Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13072 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 04:31 Prez

What am I enjoying about it? The world, the characters, the dialog, the weapons, the loot, the combat, the quests, the story. No snide remark here. But I am also not going to apologize for liking a game (I'm not really sorry that it depresses you despite what I said, but I hope you get some Prozac or something). If you want to look down on me for my choice of entertainment that's your prerogative.

And if you think about it, the "default Bluesnews community reaction" is a reasonable one. What's it to you if people like a game that you don't?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 03:15 Prez

That people buy this uninspired BL2 clone is so utterly depressing.

Sorry for depressing you but I not only bought it; I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2014, 00:53 Prez

Knowing what a holiday tradtion dressing up the pooches for Halloween has been in the Blue household I know this might be a sad time of year.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 00:41 Prez

What does a Metacritic rating have to do with what someone considers their own personal GOTY? Tastes and tolerances vary. I'm calling Shadows of Mordor my personal GOTY but I don't think for a second it will show up on any official list as GOTY.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2014, 21:56 Prez

I watch MAC's videos because they entertain me, especially when he goes into full-on rage mode, but I don't base my buying decisions on them.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
45. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 19, 2014, 21:49 Prez

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 19:06:
I've ignored this whole annoying debacle for the most part. But when the article starts with this?

"How a video game fan weathered a misogynist backlash to become pop culture's most valuable critic"

This shits gone full retard.

Yep. Rolling Stone really couldn't have sold out for her any harder than they did. Unbelievable. Did they even try to watch her video and compare it with actual facts? Her videos are so easily debunked even pretend journalists like Rolling Stone could have found her out as a hack in little time. Instead they rrelease this shamefully lopsided piece of shit article.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2014, 21:38 Prez

Shadows of Mordor and Evil Within are two polarizing games. Mac's "Worth A Buy" review absolutely destroys The Evil Within and says he can't think of one redeeming quality of it. Of course he is VERY particular about what he likes and doesn't like...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
65. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2014, 21:34 Prez

Quboid wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 18:29:
NKD wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 16:55:
Quboid wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 16:29:

That doesn't mean every member of GamerGate. This is basic English; "GamerGate presented enough of a perceived danger" means that they think the danger comes entirely from GamerGate, it does not mean that they think the entirety of GamerGate is a danger.

You're sitting there playing semantic grammar games and completely ignoring the intent and tone of the entire article.

You have invented a tone that confirms your pre-presumed conclusion - that you're a victim. It's not a semantic grammar game, it's the very significant mistake that your righteous indignation won't let you see because it unravels the whole "they're criticising me therefore this sentence criticises me therefore they're criticising me" fallacy that started the GamerGate anger.

I couldn't really disagree any more with this, but it's your opinion, so...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
61. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2014, 17:06 Prez

And you're saying "all members of the Tea Party." But that has "all."

Right because I have heard that time and time again from people who see the actions of a few idiots reported on the news. And so have you - I am sure of it.

Gamers are literally sending death threats to Anita Sarkeesian. Gamers are literally shitting all over Twitter saying women are ruining games.

These are factual statements. It doesn't mean all gamers. And "gamer" isn't really a protected class and I think a lot of people find it odd that some view it similarly to religion.

Right. And identifying them as gamers and not simply the reprehensible sociopaths they are is intentional. It's capitalizing on the associative property commonly used as a slander tactic. It isn't by accident that opponents of gamergate label the threat makers as "gamers" and not as sociopathic individuals. I am not defending "gamers" as a boys club or a religion; I am pointing out how moderate opposition to an extremist movement is being silenced through tried and true slander tactics.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
58. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2014, 16:54 Prez

C'mon guys, really. Do you really think it's just because we can't understand English. REALLY? NKD is obviously an intelligent and moderate poster. Now all of a sudden he lacks basic reading comprehension skills or had trouble with basic English?

Tell me you never heard anyone say "This is why I hate Christianity" when that awful Westboro Baptist Church would make the news. Or that you never heard someone bashing Muslims after 9/11. All members of the Tea Party are racist homophobes, haven't you heard? It is a natural tendency for people to generalize based on what is presented as the face of a culture or movement. It happens all of the time. Sly people will make use of this when trying to garner sympathy for their side and discredit the opposition. That is precisely what people are doing here, and it is so obvious I can't believe that some people don't see it.

They don't have to claim that they feel threatened by everyone for that to be the narrative. By his wording "a perceived threat from Gamersgate" NOT a perceived threat by a few individuals - is clearly meant to discredit an entire movement, not point out that there are a few loonies within it. It's a winning tactic - they get the result they want - notice you don't see headlines on NY Times and Rolling Stone saying "A Select Few Within Gamergate Threaten Anita Sarkeesian" - while you guys get an easy target by saying we can't understand simple English and we get discredited as idiots. Nice play.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2014, 17:00.

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2014, 15:45 Prez

The new Borderlands is great fun - I'm having a blast with it. I get that a lot of people wanted something new but I think there are enough people like me who continue to love the series as it is for Gearbox to feel justified in continuing on with what they're doing.

Also, thus far Shadows of Mordor is my game of the year. I loved every second of it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2014, 15:34 Prez

Men With LUTS, Other Prostate Problems May Improve Urination By Sitting Down.

Squat-to-pee faeries!!!!

Uh, sorry, had a military days flashback there.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
54. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2014, 15:27 Prez

It's very clear what they were implying and it's silly to pretend otherwise. They wouldn't have written that line if they didn't either A) Feel their lives were in danger or B) Wanted other people to think they felt that way.

Exactly. It was sympathy-fishing melodrama for him to write such garbage.

They wrote that line because they have been receiving threats, and because that is pertinent to the editorial and to the specific point that was being made.

I don't think that's true. . Note the emboldened word below:
For many of our staff, myself included, GamerGate presented enough of a perceived danger that we were scared for ourselves and our families. (Notable fact I remind myself of often: There are 14 children among the Polygon staff, including two under the age of 1).

A perceived danger doesn't really imply specific threats to me. If they had received them, he would have detailed them.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
50. Re: etc., etc. Oct 19, 2014, 15:23 Prez

Add into all of this the extremely aggressive tone of your posts and I'd have to admit my interest in continuing to engage with you about this topic has pretty much waned.

Way ahead of you pal. You are nothing but a worthless troll who posts TL:DR garbage. Piss off. I can't believe I wasted so much time engaging a troll.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2014, 15:53.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
48. Re: etc., etc. Oct 19, 2014, 02:54 Prez

You know sdgundamx, you lecture others on attacking the person and not refuting the message but ironically that is all I see you do. You have not presented one single solitary counter argument to Thunderfoot's points. You did not offer a single rebuttal to any of Christina Summers points yesterday. For someone who complains about it happening to Sarkeesian you sure don't waste time doing it to someone else. Anita's videos are garbage. I can go through each one and systematically pick apart each point that she makes and refute it with easily-found facts. But then you would just question my mental ability. Oh wait - you already did that. That others have already done exactly what you are asking for apparently doesn't register for you. I guess you think that this debate here on Blues only started once you joined it? Should we all go back and re-make all of our points, the ones we made before you graced us with your presence, for your benefit?

You also keep moving the goal posts. First no one was countering any of her arguments. Now people are only countering one of her arguments. Videos have been posted pointing out just how wrong she is but because you don't like the people making them the whole lot of them are null and void. You won't be satisfied until someone breaks down each point she makes, no matter how stupid, and spells it out for you why she is wrong -politely- I guess? Even then, I doubt you would be satisfied. My guess is that you know that no one here is actually going to take the time to do such a herculean task since we have better ways to spend our free time and don't have the benefit of kickstarter money (espectially when so many of her points are face-palm worthy and shouldn't need to be rebutted). So I guess you think you can therefore "win" because no one can rise to your challenge, thus we are all just Anita-hating morons. The fact is the onus is on her to try to make a coherent argument, not on us to try to pick them apart. Thus far she has come woefully short of that. You may agree with her message but if her facts, her methodology, and her logic are dishonest and wrong-headed (as they continue to be) that just isn't going to cut it for those of us not readily pre-disposed to her line of thinking. The gamergate issue came about when the media not only failed to call her out on her many fallacies she presents as truth, but actively ignored the opposition despite their responsibility to present all sides of an issue. They have abandoned their journalistic integrity in the name of agendas and activism.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2014, 03:23.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
37. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2014, 22:06 Prez

sdgundamx wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 21:54:

Okay, so you agree that all GG supporters need to shut up about the death threats they're receiving? If not, why not?

They don't have the media on their side so they get no positive gain out of it - I suppose they are doing it for some sort of counterpoint. But honestly, they can STFU as well - I doubt any of it is credible. At any rate I am not a GG supporter; I am someone who finds the media's behavior in the last several months utterly deplorable. I identify with no group.

- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2014, 22:00 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 21:27:
Alamar wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 21:10:
I love honest trailers, and that one was great too ; )

Yeah, it pretty much sums up exactly why I have zero interest in that series.

Same, and same. The honest game trailers are consistently brilliant. "'Challenging' in the way breaking bricks with your flacid penis is challenging" LMAO! So epic! Rotfl

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
35. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2014, 21:49 Prez

I don't have a problem with anyone taking the steps they feel necessary to ensure their own safety. That's common sense. However, I find playing the sympathy card to be sickening. "Oh look, poor me - I got an anonymous death threat - let me post it all over my social network pages so everyone can give me all kinds of positive coverage and exposure!" That's just BS. You seem tho think it is a matter of simple opportunism; I find it reprehensible because professional victims like Quinn and Sarkeesian, and now this tool at Polygon, use it as a tool for discrediting all opposition, including moderate and logical opposition. Invariably the "woe is me" sympathy parade leads to unfair parallels being drawn when those in the media shamelessly play it up to paint all opposition with a broad brush because they are NOT impartial, but extremist activists. That is to say nothing that there is enough evidence to suggest at least some of these supposed threats are fabrications; I certainly wouldn't put it past people of such poor character as Sarkeesian and Quinn. There is a sizeable amount of evidence showing their documented lack of integrity so don't even start with the character assassination comments.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
33. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2014, 21:34 Prez

The same thing the rest of us do when we are threatened by dickless 13 year olds behind the anonymity of the Internet. Ignore it, or if you want a slim chance of maybe them getting in trouble for it, forward it to the authorities and go about your life.

You know how many cases there are of someone on the Internet getting mad because they disagreed with someone, and then finding them and killing them? I don't even know. I can only think of a couple, ever. The two I'm thinking of were in Korea and China respectively, and in both cases the people were already personally acquainted. It just happened to be an Internet disagreement that set them off.

Sorry, but this fantasy people have of some angry nerd finding them and killing them for liking what they don't like is just not something that people need to be worried about. That's just a fact. There is no data to support that there are real risks of this happening. What few "internet creepo kills someone" stories there are, it's usually some psychopath luring someone to his house, or some stalker obsessing over someone for years. It's like living in fear of getting hit by a meteor.

Thanks NKD for saving me the trouble of typing that out. Well said. At most I would see myself reporting it to the police. What I find dubious is when an unfounded claim of some ambiguous threat ended up on Quinn's or Sarkeesian's Twitter pages and they get all kinds of sympathy from the media, and, more importantly, positive exposure. Proffesional victims.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
28. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2014, 19:18 Prez

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 19:11:
I'm sure it's a nice editorial, but I won't read it. At least not on Polygon's site.
Good on ya. I wish I hadn't read it myself.
Squirmer wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 18:39:
NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 15:38:
For many of our staff, myself included, GamerGate presented enough of a perceived danger that we were scared for ourselves and our families. (Notable fact I remind myself of often: There are 14 children among the Polygon staff, including two under the age of 1).

That's right guys. If you have concerns about how game journalists go about their business, you're literally a child murderer. Even newborns.
GGers accuse the other side of being professional victims, but then you go and say a thing like that.

Call me biased but I don't agree that's a fair parallel. Moreover, unless NKD has made that specific claim, I don't think it is fair to attribute the words of others to him specifically. I often refer to Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian as professional victims because any persecution, be it real or fabricated, furthers their causes so they play it for all its worth. It's not a term I use generally about "the other side" as you put it. I find the section that NPD quoted to be nothing but sympathy-fishing melodrama.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2014, 19:32.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13072 Comments. 654 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo