Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13230 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
27. Re: etc., etc. Oct 22, 2014, 03:59 Prez

Well yeah, but I don't know if you're characterizing the Pinsof thing accurately there...

Neither do I but it sure smells fishy. I am not sure a court would look on what he did very lightly at all.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: etc., etc. Oct 22, 2014, 03:57 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 03:38:
Squirmer wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 00:52:
It's pretty naive to think that journalists in any field don't communicate with each other though. It's no different with games. Journalists don't care if their corporations are competing, they are still colleagues on an individual level. You don't think all those journalists who sit together at press conferences aren't getting drinks later on and discussing their work?

This naivety about how journalists actually do their jobs is probably one of the reasons why mainstream coverage of gamergate is dismissive of it.

There are a few journalist bars in NYC. After 5 its all newspaper reporters. Yes, they discuss work. The crews in Ferguson all meet for drinks near their hotels and do the same.

Of course they all discuss work - it's what they all share in common. The same way I can discuss my military service with other veterans. That doesn't mean there aren't forbidden interactions I need to avoid considering I had a Secret clearance and many people I talk about my service with do not. Journalists are very aware that there are unethical interactions they can be having with their colleagues.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: etc., etc. Oct 22, 2014, 00:59 Prez

If it were found that journos from USAToday, CNN, MSNBC, and other mainstream media outlest were colluding about which stories to run and which to ignore, as well as which journos to not hire, it would be a big scandal, worthy of lead stories for quite a while. It may or may not actually be going on but outing it would be HUGE. Colluding to deceive and colluding to blacklist people is not sitting down to drinks after work.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam
24. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam Oct 21, 2014, 22:11 Prez

mag wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 18:12:
Prez wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:24:
nin wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 09:42:
I'd almost be tempted try this, but I doubt I'd enjoy their idea of "fun".

Maybe for $5 one day...

I bought it for $7.50 on a sale a while back, and I regret it. I barely got past the tutorial. Absolutely brutal, punishing game. I know there are people who will say things like "it really isn't that hard" but don't listen to them. It is ridiculous. I am glad there are people out there who enjoy it but unless you possess nearly inhuman reflexes, skill, and patience this masochistic game will only bring you pain.

It really isn't that hard.

Wall

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 21, 2014, 22:07 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 21:51:
nin wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 21:17:
Did you know Matthew Broderick killed a couple of people years ago? I'd never heard of it until recently...

I remember when that happened. Drunk driving, wasn't it?

And he went to prison for 10 years for manslaughter. Oh, wait. No, no he didn't. He paid $175 and that was it.

And that was before the "Afluenza" defense.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: etc., etc. Oct 21, 2014, 21:52 Prez

I see nothing wrong with exposing a scammer; I wouldn't have fired him.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Free & Paid Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC
6. Re: Free & Paid Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Oct 21, 2014, 21:43 Prez

This is my GOTY easily - I knew I would like it going in but I ended up LOVING it. No boredom here - it was a thrill a minute right up until the very end for me. The new DLC isn't enough to pull me back in just yet. I'll probably replay it but not until after Christmas.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 21, 2014, 21:41 Prez

Well that is an... interesting theory. Movingalong  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 21:36 Prez

If I can have everything CBS ever done, $6 a month isn't bad.

Yep. There are quite a few shows from CBS that are not available on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. Include them all and we'll see.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 21, 2014, 21:32 Prez

How misandrist.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
27. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 20:23 Prez

panbient wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 18:47:
Prez wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:58:
Off topic but Death Magnetic was far and away the best thing they had put out since ...And Justice For All. Had they actually made the guitars sound less like they were played through a $75 Gorilla amp, it would have almost been on the level with their epic 3...

Did you happen to download the uncompressed version of the album from Guitar Hero? I know it seems ridiculous but it sounds substantially better than the actual disc released for commercial sale.

I hadn't heard - I will take a listen!

- Mahatma Gandhi

25. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 16:58 Prez

Off topic but Death Magnetic was far and away the best thing they had put out since ...And Justice For All. Had they actually made the guitars sound less like they were played through a $75 Gorilla amp, it would have almost been on the level with their epic 3...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam Oct 21, 2014, 16:38 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:31:
Prez wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:24:
Absolutely brutal, punishing game.

Yeah, that's exactly why I've avoided the series so far...

This is the most entertainment you'll get out of Dark Souls, and it doesn't cost a thing!

- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam Oct 21, 2014, 16:24 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 09:42:
I'd almost be tempted try this, but I doubt I'd enjoy their idea of "fun".

Maybe for $5 one day...

I bought it for $7.50 on a sale a while back, and I regret it. I barely got past the tutorial. Absolutely brutal, punishing game. I know there are people who will say things like "it really isn't that hard" but don't listen to them. It is ridiculous. I am glad there are people out there who enjoy it but unless you possess nearly inhuman reflexes, skill, and patience this masochistic game will only bring you pain.

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 13:45 Prez

I watched Through the Never on Netflix a while back - damn but these old dudes still got it! Pretty sad that they are playing Blizzconn though - that is so NOT metal!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Space Engineers Sells 1M
9. Re: Space Engineers Sells 1M Oct 21, 2014, 04:22 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 23:02:
Gas Bandit wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 22:23:
Yeah, it's unfinished. It's alpha as hell with bugs galore. I don't recommend buying it yet. But I can't stop playing it (400 hours and counting).

Not to pimp my channel or anything, but if you want to see what keeps me busy, you can see this playlist - all footage taken on the multiplayer PVP server I play on. All battles and casualties are real in-game emergent gameplay.

Watched Space Engineers - The Ghetto Bird fights Pirates!

On an unrelated note, that video highlights exactly why space game developers include "space dust" in their games. In the video there is NO sense of motion at all besides the distance to target counter dropping, which isn't very compelling to say the least.

As far as Early Access and games with potential go, I am still waiting for StarForge to come together - it has been a while.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Interviews
22. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 21, 2014, 03:36 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 22:27:
NKD wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 22:07:
I propose that we create a new rule. If a comment thread has an article related to GamerGate in it, we talk about something else like hockey or TV shows we're watching....

Hey, not a bad idea. Let me one up you:

If a comment thread has an article related to GamerGate in it, we talk about Star Citizen. Yes? Yes? YES!

Okay. I find Star Citizen to be sexist because you can target and destroy only female pilots. You can do so without even developing any meaningful relationship with them! AND you can ask them for sex over voice chat while doing it!!! That is horrible and someone needs to do a video on it post haste!

How'd I do?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced
16. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced Oct 21, 2014, 03:13 Prez

This is par for the course these days; not sure why it is riling some people up. I hate the term "season pass" - this isn't TV - but in general it's just pre-ordering future content in bulk. I prefer to wait until all of the new content is out before buying anything. I just don't have the confidence that all of the content to be released at a later date will be worth getting.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
57. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 21:42 Prez

I think what Cutter is sort of inelegantly trying to say is that it's really just in the nature of humans that people are occasionally going to make off-color jokes (like that cartoon) - there's really no way to stop it, but there really isn't much behind it either. Take it for what it is and don't make it something bigger than it really is. No, one doesn't have to join in but most people are going to be a little crass or immature every so often I think. I don't think it reflects too terribly much on their character, unless it becomes their modus operandi as it were.

Consider that virtually anyone with a little artistic talent can make a cartoon like that in about an hour and plaster it all over the internet - it may be offensive but it still just one guy being a tool for a few minutes doing something he probably gave little to no thought to beyond making a crass joke that he finds oh so clever and funny about an undeniably attractive woman in gaming. It really shouldn't be lent any more credence than that. Why people react to it as if it is some grand telling statement about gamers or humanity at large is beyond me. Obviously if it were about my mom, wife, or daughter I wouldn't be at all thrilled, but I still would keep in mind as with the occasional stupid redneck I hear making racially-charged jokes it is just base, immature childishness with no real malice behind it.

Please understand I am not excusing the behavior; I'm just saying don't make it a bigger issue than it is.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2014, 22:08.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Play Civilization V Free This Week
3. Re: Play Civilization V Free This Week Oct 20, 2014, 21:31 Prez

It may not be Alpha Centauri but it's close enough. Looking forward to it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13230 Comments. 662 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo