Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12620 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
145. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 18:24 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 15:23:
NamecaF wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 09:40:
This cant be true, can it? I mean the ludicrous hypocrisy and double-standards if true is just utterly amazing.

After publicly spitting the dummy and shaming and calling a boycott on Oculus Rift for "selling out" after being acquired by Facebook, to then turn around sell out yourself (to Microsoft of all companies!) is just too hilarious to be true.

All it shows is that everyone has their price.

For 2 beeellion dollars (yes I did the pinky to mouth thing) I would ... *ahem*... "service" you every day for a month. So yeah, everyone definitely has their price!!! Happy2

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

86. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 15:01 Prez

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:43:
Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:39:
Is there anyone in the world besides maybe the Pope and the Dhali Lama who would say no to 2 billion dollars?

The Pope, seriously? He'd sell out for fifteen bucks.

I'm not Catholic (or at all religious) but I really like this current Pope. Not that it has any bearing whatsoever on the thread, but whatever.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

79. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 14:39 Prez

Is there anyone in the world besides maybe the Pope and the Dhali Lama who would say no to 2 billion dollars?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
52. Re: Op Ed Sep 10, 2014, 04:11 Prez

I really can appreciate what Moreluckthanskill and Dimitri are saying about avoiding engaging what amounts to meaningless claptrap from nobodies, and what Beamer is pointing out about the folly of attributing the words of extremist individuals to an entire community (even if his application of said principle has been a bit one-sided at times ). It's good to have someone remind everyone to maintain some perspective in things like this.

Maybe I am a tinfoil hat-wearing paraoid freak for fearing that if the SJW's get their way, only games that have the princess (properly clothed from ankle to neck, college degree and corporate executive career in hand of course) saving Mario, the weak-minded, sex-starved neandrathal alpha male from the evil cluthces of Bowser and Boom-boom will be made by developors for fear of reprisal by the activists and the complicit cow-towing media. Or maybe not so much. These days big corporations are often go to some alarming extremes in avoiding upsettign the politically correct police for fear of boycotts and other movements by extremist loons and their lemmings - why should we assume that game developers and publishers are somehow immune to this? It's easy to say they'll follow the money, since that's almost certainly true, but what happens when the voice of the activist vocal minority drowns out the silent majority enough (with the help of the shamelessly complicit gaming press) for them to believe that only by appeasing the whiners and complainers can they make the most money? Given how irrationally and illogically one-sided Sarkeesian's wrong-headed videos have been to this point, it's hard for me to believe that she'll be satisfied with only a certain percentage of games meeting her own personal standard of female portrayal. I suspect as long as there is one game out there that doesn't conform to her personal feminist standard, her crusade will continue. I further suspect that in the wake of "gamergate" (I know, I know...) the white-knighting press will only double down in effort to help her advance her personal agenda as they have shamelessly done to this point. I could be wrong (as usual), but the fear that I may not be is what makes it really hard for me to follow the advice of the level-headed people here and leave the extremist agenda of the SJW's go unchallenged.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2014, 04:18.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation
18. Re: Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation Sep 9, 2014, 23:33 Prez

I have a few concerns but mostly this looks very exciting to me.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Sep 9, 2014, 23:31 Prez

Love that Indie Bundle - I don't have any of those games yet!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Next Total War Reveal This Month
11. Re: Next Total War Reveal This Month Sep 9, 2014, 23:24 Prez

China in a "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" style woud be awesome. I would equally enjoy a fantasy style Total War similar to the King Arthur series. Trolls, magic, and massive armies? I am SO there!

1.Functional and robust AI. Specifically during both offensive and defensive sieges. If it doesn't work, don't ship until it does

2. Functional and robust save game continuity. In other words, the AI remembers what its plans were upon any reload.

These two are especially important I think. Building good AI for a game with the huge scope of the Total War series must be a herculean task, but it is absolutely essential nonetheless for compelling gameplay.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 16:46 Prez

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 16:28:
Prez wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 13:36:
The ironic thing is that I kinda do feel sympathy for her that she went ahead and married the guy anyway. Putting money above her own safety is a clear sign of a mental disorder that she needs professional help for.
Typical behavior for an abused person. The fact that she got up in a press conference apologized for her "role" in the incident speaks volumes. Odds are Rice has systematically abused her for as long as they've known each other. *shrug* Yeah, I'm libeling him -- anyone want to bet on it?

Yeah, that crap about blaming the media for her husband losing his job is just cringe-worthy. He lost his job because he punched your lights out lady!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 13:41 Prez

PHJF wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 11:57:
In that way, it perfectly fits "gamergate," which in the grand scheme, is extremely trivial, but matters to the people it matters to (duh.)

I don't know to whom it matters. I'm as hardcore a "gamer" as any and I really could not care less about ANY of this shit. I've always known reviews could only be taken with a grain of salt, and somebody somewhere has always found video games offensive. Maybe so many people are talking about it because games have been shit lately and they're all as bored as I am.

LOL! Actually I think it's kind of a big deal only because if someone doesn't push back against activism and corruption in a worst case scenario we end up playing only feminist/SJW-approved games, which doesn't sound fun to me.

- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 13:36 Prez

Would you agree or disagree that's how judge whether you "feel sorry" for someone "if something bad happens"?

Let me explain it another way. Had she not made it within striking range and instead tripped and fell on her face knocking herself out I would have said the exact same thing - that it's hard to feel sorry for someone who gets hurt while behaving badly.

Do I feel Rice's reaction was reasonable? Hell no. Considering his size and strength advantage punching her was a gross over-use of force. He could have stopped her assault with something much less violent.

The ironic thing is that I kinda do feel sympathy for her that she went ahead and married the guy anyway. Putting money above her own safety is a clear sign of a mental disorder that she needs professional help for.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 10:57 Prez

I think Bluesgate has a nice ring to it. Now we just need a scandal of some kind to go with it. #Bluesgate  

- Mahatma Gandhi

33. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 10:55 Prez

You obviously don't understand the English language if condoning a specific bad behavior and not feeling sympathy for someone being an ass getting hurt are one in the same. I lack sympathy for idiots. Sue me. Anyway, like I said, think of me what you will. You are nothing to me.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2014, 11:03.

- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 10:26 Prez

Hell, all physicists seem so frickin' out-of-this-world smart that I couldn't possibly rank them - hell, I can't even understand what the hell they're saying most of the time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 9, 2014, 10:07 Prez

That SI review was just a little more in depth and fair than the Worth-a-Buy video review...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 10:05 Prez

Task wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:46:
I still laugh every time I see that word "Gamergate" as if its somehow anything 'like' Watergate. "One of these things is not like the other one."

Yeah, I hate that term. It just sounds so melodramatic.

- Mahatma Gandhi

30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 09:58 Prez

Fair enough. I don't condone hitting a woman at all nor do I make excuses for anyone who does. But guy or girl, when someone is acting like a complete ass I don't feel sorry for them if something bad happens in any event. That's just how I am wired. If that makes me a rotten person to anyone I'm sure I'll still sleep okay at night. I'm just not sure why the expectation that everyone should keep their damn hands to themselves is such a foreign concept, as if rules only apply some of the time and only to certain people. I could add that I think Price is a bully and a thug, but isn't that inherently obvious?

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2014, 10:10.

- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 09:36 Prez

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 08:24:
Prez wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 02:40:
Her behavior was awful. That is undeniable. The fact that Rice's behavior was even more awful doesn't change that. Why that deserves the exclamation "wow" is beyond me.
I think a "wow" is justified for you saying you don't feel sorry for a woman who got a left cross to the face knocking her out by any man, let alone someone she was going to marry. Yeah, she was arguing with him, even slapped uselessly at him. You claim I am inferring, and you are not implying she had it coming. But I think most people reading your words would read them as I have. It is thinking like that which is part of the reason Ray Rice thought it was okay to do what he did. If she threw a punch with all her strength at Ray Rice's jaw the most likely thing to happen is she would break her hand.

If you honestly are not attempting to imply she had it coming, it is my belief you are failing. You need to choose your words more carefully.

I use the words I use and make no apologies for them. Also, you have a lot of gall to speak for everyone else, especially when you are the only person to get their panties in a twist over what I wrote. Again, I have no control over whatever bias you view my words with; that's on you. I suspect you desperately want me to mean what you claim I meant so you can have another opportunity to be noble and morally superior. A crusader is worthless without something to crusade against.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > GOG.com Turns Six
20. Re: GOG.com Turns Six Sep 9, 2014, 03:25 Prez

I have a pretty big library of GOG games ( I am pretty proud of my "games shelf" on GOG displayed in my account library) but to be honest I haven't bought anything from GOG in quite a while. I just prefer Steam because of all of its added features. Still it's nice to know that if Steam ever turns evil and locks me out of my games I have a back-up!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 03:11 Prez

CairnBassetHound wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 02:40:

Nope. Violence as exercised to the extent it does enough to extricate a person out of a dangerous situation is not "wrong". However, I do agree that going beyond what is called for is wrong.

I completely agree. Which is why I added "with few exceptions" to my statement that I think all violence is wrong. Doing violence in a just war, say to extricate the poor people currently under the oppressive rule of ISIS in the Middle East would be another example.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2014, 03:07 Prez

Graham wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 01:34:
Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 21:58:
Bungie Warns Destiny Day-One Reviews Might Not Tell the Whole Story.

Why not? As long as the review copies go out early enough and the reviewers spend enough time with the game to see all the content, they are as useful as any review. If the game is buggy and crashes a lot at release, that's not the reviewer's fault - ship a working product and it's a moot point. Easier said than done I know.

Because much of the game revolved around drop-in drop-out proximity co-op along with dynamic events that benefit from more players playing. From what I've seen of the reviewers streaming so far, they've got tunnel vision are are playing it like a single player game, much to the detriment of their own enjoyment and far different from how I played the Alpha.

You're really not grasping what Bungie has tried to create here. I'm not making the case for whether it's a good or bad game, but I can tell you from your comment that you've got the same blinders on as some of the reviewers right now.

Well if I had blinders on it is only because I hadn't been following the game much. Your explanation in bold has helped. Thanks!

- Mahatma Gandhi

12620 Comments. 631 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo