Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13072 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
19. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 22, 2014, 04:14 Prez

I have to say that it does seem that they are really making this harder on themselves. Just give everyone who asks a refund and stop the negative publicity they are getting. Like Creston said chances are the total number of refunds paid will be small compared to what they have made already.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Nov 22, 2014, 00:25 Prez

“There is a cultural war erupting,” ... “We are witnessing the horrifying real-life effects it's having on women, whether they are famous or not. It's critical that we come up with viable solutions to fight this harassment because right now there are no clear laws, legislation, or social media policies addressing this issue effectively."

*FACEPALM*

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 21, 2014, 19:51 Prez

Definitely the right thing to do. Good call.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
58. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 14:16 Prez

I think the refunds should be offered to everyone, not just people who haven't played yet. They failed to deliver on what I understand is a promised feature, and that means the ethical thing to do would be to offer everyone who wants one a refund. I played Planetary Annhilation online when it was Early Access because it was the opnly way to try out the game so I could give my feedback, but the only reason I backed it was because of the promised offline mode. I assume that would be the case with some people who were in the Beta. They are burning up a lot of their trust with gamers.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
308. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 19, 2014, 22:11 Prez

Wow - a 300-post thread. And half of them are Slick!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
13. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 19, 2014, 21:33 Prez

Jesus this game has some legs!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2014, 15:10 Prez

Controversial sex scene. That's rich.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2014, 02:35 Prez

So only 48 Senators are even aware that the 4th Amendment exists. Wonderful.

You can argue money in most things, but what corportations are lobbying for the Fed to keep spying on them? This is purely the Government walking over our liberties, and in this case it's power driving to them to do it - power over we the sheeple. Fuck you Marco Rubio - the Constitution isn't an inconvenience that has to be worked around, it's what you took an oath to uphold you fucking hypocrite.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2014, 02:41.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
29. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 02:11 Prez

I'm sitting here wondering why you care Beamer? Are you bored? One guy boycotting Ubisoft isn't the end of your world is it?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
73. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 19, 2014, 00:15 Prez

Yes! The sensitive friggin' moron caca-doodie head Dacron says I won!!!! \o/  

- Mahatma Gandhi

71. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 22:24 Prez

NAHNAHNAHNAHNAH NOT LISTENING TO YOU LALALALALALALALA

YOU ARE A BIG DOODY-HEAD! (On top of being a sensitive friggin' moron).

Hey it may be immature, but you aren't worth any greater intellectual ouptut on my part, and it makes me happy too!

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2014, 22:30.

- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 18, 2014, 22:21 Prez

Asmo wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 22:20:
Prez wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 22:04:
Yeah but they get to expose the assholes and make fun of them. At least it ought to make them feel better.

Until it backfires on them...

I was stuck with the deliberate bug in Titan Quest where early in the first act, performance would go to crap and it would be unplayable. I went to the forums and was ridiculed and abused by posters and stuff alike for pirating the game, as it was deliberately included to kick in for hacked versions.

My problem, once I'd established with IL that I was a legitimate customer, was that securom was allowing the game to load but then insisting my disk was a copy and kicking in the deliberate corruption bomb once I'd start playing the game.

So yeah, while I'm happy for game companies to try and combat piracy, I get pissed as fuck when it affects their paying customers. If you can't discriminate well enough, don't fucking bother...

I got the same bug, but even though I bought the game I was using a fixed.exe because I didn't like having to change out CD's, so I guess it was meant for me.

- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 18, 2014, 22:04 Prez

Yeah but they get to expose the assholes and make fun of them. At least it ought to make them feel better.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 18, 2014, 21:56 Prez

Dacron and his buddies, suck it down! Drunk  

- Mahatma Gandhi

69. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 21:26 Prez

Dacron, after careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that you are a friggin' moron. How's that Mr. Sensitive?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

65. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 18:20 Prez

Now I am an SJW for being against taking what you have no right to take and bragging about it? You hear that Beamer? I am a SJW. Time to unleash ASeven and Julio on me!

For someone who is so brazen about justifying stealing shit, Dacron, you sure are sensitive about perceived insults, a far less egregious offense.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
46. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 18:12 Prez

User scores are dicey for an EA title because of how hated they are. Lots of people likely are just voting '0' on principle without playing the game.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > No MP for Just Cause 3 Launch
9. Re: No MP for Just Cause 3 Launch Nov 18, 2014, 13:37 Prez

That's surprising given the popularity of the multiplayer mod for Just Cause 2.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4 Nov 18, 2014, 12:53 Prez

It's not the cluster that AC Unity was at launch is it?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 08:04 Prez

The only reason someone who isn't a lawyer would be so tied up in how to define the act of taking what you have no right to is to make the case that one act is somehow ethically different than the other. If you want to steal/pirate/take what isn't yours that is your business, and you can rationalize however you want. It makes no difference to me.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13072 Comments. 654 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo