Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13119 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 20:18 Prez

Speaking of HBO on Amazon, what on there is worth watching? I watched Band of Brothers on DVD a couple of years ago - I'm looking for something new. How is "The Wire"?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 20:09 Prez

If it wasn't Bono's/U2's idea, then why is Bono apologizing? His apology definitely seems to imply he had some say in the matter doesn't it?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 19:47 Prez

FINALLY. About damn time HBO - potential customers have been asking for this for a long long time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
48. Re: etc. Oct 15, 2014, 16:28 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 15:41:
Prez wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 15:35:
And I hate that everything has to have "gate" put at the end of it. It ends up trivializing the message I think.

What if we called it Prezgate, would that change your mind?

PG!

If I ever go a month without buying a game on Steam, that would definitely constitute a #Prezgate. Something very fishy would be going on then...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
32. Re: etc. Oct 15, 2014, 15:35 Prez

Verno wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 14:55:
Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 13:55:
The advantage here is GG is also getting positive press, precisely because this issue has gotten bigger. Which is partly why anti-GG people are freaking out on the media end. They are not used to being replied to on anything approaching an equal level.

Yeah pretty much nailed it there. They expected the same sort of one sided bullshit we've been seeing for months thanks to gaming editorials and other nonsense. Now that people aren't reacting the way they want them to its freak out time. Oh well, looks good on them for being dumb and lumping everyone together when people bitched about it time and time again.

Yep. They are used to being the ones controlling the narrative, so any challenge to that makes them freak out and circle the wagons. It's not that I don't support the idea behind the movement, it's just that activism isn't my thing, especially when I am to be lumped in a group that doesn't speak for me. And I hate that everything has to have "gate" put at the end of it. It ends up trivializing the message I think.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2014, 15:27 Prez

I would prefer the games be reviewed as subjective art. Unless art critics routinely arrogantly preach to their readers as they currently do in the gaming press in which case forget I said it. State your opinion, sure, just don't bash readers over the head with it or pretend it makes you superior.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Oct 15, 2014, 12:47 Prez

'Gamergate’: Feminist video game critic Anita Sarkeesian cancels Utah lecture after threat
It is ridiculous that this is associated in anyway with anyone who supports #gamersgate without a shred of evidence. I think the whole #gamergate thing is kinda dumb, but it is the height of unprofessional behavior to associate a movement with a death threat with zero evidence.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
14. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 11:57 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 11:47:
Creston wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 11:18:
So what exactly is Galaxy?

I'm assuming that's their steam-like client? But they've said in the past it's supposed to be totally optional, and that if you like downloading the way you do now, you won't be forced to use it.

Here we go

It's GOG's answer to Steam. I think it's a great idea because a lot of their older games have long-dead multiplayer that GOG has helped resurrect. A common client will make finding games in these rejuvenated titles a snap. In theory...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2014, 11:29 Prez

I don't mind if a reviewer docks a game's score because of personal opinion and tastes. Having not played Bayonetta I can't tell if he is being hypersensitive or has a point, but if it bothers him it will undoubtedly bother someone else, so he could become their go-to reviewer. The problem is when he uses his review as a soapbox to preach about sexism and other evils. A review is not the place for that; that is what editorials are for.

And if the author likes the Rotten Tomatoes scoring system so much he should note that Metacritic also breaks down the total amount of reviews into 3 categories - number of positive, middling, and negative reviews. It's right at the top of the list of reviews for both professional critics and users' columns.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
9. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 10:43 Prez

Great game but it hasn't aged well. (Like elf mentioned the marine runs WAY too fast making it tough to control). But it definitely needs a modern day graphics upgrade I'd buy in a second.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 15, 2014, 10:39 Prez

Ubisoft engineer says Microsoft & Sony pressuring them 30fps on PC

Not surprising. I think it's because they fear that if the PC version is too superior people will just opt to pirate it on PC. That, or maybe they just don't want their shiny new machines looking long in the tooth already.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released
27. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released Oct 14, 2014, 19:51 Prez

http://www.dealzon.com/deals/borderlands-the-pre-sequel

If 60 bucks is too much but $45 is okay for you, there is a 25% off deal from Dealzon for the "MAC" version. The MAC version will also run on PC since it's Steamworks. Oddly the North America version gets an "unable to add voucher error

P65PW6-F9B91D-TW2AG2

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2014, 21:16.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Resident Evil REmake Trailer
2. Re: Resident Evil REmake Trailer Oct 11, 2014, 13:08 Prez

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 13:06:
Wow, it really is a remake right down to the roots of loading doors.

I like!

Me too! I loved everything about the original. EVERYTHING!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2014, 10:52 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 18:17:
Ray Ban wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 17:52:
I lost my mom today.

Life sucks.

I'm sorry for your loss. Mine died in January.

Whoa, that sucks. Major condolences Ray Ban and nin. Makes me sad I never had a relationship with my mom.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
41. Re: gnothi seauton Oct 11, 2014, 10:36 Prez

I need to pay more attention to gaming news. I had no idea what "AMD Mantle" was so I had to Google it. Then I was like "How the hell did I miss this? I've been waiting for an alternative API for ages!"

How many games use it, or will DA 3 be the first?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
38. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 11, 2014, 10:24 Prez

I doubt it will happen, but if this game is more like DA Origins and Awakenings (and not like disappointing DA2) I will buy it even though it's by EA and it's an Origin exclusive. The original was spectacular.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2014, 10:53 Prez

Nah, it's 67 pages because she wrote it in crayon.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2014, 10:46 Prez

I hate it when people take an issue and simplify down to one single variable. Women make less than man because... wait for it... sexism!!! Yep, the evil white man is once again sticking it to someone in his vileness. Let me try it their way. Violence is lower in the rural areas than in the cities. There are more cows in rural areas. Therefore, cows prevent crime!

Of course it's ridiculous, but so is looking at a multi-faceted issue such as gender pay gaps and boiling the cause down to it being simply due to women being women. The MS CEO wasn't inarticulate, he just answered it like a moron.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 10, 2014, 10:40 Prez

Well, to be fair I don't think the article is talking about being a waste of YOUR time. Instead, it seems to be illustrating that it is a big waste of your employer's time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC
8. Re: RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC Oct 10, 2014, 09:55 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:52:
Prez wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:39:
Was this on console first? Was it really that bad?
Yep, it was an xbone exclusive...

Well at least Yerli can't complain it didn't sell because of piracy then.

This started out as a Kinect game...

Ahhh, okay. 'nuff said!

- Mahatma Gandhi

13119 Comments. 656 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo