Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12425 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Dec 22, 2013, 04:09 Prez

Wings Over Flanders Fields on Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Wow. I've been playing the WOFF mod for about 3 years now. I had no idea it was going commercial! Absolutely wonderful WW1 flight sim. Red Baron fans need to get this one. (CFS3 can be had on ebay or *ahem* shared on the net).

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
29. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 03:06 Prez

Flatline wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:49:
J wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 18:20:
With regards to The Wolf Among Us, did all the chapters come bundled with the PC version, or is it in installments? And if it's the latter, have they come out yet?

Okay, the website (pays to look, doesn't it?) says only the first installment has been released. I don't fancy buying the game and then waiting for the rest of it.

Yeah. The first episode hooked me pretty instantly... back in October when I picked it up. There has been like zero mention of when Episode 2 is going to be out. The last Telltale mentioned was that we'd hear word of the release date after Christmas. I guess they wanted to launch Walking Dead season 2 first.

It's frustrating.

Yeah - I hate "start-and-stop gaming". That is why I am waiting for the full season before I buy it. Same with Season 2 of Walking Dead. I played Season 1 of Walking Dead in a 2-day-period and that's how I plan on playing Season 2 and Wolf Among Us. I watch a TV series the same way.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 20, 2013, 06:29 Prez

Google's Location History Browser Is A Minute-By-Minute Map Of Your Life.

I signed in and checked my location data. It said:
You have no location history from November 21, 2013 to December 20, 2013

Woohoo! I'm off the grid motherfuckers! Grin

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
86. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 20, 2013, 02:09 Prez

Verno wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 09:04:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 17:04:
I disagree. Read my previous comments. It'll raise costs, lower innovation and affect negatively good products. The right thing to do is to not buy the bad games... This will have the result you hope for.

I've read your comments and feel that they're incorrectly applied here. This isn't a class action from owners of the game suing EA, this is shareholders suing EA who mislead them about the state of the game prior to release. At the worst this will lead to product delays to ensure products meet some sort of reliability standard before shipping which I can live with. As a consumer I don't care about costs, EA is already passing those costs onto us through revenue tools like DLC and microtransactions anyway. This is not going to lead to some sort of development cost apocalypse, BF4 was a very broken product on several platforms and a special case if I've seen one.

Is this the first time something like this has happened in the game industry? I am trying to think of another instance but I can't remember another where a class-action suit was filed against a company by its shareholders. Anyway it couldn't have happened to a better company. EA sucks.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2013, 00:18 Prez

Former CIA chief: Snowden should be “hanged by the neck until dead”.

I can't believe I just read that.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Thief Trailer
13. Re: Thief Trailer Dec 19, 2013, 05:17 Prez

I really appreciate the mood Eidos is going for here, and I for one am extremely excited by what I've seen so far. I think sometimes diehard fans of certain properties may be way too quick to dismiss a new iteration without giving it a fair shake. While Thief 2 is on my short list of best games I've ever played, I still think this is looking swell and am optimistically looking forward to seeing how it turns out.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Op Ed Dec 18, 2013, 10:42 Prez

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 22:59:
As if any of you will escape your doom!? lol With that said, keep voting left and you will have to have permission to play games. NFA for the lose!

Uh... erm... what?! That post makes Hellbinder sound rational.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained
5. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained Dec 18, 2013, 10:39 Prez

Trying to censor a Southpark game seems kinda pointless. After a while all the game would consist of is a title screen and closing credits!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
105. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 18, 2013, 10:36 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 10:20:
Verno wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 10:05:
He's right though, you do seem to have an absurd hateboner for this game. I don't get the urgency either, if they rush it's just going to be a shitshow and everyone will say RAHHHH TOLD U SO. A delay is perfectly reasonable in the context and this stuff happens in the industry all the time, this isn't the 10th delay or something silly. For the record I have $0.00 invested in this game before someone says I'm trying to excuse Chris Roberts and co.
but but but he is just hating on it because he wants the game to succeed!!!

Ahh, I get it. The "negative reinforcement" motivational technique! Or would that be de-motivational?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
92. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 18, 2013, 00:55 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 10:38:
not sure why you guys throw stones at them the first time they delay something.

I think that it's because the epic implosion of something so huge with so much money and such a big name involved would make for great reading, kind of like the soap opera that was "38 Studios", so they are hoping for failure.

Seriously though, I have my doubts about this game myself but I remain cautiously optimistic. It's not Chris Roberts' first rodeo; the man has delivered epic gaming experiences in the past. Aside from hoping this project will work out because I would love an epic space sim, I don't think the implications for future kickstarter projects will be good at all if this fails, so that gives me another reason to root for its success.

EDIT: And I think Blue is right; the way the say they are progressing faster and are delaying the earliest module in the same post is a bit jarring. While both are separate and unrelated, including both in the same post creates a bit of irony at least.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2013, 01:01.

- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Into the Black Dec 17, 2013, 21:42 Prez

The World Finally Ends for Infamous Doomsday Preacher Harold Camping

Good riddance to a shameless charlatan.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DayZ Early Access
51. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 17, 2013, 00:32 Prez

DangerDog wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 00:19:
I don't feel sorry for anyone who buys this, Valve shouldn't issue any refunds, period.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think people would want refunds? Is there something they are not being clear about on their store page?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
40. Re: On Sale Dec 17, 2013, 00:31 Prez

20 newest releases? Hell, Steam can get that many new titles in 3 days time. I watch the new release list religiously because I'm a total Steam whore so I should know. The new releases listing goes in bunches of ten up to 100 and even the hundredth game on that list only released 5 weeks ago. That's an average of 20 new games a week, so if you are looking only at the newest 20 you aren't getting a representative sample. Hell, even if you look at the top 100 you aren't getting much of a sample.

On a side note, Revelations didn't even have to go through Greenlight for whatever reason.

Really? Then I'd love to know what kind of standard Valve has for which games they allow themselves and which they leave up to the community because that game is ass, and far worse than many titles that Steam flat-out said "no" to prior to Greenlight.

- Mahatma Gandhi

49. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 17, 2013, 00:17 Prez

Two reasons that wouldn't fly. The available server(s) would likely be overloaded into uselessness with no purchasing barrier in place and I doubt Valve would be willing to foot the bandwidth bill for those free client distros w/o receiving compensation.

Well Valve allows free Demo downloads, and some of them are quite large. Not to mention people are downloading free 2 play games off of Steam now. And bandwidth? Surely it wouldn't be any worse than on Steam sale days when Steam just quits working for stretches of time because it's massively overloaded.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2013, 22:27 Prez

Asmo wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 22:19:
I can mention them both in one sentence...

"If they did a movie mashup of The Godfather and The Mask, it would still be more coherent and suck less than Avatar"

Okay, you got me!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
20. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2013, 22:25 Prez

And a Federal judge rules today based on a preliminary cursory review that the spying program is "probably unconstitutional". He or some other Federal judge needs to take it further and put the Patriot Act under the same microscope. It is what opened this whole can of worms to begin with. It's also really the only reason people aren't frickin' going to jail for the rest of their lives and Obama isn't getting impeached right now over this unbelievable, blatantly unconstitutional over-reach of governmental power. We actually have a law that gives free reign to the Federal Government to violate the Constitution in the name of "security". I've never been more ashamed to say I am American than I am right now.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2013, 22:34.

- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2013, 22:10 Prez

Actually Avatar was a fine film for a big budget summer blockbuster, which are usually high on star power, style, and whizbang effects while low on plot, meaningful dialogue, and depth. But unless they remove the silly generalizing stereotypes, make the characters WAY more deep and interesting, actually write their own plot instead of "borrowing" from "Dances With Wolves" and "The Last Samurai", and actually write dialogue at higher than a 6th grade level, it is simply not fathomable that any Avatar movie could even be mentioned in the same sentence as "The Godfather". Sorry James, but that's just the way it is.

SlimRam wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 20:31:
Well I can see the obvious comparisons between the two films. I mean....well...both movies...had...uh...well...characters...um...doing things on film.

And there you go, plain as day

LMAO! That is great.

Quboid wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 20:22:

The plot was 1 dimensional, the characters were 1 dimensional and the dialogue was 1 dimensional. That makes it a 3D movie, right?

ROFLMAO!!! You guys are killing me! Lol_dies

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2013, 22:15.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Previews
28. Re: Morning Previews Dec 16, 2013, 22:04 Prez

Seriously though, this is not a valid excuse. They should get the fundamentals right first. An engaging, varied and interesting in-depth TB combat system should have been a priority. If you have to, then make the game world smaller. Remove some of the filler. Scale down on some parts. But you MUST get the basics right.

The combat system can be tweaked based on player feedback though. That is exactly what a beta is for, isn't it? From what I'm reading it isn't horrible; it just needs some work.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
38. Re: On Sale Dec 16, 2013, 21:49 Prez

You can't assume that just because you have no interest in a game, nobody else does either.

Well gee thanks! I am not stupid you know. Dunce (Or maybe I am, just a little, but I don't stoop to making idiotic assumptions like the one you suggested - that's just insulting). But I vote shitty looking games down since that's is the way the service was intended by Valve from the beginning. I can't help it if someone else gets their panties in a twist about it. If more people did this it's possible we wouldn't see the torrent of samey, unexciting, and often just plain terrible games being dumped on Steam like we are right now. I would think any fan of quality games would agree; wading through tons of crap makes finding the quality games (platformers too) a chore. Even though I came in bitching about sidescrollers, I hate the torrent of craptastic F2P MMO's that is currently flooding Steam too. And even though I love FPS's and other types of first-person games, how in the hell did Revelations 2012 and Garry's Incident get on there? The universal consensus is that they are utter crap. Either people are up-voting EVERYTHING, or Valve is being disingenuous with Greenlight.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2013, 21:56.

- Mahatma Gandhi

42. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 16, 2013, 21:37 Prez

A Rogue-like where ganking newbs is the raison d'etre? Count me out!

On the subject of early access, I hear what the naysayers are saying but personally I think it's a great thing. What would make it even better though is if the first 24 hours were free, so you could decide if the game is in a state you are willing to pay for now or would rather hold off until release (or just avoid it completely, if you decide it's not for you).

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2013, 22:16.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12425 Comments. 622 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo