Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13231 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
47. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 10:14 Prez

I'll start giving props to them when they do this to a major developer with big pub backing... like DICE for example, for releasing broken game after broken game then spitting out DLC for it, just as one example.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
45. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 09:56 Prez

As I said in the other thread my feeling is that RPS would never take such a tone with a developer with a major publisher for fear of incurring their wrath and being blacklisted. Molyneux is just an easy target because he can't do anything to them.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Interviews
42. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 14, 2015, 09:42 Prez

This interview really bothers me, and not because of the tone Walker took with Molyneux. It bothers me because if we replaced Molyneux with an unknown we could still unequivocally say that the person being interviewed is not with EA or Ubisoft, or any other publisher that has done some really shitty things to paying customers but has gaming "journalists" in their bed. Walker would never DARE to talk to someone with an actual publisher who could withhold review copies, special previews, and interviews from RPS for not playing softball like they are supposed to. It would mean no more 3 day vacations to publisher's swanky office parties under the guise of getting a scoop on a game!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
103. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2015, 11:47 Prez

So you actually believe thousands upon thousands of scientists and doctors have all colluded to mislead the public on the link between autism and vaccines? Let's pretend for a minute that this was even possible - what would motivate so many people to lie? If they don't care that their lie is causing kids to have autism why would they care if the lack of herd immunity is causing kids to die from measles and other diseases? There isn't enough money in vaccinations for them to go through all this trouble. The problem with the vast majority of conspiracy theories is 1) they never explain the end game of those involved in a way that makes any sense whatsoever, and 2) they ignore the sheer impossibility of keeping such a thing covered up. They would literally have to coerce every single doctor and scientist who performs their own independent study to keep quiet or discredit them as a hack. It just isn't possible.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

47. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 17:14 Prez

My comment was more directed to those of the belief that you can't trust doctors and pharmaceutical companies but then rely on the same when the shit hits the fan. They know who they are.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

40. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 16:30 Prez

It seems pretty convenient to be all contrarian about getting vaccinated but then if you get contract a bacterial infection you are all about those antibiotics; you are in serious pain I doubt you would hesitate to get some painkillers. What do you plan on doing when your appendix flares up? Die of a completely correctable medical condition because you can't trust them lyin' ass doctors? If you find your wife or child on the floor unresponsive I sincerely doubt you would think twice about calling for an ambulance. If you are distrustful of medicine and want to forego hundreds of years of wondrous advancement in the field over silly paranoia then fine, but be consistent about it. Otherwise what is the point?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

32. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 15:27 Prez

To answer Julio, I would be for forced vaccination only in a pandemic that was serious enough. The problem is that there are so many anti vaccination loons out there now that this is becoming more and more likely - so much so that I consider it possible that I may see it in my lifetime. And when it happens, all of you tin-foil hat wackos will be the ones to blame for it so don't come bitching to me about lost freedoms.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2015, 15:20 Prez

If MACK's reviews piss you off I'd venture to say that you are taking them too seriously. He is actually a terrible reviewer, spending way to much time nitpicking and not enough time getting to all of the important points gamers look for in a review. But as entertainment - pure gold! It is especially fun to hear him have a meltdown over a game he hates because of bad mouse controls or other forms of consolitis.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 15:03 Prez

Beamer wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 14:26:
The economy is doing well for white collar workers. If you have great experience and a degree or three it's a massive boom.

For the remaining 80% or more of the country, the rebound hasn't really happened.

This, exactly. For us blue collar workers things still suck. My wage barely keeps up with inflation, everything (except gasoline) is getting more expensive, and the income gap is widening steadily. It's a race to the bottom for the middle class. Me, I didn't vote and I doubt I ever will again in my lifetime. None of the clowns in DC - and no, not Democrats either; spare me the BS rhetoric about how things get better when they are in charge - give a shit about anything but keeping their job, living like royalty, and trading favors with corporate interests.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 13:00 Prez

I would say that this last Republican landslide was not a function of people thinking that Republicans suddenly have an answer but a general disgust with the Democrats' inability to do anything about stagnant wages and the loss of higher wage jobs in favor of low wage jobs. As always, in elections, as the saying goes "it's the economy stupid!" In two years when the Republicans remind everyone how utterly ineffective they are the balance will swing back to the Democrats. It's the Political Pendulum of Futility.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 12:50 Prez

Personally I think the whole "forced vaccination" idea is a non-starter. If herd immunity happens somewhere in the 90% range then my suggestion for a solution would be to get the number of conscientious objectors down under 10% via education and just the right amount of scare tactics.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 10:31 Prez

I am all for vaccinations myself but I just don't get the hysteria over measles. All the children in my family including myself got it and it was just no big deal. I think I may have been born be for MMR vaccination was developed.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception
4. Re: EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception Feb 12, 2015, 10:13 Prez

I'd be very surprised if the EFF got what it was asking for here. Both lawmakers and corporations have been becoming exceedingly hostile to consumers in their pursuit of the almighty dollar.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 11, 2015, 20:41 Prez

I would NEVER base a buying decision on MAC's review - he is a terrible reviewer. But I watch every one because his videos are generally hysterical!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
35. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 17:19 Prez

The game really starts to open up once you have gotten the majority of the higher level skills. I remain frustrated by the number of falling deaths I have suffered but overall I would say it is a really fun experience so far.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 10, 2015, 17:12 Prez

I wish publishers would stop making players rely on other players for a good experience. I hate multiplayer-centric games, so I didn't even give Titanfall a second glance.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 8, 2015, 21:00 Prez

Zombies really are the perfect enemy and a zombie apolocalypse really is the perfect backdrop to an open-world survival game, which is why it is repeatedly used and also why people like me keep buying them.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
87. Re: etc., etc. Feb 8, 2015, 20:56 Prez

I agree Quboid I sympathize with the call for more diverse gender roles, but she took the angle of trashing games with sensible gender roles. By the examples she used and the context in which she used them, it came across that she is against ANY game in which the woman is portrayed as such things as strippers, hookers, victims of kidnapping and other crimes, etc. Consider that she titles her video headline as "Women as background decoration", meaning she is calling out any game that uses them as strippers or hookers regardless of how contextually accurate it may be. She also claims, based on a very specious use of a psychological phenomenon with no sourcing, the effect on the psyche that games with this sort of presentation of women is universal and unavoidable, which means ANY game that presents women this way, regardless of historical accuracy, is furthering misogynist attitudes in male gamers. This is patently, laughably untrue as any of us can attest to but more importantly it gives the lie to the claim that she only was seeking to have more games made that portray women in more dignified, meaningful roles. If that was truly all she was after I would have been behind her 100%.

Understand when I say attention "whore" I by no means using that term as slander against her gender; I view her as an attention whore as I am a New York Pizza whore.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
85. Re: etc., etc. Feb 7, 2015, 22:16 Prez

Hey if the shoe fits... She is an attention whore, I really can't see any way to debate that fact. And the fact that she deliberately spins her data to make it look like men are the victimizers and women are the perpetual victims makes her a man-hater in my book.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 7, 2015, 11:06 Prez

Well if we still regard the US Constitution as law, the "surveillance egime" still is and always will be unlawful until the 4th Amendment is repealed. Get on it Congress!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13231 Comments. 662 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo