Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12283 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
86. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 01:35 Prez

descender wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 00:44:
If you quick save in "a bad spot" you deserve to be frustrated for trying to cheat in the first place.

Eh? How is it cheating to use a feature the devs put in the game? If I save my game after a fight that leaves me with little health, and I need to get through 3 more fights before I can reach the health I just "deserve to be frustrated"? Thank all that is holy you aren't a developer.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 13, 2013, 00:02 Prez

Dear Santa Gabe, Santa

I want Kebal Space Program, and Grim Dawn, and Assassins Creed 4, and Planetary Annhilation, and Batman Origins, and Shadow Warrior, and South Park, and Walking Dead Season 2, and Splinter Cell Blacklist, and ...

... 500 games later... and that's all I want. Not one other thing!

Xmastree

News Comments > Terminal Reality Closed?
2. Re: Terminal Reality Closed? Dec 12, 2013, 22:38 Prez

As far as I know the only Terminal Reality game I ever tried was "Nocturne", and I don't really remember anything about it.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Dec 12, 2013, 22:35 Prez

A tablet game? Really?

If there is a god, and he at all likes sci-fi, he will make this game so popular that the series will be re-booted with the same cast. Either that or forget the whole part about SPOILER: Shep and Wash dying, as they need to be in the series.

News Comments > Al Lowe Leaves Replay: Sex Actually Involved
6. Re: Al Lowe Leaves Replay: Sex Actually Involved Dec 12, 2013, 22:32 Prez

Damn. You would think that if Al Lowe were involved in a sex scandal, it would at least be of the "hetero" kind!  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Into the Black Dec 12, 2013, 22:31 Prez

Um, not collecting it?

'Nuff said.

83. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 22:05 Prez

The reason regenerating health came about because taking too many hits and getting low on health could easily make a game a slog (especially for someone who isn't exactly great at FPS's) if you are nowhere near any health packs and you saved in a bad spot. I've done that many times and it sucks. Developers want you to have fun, not get endlessly frustrated. It sucks dying all the time way WAAAY worse than regenerating health does in my mind. That's not "tension"; it's pure aggravation. I won't try to argue that regenerating health doesn't often make for lazy and shitty level design, as in Creston's MW2 example, nor will I say that it makes any sense. But I don't outright dismiss it as "dumbing down" as opposed to health packs, which are equally, stupidly ridiculous in their own right.

The best implementation of regenerating health that I've seen was in Medal of Honor Airborne (going back a ways, I know) where you had four or five "health blocks" and once a health block was empty the only way to refill it was with a health pack. If a health block got halfway down, though, it would slowly fill back up so you were never stuck in an instant fail state. Personally I think Halo's health and shield system was perfectly fine; I never got why people bitched about it so much. Personal shields make perfect sense in a sci-fi game.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2013, 22:40.

News Comments > Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale
56. Re: Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 12, 2013, 21:50 Prez

And of course, the less said about that temple "tutorial" mission, the better. People complained about the terrible opening of Fallout 3, but does nobody remember that damn temple?

I said the same thing. The temple tutorial was horrible, but at least you could kick a rat in the groin.

It does get a whole helluva lot better though. I still preferred Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

**Prez runs out of thread before someone burns him at the stake for gaming blasphemy.**

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 20:10 Prez

5 Reasons the Video Game Industry Is About to Crash.

I didn't know ASeven was writing for Cracked now!

The article is right about the issues with gaming, but I don't think it indicates the market is "about to crash" at all. To me it's like the Social Security in the US - while it is clearly unsustainable indefinitley, I've been hearing that it is "about to go bankrupt" for about 40 years!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 12, 2013, 19:41 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 18:55:
MS went from a $20B company when Gates retired to a $70B company today. All under Ballmer's watch. Not many CEOs can say that. Say what you will, but in his mind: Mission Accomplished.

Also, Apple may have made more money recently, but they're starting to tank without Jobs. MS is a much more diversified company. Apple is going to have problems in 5 years.

Microsoft's growth can directly be attributed to things that Balmer had little to do with, and is more a function of carryover from the Bill Gates era. Under Balmer, the one thing that Microsoft has (sort of) consistently done right - the OS - has started down a new, disastrous direction. Balmer was and will continue to be a dreadful albatross around Microsoft's neck for some time to come.

15. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 00:04 Prez

It would be nice to see him actually make a real PC game again, despite his being an ass for the last several years.  

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
198. Re: CONSUME Dec 10, 2013, 02:51 Prez

Kosumo wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 23:15:
Flamethrower Alien Rifle

Won't anyone think of the aliens???

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
177. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 19:54 Prez

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 09:58:
They track ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING YOU DO!

So why wouldn't that include games!?

Yep. Surprise at this "revelation" would indicate either a gamer who ignores all non-gaming news or a possibly unhealthy level of naivete.

What burns my biscuit is thinking about how much money and manpower this level of spying must absorb. Unless they plan on making noob-ganking or kill-stealing a federal crime, it's an absolute waste. How is this keeping anyone safe?

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Trailer
5. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Trailer Dec 9, 2013, 02:02 Prez

This is looking awesome! I can't wait!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2013, 19:50 Prez

This Dude Just Won $100,000 Throwing A Football Like An Asshole.

He was executing nothing but shovel passes.

News Comments > Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands
11. Re: Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands Dec 8, 2013, 19:42 Prez

The biggest problem with this project for me is that it looks just like BL2, so I will naturally epect to fully explore the world. Given that Telltale only does narrow-focus super linear adventure games (nothing wrong with that; it's what they are very good at), the game will most likely feel constricting. But given how much I loved "The Walking Dead", I have to at least give it a try.

On a side note I really liked Borderlands, and absolutely adored Borderlands 2.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2013, 17:51 Prez

Starboard definitely sounds interesting, and right up my alley despite looking like a side
scroller (which I normally hate). Think I might pick it up whenever I get a day off to play it.

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2013, 18:04.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 8, 2013, 05:27 Prez

Wow that was a depressing read. It seems the music industry is still hopelessly broken. What a world we live in where the people who do the least in the creation of the art make the most off of the sales of the art.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
18. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2013, 05:11 Prez

Something else to consider - if they did knowingly lie to Congress, it was not under oath, in which case no law was broken. If we can try a President for spinning the facts to get the vote he wants, then can the far right in turn put Obama on trial for spinning the facts and getting Congress to pass the Affordable Care Act? Every president, good and bad, does it. I don't like the term "slippery slope" because it's over-used, but boy does it fit here. Talk about a giant can of worms. Best not to open it I say.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
17. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2013, 04:34 Prez

Well I'm glad you referred to me as "my friend" instead of something worse!

Like I said, whatever evidence you can drum up that has you convinced, it has NEVER BEEN PROVEN IN A COURT OF LAW. What convinces you of impropriety just doesn't cut the mustard in a courtroom with a case of the magnitude that you guys are talking. Sure, it isn't exactly a secret that officials in the Bush Administration had long had machinations on ousting Hussein even before 9/11, but the line from that to proving that they knowingly lied under oath to Congress is FAR from a straight "point A to Point B" one. As far as your link to the 60 minutes interview, you have to know if that if the guy making such a claim is put on the stand in a trial, his credibility will be called into question by the defense lawyers, the question will come up that are they supposed to take the word of one traitor with his own agenda, etc, etc, etc. As I keep saying, the whole thing would be an unholy mess and solve nothing except making for great press for the media hounds and making some lawyers famous and filthy rich. It would be utterly pointless and wholly destructive. Until some "smoking gun" comes out and proves that they actually broke a law, the whole idea is ridiculous.

12283 Comments. 615 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo