Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13126 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2014, 10:52 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 18:17:
Ray Ban wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 17:52:
I lost my mom today.

Life sucks.

I'm sorry for your loss. Mine died in January.

Whoa, that sucks. Major condolences Ray Ban and nin. Makes me sad I never had a relationship with my mom.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
41. Re: gnothi seauton Oct 11, 2014, 10:36 Prez

I need to pay more attention to gaming news. I had no idea what "AMD Mantle" was so I had to Google it. Then I was like "How the hell did I miss this? I've been waiting for an alternative API for ages!"

How many games use it, or will DA 3 be the first?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
38. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 11, 2014, 10:24 Prez

I doubt it will happen, but if this game is more like DA Origins and Awakenings (and not like disappointing DA2) I will buy it even though it's by EA and it's an Origin exclusive. The original was spectacular.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2014, 10:53 Prez

Nah, it's 67 pages because she wrote it in crayon.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2014, 10:46 Prez

I hate it when people take an issue and simplify down to one single variable. Women make less than man because... wait for it... sexism!!! Yep, the evil white man is once again sticking it to someone in his vileness. Let me try it their way. Violence is lower in the rural areas than in the cities. There are more cows in rural areas. Therefore, cows prevent crime!

Of course it's ridiculous, but so is looking at a multi-faceted issue such as gender pay gaps and boiling the cause down to it being simply due to women being women. The MS CEO wasn't inarticulate, he just answered it like a moron.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 10, 2014, 10:40 Prez

Well, to be fair I don't think the article is talking about being a waste of YOUR time. Instead, it seems to be illustrating that it is a big waste of your employer's time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC
8. Re: RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC Oct 10, 2014, 09:55 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:52:
Prez wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:39:
Was this on console first? Was it really that bad?
Yep, it was an xbone exclusive...

Well at least Yerli can't complain it didn't sell because of piracy then.

This started out as a Kinect game...

Ahhh, okay. 'nuff said!

- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 09:46 Prez

'Saturday Night Live' Stalwart Jan Hooks Dead at 57.

Cry

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 10, 2014, 09:40 Prez

Guilty. I'm at work right now, and look where I am!

(It IS break time however...)

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC
5. Re: RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC Oct 10, 2014, 09:39 Prez

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:31:
Brace yourself for brutal boring and very simplistic battle and deadly middle school level drama

Okay, the story admittedly isn't half bad, but the drama is terribly hamfisted and the combat is sleep-inducing.

This might be worth 5 bucks. Please don't buy it full price, because you will feel ripped off.

Was this on console first? Was it really that bad?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 10, 2014, 07:38 Prez

harlock wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 21:01:
fuck a moba

I'll try anything once.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Oct 9, 2014, 22:26 Prez

Very excited about this. I know, it's YET ANOTHER zombie game but I can't seem to get enough of smashing zombie skulls.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 9, 2014, 22:21 Prez

Gotta love paragraph long game titles! Oh Japanese fighting games, how I love your comically, preposterously long names!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > More Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
7. Re: More Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 9, 2014, 22:18 Prez

The sequel was a huge improvement as far as loot comparison went, but you still had to pay attention to level and price a whole lot. There was also the consideration that items with red text in the description had some unique trait that often wasn't immediately apparent until you had used the weapon for a bit, and all orange rarity items had something cool that wasn't mentioned in the description too.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Space Engineers Free Weekend
5. Re: Space Engineers Free Weekend Oct 9, 2014, 22:14 Prez

Looks interesting. I may give it a whirl over the free weekend, but I think I am going to let it cook a while longer before I buy.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

45. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 17:40 Prez

Where's Emily Blunt when I need her?

I say that all the time.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
76. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 17:36 Prez

Crap like this (meaning the comment section) is the reason I click on the Comment Link less and less often here at Blues. Even the awesome Blues crowd is getting stupider and stupider.

Stopped reading there. If you are going to insult a community en masse, maybe do it at the end of your super-long post?

Or maybe just not do it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

33. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 12:38 Prez

...Reviews tend to point out the crap ports, wait on them.

I was kind of with you until this last line. One of my biggest gripes with game reviews these days is that so many of them fail to mention porting problems. The better ones always do, but there are lots that don't.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test
4. Re: Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test Oct 9, 2014, 12:27 Prez

Saboth wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 11:01:
I got about 45% through the first one. I do love dungeon crawlers, but I've always disdained copious puzzles. I like fighting, getting loot, figuring out battles, not pulling 10 chains in various sequences to get a door to open, or stepping on 15 teleporters for an hour. I know, I know, Eye of the Beholder, et. al. had them, and I hated them back then too.

That goes for me as well. Never finished it for the same reason.

- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 12:23 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 12:16:
Prez wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 12:10:
I never understand the "you can use an unsupported fix" crowd excusing shoddy porting. Yes I can use a few console commands or make some config.ini changes, but "unsupported" means if it doesn't work or if screws your game up it's basically 'tough shit'. I like that the flexibility to utilize such things exists to be sure but I'm not too keen on the idea that developers are relying on it like they seem to be.

Leaving it in there usually means it probably won't mess your game up, though. It might, and they're not going to take the QA time to find out for sure, but it probably won't.

If it probably would, they just wouldn't include it because more headaches will come with including a gamebreaking option than in just not including it at all.

So yeah, it may screw things up, but the fact that they're including it means they're pretty certain it won't.
So is it just a matter of not having the time/resources to fully QA test it?

- Mahatma Gandhi

13126 Comments. 657 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo