Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12440 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands Removes SecuROM; Multiplayer to Return
2. Re: Borderlands Removes SecuROM; Multiplayer to Return Jul 28, 2014, 20:00 Prez

Cool.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust
20. Re: Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust Jul 28, 2014, 16:09 Prez

Actually you ARE funding Dominoes when you buy a pizza. You are supplying them revenue they need to keep operating aren't you?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed
11. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 28, 2014, 04:02 Prez

When the 5th episode ships I'll buy Season 2 and play the hell out of it. I'll save you Clementine!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
104. Re: Op Ed Jul 26, 2014, 21:39 Prez

It's not that you can actually get dumber by reading something.

Sometimes it feels that way though...

I had two people on my ignore list for a time, but I since emptied the list. It's not like you can't see what they say when people quote them anyway. I try to ignore the idiocy but it's more convenient if you never have to be exposed to it in the first place. Mostly I try to get along with everyone now.

Certain people will say things that will make gy head spin but that's just the internet; it's unlikely that they are the same in real life.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2014, 21:25 Prez

What a stupid, stupid article.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Yager: No Spec Ops: The Line Sequel
52. Re: Yager: No Spec Ops: The Line Sequel Jul 23, 2014, 14:08 Prez

ItBurn wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 00:00:
Redmask wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 23:19:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 18:46:
You guys would find gems in a turd.

Says the guy posting 20 times in a thread about a game he supposedly hates.

Says the guy who postz 21 times in a thread about a game he supposedly hates.

I thought Spec Ops was a great game myself.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon Defenders Eternity [Updated]
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon Defenders Eternity [Updated] Jul 23, 2014, 11:05 Prez

The multiplayer in this game is a min-maxer player's wet dream, and a nightmare to people like me who just want to enjoy the experience. So I played the first game 99% in single player and loved it. I'm extremely glad that they listened to fan feedback and enabled single player.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 11:00 Prez

Verno wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 09:43:
I'm getting tired of hearing about women's issues all the time in the press, I can only summon so much empathy before I start to think "well do something about it then". If writing about their plights is doing something then maybe...stop doing so much about it then

Seriously though people are pricks on the internet, many of the examples are things where something has gone viral or the person was exposed to large public attention. It sucks but that attracts the weirdos. I think they get a different kind of harassment which sucks but there are a lot of lonely people and weird people who act out on the internet because it provides them a sense of anonymity. I'm sure Adam Orth or CliffyB would happy to tell some of them all about the harassment they get.

Edit: they disabled comments for the story which was really lame.

Verno stated my exact feelings on this matter and this latest clickbait article. This has gotten so silly that it's hard to take the issue seriously anymore. Which is a shame, because there is an issue. But overblowing it by several orders of magnitude by posting article after pointless article about it because you need the attention or your site needs the extra ad revenue about only serves to deaden everyone's sensitivity to it until no one cares anymore.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Areal Kickstarter Suspended
6. Re: Areal Kickstarter Suspended Jul 22, 2014, 13:38 Prez

What an obvious scam. Hard to believe anyone donated to this based on how obviously shady it was.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jul 19, 2014, 07:17 Prez

There's probably a YouTube video out there that proves I'm a terrorist too. I think Rollinthunder and Axis made it...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
19. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 08:04 Prez

I'm no fan of Microsoft, and their callous wording about people losing their jobs aside, but in this instance I have to say that if anyone Nokia is the bad guy if you are dead set on finding one. Nokia knowingly agreed to this merger knowing it would put thousands of people out of work. Shareholders get a payday, the little guy gets shafted.

Two thirds of them were Nokia employees...

That would then indicate 1/3, or about 6000 workers WERE Microsoft employees, wouldn't it? That doesn't exactly paint a rosy picture for Microsoft, redundancy notwithstanding.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2014, 21:39 Prez

In other news, Nokia employees didn't get a bonus for 2013. Their CEO got a $25 million dollar bonus.

That shit ought to be illegal.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 17, 2014, 21:33 Prez

NKD wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 18:38:
How dare a company fire people! You should have your job until you don't want it anymore or are deemed incompetent! These evil fucks and their changing staffing needs.

I don't think that is what has people miffed. I think itt is more how a company can sound so callous about tossing 18,000 employees and their families out on their asses in a middling job market in a middling economy.

Me, I'm thinking more about the millions upon millions of dollars Balmer got as a bonus when he left for basically screwing up everything he touched royally during his tenure.

You understand it's the corporate communications department, not the executives themselves, writing these messages, and they're doing it heavily under the eye of legal, right?

Why wouldn't he? More importantly does it matter? They are speaking for the company, and these execs are the public face of the company.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because "It Sells"
20. Re: GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because Jul 17, 2014, 08:29 Prez

"We made it easy/it's not that difficult to earn money" + "It sells" = "Our customers are either morons or lazy fucks!"  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2014, 21:40 Prez

Apple laughs at the fines. That's not even half of what they won in that stupid ruling against Samsung.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sims 2 Support Ending
12. Re: Lost Money Jul 16, 2014, 21:34 Prez

Almost 10 years since Sims 2 shipped. That's an exceptionally long run for an EA game.

Verno wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 10:57:
Yeah that's surprisingly generous for EA.

Every time they do something to earn themselves some goodwill (and start NOT being the lead contender for the annual "Worst Company in America" vote) it seems they soon turnaround and do something so vile and stupid that it wipes away goodwill they earned and then some. Waiting to see if they follow the pattern...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Jul 15, 2014, 21:46 Prez

DLC is the reason I don't buy games at release anymore.

Same here. I doubt I wil ever buy a game at release again. To be honest it isn't the ONLY reason (lack of time weighs in as well), but it is probably the biggest one.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2014, 21:41 Prez

Comcast is full of shit. Their employees are trained and encouraged to behave excatly like this guy on the recording. No one would argue like he did against cancellation without being told their job depended on it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 15, 2014, 13:57 Prez

I am parking myself outside of Blue's residence until the Bluephone ships.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
22. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 28, 2014, 15:44 Prez

At first I thought it was an expansion for the recently-released Space Hulk TBS. I bought that on a sale now I need to give it a whirl. I am frothing at the mouth at the idea of a solid WH40K shooter.

BTW, am I the only one who totally dug the Space Marine 3rd Person action game? It seems most around here slagged it pretty hard.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12440 Comments. 622 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo