Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13052 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2014, 05:27 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 22:13:
Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 21:52:
WB Confirms Justice League, Wonder Woman, Aquaman Films.

Why, why, and why?!?

1. Justice League: "Holy Shit, Avengers and GotG made a crapton of cash. We need some of that."

2. We haven't had a super hero movie with a woman in the lead. I applaud that. Hopefully they don't include her invisible jet.

3. I understand Jason Momoa will star as Aquaman. I like the idea of a non-white, non-blond Aquaman, and Jason was great as both Khal Drogo and in Conan.

1) Okay, I'll buy that
2) What about Jennifer Garner as Elektra? Yeah it sucked but so will Wonder Woman.
3) Sacrilege! I supposed you liked a female Starbuck too!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
87. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2014, 05:15 Prez

So all this hate you've been shooting at Anita? You need to shoot it at this woman 10x over because this woman didn't even look at any video games before coming to her conclusions. But I suspect you didn't give her credentials or arguments as much scrutiny as Anita's because she said something that you happened to agree with.

Your hyperbole is reaching epic levels. Proving the woman wrong is not hate to anyone but a blind follower (like yourself). I find it hysterical that you are willing to take the words of a hack like Sarkeesian over the words of a FAR more credentialed life-long feminist like Christina Summers. That, and your gross exaggeration (using unsuited words like "hate" and "persecuted"), both show just how blinded by your bias you really are and thus not worth responding to anymore. You're as much of a hack as Sarkeesian.

And so far your thoughts on this topic have revealed you to be more interested with discrediting the author rather than addressing the arguments themselves.

No, that's just what you will keep saying to avoid the obvious truth that you have nothing of any import or substance to say to back up Sarkeesian's easily refutable and ridiculous argument. You are quite the hypocrite; you are discrediting Christina Summers exactly in the manner of how you are accusing me of doing with Sarkeesian. You and your walls of text can get lost. I'm done wasting time with both.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2014, 05:22.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
84. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2014, 03:06 Prez

Loopy wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 01:21:
Prez wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 00:16:
She is a phoney because she has been documented as admitting that she has no interest in videogames - this is just an attention-seeking crusade for her.

I think it's important to qualify this with pointing out our hobby is not above reproach, and someone does not need an interest in videogames to comment intelligently on them. I can't speak for Sarkeesian's videos because I've never watched them. But we shouldn't pretend our hobby is immune to outside critiques, because then we do come off as a bunch of insecure children who will adopt a siege mentality at the first sign of impingement on our hobby.

It is precisely for that reason that outside views can be healthy.

I think you are correct; but how many times do outsiders who criticize gaming do so out of ignorance because they never took the time to learn about them and the culture? Fox News anyone? The reason I criticize Sarkeesian for this is that she misrepresented her reasons for making the videos; she claimed she was a gamer when she wasn't, then went on to use misrepresentations, half-truths, and outright lies as evidence of gaming's supposed inherent misogyny.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
81. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2014, 00:16 Prez

The only reason you post such bullshit is because you don't have the mental acuity or argumentative skills to actually try to rebut her argument. But you don't like her argument so you try to silence her message by attacking her personally instead.

Her arguments have not only been rebutted countless times, but also proven to be disingenuous for her penchant for cherry-picking data to suit her agenda and ignoring facts that don't suit her argument. The only problem is that you are so biased that you won't accept any of it. That's your problem, not mine; I'm certainly not going to go through the exercise again for someone who, like her, ignores what doesn't back up what they believe. She is a phoney because she has been documented as admitting that she has no interest in videogames - this is just an attention-seeking crusade for her. Furthermore she is not all that well-regarded actually; she has been called an amateur hipster by real feminists who disavow her. Lastly you know nothing of my mental acuity; to suggest otherwise means you are just a typical internet fool.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2014, 00:28.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
70. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 22:27 Prez

Redmask wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 21:57:

your continued persecution of Anita

The drama practically drips here.

Indeed. What a ridiculous assertion. Exposing her for the phoney, attention-seeking, hipster, wannabe feminist that she is isn't persecution.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2014, 21:52 Prez

WB Confirms Justice League, Wonder Woman, Aquaman Films.

Why, why, and why?!?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
55. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 20:00 Prez

I feel bad for the GG people who are genuinely trying to push the message about gaming journalism and detach themselves from the leeches that have co-opted the movement for their own agendas.

This ALWAYS happens. The extremist wacko homophobes/Islamophobes co-opted the Tea Party; the pinko commie, self-entitled losers co-opted the Occupy movement; greedy race pimps co-opted the civil rights movement; extremist militant hipsters co-opted the feminist movement; self-righteous, arrogant, paranoid assholes co-opted Christianity; fanatical, head-chopping, bloodthirsty psychopaths co-opted the Islamic culture; etc. etc, etc... this why I am loath to identify with any group regardless of its beginnings.

EDIT: On a side note, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those who are having trouble believing that many of us would get up in front of a group of armed citizens are from states/countries with tight gun laws and low instances of private ownership. Here in the Midsouth US, you run into armed people all the time. It's so common to see someone openly carrying a pistol on their hip in a store or restaurant it hardly gets noticed. Some establishments post that they do not want weapons on their property but even then people carry concealed so as not to upset the workers or customers. Say what you want about the gun culture in the south but everyone takes it as a matter of course and incidents involving someone pulling a gun on someone or threatening to use it are so rare as to be virtually non-existent. So yeah, I would have no problem at all speaking in front of an armed crowd. I'd feel safer at that. In fact, considering that I often address action committees on animal cruelty at different animal rescue group functions I am sure that I have done it multiple times. Of course, I was armed too.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2014, 20:26.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
37. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 17:21 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:48:

Question: would anyone frequenting these threads want to go somewhere and give a discussion about gender and games in front of an armed audience?

I wouldn't have a problem with it. I deal with armed people all the time since gun laws in TN amd MI are so lax. It just isn't a big deal to me.

She didn't move the speech because she prefers the headlines about death threats.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2014, 17:28.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
25. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 16, 2014, 09:31 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 09:28:
Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 09:25:
You did watch The Sopranos, right?

Nope. I stayed with my folks - who are big Sopranos fans - in New Jersey (about 15 minutes from where most of the show was filmed) one year so I caught the odd episode but that's it.

Well, if you have prime, the entire series is out there, and highly recommended.

It's on the list. I still have to finish watching Jake and the Fatman.

- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 16, 2014, 09:25 Prez

You did watch The Sopranos, right?

Nope. I stayed with my folks - who are big Sopranos fans - in New Jersey (about 15 minutes from where most of the show was filmed) one year so I caught the odd episode but that's it.

IT'S NOT TV

Of course it is. It's just cable TV instead of airwave network TV.

- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 16, 2014, 06:28 Prez

Sepharo wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 04:04:
PHJF wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 20:42:
Did you seriously just ask "How's The Wire?"

Thought the same thing at first.

"Hey guys I just heard about this Breaking Bad? Any good?"

Nobody in my house watches any TV (which is why we have been without cable or satellite for 8 years). I had never heard anything about Breaking Bad either before I overheard two co-workers raving about it last year. I watched it on Netflix.

- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 22:42 Prez

The only show I have really wanted to watch is Game of Thrones. I've never seen one episode and couldn't name one actor or actress in it. I hope to stave off getting into it until the final season, but I doubt that will be possible seeing as how Martin isn't even finished with the book series yet.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 22:04 Prez

Trolling? I'll answer seriously.

I can assure you, I am serious - why would I be trolling? Honestly, I haven't had cable TV in about 8 years, and I don't have many friends, so I have never even heard of the show. Honest Injun! Thanks for the recommendation.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2014, 22:09.

- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 20:18 Prez

Speaking of HBO on Amazon, what on there is worth watching? I watched Band of Brothers on DVD a couple of years ago - I'm looking for something new. How is "The Wire"?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 20:09 Prez

If it wasn't Bono's/U2's idea, then why is Bono apologizing? His apology definitely seems to imply he had some say in the matter doesn't it?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 19:47 Prez

FINALLY. About damn time HBO - potential customers have been asking for this for a long long time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
48. Re: etc. Oct 15, 2014, 16:28 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 15:41:
Prez wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 15:35:
And I hate that everything has to have "gate" put at the end of it. It ends up trivializing the message I think.

What if we called it Prezgate, would that change your mind?

PG!

If I ever go a month without buying a game on Steam, that would definitely constitute a #Prezgate. Something very fishy would be going on then...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
32. Re: etc. Oct 15, 2014, 15:35 Prez

Verno wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 14:55:
Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 13:55:
The advantage here is GG is also getting positive press, precisely because this issue has gotten bigger. Which is partly why anti-GG people are freaking out on the media end. They are not used to being replied to on anything approaching an equal level.

Yeah pretty much nailed it there. They expected the same sort of one sided bullshit we've been seeing for months thanks to gaming editorials and other nonsense. Now that people aren't reacting the way they want them to its freak out time. Oh well, looks good on them for being dumb and lumping everyone together when people bitched about it time and time again.

Yep. They are used to being the ones controlling the narrative, so any challenge to that makes them freak out and circle the wagons. It's not that I don't support the idea behind the movement, it's just that activism isn't my thing, especially when I am to be lumped in a group that doesn't speak for me. And I hate that everything has to have "gate" put at the end of it. It ends up trivializing the message I think.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2014, 15:27 Prez

I would prefer the games be reviewed as subjective art. Unless art critics routinely arrogantly preach to their readers as they currently do in the gaming press in which case forget I said it. State your opinion, sure, just don't bash readers over the head with it or pretend it makes you superior.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Oct 15, 2014, 12:47 Prez

'Gamergate’: Feminist video game critic Anita Sarkeesian cancels Utah lecture after threat
It is ridiculous that this is associated in anyway with anyone who supports #gamersgate without a shred of evidence. I think the whole #gamergate thing is kinda dumb, but it is the height of unprofessional behavior to associate a movement with a death threat with zero evidence.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13052 Comments. 653 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo