Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13121 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 21, 2014, 21:32 Prez

How misandrist.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
27. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 20:23 Prez

panbient wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 18:47:
Prez wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:58:
Off topic but Death Magnetic was far and away the best thing they had put out since ...And Justice For All. Had they actually made the guitars sound less like they were played through a $75 Gorilla amp, it would have almost been on the level with their epic 3...

Did you happen to download the uncompressed version of the album from Guitar Hero? I know it seems ridiculous but it sounds substantially better than the actual disc released for commercial sale.

I hadn't heard - I will take a listen!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

25. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 16:58 Prez

Off topic but Death Magnetic was far and away the best thing they had put out since ...And Justice For All. Had they actually made the guitars sound less like they were played through a $75 Gorilla amp, it would have almost been on the level with their epic 3...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam
20. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam Oct 21, 2014, 16:38 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:31:
Prez wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:24:
Absolutely brutal, punishing game.

Yeah, that's exactly why I've avoided the series so far...

This is the most entertainment you'll get out of Dark Souls, and it doesn't cost a thing!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam
16. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam Oct 21, 2014, 16:24 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 09:42:
I'd almost be tempted try this, but I doubt I'd enjoy their idea of "fun".

Maybe for $5 one day...

I bought it for $7.50 on a sale a while back, and I regret it. I barely got past the tutorial. Absolutely brutal, punishing game. I know there are people who will say things like "it really isn't that hard" but don't listen to them. It is ridiculous. I am glad there are people out there who enjoy it but unless you possess nearly inhuman reflexes, skill, and patience this masochistic game will only bring you pain.

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 13:45 Prez

I watched Through the Never on Netflix a while back - damn but these old dudes still got it! Pretty sad that they are playing Blizzconn though - that is so NOT metal!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Space Engineers Sells 1M
9. Re: Space Engineers Sells 1M Oct 21, 2014, 04:22 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 23:02:
Gas Bandit wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 22:23:
Yeah, it's unfinished. It's alpha as hell with bugs galore. I don't recommend buying it yet. But I can't stop playing it (400 hours and counting).

Not to pimp my channel or anything, but if you want to see what keeps me busy, you can see this playlist - all footage taken on the multiplayer PVP server I play on. All battles and casualties are real in-game emergent gameplay.

Watched Space Engineers - The Ghetto Bird fights Pirates!

On an unrelated note, that video highlights exactly why space game developers include "space dust" in their games. In the video there is NO sense of motion at all besides the distance to target counter dropping, which isn't very compelling to say the least.

As far as Early Access and games with potential go, I am still waiting for StarForge to come together - it has been a while.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Interviews
22. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 21, 2014, 03:36 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 22:27:
NKD wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 22:07:
I propose that we create a new rule. If a comment thread has an article related to GamerGate in it, we talk about something else like hockey or TV shows we're watching....

Hey, not a bad idea. Let me one up you:

If a comment thread has an article related to GamerGate in it, we talk about Star Citizen. Yes? Yes? YES!

Okay. I find Star Citizen to be sexist because you can target and destroy only female pilots. You can do so without even developing any meaningful relationship with them! AND you can ask them for sex over voice chat while doing it!!! That is horrible and someone needs to do a video on it post haste!

How'd I do?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced
16. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced Oct 21, 2014, 03:13 Prez

This is par for the course these days; not sure why it is riling some people up. I hate the term "season pass" - this isn't TV - but in general it's just pre-ordering future content in bulk. I prefer to wait until all of the new content is out before buying anything. I just don't have the confidence that all of the content to be released at a later date will be worth getting.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
57. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 21:42 Prez

I think what Cutter is sort of inelegantly trying to say is that it's really just in the nature of humans that people are occasionally going to make off-color jokes (like that cartoon) - there's really no way to stop it, but there really isn't much behind it either. Take it for what it is and don't make it something bigger than it really is. No, one doesn't have to join in but most people are going to be a little crass or immature every so often I think. I don't think it reflects too terribly much on their character, unless it becomes their modus operandi as it were.

Consider that virtually anyone with a little artistic talent can make a cartoon like that in about an hour and plaster it all over the internet - it may be offensive but it still just one guy being a tool for a few minutes doing something he probably gave little to no thought to beyond making a crass joke that he finds oh so clever and funny about an undeniably attractive woman in gaming. It really shouldn't be lent any more credence than that. Why people react to it as if it is some grand telling statement about gamers or humanity at large is beyond me. Obviously if it were about my mom, wife, or daughter I wouldn't be at all thrilled, but I still would keep in mind as with the occasional stupid redneck I hear making racially-charged jokes it is just base, immature childishness with no real malice behind it.

Please understand I am not excusing the behavior; I'm just saying don't make it a bigger issue than it is.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2014, 22:08.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Play Civilization V Free This Week
3. Re: Play Civilization V Free This Week Oct 20, 2014, 21:31 Prez

It may not be Alpha Centauri but it's close enough. Looking forward to it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced
3. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced Oct 20, 2014, 20:21 Prez

Or, the truth is somewhere in the middle.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Interviews
29. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 20, 2014, 19:54 Prez

The group that the developer liked on Facebook is solely a hate group. That's their exclusive cause.

I only know what I read in the interview of them. Never heard of them before today.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Interviews
24. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 20, 2014, 18:59 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:27:
Task wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:23:
'Hatred' Game - Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if they are linked to neo nazi's in Poland and the hooligan groups situated in Kiev-Ukraine. But they may not be, I don't know, that game doesn't seem that interesting anyways, but certainly controversial (reminds me of Manhunt).

GamerGate - Humans lol, does this constitute some sort of quasi internet False Flag playing groups against one another?

I like that they ask him why he liked a hate group on Facebook, and his response is "I don't watch TV, so I need some place to see the news." Yeah, and that's why Strom Thurmond liked the KKK.

During his first campaign to be POTUS I expressed concern about Obama being a member of racist Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years. The general response was just because he was a member doesn't mean he subscribed to everything the pastor preached. Does that not apply here as well?

Anyway, as far as HATRED goes, viewed as simply a social experiment, I find the existence of this game fascinating. For people against censorship, this is going to test just how vehemently you support your own position. For people who claim that videogames do not influence peoples behaviors, it will be interesting to hear why they oppose the extreme senseless violence of this game. Why is this game not okay but GTA is? Are people who admit to playing and enjoying this going to be labeled sociopaths? Is that fair? Does the context behind the wanton gruesome killing of humans dictate whether a game is socially acceptable or not?

My view is that there is nothing wrong with the existence of such a game. If it sells then there was an audience for such a game and this game is simply serving that audience. I am simply kind of indifferent to it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

42. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:51 Prez

Julio wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 18:39:

Aren't there hundreds of people switching jobs all the time? Why is she special?

Well obviously he doesn't link to every low level designer or artist that leaves a team. But Jade Raymond has been in several key high positions (executive producer on several AAA games and Manager of her own studio). She is on the level with Ken Levine, and his comings and goings are always posted.

- Mahatma Gandhi

39. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:44 Prez

Julio wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 18:39:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:53:
Not to belittle her or her...

I'm not saying anything bad about her, I just don't find her work relevant to the games I play. If we had a post about everyone who left a job in the game industry, this site would be pretty boring.

Eh? Blue posts links to stories about people in the industry moving up or moving on all of the time.

- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 18:39 Prez

In my view it's not so hard to see where the accusation of her being there for looks comes from; there are relatively few female managing directors in the industry and one of the very few is stunningly pretty. The problem with assuming that without any evidence is that it precludes the possibility that she used hard work, knowledge, passion, and determination to get where she is. That, and that it doesn't seem to make sense that a person there just to be a pretty face be put in a position requiring genuine skill and experience. My thinking is that were she there just to "shut up and look pretty" she would be put as head of PR or something inane like that. Instead, she has been in a very important position on many games that turned out good to great. That tells me she is more than just a pretty face.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 15:46 Prez

I see the Social Justice Warrior signal up in the Gotham night sky. The call has been made. Who will answer?

As far as Raymond's leaving goes, I hope she stays in the industry. She ran a good studio and has always been a class act.

- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 15:40 Prez

Are you guys trying to start a flame war or what?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 15:38 Prez

Glad to hear she's apparently leaving of her own volition and not because of gamergate or harassment.

Yakubs wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 15:24:
She's just another suit that gets extra attention due to her looks. /snore

Wow. In the first post. Shame

- Mahatma Gandhi

13121 Comments. 657 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo