Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12287 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 1, 2013, 12:44 Prez

So far the only really negative review I've seen for Batman has been the Destructoid one. So I guess it's safe to say that it's at least solid if not great.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 1, 2013, 12:00 Prez

I never learned much about the TV technologies, which I guess is due to lack of interest. I watch relatively little TV - I'm strictly a Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu guy with the occasional football game via antenna. But I love my plasma TV's. My oldest is three and a half years and it still has a great picture.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
828. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 11:04 Prez

Because Prez, if you suggest culture change, automatically out comes the "you're racist!" card. Want to know the reason blacks have such a hard time being productive? It's simple, the majority have no sense of a family unit or a structured environment, women popping out kids with multiple fathers, often no father figures, drug abuse, etc.

Your making the uncomfortable mistake of equating "poor" with "black". I lived in a depressed area in cetral Pennsylvania where 46% of people living there were on public assistance of some kind. And every last one of them was white - virtually the entire community of some 12000 people was white. Poverty knows no race. It would be folly to pretend that poverty doesn't affect a large portion of the African American community, but it is not the black culture in my opinion that leads to poverty; otherwise 100% of blacks would be poor. Poverty is a culture unto itself, wherein the attitude is defeatist acceptance that there is no way out and personal dignity is slowly stripped away.

824. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 10:45 Prez

No, not even close. Today's poor ghettos are NOTHING like what life was like back then. The crime is still shit (although nowhere near as bad), but they actually have electricity, clean water, sanitation. Hell, we live in a country where the poor own Playstations and cell phones. It's practically impossible to starve to death. Our poor are like the middle class for most of the world. But keep on exaggerating reality to justify reaching for that liberal utopia you will never see.

He really isn't incorrect. Yes the poor in America have it better than the poor in almost every other country, but he was talking the income gap. Yes, the standard of living has improved for the poor, but at the same time the rich (who I have nothing against, believe me - hell I wish I was one of the "evil rich"! ) have seen their incomes and wealth skyrocket, meaning the gap remains equally as large.

If you are so upset about the "wealth disparity" maybe you should donate some of your vast wealth you claimed to have. What about those 14 combined poor guys you claim to make more than? Be charitable or shut up. Do you even know any poor people? Have you ever spent 1 hour of your life in a soup kitchen? Have you ever donated to a food bank? Do you do anything unlike the typical liberal talking about the poor without acting?

I'm confused as to why empathizing with the poor who need help (not talking about the ones who do nothing to help themselves here) and looking for societal solutions to do so somehow means one should feel obligated to give up his own wealth to do so. Especially when the scale of the problem is such that one person donating everything he or she has but the shirt on their back won't make a dent in the problem. Donating your time at a shelter or soup kitchen is indeed a worthy and noble effort, but by itself will not fix the root causes for the widespread poverty in some places. Not everyone who lives under the poverty line is a deadbeat loser who wants to leech off of society while getting fat on twinkies and ribeyes paid for with welfare money.

Personally I think the answer lies more in education and cultural change rather than "robbing the rich to give to the poor" but even so things like that will take time and money. I don't think it's okay to just say that they should either suck it up and except their lot in life or figure it all out on their own, because chances are they won't. Believe me, I'm with you - for the healthy ones with stong backs or sound minds, most of the heavy lifting in the pursuit of their better life has to come from themselves. But helping them along the way to make sure they have the opportunities should not be considered a waste of money or turning the country into a nanny state - it ought to be considered how a decent civilized community operates.

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2013, 10:50.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 1, 2013, 10:14 Prez

Why would anyone get worked up over the console wars unless they worked for Sony or Microsoft?  

806. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 22:59 Prez

Research Log: Oct 31, 2013 15:46
Subject was observed flinging his own poo again.

LOL! Okay, I know it is a bit troll-ish, but it IS pretty funny.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Turns 5
78. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 31, 2013, 21:32 Prez

It's still mind boggling to me that someone would spend so much time writing detailed critiques (in walls of text no less) about the logic of a story in a game they hated. And then get all worked up in a tizzy that someone has the nerve to actually not be so friggin anal and enjoy it for what it is despite its problems. Maybe try a little perspective? And some medication...  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns for Linux Released
10. Re: Shadowrun Returns for Linux Released Oct 31, 2013, 15:53 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 13:56:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 13:50:
Hmm, Steam still only shows Windows and Apple on the sales page.

To paraphrase Ian McKellen as Gandalf, "Steam is never early, and arrives precisely when it intends to."

LOL!

Cool to see more and more games get on Linux. It brings my eventual farewell to Microsoft a little bit closer every time!

News Comments > Blackwell Deception Free
12. Re: Blackwell Deception Free Oct 31, 2013, 15:43 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 13:07:
Raven wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:27:
FYI, if you "bought" the game early, Steam has already revoked all the extra games that were given out besides Deception.

I'd rather that happen than the devs getting screwed.

Really. A good deed ought not be the reason they lose tons of money.

780. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 15:30 Prez

D-Rock wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 15:02:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:58:
LOL never fails, never said that, in fact a few posts ago, I mention that not all welfare or assistance is bad, keep grasping for straws and putting words in people's mouths to try to invalidate them. That tactic has worked so well for you so far.

I have a theory on that. He's an asshole. Major asshole. Simple as that.

Okay, RT and D-Rock, what exactly is your purpose in continuing this thread then? If the people who are debating you are "assholes", "brain-dead liberals", "typical bleeding heart hypocrites", "delusional liberal shills" ,etc, etc, etc, then why even bother? And please don't say because it is amusing. That's the go-to excuse for everyone to just beat a dead horse on the internet. I'm sure there are better things for you to do if all you were looking for was amusement.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Turns 5
74. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 31, 2013, 15:11 Prez

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:41:
Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 19:51:
So, so true. Elitists are sad.

What's even more sad is grown men who don't see a problem with liking things that are clearly juvenile. Frankly, the complete lack of critical faculties, and the complete embrace of stupidity as being par for the course, are the reasons why the non-gaming world thinks gamers look more than a bit foolish when they start talking about how their sub-moronic hobby is art. Gaming, for the most part, is no more intelligent than a summer action movie, and it's gamers steadfast refusal to be critical of stupidity that keeps it there.

"But that's like, your opinion, man."

Wow, look at all the shits I'm not giving about your snobbish, elitist, obnoxious opinion! Laugh2 As if I actually need your permission to enjoy something or need your approval before I admit to enjoying something. Jesus you are full of yourself!

Likewise, I think it's very telling that no one is really trying to dispute the arguments made by Shihonage or myself.
No one is countering your idiotic ranting about your opinions about our opinions because it is ridiculous. Talk about childish - you actually want someone to reply with their opinion on your opinion of our opinions. That's rich! Giggle

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2013, 15:17.

760. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 14:01 Prez

So far your posts are carefully worded so as to not to have an opinion on anything, especially the disaster that is Obamacare.

Maybe because I'm waiting until I see how it turns out before I label it anything? The launch and how it ends up in the long run are not one and the same.

If things are so bad for you and you don't want government handouts ask Beamer to help you out. I'm sure he's very charitable with his money.

Gee, that's classy.

759. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 13:59 Prez

Is it fair to assume the c-suite pay has probably skyrocketed, as in exponential growth? A reward for "lean manufacturing?"

As of this year we are now a wholly owned subsidiary of Georgia Pacific. Which of course is one of the largest organizations in - wait for it - Koch Industries. Even before that, our company's corporate bonuses alone were higher than the salaries of the twenty highest-paid hourly workers combined. One of the bonuses would have kept every single employee who was laid off in the year (even while we were making record profits) on board for the entire year. If these were even remotely isolated incidents, I'd go work somewhere else. But this is so common that I hear similar stories from virtually every single person I know who works.

755. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 12:52 Prez

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:47:

If you believe the government is going to fix any or all of your problems you are extremely naive.

What makes you think I want the government to fix my problems? Or that anyone else in a similar situation does? That you would even suggest that I might is a little insulting. That wasn't even the discussion. The topic was how hard work does not always equate to success. Or a better life. My point was that often the best thing working harder does for you is maintain the status quo, and I can't even manage that when I'm falling further behind every year.

752. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 12:39 Prez

... I don't know about you but I get raises based on performance reviews, in a municipal job of all places. Maybe you just get raises just because you're a special snowflake, but I don't think the real world generally follows that model.

You might be surprised with the manufacturing industry in the US today. Raises have virtually nothing to do with performance. In 13 years the only raises I've gotten have been cost of living increases (that never even match inflation) and a single one I got when I was promoted to senior electrican. I am working my ass off nowadays - more than I ever have in the past because while the workload steadily increases year-on-year we have the fewest laborers in my company's 94 year history thanks to "Lean Manufacturing". And with the huge increases in health care costs, deductibles, pharmacy plans (all prior to the ACA mind you) and just the general cost of living it feels like I make less money every year. So how exactly is my hard work being rewarded? Am I not working hard enough when I work 10 to 12 hour days, often with stretches of 2 and 3 weeks without a day off? I know get a better job, right? Except that there are no better jobs in my area. Despite all of the aforementioned issues people trying their damndest to come work at my company as it has the best pay and benefits in the area. Oh, I should just move to a better area? Okay, and take a $30,000 loss on my house since it never recovered its value after the housing market crashed, right?

Like I said, real life doesn't fit neatly into your scheme of one-line cliche solutions like "work hard to get ahead" and "make a better life for yourself". It is way more complex than that. Are there lazy good-for-nothing leeches on society who do nothing but live off of society? Yep. But most people who end up needing help because they can't do enough on their own to "make a better life" fall into a different category than that.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2013, 12:48.

743. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 11:52 Prez

Over simplified my ass, either you go and make a life for yourself or you don't. There's nothing over simplified about it, is it easy? No, and no one ever said it was, but people make choices in life, what they decide to do with those choices is up to them. I'm sorry if I don't bleed for those who refuse to make a life for themselves.

I don't owe those who don't, anything, neither do you, neither does beamer or anyone else for that matter.

I really have to say I'm glad I don't live in the country you envision. So when something bad happens to good people, something through no fault of their own (like being laid off from their job because of downsizing in a bad economy, or maxing out their health insurance and being dropped because their wife has breast cancer) your answer is actually "just go make a life for yourself - work harder!"??? Bad things happen to good people, and it isn't evil or a crime for them to let society help them get back on their feet and yes, you are grossly over-simplifying things.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 31, 2013, 11:43 Prez

Creston wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:13:
So, no USB key support? So if your internet connection is slow as fuck, as mine is, you can't download the latest update somewhere, put it on a USB key, and update the PS4's firmware that way?

THAT.FUCKING.SUCKS.SONY.

Nuthin' to see here, carry on!

No take-backs on the internet!!

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2013, 10:14 Prez

She might be one of the most powerful as she indeed is in a high position, but after how she was front and center while EA was busy destroying yet another once-great series she also might be one of the most reviled.  

News Comments > Unofficial Deadly Premonition Patch Adds Higher Resolutions
1. Re: Unofficial Deadly Premonition Patch Adds Higher Resolutions Oct 31, 2013, 10:11 Prez

Haven't really taken a look at this game yet. Anyone played it yet?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2013, 10:08 Prez

Gratz Red Sox! Ortiz is just a monster. He put up some incredible numbers.  

12287 Comments. 615 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo