Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12416 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 6, 2014, 12:54 Prez

My PC has about a billion awesome games on it!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale (1)
39. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 3, 2014, 10:26 Prez

StaticRandomNumber wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 18:36:
Natural Selection 2 is pretty awesome, best team battles to be had anywhere.

Steep learning curve to begin with but give it some time and follow someone around and you will learn it quick enough.

I had absolutely abysmal perfromance with NS2 on a midrange PC with a 560ti and solid 30mb/6mb connection. I'd stutter so bad that it would take several seconds to realize I had been killed. If anyone else had similar issues, has it gotten any better?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale (2)
27. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 3, 2014, 10:22 Prez

Microsoft selling PC games. Heh. Hehehe. That's funny.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2014, 12:22 Prez

Techie714 © wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:17:
Spectral get off XP seriously if you have ANY Internet access on those PC's you're in big trouble come April 2014.

My company was bought by Georgia Pacific who subsequently cleaned out our IT department (who were admittedly utterly incompetent), leaving it in shambles. Given that I've seen absolutely no motion towards getting the department up to speed I feel confident in saying we are going to be using slow-ass Windows XP Dell PC's long past April 14th barring some sort of miracle.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2014, 12:07 Prez

Too bad this country's founders didn't draw up rules that would prevent this sort of invasion of privacy...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > New Year's Safety Dance
34. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 2, 2014, 10:08 Prez

'Truthers' make me laugh and feel sad at the same time. Their gullibility is funny, but the fact that adults can be made to belive virtually anything by a few amateurish youtube videos slapped together by psychotic shut-ins is more than a little disheartening.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
89. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 31, 2013, 11:45 Prez

Which is why a lot of us are so against always online. I bought Order of War Challenge many moons ago because it was cheap and I wanted to play with my son. I won't really miss it, but this drives home the point that people who are against always online drm have a valid argument.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
46. Re: Into the Black Dec 30, 2013, 19:42 Prez

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 19:33:
Capitan wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 16:28:
I refuse to play games that require services like Steam. Tell why do I need to have additional software installed just to play? That is so fu***ng wrong!

The potential alternative we were facing when Steam first came out was NO games to play if you may remember.

Exactly. Even if you never touch Steam because you object to one or more facets of it (which is perfectly acceptable as freedom of choice is one of the greatest things about PC gaming) to my mind it is a virtually undeniable truth that the obvious viability of Steam on PC has sold publishers who might otherwise have abandoned PC gaming long ago on the idea of sticking with it and even ramping up overall releases. It has also almost certainly convinced fledgling publishers to make PC gaming their primary platform, leading to even more great indie releases on PC. I believe Steam' s benefits to the health of PC gaming are almost immeasurable.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2013, 12:07 Prez

Did anyone else notice that the insiders didn't really beat us? Phil would have placed 6th and Cris only managed to tie our winner. Me thinks they need to get more challenging insiders.
I don't see why guys are e-peening over this all the time - all it really amounts to is a glorified guessing game. You could use a Magic 8-Ball and guess as good as those who pore over stats for hours on end!

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2013, 12:16.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
49. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2013, 09:59 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 08:03:
Maybe they've pulled Blur from Steam because the dev studio was shut down and Activision probably shut the MP servers down.
Steam probably did not want to get into shit about no MP.

That's crazy about Blur. I was going to post "Just buy it on Steam like I did!" before I checked to see it had been removed. My copy still works fine though.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 30, 2013, 07:08 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 15:26:
An even better idea: Dual boot Windows and Steam OS. Given that so many home users own windows for the games...

I like this idea.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Hello Games Flood Follow-up
31. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 30, 2013, 07:05 Prez

I for one care about the studio. I'm assuming they had back-ups - it would be crazy not to this day and age - but it still has to suck to lose all their hardware like that. As for living in "flood zone" if you live in a flood zone then the insurance company should not even be allowed to make flood insurance optional - charge more and cover everybody. At least that what they would do if they weren't interested in collecting your money when everything is fine but then looking for any out they can when crisis strikes.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 16:33 Prez

So, the Swapper.... It has universally positive reviews. Could it be the platformer/puzzler for a guy who doesn't like platformer/puzzlers?

And while I'm in the inquisitive mood... just what is it about Euro Truck driving that makes everyone love that game so much? Is it cathartic in some way you could only understand after playing it or is everyone just fooling around? I prefer my trucks to be snuggly...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 19:01 Prez

Contrary to what some have suggested I think this year's sale has been great. I've picked up lots of games for big discounts!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
27. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 10:00 Prez

Bought Castlestorm on a flash sale and it's pretty fun. It's pretty amusing too.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 17:37 Prez

Acleacius wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 15:24:
Guess I'm asking if GamersGate is trustworthy.

I'd say yes. I've used them quite a bit in the past and never had a problem.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 14:28 Prez

Gamer's Gate is pretty low on the DRM end. Download, install, and activate throught there proprietary downloader then never use it again unless you need to re-install. Just be aware of what DRM the game itself ships with.

And YES nin, I GOT FAR CRY BLOOD DRAGON.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Boxing Day Metaverse
5. Re: Boxing Day Metaverse Dec 27, 2013, 11:23 Prez

One of my daughter's gifts arrived late despite the "guaranteed delivery by Xmas". She was still thrilled she got it, so meh - no big deal.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 15:54 Prez

nin wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:50:
Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 15:47:
I just realized I STILL don't have FC Blood Dragon. Has it been on sale on Steam yet this season? (Not that the $15 normal price is all that out of reach!)

WTF PREZ?!?!?

How can you say no to this?

Well...*SNIFF!*... if I had any friends they would buy it for me but I guess I don't! Bigcry

I'll pick it up next week.

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2013, 21:13.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 15:47 Prez

I just realized I STILL don't have FC Blood Dragon. Has it been on sale on Steam yet this season? Not that the $15 normal price is all that out of reach, but I pride myself on being a cheapskate being thrifty and frugal!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

12416 Comments. 621 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo