Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12876 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Announced
5. Re: Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Announced Sep 4, 2014, 04:01 Prez

"Old School" is definitely a good description of the graphics. It always takes me a while to get past the archaic graphics but eventually I do and the adventure is awesome.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 03:57 Prez

Monthly fees were a huge mistake.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Carbon Footprint of Games Distribution
10. Re: The Carbon Footprint of Games Distribution Sep 3, 2014, 18:17 Prez

Phasenoise wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 16:00:
I wish you guys would just say what you really think once in a while.

LOL! I will try in the future!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Carbon Footprint of Games Distribution
7. Re: The Carbon Footprint of Games Distribution Sep 3, 2014, 15:46 Prez

I had to check to see if this article was on The Onion. What a stupid, stupid article.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus
18. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 16:52 Prez

Blue wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 16:07:
Alamar wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 10:53:
But I just did a youtube search, and clicked on a 'Claptrap gameplay vid', and 2s into it, he jumps... Now I can't play the game if they're going to mess with 'the lore'!

That lore was already messed with... if you go back to the first Borderlands you'll find Claptrap actually uses.... STAIRS!

Haha! He probably used them in the first area of Borderlands 2. Remember when Hammerlock was telling you that Claptrap messed up the device on the hideout at the edge of the frozen lake by trying to "integrate" with it? The only way I see that he could have gotten up to it to "integrate" with it was to use the stairs!

No I think the comment claptrap made about being foiled by stairs was a convenient ploy because despite his false bravado in wanting to kick Handsome Jack's ass, he really was scared to. The stairs were just a convenient excuse.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > City of Heroes Revival?
13. Re: City of Heroes Revival? Sep 2, 2014, 16:19 Prez

Sempai wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:32:
I wish them luck. Any project that's driven by passion over dollars, i'll always root for.

Agreed. I never played CoH nor would I but this is pretty cool of NCSoft and the developers.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Uncut Left 4 Dead 2 Cleared in AU
6. Re: Uncut Left 4 Dead 2 Cleared in AU Sep 2, 2014, 16:14 Prez

Wow that was fast!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus
15. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 16:05 Prez

Both Torque's Campaign of Carnage and Tina Tina's were great! I thought the Pirate one was fair to middling.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 13:46 Prez

They are taking private pics that are getting uploaded to a cloud server? Not too smart. Surely there is a way to disable automatic cloud backup.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
14. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 13:33 Prez

Jesus tap-dancing Christ do they ever stop whining?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Sep 2, 2014, 08:51 Prez

InBlack wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 04:37:
nin wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 21:53:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 21:47:
Don't you guys dare talk bad about Chris Roberts. He would never make off with the loot? He has NEVER pumped up the crowds and released vaporware before RIGHT?

Oh wait FreeLancer ....shit he has done EXACTLY that before.

HAHAHA HOOKERS AND YAUGHTS I CALLED IT!!!

Freelancer was a great game, and reviews back that up.

You might want to rethink your strategy...

Sorry nin, I can't agree. Freelancer was 10% of the game it originally claimed to be. Microsoft pumped shitloads of money into that project, only to nearly cancel it. Finally they removed CR as lead on that project, and released an action/arcade game that didnt even support joysticks properly. It was a huge dissapointement after the likes of Starlancer or Freespace2.

I thought Freelancer was great as well.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 16:17 Prez

...Star Citizen, aka Chris Robert’s (Vaporware) BEST GAME EVER.

Now, before we begin this crusade, let me highlight that I’m no troll and I’m not making the point the game will never release...

How can you make the cute little accusation that it's vaporware and in the next sentence claim you're not a troll saying the game won't release? Isn't that exactly what his accusation of vaporware means?

Even posted as an editorial, it is ill-advised to be on a game press site. To my mind it reads more like a trollish forum post in a thread beneath an article than something worthy of being released as a professional editorial.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2014, 16:26.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Activision Taking Take-Two?
17. Re: Activision Taking Take-Two? Aug 31, 2014, 18:09 Prez

Oh God... PLEASE let this just be a rumor.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced
6. Re: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced Aug 31, 2014, 18:07 Prez

The Icewind Dale games were absolutely incredible. I liked them even better than the Baldur's Gate series.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 30, 2014, 08:17 Prez

I am a little surprised by how little use (comparatively speaking) there is in Russia and Slovak nations. There are so many great developers in those areas.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
174. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2014, 07:59 Prez

Jensen wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 23:50:
How does a woman make a video series to draw attention to sexism in video games without drawing attention to herself? Is there a different way she could have done it?

How about the guys that make videos like the "Five Guys" video? Are their videos not just attempts at self promotion?

Do you notice you never see them in their videos? They aren't gussied up championing for a cause. Hell, they don't even use their real names; I couldn't tell you what their real names are. Agree or disagree with the content, their videos feel more genuine.

I didn't say it was fact; I said that's what it seemed like to me. Either way, Sarkeesian is a phony and a liar. THAT I am sure of.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
147. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 23:11 Prez

nin wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 22:03:
Jensen wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 21:40:
nin wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:14:
She's a lot like Jack Thompson. You could almost say she's started down the same path, as an alarmist desperately begging for your attention (and money!).

She is nothing like Jack Thompson.
Thompson tried to sue game makers over school shootings. He tried to sue retailers for carrying violent games. He filed a suit against Sony for allowing certain games on their systems.
I have never heard Sarkeesian advocate censorship or legal involvement. I've never heard her blame a school shooting or any other violence on video games.

They're both looking for easy, quick promotion for themselves.

I would tend to agree. Maybe Sarkeesian actually believes the crap she puts in her videos - who really knows but her? But I'd be lying if I didn't say I believe this little quest of hers is more about her than anything else. As it became readily apparent to many early on in Thompson's crusade that self-promotion and attention grabbing were his primary goals, so it seems with Sarkeesian now. She is loving this; she doesn't care if games ever conform to her warped vision in their portrayal of women - she has the spotlight. This smacks strongly of an ego quest to become a celebrated champion of feminism, and the gullibly complicit media is helping her along like good little tools. When she has milked this particular cow for all it's worth she'll move on.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
128. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 19:56 Prez

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 19:25:

Regardless, as has been shown very often, it's difficult for a woman to get into making games, and difficult for them to stay. This tends to be a factor in why so few women do it. Getting the experience and funding to make your own game is difficult without a track record of making your own game.

There's more to it than that. Programs for exposing girls to computer-based technology careers at a young age have been few and far between up until very recently (My daughter really wanted to take up Google on their offer to teach her to code for free that came about in light of their diversity study findings). Currently according to the Labor Dept. only 20% of software developers cuirrently are women, and likely those are the infrequent females who for whatever reason knew they wanted to code from a young age. Only a small fraction of that already small number would ever consider making games for a living. Young, school-age girls need to be shown what's out there in the computer tech world early in school so more will come to realize this is what they want to do. Once that happens, there will be more women in game development. It's just a matter of time given that almost half of all gamers are female now.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announced
12. Re: Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announced Aug 29, 2014, 19:02 Prez

I still like SR3 the best. Zany wackiness with just enough grounding in reality.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 14:57 Prez

Creston wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 13:47:
Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 13:38:
Also, can we stop with the "cherry picking" argument?

Until she stops doing it, no.

She's doing a series demonstrating patterns and trends that feature tropes. There's literally no way to do this without picking games that feature these tropes.

And what of the games where she demonstrates these 'tropes' and conveniently ignores that you're perfectly free to do the same shit to male NPCs? I can go into a strip club in GTA and shoot up every male NPC inside and never shoot a woman. I can stuff male NPCs in the trunk of a car too. And she never, ever, ever mentions this. she makes it appear as if hookers are the only people you can stuff into fucking trunks in Sleeping Dogs. That hookers are the only ones you can shoot in strip clubs in GTA. That the skimpily dressed girl in New Vegas is the only one you can shoot in the entire city, and then tries to pretend that there's no consequence to shooting her while you see the freaking Karma box pops up that shows that even though you've done a lot of good for the people of New Vegas, they now definitely mistrust you because you murdered an innocent.

How do you not see that that is the very fucking DEFINITION of cherry picking?

Beamer is too smart to not get this. it seems to me that he has a personal stake in this fight which is blinding him to reason however. He also doesn't realize that every time Sarkeesian does this sort of cherry picking - where bad things can or do happen to both sexes but she only highlights it in the case of women she is actually engaging in a soft kind of misandry, and by defending her, Beamer is doing it as well by extention. Why is it only a problem that women are being killed when men are being killed just as often or even more often? I guess it's okay to you that men are killed then, since you don't have an issue with it? Beamer and Sarkeesian hate men!! This is how ridiculous this whole discussion is.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2014, 15:02.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12876 Comments. 644 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo