Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12283 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Apr 5, 2014, 18:19 Prez

Microsoft and wrong decisions are becoming quite the cozy bedfellows...  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Next Week
4. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Next Week Apr 4, 2014, 21:54 Prez

Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 16:14:
Wish I had waited for the bargain bin on this. Will never pre-buy from TT again.

If I remember correctly you were very happy with the game after the first episode. What changed?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
71. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 16:31 Prez

LOL! Well if it's always 5 o'clock somewhere, it's always midnight somewehre too!  

69. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 15:43 Prez

nin wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 14:56:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 14:43:
Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 10:16:
Look how easily upset you get, Beamer. Gay marriage is not your problem.

Hey Max, I read your article. This is what it says at the bottom:

This post originally wrongly claimed in error that Eich’s tax return became public after a leak from the Internal Revenue Service. We apologize for the error.

The question I've always wondered is, if you're not supposed to feed the mogwai after midnight, when is it safe to feed the mogwai again?????

After breakfast. Yours, not theirs.

25. Re: Anti-Gay Firefox Chief Brendan Eich Quits Days After OkCupid Backlash Apr 3, 2014, 22:51 Prez

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 22:35:
Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 21:46:
Bill Borre wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 21:43:
I thought we lived in a country where the constitution afforded protections to minorities, not one where a minority utilizes the legal system to tyrannize the majority.

you mean the majority donates $1k to tyrannize the minority. Because the minority didn't use the legal system here.

If you're so passionate about gay marriage and "equality" why don't you put your money where your mouth is and donate $1,000 to a pro-gay marriage politician? Nobody is stopping you.

How do you know he didn't? And supporting the right of gays to be as miserable as the rest of us hetero's can be done simply by voting for the pro-gay marriage candidates. Your comment is needlessly provocative.

Loopy wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 22:47:
Since Eich was asked to leave, and he did, I wonder if he feels he was wrong, or if he feels wronged and decided fighting wasn't worth it.
Seeing as how the donation inquestion was made over 5 years ago (if what I read is true), it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that he changed his stance in the interim.

19. Re: Anti-Gay Firefox Chief Brendan Eich Quits Days After OkCupid Backlash Apr 3, 2014, 22:22 Prez

This is from Mozilla's own statement:

"We have employees with a wide diversity of views. Our culture of openness extends to encouraging staff and community to share their beliefs and opinions in public. This is meant to distinguish Mozilla from most organizations and hold us to a higher standard.

So that 'culture of openess' is only afforded to certain belief systems? What if all of the goofy Christian sites made an even louder uproar and threatened to boycott - would they replace the outed guy with an open gay-basher to sate them? It all just seems so ridiculous. I'm SO glad I'll never be in a position where my every belief and action (past and present) will be under constant public scrutiny and determine my employment far more than simply how well I do my job.

9. Re: Anti-Gay Firefox Chief Brendan Eich Quits Days After OkCupid Backlash Apr 3, 2014, 19:39 Prez

You wouldn't. But he also didn't do anything against you.

That would make zero difference to me. I accept that people are different and have different viewpoints and belief systems, some of which will invairably conflict with my own.

And yes, this is a special case. Special because it's Mozilla, which is seen as the "good" browser choice (as opposed to either corporate mediocrity or corporate spyware, to label the two primary alternatives), and because it's the tech industry, which tends to be privileged and wealthy and overwhelmingly socially liberal. Putting a man that clashes with the culture and supports something many see as abhorrent in charge of a company that mostly gets attention for being the "good" choice is clearly going to fail. Had he been CEO of Oracle or Microsoft or Facebook or GM or Boeing this would just be another example of a CEO being a dickhead rather than the betrayal many felt it to be.

That makes sense I guess. I work for Koch Industries whose leaders pay tons of money into similar causes, though I can't say that I know whether they have actually supported bans on gay marriages. I do know that their personal beliefs don't affect the company policies like offering full health benefits to same sex domestic partners or wedded gays in states where it is legally recognized. In a conglomeration of 40,000+ employees, there's presumbaly a fair amount of liberals and homosexuals that don't mind working for them because they ostensibly know how to compartmentalize their beliefs from their obligations to their employees.

7. Re: Anti-Gay Firefox Chief Brendan Eich Quits Days After OkCupid Backlash Apr 3, 2014, 18:59 Prez

Would you say the same thing if he'd donated to the KKK or to the Nazi party?

Yes. As long as his views were kept out of the workplace, I couldn't care any less about who he felt like wasting his money on.

1. Anti-Gay Firefox Chief Brendan Eich Quits Days After OkCupid Backlash Apr 3, 2014, 18:35 Prez

I am all for equal treatment under the law for gay people and I am glad the ban on gay marriage in question failed, but I think this is stupid. This man has a right to donate to whatever causes he wants. He did not bring his personal views into the workplace at all; why is he being forced out of his job over this? I believe this is wrong.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 18:04 Prez

Verno wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 17:45:
... just testing out the FireTV now, ridiculously fast so far. Looks like it will take sideloaded Android APKs so this thing will be pretty great.

Aside from the games (which I don't care about) does it do anything the Roku doesn't do or have any channels that the Roku doesn't have?

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2014, 15:35 Prez

I have only ever used a Roku for streaming so I have nothing to compare it to speedwise, but nonetheless I am very happy with my Roku 3. If I replace my other earlier generation Roku's around the house I may very well go with the Fire TV.  

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2014, 15:18 Prez

It is a bit odd that Metacritic scores aren't being shown for movies too. I doubt that it's because they think gamers place more stock in Metacritic scores than movie fans do considering the massive overlap between the two groups. I suppose the only logical explanation is the game sales division are a just step ahead of the movie sales division as Beamer alluded to.  

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2014, 11:38 Prez

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 11:32:
The Germany law could be useful in the states.

I don't answer my hone phone on record unless I recognize the number. My bosses don't get my personal cell # or email. If I am required to be reachable after hours then I am getting paid, otherwise they can pound sand.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Goat Simulator
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Goat Simulator Apr 2, 2014, 09:58 Prez

After "Warehouse and Logistics Simulator", Goat Simulator doesn't really seem so far-fetched.  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2014, 09:54 Prez

Like it or not many consumers put a lot of stake in Metacritic so it makes sense that Amazon would include its scoring.  

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
37. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 28, 2014, 06:41 Prez

Killswitch wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 06:33:
You'll want to use Widescreen Fixer for this game because the FOV is horrible.

www.widescreenfixer.org

People say that the devs made it that way on purpose to make it more "scary" since with a constricted view you can't see as much around you, but for me it was nausea inducing.

36. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 28, 2014, 06:41 Prez

deleted  

24. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 27, 2014, 22:32 Prez

Well, it's been my experience that EA responds much faster to customer service inquiries than Valve does, but rarely are their "solutions" helpful. So it's really a tie for last place to me.

I have never been able to successfully log back in to my Origin account after logging out without resetting my password multiple times before it actually works. I can change the password to the exact same thing 4 times, but on the 5th time it will actually let me in. Frustrating, but I don't often use Origin so I don't worry about it too much.

News Comments > Zombies Monsters Robots Announced
3. Re: Zombies Monsters Robots Announced Mar 27, 2014, 15:55 Prez

They forgot ninjas pirates and monkeys. Maybe for the sequel?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. New judge blasts Prenda’s “attorney speak,” finds lawyers in contempt. Mar 27, 2014, 09:55 Prez

I'm not above finding joy in seeing scum-sucking lawyers get their comeuppance. I am loving this.  

12283 Comments. 615 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo