Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13231 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy (Literally) - SUNLESS SEA
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy (Literally) - SUNLESS SEA Feb 7, 2015, 10:48 Prez

LOL.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light Mod Tool Plans
19. Re: Dying Light Mod Tool Plans Feb 7, 2015, 10:45 Prez

I am enjoying Dying Light but it has me a bit frustrated. One big frustration is the night mode. I get that we are supposed to hide and run rather than stand and fight but it frustrates me. If the game gives a me an instant stealth kill (the snap the neck from behind by pressing "F" one) why can't I kill the nighttime baddies if I sneak up on them? (The ones that look like they were ripped right out of STALKER Shadows of Chernobyl I mean...). IS there any way to kill them? The weapons also don't seem as meaty as the ones in Dead Island too.

Of course it could just be me. My life is sucking MAJOR ass right now so maybe I am just letting what should be minor annoyances at worst get to me.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
83. Re: etc., etc. Feb 7, 2015, 07:27 Prez

I meant agree with my original point, that overall Sarkeesian is not some noble crusader but an attention-whoring hack, not on one singular point. We can agree on specific details while staying at opposite ends of the opinion spectrum.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

81. Re: etc., etc. Feb 6, 2015, 21:26 Prez

As I said Beremot, all of this stuff was hashed out as nauseum. I sincerely doubt if I were to pick apart her videos piece by piece (as I and others have done already in other threads) and show you exactly where she was being disingenuous or misleading you would suddenly start agreeing with me. You are way too invested in your opinion for that. Me, I am still waiting for someone to prove not that sexism exists in games, because it obviously does, but that is something that is worth worrying about because it isn't altogether a very big issue in my view and it is inherently self-fixing as society changes and becomes less douchey to women as a whole. Plus there are plenty of games that treat women with respect and dignity and in fact give them leading and meaningful roles, rendering Ana Sarkeesian's entire raison d'etre completely moot.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

69. Re: etc., etc. Feb 5, 2015, 21:07 Prez

And while we are on the subject you may want to be careful about throwing around the "following the herd" accusations when someone poses an argument contrary to yours like you dismissively (and rather rudely) did with Redmask when there is no way you can make that case without knowing more about the person. Lest you be forced to accept that Sarkeesian has done nothing but tailor the modern feminist talking points to apply specifically to games anyway. Just because my beliefs very occasionally line up with those of conservative nutjobs on the radio doesn't make me a "ditto-head".  

- Mahatma Gandhi

68. Re: etc., etc. Feb 5, 2015, 20:50 Prez

beremot wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 15:24:
Prez wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 14:55:
beremot wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 13:29:
Prez wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 12:41:
She is a man-hating feminazi. Period.

Looks like you have the whole thing all sewed up and there's no reason to discuss it any further.

Your "man-hating feminazi" argument is so ironclad, it would be a shame if you didn't share it with the wider world.

I think you should present it to Harvard. I'm sure they'll find it as convincing as I do, and rescind Sarkseesian's award.

Well it's sewn up in my mind anyway. Harvard doesn't mean anything to me, especially when they hand out silly awards so willy-nilly. I have given her every opportunity of convincing me differently but she has only further cemented this viewpoint in my mind. Agree, don't agree, doesn't matter to me. I recognize her for what she is. Come back to me when someone who does actual research and makes an argument that amounts to more than cherry-picked talking points, easily rebutted at that, wants to fairly and rationally tackle the issue of gender roles in digital entertainment. Then we can talk. Humanist. HA!

Prez, do you have any specific, quotable examples that helped cement this opinion in your mind? I don't mean some shit the Gators made up. What has she said or done, specifically, that made you think this way?

Yes.

Oh, you wanted examples? Oy vey, weren't you around when all this shit was hashed out ad nauseum during the peak of the "gamergate" nonsense? Suffice it to say that virtually all of her evidence given in the videos is either 1) uncredited and unsourced i.e. shit she at best took at of context and at worst just made up or twisted to suit her argument, or 2) poorly thought out and intellectually dishonest examples that either serve as real-world contextual gender roles in given settings (hookers in medieval times or in urban blight areas) that are NOT sexist or can be applied equally to men as well. i.e. "You can run around beating up women in GTA!" Which can also be done to men, therefore her example is trash.

Just because I agree with her sentiment - that women are not always treated fairly or respectfully in digital entertainment - that doesn't mean she gets a pass for consistently piss-poor arguments. I don't prescribe to jdreyer's reasoning that "well we are talking about it so she did something good" because we are talking about the wrong things. All she did with her amateurish kickstarter scams and her antagonistiic, baseless accusations is further polarize the sides in the debate, thus she has done nothing but make things worse. What good has she done if she has only received praise from people already pre-disposed to her line of thinking while totally alienating the very segment of people she was trying to sway? I haven't seen one single solitary instance of someone saying "Well now, I never realized it, but this Ana Sarkeesian is onto something!", have you?

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2015, 21:10.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 5, 2015, 15:00 Prez

I actually like this idea. I know I am in the minority but it just seems to me that some people at least would be a little nicer if their name was attached to what they say on the internet.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

58. Re: etc., etc. Feb 5, 2015, 14:55 Prez

beremot wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 13:29:
Prez wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 12:41:
She is a man-hating feminazi. Period.

Looks like you have the whole thing all sewed up and there's no reason to discuss it any further.

Your "man-hating feminazi" argument is so ironclad, it would be a shame if you didn't share it with the wider world.

I think you should present it to Harvard. I'm sure they'll find it as convincing as I do, and rescind Sarkseesian's award.

Well it's sewn up in my mind anyway. Harvard doesn't mean anything to me, especially when they hand out silly awards so willy-nilly. I have given her every opportunity of convincing me differently but she has only further cemented this viewpoint in my mind. Agree, don't agree, doesn't matter to me. I recognize her for what she is. Come back to me when someone who does actual research and makes an argument that amounts to more than cherry-picked talking points, easily rebutted at that, wants to fairly and rationally tackle the issue of gender roles in digital entertainment. Then we can talk. Humanist. HA!

- Mahatma Gandhi

52. Re: etc., etc. Feb 5, 2015, 12:41 Prez

You can argue about whether you think Sarkeesian is a noble crusader or a phoney attention-whoring hack (I choose the latter myself but I am done arguing) and that's all well and good, but to claim that she is a humanist? Utterly ridiculous. She is a man-hating feminazi. Period.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics
21. Re: Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics Feb 4, 2015, 13:13 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 10:35:
Valve seems to be getting into all kinds of things and not finish anything before jump on the other.
-Steam controller
-Steam OS
-Steam graphics API
-Steam VR
Lots of potential "game changer" and huge plans but everything seem to get abandoned after a few months when the hype settles.
I am waiting for Valve to announce the next big thing in mobile gaming a Valve tablet or something. Than a few months later they will just forget about it and announce the ground breaking new tech in sound technology for pc gamers.

What was that technology they were working on in the late '90's to make playing on dial-up almost as fast and seamless as on broadband? They worked on that forever and it was supposed to be shipped along with Team Fortress 2 before they scrapped everything. That was when TF2 was still a realistic military style competitive shooter.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gearbox on Homeworld: Cataclysm
18. Re: Gearbox on Homeworld: Cataclysm Feb 4, 2015, 09:45 Prez

I'm as excited as can be for the new editions. Homeworld is my #2 favorite game of all time behind X-COM.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Left Behind Games Stock Scam
14. Re: Left Behind Games Stock Scam Jan 31, 2015, 08:46 Prez

Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Bot Colony Ending
24. Re: Bot Colony Ending Jan 31, 2015, 08:43 Prez

"I realize that some of you paid money to buy a game that will soon be impossible to play - because it requires online servers...

And don't you dare complain about it - this is what everyone wanted. Anyway the whole spiel sounds shady.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
46. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 27, 2015, 02:10 Prez

Is Kinguin.net in the same boat as G2A? I buy keys from them now and again. I always assumed (yeah I know, I'm an ass...) that they just bought a bunch of Steam keys and such when the games were on sale and then just sold them for a bit more to make a profit.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 26, 2015, 14:18 Prez

The pendulum will swing from consoles to PC games in 2015

I would love it if that were true but I just don't see it happening.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
41. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2015, 05:41 Prez

Being irrationally in love with the Dead Island series, I am chomping at the bit for Dying Light.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 24, 2015, 22:33 Prez

She apparently wants another 15 now that her 15 minutes of fame are used up.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2015, 19:37 Prez

nin wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 19:34:
Prez wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 19:30:
Why aren't we talking about #DeflateGate???

Actually, we need to talk, Prez. We discovered someone has a bigger steam account than you...

I admit it - I have gotten soft in my old age and allowed a usurper to take the crown. I am worthless! My life is meaningless!!! Crying

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2015, 19:30 Prez

Why aren't we talking about #DeflateGate???  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March
37. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Going F2P in March Jan 21, 2015, 19:23 Prez

I'll try it out at some point buit if it as boring and mundane as Guild Wars 2 was/is, I will be done with it pretty quickly.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13231 Comments. 662 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo