Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13070 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
15. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 18:19 Prez

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 18:01:
Prez wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 17:00:
Thanks for all the replies!

Prez if you check out Star Trek Online, let me know via steam and I'll send you a invite to a Fleet I co-founded. We are Lifers and have a really good solid (yet smaller fleet) with maxxed out guild starbase and very knowledgeable people who will happy help ya with anything you need.

Awesome! I'll keep that in mind, thanks!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 17:00 Prez

Thanks for all the replies!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2014, 13:07 Prez

As usual taking no responsibility for not providing even coverage or any examination of the supposed problems, just an assumption of guilt posed at an entire audience.

Yep. That was what I was looking for but not a word of it, just more of the same inflammatory crap. What a douchebag.

One thing from the editorial really stood out thought. It was the idea that gaming media is going to fracture (much as broadcast media did) into different channels for different people. So for example, people who want a conservative spin on their gaming news will go to one site and those who want a progressive spin will go to another.

Dammit I don't want spin, I want NEWS. This is why I don't watch the vast majority of mainstream news outlets.

- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 10:31 Prez

Never tried this. How is it? Is it grindy? P2W? Can I solo?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
126. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2014, 03:32 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 03:24:
Prez, I'd also like to formally say, I apologize for when I was a dick to you in the past. I can't say you never deserved it, because I don't remember why, but I can say you probably didn't. I was probably just being entirely a dick. We don't see eye to eye on everything, but you clearly put thought into things and I have a ton of respect for it.

No worries. I remember having you blocked for a while but that seemed kind of childish. I don't mind disagreeing when there is a mutual respect shared.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2014, 03:41.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
124. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2014, 03:06 Prez

Where I see the problem occurring is if a website claims that it is a site for gaming and then has a bunch of pictures of scantily clad women. That's implicitly sending the message that gaming is only for hetero boys and the site is going to ignore the female/homosexual gamers.

So a website needs to claim that it's for hetero men for this to be okay? Somehow I think you and your ilk would still bitch about it. Hell, I would think that would be inherently obvious if they are showing pictures of hot scantily dressed women. (EDIT: Of course one could argue it is also geared towards lesbian gamers...) The way I see it, if you have a problem with sites like Action Trip which proudly posts a new "babe of the day" (today's is awesome too) then in the name of consistency you should have a problem with Vogue, Self, Glamour, and other rags for women because they ignore the hetero/homosexual male. Most websites cater to all types of gamers so what the hell is wrong with having a few that focus on a select group?

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2014, 03:13.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 17, 2014, 21:58 Prez

Still shaking my head at a Minecraft film. Nope, no way that is going to suck. Rolleyes  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 17, 2014, 21:56 Prez

Does this mean we will have to lock the games at 15fps?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
12. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 17, 2014, 20:28 Prez

I'm kind of over Half-Life 3 now. If Valve ever decides to make it and it is awesome I'll most definitely buy it, but I just don't see it happening, at least not in the way we all want it to. Valve may farm it out or find a way to make it another F2P hat simulator.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
121. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2014, 20:16 Prez

But, again, things come down to trends. Someone telling one racist joke isn't necessarily a racist. Someone telling many racist jokes almost definitely is.

I don't necessarily agree. But the more important part I think is to make a distinction between appreciating the human form and telling racially charged jokes. The former is natural and not at all off-putting to me, while the latter makes me squirm a bit when I hear it because of the consequences it can have.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2014, 20:12 Prez

WOMAN LEARNS HER BLACK LAB IS ALLERGIC TO HUMANS

I have the same affliction.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
118. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2014, 20:04 Prez

Yeah, you are right -it was Escapist, not Gamasutra. My mistake.

...one that has a lovely "GIRLS!" section and runs regular articles on hot female teachers sleeping with students.

Not surprisingly, they're considered one of the few "pro-GG" sites.

See, this is what I don't get. So if you have a site geared towards gaming males, and you show images of the beautiful female form, "naturally" you are pro Gamergate, and by extension, misogynist. I cannot get that logic. I don't find it to be sexist that guys like seeing images of gorgeous women, any more than I view seeing my hundreds of female Facebook friends pass around images of mostly naked strapping men as sexist. I view it as human.

EDIT: And before anyone asks, I have hundreds of female Facebook friends because I work in animal rescue which for reasons I won't go into is predominantly female (we are talking by a factor of 20 to 1 by my estimation), and I network with rescues across the country.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2014, 20:10.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
109. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2014, 18:17 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 16:37:
As I keep pointing out, game sites have been quiet since the "gamers are dead" articles and that was about 8 weeks ago.

Well there was that abysmal piece (I think it was on Gamasutra) "Here are the opinions of 8 female developers who didn't give there names but you trust me don't you?" followed by page after page of melodrama, scorn, and condescension...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
98. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2014, 13:16 Prez

Can you link me?

So now you want ME to become ASeven?

Just kidding; I actually like when people dig up different links so I can read what goes on on both sides. Basically I'm saying that the Sarkeesian videos were the shot that ended the "Cold War" between gamers and the press and turned it into a full on battle. I only focus on her because of how the press falls over themselves holding her up as their champion. My beef is now and always has been with the press; I really don't care about Sarkeesian as she is herself admitted she is not a gamer (despite lying about it).

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2014, 13:22.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
96. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2014, 13:11 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 12:24:

Who is saying "oh my god the urgency, we need to do this now?"

The press

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 12:24:
or even "you people are awful?"

The press. In truth Anita Sarkeesian's video's wouldn't be getting the attention they have been but for the overly complicit crusading gaming press that jumped on her bandwagon without ever mentioning the numerous serious flaws in her argument. If the same press reviewed games in the manner that it has championed Sarkeesian's poorly developed argument every game's score would be a 10 out of 10. Without the press falling over themselves putting such a dishonest and poorly qualified hipster feminist on a pedestal because she happens to be espousing the same nonsense they support she would have been largely dismissed by those who disagree with her as just another hypercritical hack who criticizes out of the usual lack of understanding of games and gaming culture.

I'm at the point where I am just no longer going to address our differences in what we believe her motives are (as well as those of the press) because we are at an impasse. Agree to disagree as it were.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released
16. Re: Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released Oct 17, 2014, 06:24 Prez

The games are beautiful and the art direction is breath-taking but I just can't get into the Trine games because I am allergic to sidescrollers.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2014, 06:22 Prez

have any of you watched the justice league cartoons from around 10 years ago?
No. Any other questions?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 17, 2014, 06:08 Prez

I hate WAB reviews but I love his videos. "Eh?" I mean his reviews are nitpicky and focus on minutae rather than more important things and are often way overcritical, but damn if I don't get a kick out of them. Much like Yahtzee, though to his credit Mac doesn't come across as a copycat. And yeah, as Lilith would say, "this new Borderlands game is the tits!"  

- Mahatma Gandhi

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2014, 05:27 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 22:13:
Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 21:52:
WB Confirms Justice League, Wonder Woman, Aquaman Films.

Why, why, and why?!?

1. Justice League: "Holy Shit, Avengers and GotG made a crapton of cash. We need some of that."

2. We haven't had a super hero movie with a woman in the lead. I applaud that. Hopefully they don't include her invisible jet.

3. I understand Jason Momoa will star as Aquaman. I like the idea of a non-white, non-blond Aquaman, and Jason was great as both Khal Drogo and in Conan.

1) Okay, I'll buy that
2) What about Jennifer Garner as Elektra? Yeah it sucked but so will Wonder Woman.
3) Sacrilege! I supposed you liked a female Starbuck too!!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
87. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2014, 05:15 Prez

So all this hate you've been shooting at Anita? You need to shoot it at this woman 10x over because this woman didn't even look at any video games before coming to her conclusions. But I suspect you didn't give her credentials or arguments as much scrutiny as Anita's because she said something that you happened to agree with.

Your hyperbole is reaching epic levels. Proving the woman wrong is not hate to anyone but a blind follower (like yourself). I find it hysterical that you are willing to take the words of a hack like Sarkeesian over the words of a FAR more credentialed life-long feminist like Christina Summers. That, and your gross exaggeration (using unsuited words like "hate" and "persecuted"), both show just how blinded by your bias you really are and thus not worth responding to anymore. You're as much of a hack as Sarkeesian.

And so far your thoughts on this topic have revealed you to be more interested with discrediting the author rather than addressing the arguments themselves.

No, that's just what you will keep saying to avoid the obvious truth that you have nothing of any import or substance to say to back up Sarkeesian's easily refutable and ridiculous argument. You are quite the hypocrite; you are discrediting Christina Summers exactly in the manner of how you are accusing me of doing with Sarkeesian. You and your walls of text can get lost. I'm done wasting time with both.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2014, 05:22.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13070 Comments. 654 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo