Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13123 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced Oct 9, 2014, 08:15 Prez

That was an even faster turnaround than usual between apology and announcement for DICE!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
32. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 9, 2014, 08:13 Prez

Great game. Definitely worth putting up with Origin for.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
38. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 17:22 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 17:20:
007Bistromath wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:04:

PS: MAKE 2143 YOU STUPID ASSHOLES

I would get excited for this except that I know there will be no offline or coop mode vs. bots.

Same. With DICE locking out the modding community there's no hope for modders fixing that egregious oversight.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 8, 2014, 17:20 Prez

Comcast is THE worst, no doubt. However, I can't see a company firing an employee just because another company calls and complains that said employee isn't paying his bill. But then again maybe I am missing something. Or maybe I am underestimating just how vile corporate America really is.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 17:13 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 16:53:
Launch issues with Battlefield 4 "absolutely" damaged gamers' ability to trust DICE "to deliver a stable launch or a stable game,"

And so did launch issues with BF3, yet they still sold millions of copies of BF4, so I'm wondering what lesson they learned.

It's not really necessary for them to take away a lesson from any of this because there will never be any consequence. Multiple times DICE has shipped a buggy mess and not only is the game a financial success, but consumers continue to buy future releases in droves despite their reputation for shipping buggy messes! Short of professional pride there isn't any reason for them to change a thing that they are doing. I hate it but there it is.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
39. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2014, 12:25 Prez

I follow it because it's interesting to me on some level. Someone being angry at me over the Internet doesn't bother me, because it's the Internet. You call me 'worse than ISIS' and I know immediately you're not going to argue in good faith.

In fairness though people in the gaming media are more than just some guy on the internet. They have the eyes and ears of potentially hundreds of thousands of people. And in some circles, their opinions can carry serious weight. They ought to be more responsible.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
19. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 10:33 Prez

On the subject of Elite Dangerous, will I be able to play singleplayer, or at least host my own private server?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
40. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 10:31 Prez

Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 08:50:
Xero wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 07:59:
After watching a good 20 minutes or so from an hour long gameplay w/commentary video that IGN had posted, I was able to see this myself rather quickly. It looked highly repetitive of go here, kill him, choose a new target, go kill him, etc. I know there is a lot of fluff in between but that's the idea.

There's really not a lot of fluff in between. It's basically just... killing Uruks and collecting meaningless shite.

I truly think a lot of enthousiasts today will look at this game in retrospect later and think "Blegh, it actually sucked.". I have enough respect for the PC gamer to believe this.

The funny thing is that while I know you are right, this is the mark of my favorite type of game. I just gone done with a 30 hour playthrough of Batman-Origins, and the lion's share of that time was in repetitive fist fights I just couldn't get enough of and collecting those stupid little green boxes with the cell phone markers on the map. Why? I have no effin' clue, but I was so engaged while doing it and didn't ever stop to ask myself the simple question 'Why?'. So I guess I like wasting my time, but I am a proponent of the saying "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time". So I really want Shadows of Mordor in spite of what you say. I know I'll love it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 10:17 Prez

...I am actually surprised that they did remember to change BF4 from BF3 in the copy and paste apology statement.

Okay that was funny!

I had zero issues with the BF4 launch.

But maybe that's because I refuse to use Origin and thus never tried to play it. Still, no issues.

So was that!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
36. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2014, 10:04 Prez

@ TheVocalMinority - That was a good read. Kudos.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 10:01 Prez

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:00:
Haha CitizenCon, the only place in the world with more wet fangurl panties than a Justin Bieber concert!

HAHA! See what I mean? I LOVE it!

- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 09:58 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 09:22:
I think Blue should only report every 10 million increase because otherwise we'll have SC updates every second day.

Well who can blame him - they make great reads! I love the snide but clever comments that the daily Star Citizen thread brings with it. A SC post just seems to bring out the best in the Bluesnews community.

- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 09:55 Prez

How many times has DICE said this sort of thing with a buggy release? It seems they keep doing it regardless.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: etc., etc. Oct 8, 2014, 08:30 Prez

Julio wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 21:05:
Redmask wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 20:51:
Watch Anita Sarkeesian

Hahaha not fucking likely.

Nice. Her 15 minutes are up.

I want to watch just to see if it is actual slander she is "facing down" or just the social justice warrior definition of "slander", i.e. proving her wrong with, you know, actual facts. But I just can't - seeing her will just ruin my day, as will reading the spin by whatever corrupt activist media outlet is championing her bullshit this time.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
34. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 8, 2014, 08:13 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 22:32:
Prez wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 16:11:
I highly doubt I would notice the difference between 900p and 1080p on a TV, but I am pretty sure I would notice the difference between 60 and 30fps.

It's funny, but I'm the opposite. I don't really notice lower frame rates as much as lower resolution.

Maybe it's a difference in the way our brains process stuff? I am one of those people who can't watch 3D because I get a headache and eye strain trying to process it. The majority of people have no issue with it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
37. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 08:07 Prez

This is the problem with media. Everyone is so desperate to be "first" (or at least not "late"), that being correct is often relegated to an ancillary concern. Is putting out your review the same time as 20 other publications/websites a week before a game's release somehow advantageous as compared to putting out a review a week after its release? I just don't see it as such. Yet you hear stuff about this crap all the time. Of course, you never really know who (if anyone) is succumbing to the pressure to alter their content and get the "scoop" - the same scoop that 20 other outlets are getting at the same time. That's a big reason why the media outlets I prefer are the ones who are never in the initial batch of reviews for new releases.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Oct 7, 2014, 16:50 Prez

It’s time for video game journalists to engage with #GamerGate, however difficult that may be. Even if this hashtag fades into oblivion, the mistrust and toxicity between game writers and their readers will persist. And that’s not healthy for this industry.

Actually it's only unhealthy for the gaming press. It doesn't really affect the industry, and it doesn't hurt gamers. Let them continue to be toxic towards their audience; it will just mean their end that much sooner. As far as the rest of the discussion, yeah I'm burnt out. I can only refute the continuing fallacies and point out the obvious misdirections of social justice warriors so many times before I get worn down. But any way you slice it Leigh Alexander is a worthless sack of shit.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2014, 16:11 Prez

I highly doubt I would notice the difference between 900p and 1080p on a TV, but I am pretty sure I would notice the difference between 60 and 30fps.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 12:20 Prez

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 10:39:
Sorry but wireless mice are not really mice.

Yeah - how could it be a mouse without a tail?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation
10. Re: DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation Oct 7, 2014, 12:14 Prez

It didn't help their cause that their servers are so unreliable. I spent 4 hours building rocket engines on a small moon to use it as a giant intergalactic planet-crushing missile only to have the server die and disconnect me about a cunt hair before impact. It was soul crushing!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13123 Comments. 657 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo