that I am not his target audience and whenever I hear that I always say "Bullshit". I am the exact audience for this kind of game. But the delivery has to match the vision, which is where his games lose the massive audience he COULD have for such a game. And that's a shame.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 14:40 Prez

You don't see this happening often? And to defend it as "it's a joke," doesn't really mean much when he was still trying to dismiss her. That part wasn't a joke.

I am not even adressing her points, which is essentially being dismissive, not because she is female, but because her arguments have zero merit in my opinion. The examples she uses are moronic and easily refuted. She sucks at making her argument and has nothing of any value to offer, just like the 12 year-old in your example. THAT is why she is being dismissed, be it jokingly or otherwise.

You can't just make a claim and then not only not back it up but present examples that actually serve to contradict the point you were trying to make, even if you may be right. You have to argue your point factually and cogently otherwise you aren't worth listening to. This woman has yet to make an even remotely decent argument as to why videogames are sexist. The only people who I see agreeing with her is people who were already pre-disposed to her line of thinking. Personally I see way less sexism in games than I do in the games industry, but even that is nowhere near as big a problem as it is made out to be by white-knighting attention-starved gaming journalists.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 11:10 Prez

Beamer wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:33:
SS wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:40:
Anita Sarkeesian is one cute little cupcake.

Proving the point.

I have to ask, how exactly? I just don't see how calling a cute girl a "cute little cupcake" in a forum is in any way demeaning, much less misogynist. And please don't answer "that's because you aren't a woman" which is both inherently obvious and a copout.

And the misogynist things people say in respone to stuff like this is largely to simply get a rise out of people like yourself; very few people if any actually mean it. It's called "joking".

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 17, 2014, 21:16 Prez

HBO Go is available on Roku, but I can't watch HBO Go without a subscription to HBO,

Which kinda makes sense...? They really should just allow you to get HBO Go on its own, for the same fee as HBO, and I have no idea why they don't. (Actually, I do. It's because the TV conglomerates force them to, as they know full well that a ton more people would cut the cord if HBO was easily available elsewhere.)

That's the thing though. I am willing to pay HBO 5-10 bucks a month for their programming BY ITSELF and I suspect many others like me are as well. I'm not willing to pay 60-80 bucks a month for a cable subscription just to access it. Amazon Instant video does admittedly make it easy to get the episodes, so I'll concede that point.

My main point is that it should be a entertainment company's main goal to give as few reasons to pirate as possible. Self-entitled shits will always pirate, but making a concerted effort to limit spontaneous piracy ought to be job one for comapnies like HBO; I suspect it would pay off pretty handsomely for them.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Game of Thrones series 4 finale sets new online piracy record Jun 17, 2014, 14:51 Prez

Creston wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 13:41:

You can either subscribe to HBO, which as far as I know is available on literally every single telcom/satellite provider, or you can buy it on DVD/Blu-ray afterward (which is what I do.)

Not sure how much fairer or easier it needs to get? I'm sure there are some countries where it's not being aired, and I have no problem with people in those countries pirating it, but every single jacktard who pirates it in the US is just a cheap motherfucking asshole.

Personally I choose to wait, but honestly I'm not sure how being told that you have to spend 60-80 bucks a month for the minimum cable package containing HBO (because it sure as hell isn't included in basic cable) just to watch one show is either fair or easy. I will never again subscribe to cable or sateliite. HBO Go is available on Roku, but I can't watch HBO Go without a subscription to HBO, which I can't get without paying for a billion other shitty channels I will never ever watch. Fair and easy? Pfft. They are throwing away money - people like me would gladly subscribe to HBO for a reasonable price per month to watch their programming, but they won't do it. Lot's of people pirate instead. They could cut those piracy numbers drastically just by adapting to 21st century content delivery norms.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 10:02 Prez

Rangers got a win! A 3 games to 1 deficit is far from insurmountable, as the Rangers themselves proved against the Pittsburgh. Hell, Los Angeles are only where they are at because they themselves overcame a 3-games-to-none deficit against San Jose. Regardless of what happens the rest of the series, I'm proud of my boys in Blue; they've had a great season.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

12868 Comments. 644 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo