Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12418 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month
4. Re: PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month Feb 25, 2014, 09:11 Prez

Well, I'll at least try it. But I really want a Human Revolution sequel. I thought that game was great. I can't wait to dive into the new edition next week during my off time.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
71. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 18:36 Prez

harlock wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:11:
Quboid wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 16:27:
I didn't really get the "bury head in sand" thing either. Did anyone? For some reason you seem to think that respecting the opinion of a particular critic is akin to burying one's head in the sand - is that right?

no thats not it

if you dont want to understand it, you wont.. plain and simple - and thats another aspect ImOof the same thing.. which makes it all so tidy

if you want the game to be good, its going to affect your judgment.. if you want to be critical, that will affect your judgment

if you want to gloss over things, that will affect your judgment.. if you want to see clearly, that will affect your judgment

hopefully you have a better picture by now, if not, go ahead and blame yourself

How the hell did I not peg you for Space Captain earlier? This makes this your... what, 3rd alter ego since being banned? I thought you were too good for this place?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

44. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 15:30 Prez

harlock wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 13:34:
NKD wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 13:25:
TotalBiscuit seemed to like it a lot. Good enough for me.

shouldnt "good enough for you" be based on how much you like it? whats stopping anyone from playing this game? adequate peer pressure?

at the same time it doesnt mean people who dont like it are going away, or dont exist, or arent capable of forming opinions either

"gonna bury my head in the sand, because, damnit, i wanna" .. heh ok go for it - but make sure to tell everyone before you do

Jesus, how about some perspective? Some people have reviewers that they know have tastes closely aligned with their own. Total Biscuit tends to be over critical if anything in my experience; for him to say he likes a game is usually a good indication that it may be worth trying out for me. I have no idea where the whole "bury my head in the sand" comment came from - it makes no sense in the context of the discussion.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 12:31 Prez

The first review I picked to read was the PC Gamer one. With a score of 79% it seemed pretty positive overall. The next one I read was Gamespot's which was considerably less positive. This is going to be one of those divisive games I guess.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game Feb 21, 2014, 14:23 Prez

This game to a game reviewer:

"I'm your worst nightmare!"

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 21, 2014, 12:36 Prez

nin wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 09:27:
Amazon rebrands LoveFilm, ups Prime subscription price.

Guessing this is UK only (so far)? My rebill this coming July is still listed @ $79...

Yeah, I checked mine right after I read this - it's still listed at $79. 49 to 79 pounds is a pretty hefty jump for our friends across the pond though. Is the acquisition/integration with "LoveFilm" worth it?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
90. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 21, 2014, 12:32 Prez

Verno wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:25:
It's not just EA, Microsoft really needs this game to be a massive success and you can bet they will leverage their major industry presence to ensure it is. From a business perspective it makes sense.

Good point. Still, I think McCoy could probably be forgiven for the vehemence of his statement considering how much work he and his team obviously poured into putting this game out. That doesn't mean he is correct in his assumption that none of the glowing reviews were paid for of course...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
88. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 21, 2014, 12:21 Prez

Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 10:48:
Me doth think the shill protest too much.

On the one hand his reaction is understandable. If I was a developer and I worked my ass on a game and believed that the positive reviews were well-earned I would react the same way. On the other hand, this guy ought to at least be conscientious of the fact that his publisher is known to do shady things all the damn time and have brought this kind of suspicion on themselves.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate PC Plans
4. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate PC Plans Feb 20, 2014, 12:07 Prez

The fact that they made a point to announce that they were too busy working on paid dlc to be bothered with putting out a patch for those with issues is just mystifying to me. It's not exactly a rare practice in today's world to be sure, but why in the world would you announce it???  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
40. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 19, 2014, 16:45 Prez

Creston wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 18:49:
Wow, that seems kinda... harsh? Guys make a very succesful game, and then because Ken Levine wants to make a smaller studio, everyone else gets sacked?

Thanks, Ken Levine?

I don't keep up with all the development studios, but even so I am shocked that I didn't see this coming.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2014, 12:10 Prez

Yay! I was having withdrawls for the last few days. Gotta have my Bluesnews daily fix.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Scant State of Decay Expansion Details
1. Re: Scant State of Decay Expansion Details Feb 12, 2014, 09:50 Prez

I really loved State of Decay. It really did a story driven sandbox game right, and it was highly addictive.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > EA: Battlefield 4 "Exceedingly Successful;" Complaints Are "Noise"
5. Re: EA: Battlefield 4 Feb 12, 2014, 09:48 Prez

The more EA people talk, the more I am convinced that my choice to never buy another EA product again is the right one.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Thief Trailer
27. Re: Thief Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 17:56 Prez

My favorite anti-hero has been Riddick since "Pitch Black". Love that movie.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It
33. Re: Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It Feb 11, 2014, 12:16 Prez

Angrius Maximis wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 09:16:
I think its funny that the XBOX1 was always online. ...

No it wasn't. Sailors on deployed ships could still use it to play a host of games; I know of several of my old shipmates who did just that. The Navy reserves it's satellite link for critical warfighting systems.

- Mahatma Gandhi

46. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 11, 2014, 08:17 Prez

We'll make a leftie of you yet Prez

Haha! I prefer to stay middle-of-the-road on most things, but there is sometimes undeniable truth in what either side might be saying. If conservatives are calling me liberal and liberals are calling me conservative, I know I am maintaining the proper balance!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It
26. Re: Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It Feb 11, 2014, 07:49 Prez

Are Hellbinder and Adam Orth one and the same? What about this story would make the reclusive idiot Hellbinder come out of hibernation otherwise?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 11, 2014, 07:33 Prez

jimnms wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:57:
Aww, did the troll get trolled?

Haha - seriously. Apple sucks balls.

- Mahatma Gandhi

44. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 11, 2014, 07:31 Prez

But, but, but the free market is the most efficient and solves all problems!

It could be I think if it were properly regulated.

If its regulated, it isnt exactly free now is it?

That's not really what "free" means. A "free" society still has laws it must follow. Un-regulated capitalism is a disaster.

- Mahatma Gandhi

38. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 16:41 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 15:41:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 15:17:
For profit healthcare isn't it wonderful.

But, but, but the free market is the most efficient and solves all problems!

It could be I think if it were properly regulated.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12418 Comments. 621 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo