Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12421 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
13. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2014, 19:36 Prez

Does anyone think that US Government spying on its own citizens wouldn't be going on if Romney had won the presidency? The politicians left and right have been drooling for the opportunity to do what they are doing right now for decades. If you are still thinking in terms of left and right you're missing the bigger picture imo. Talk is cheap, so the Republicans making noise about things means nothing. ALL of the Federal Government is the bad guy here. We don't have anyone on our side except people like Snowden who take real action at great risk to themselves and the few independent Federal judges who have weighed in so far.

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2014, 19:43.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
10. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 25, 2014, 19:27 Prez

As much as I absolutely loathe Apple I have to admit that I feel that they are not at fault for the tracking of American citizens, the Federal Government is. And it is deplorable.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jan 25, 2014, 01:45 Prez

I got The Bureau - XCOM at Get Games - www.getgamesgo.com - for 7 bucks today in case anyone is interested. I am intrigued enough by the premise to risk that much at least.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
91. Re: why??? Jan 24, 2014, 21:25 Prez

Games are fun, gamers suck.

My version is "Singleplayer games are fun; Mulitplayer gamers suck.

EDIT - For the record there was some explicit sexual activity going on in Max Payne 3's brothel level that felt like it belonged there. It would be kind of weird to be going through a brothel in Panama and NOT see something like that. So yeah, sex has a place in games. And one even handled it correctly.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2014, 21:43.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison
23. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 24, 2014, 21:22 Prez

The most important question to me is whether this game supports mouse aim. They've already confirmed that there's no mouse support in the inventory screen. I need to know if there's mouse support when I'm looking around and aiming.

Agreed. I really hope they add proper mouse support.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > 50 More Steam Greenlights
2. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Jan 21, 2014, 21:53 Prez

I thought they were done with Greenlight...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month
11. Re: Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month Jan 21, 2014, 13:12 Prez

If all they do is fix the horrible controls I'll be happy. I never got to enjoy RE4 properly because the port was awful.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jan 21, 2014, 12:31 Prez

What a stupid article. Or more precisely, the point he is making is stupid. Hardcore fans want the game NOW and buy it on release at full price because the price is irrelevant. More casual or experimental players buy it on a sale. It really isn't rocket science. It certainly isn't "bad for gamers".

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2014, 15:04.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2014, 19:12 Prez

In cases like this where I really don't care for either team I generally route for the classier team. In this case that would be Denver by a mile.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free Weekend
12. Re: Saints Row IV Free Weekend Jan 17, 2014, 01:51 Prez

This is kind of a weird move. The game can be finished in a weekend with some marathon gaming sessions. It's how I did it. With that in mind I wonder if this is going to lead to any significant extra sales or not. I really liked the game (enjoyed SR3 more though) but I can't see myself going back to replay it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Ending
26. Re: Steam Greenlight Ending Jan 15, 2014, 23:34 Prez

Maybe now with so much crapware getting on Steam people will FINALLY stop accusing me of buying every game on Steam. I own less than 40% of their current catalog, thank you very much!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
62. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 15, 2014, 23:28 Prez

I think it is more important than ever to unplug for several hours a day. You got along just fine in the 80s and before without a phone....deal with it.

1000 times THIS! I hate that I am expected to be reachable every second of every day. I'm not ever going to be, simply for my own sanity.

- Mahatma Gandhi

54. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 15, 2014, 17:13 Prez

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 12:26:
Verno wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 08:44:
Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 22:29:
In my area of the US, people can and often do go armed just about anywhere. In Tennessee and Mississippi I'd be willing to bet that a good quarter of the people in your local supermarket, Walmart, mall, restaurants, and theaters are packing (you'd be surprised how many southern women keep subcompacts or snubs in their purses!). I mention this only because if you stop to think of it with how dickish everyone treats one another it's kind of surprising that the sort of incident like this latest theater shooting doesn't happen a whole lot more often.

I look at it the other way, maybe if the general populace didn't think they were entitled to live like John McClane then we'd have less overall gun crime and things like this could be avoided

Exactly. Man isn't carrying gun worse thing is someone may have a black eye.

In my opinion the problem is that there are too many completely irresponsible retards carrying guns around. As a gun carrier, my prime directive is to actively avoid any altercation that could escalate. Someone says shit to me, I walk away. If he presses I verbally de-escalate the situation. I don't start shit either. If someone does something obnoxious (like use a cell phone after the theater has already played the "Please turn cell phones off" message) then I keep quiet and simply move, or at worst leave the theater and ask for my money back. When you start feeling empowered because you are armed you are a ticking timebomb and the next thing you know you are shooting some guy for throwing popcorn at you. Too many gun owners are way too stupid to be trusted to carry guns in public.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Ending
6. Re: Steam Greenlight Ending Jan 15, 2014, 16:59 Prez

I think many people would rather see Early Access go away, but I for one like it and hope it stays. Greenlight was a good idea but it just didn't work well. It didn't stop boatloads of crapware from getting on Steam.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DayZ Sells 1M in One Month
34. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 15, 2014, 07:31 Prez

JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 00:05:
Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 22:15:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 18:54:
Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 18:51:
Wow! Apparently lots of people want to be dicks to their fellow man, kill them, and steal their stuff.
I unfortunately know enough people in the realz that if there was hunting license for people they'd be on it. And not for revenge on someone you don't like, nope just the sport of it. It's amazing anything works.
ImO
Exactly. It has been said that DayZ is a realistic simulation of what will happen if/when society breaks down (probably without the zombies though). I for one would rather not be reminded of it.

I completely disagree. Some of the nicest people I know in real life are hardcore griefers in online games.

If you think video games are an accurate portrayal of how people would behave in real life, you are advocating the same argument as people such as Jack Thompson, and others like him who want to ban video games for ridiculous reasons. Can you not see the double standard?

I think you are misunderstanding. The game is set up as sort of a no rules sandbox and the players are loosed in it to do as they will. Given that I think it is telling that the first instinct the vast majority of the game's players is to kill every loner they come across. That is undoubtedly an accurate reflection of what would happen in the event of a real societal collapse. Placed in an environment without rules or boundaries invariably brings out the worst in people.

- Mahatma Gandhi

30. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 14, 2014, 22:32 Prez

I know both of those Twilight Zone episodes well. I watched every episode that was on Netflix streaming a couple of years back. That was a good show!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

43. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 22:29 Prez

In my area of the US, people can and often do go armed just about anywhere. In Tennessee and Mississippi I'd be willing to bet that a good quarter of the people in your local supermarket, Walmart, mall, restaurants, and theaters are packing (you'd be surprised how many southern women keep subcompacts or snubs in their purses!). I mention this only because if you stop to think of it with how dickish everyone treats one another it's kind of surprising that the sort of incident like this latest theater shooting doesn't happen a whole lot more often.

- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 14, 2014, 22:15 Prez

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 18:54:
Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 18:51:
Wow! Apparently lots of people want to be dicks to their fellow man, kill them, and steal their stuff.
I unfortunately know enough people in the realz that if there was hunting license for people they'd be on it. And not for revenge on someone you don't like, nope just the sport of it. It's amazing anything works.

Exactly. It has been said that DayZ is a realistic simulation of what will happen if/when society breaks down (probably without the zombies though). I for one would rather not be reminded of it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 22:12 Prez

Uh huh. And why is it the FCC's job to ban this? If there's no technical interference issue, it shouldn't be banned by the FCC. Period. The airlines are the ones who should make this policy decision, and if you don't like their policy you can complain to them and/or fly on a different airline.

I agree. I had sworn off flying long ago anyway. Unless I need to go overseas (something I never foresee ever happening) I will drive there.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 14, 2014, 22:07 Prez

nin wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 20:03:
PropheT wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 19:49:
Well, if an ISP does something you don't like you can always just get internet access from a competitor. Except, I guess, in almost all of non-urban settings where we either don't have a choice or places have actually outright purchased a monopoly on broadband in those areas.

That's pretty much how it is here. You can have Cox high speed, or various DSL providers. Yea for choice!

Don't forget uber slow Satellite! It's at least 20 times faster than dial-up and more expensive than cable! Clap

- Mahatma Gandhi

12421 Comments. 622 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo