Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13123 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 5, 2014, 22:44 Prez

My plasma TV's work pretty good for being dead. I've got zombie TV's!!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston TM a Hoax
1. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston TM a Hoax Nov 5, 2014, 19:50 Prez

Crying  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2014, 19:47 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:17:
BobBob wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 18:01:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 17:28:
The problem is that this country has some serious fucking issues it needs to address, and literally nothing will happen on anything for two years.

What are the issues that you expect the government to fix -- if it's not responsible for them in the first place?
Regardless of who is to blame, there are issues that need to be addressed. Do you seriously feel that everything is perfect right now and we don't need to change anything for the next two years?

1. Jobs and economy. We've fought back since the crash, but we're hardly in great shape.
2. Income inequality & poverty. The only way to truly improve our economy and reduce poverty is to reduce the gap between rich and poor which has grown wider than any time in the last 100 years.
3. Immigration. As a San Diegoan, does this seriously not affect you? You think it's fine the way it is?
4. Healthcare. No matter how you feel about it, do you feel it can't be improved at all in the next two years?
5. Global Warming. As a Californian suffering from GW exacerbated drought, I'd expect you to have an opinion here. Do you not want action to keep your precious beaches from disappearing?

That's a good list, but I think the fear of people who prefer gridlock is generally that in trying to fix problems 1 through 4 they will actually make it worse. The ACA (Obamacare as everyone calls it) is a good example. For everything it fixes it makes something else worse or creates a new problem. As far as number 5, I think there is a general fear that the government will go overboard in mandating extreme measures that may end up having no effect on the speed at which the earth is warming so it will just be more draconian and expensive regulation that does nothing but hurt businesses and put the screws to the common man.

- Mahatma Gandhi

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2014, 16:22 Prez

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 15:53:
Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 13:38:
Beamer wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 12:59:
NKD wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 12:57:
Wow watching those voting results was like watching a national suicide attempt. The US really doesn't want to live on this planet anymore. Here we go boys, prepare your anus for legislation based on climate denial and religious doctrine.

Nearly 40% of the voters were over 60.
Boomers.

Boomers are selfish, greedy, and all around the worst.

That's painting with just a bit of a broad brush, don't you think?

I don't think so. And worse, those narcissistic pricks think they're greatest generation and have done the world a favour, when, in fact, they've made it worse. They had one moment in the 60s - which really just amounted to being drugged out, irresponsible dropouts - and have made things much worse when they sold out and became the establishment they were supposedly rebelling against.

There was actually a special on them on CNN a while back where they refereed to themselves as the "most important generation that's ever been". For fucking real?!?!

I don't necessarily disagree, but there is some over-simplification going on (which is natural since we don't generally do in-depth studies of topics in a game forum). I don't really feel like getting into the detail and nuance of the subject, but I was more addressing Beamer's point that if 40% of people who voted were over 60 then this election result is due to selfish, greedy, self-entitled old people voting for their own interests only. The problem I have with that is that it assumes that through the course of their life all of the Boomers maintianed the exact same set of ideals and values throughout their life, and still vote for the same reasons they did when they were 20, 30, 40, or 50. People change throughout their lives; I am 44 and I have changed a lot.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2014, 14:05 Prez

Beamer wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 2014:

Or just acknowledging that you never built up a relationship and not having a stupid funeral with a stupid action button that no one will care about?

That would work but is that "troubling" as the editorial's author claims or is just a silly design decision?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2014, 13:50 Prez

Generally bad writing is endemic to videogames and has been for a while. But ask for a minute how was the developer supposed to build that emotional bond with the deceased character that you say is missing. How about a flashback scene where you guys go fishing and talk about your childhood issues and how you are so lucky that you guys were there for each other? Or maybe a scene detailing how you were there for the birth of his baby when everyone else couldn't make it? Or how about a scene when he busts into the bar, drags your drunk ass out and helps you sober up and get your life back together? That's how movies do it, but is that what someone buying a game about shooting bad guys with awesome weapons wants to sit through?

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2014, 13:38 Prez

Beamer wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 12:59:
Wow watching those voting results was like watching a national suicide attempt. The US really doesn't want to live on this planet anymore. Here we go boys, prepare your anus for legislation based on climate denial and religious doctrine.

Nearly 40% of the voters were over 60.
Boomers.

Boomers are selfish, greedy, and all around the worst.

That's painting with just a bit of a broad brush, don't you think?

- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2014, 13:20 Prez

Nothing is going to change though. Just more gridlock and arguing about whose fault it is as the nation goes further down the shitter.

- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2014, 12:50 Prez

I am just glad it's over. I don't care much for Guy Hawkes - he sucks at being a terrorist. They failed at blowing up the House of Lordes! We need someone good to blow up the Capitol building with every member of Congress inside!!!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Nov 5, 2014, 12:41 Prez

C'mon guys - there is a Star Citizen monthly update linked here and no one has said anything to bash Roberts or his cash cow. Where am I supposed to get my daily entertainment?!?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans
7. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 5, 2014, 12:37 Prez

Badly written headline, but good for comedic value. It made me wonder why the game getting released in Poland warranted its own story.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2014, 12:34 Prez

It seems they feel Gamergate has run its course now they are desperately scrounging for things to write about.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM [Updated]
23. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 12:30 Prez

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 12:12:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 11:30:
Shadow of Boston? That's the best subtitle they could come up with? Jesus.

Well, they couldn't get away with "That Shithole Boston" so they had to go with something more advertising friendly.

I take it to mean the city of Boston is a shadow of its former self after the nuclear war. You guys have no imagination!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM [Updated]
1. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 09:46 Prez

Hope it gets announced soon. I'm ready for more Fallout.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition
81. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 4, 2014, 23:06 Prez

@Prez ... I don't know what you mean, exactly, by having a "rough time," but if I contributed to this rough patch you're going through, then I am sorry.

Just that I am off my game because of RL stresses. I'm edgy and things aren't coming out the way I intend them to sound to others. I don't usually have any problem getting my point across and I am usually pretty even keel. It's not you.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
17. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 4, 2014, 16:30 Prez

Brianna Wu offers cash reward for info leading to arrest of harassers.

It's unbelievable that it's taken this long for anyone to do anything to catch some of these people.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed
35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 4, 2014, 16:20 Prez

This is so cool!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

32. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2014, 15:44 Prez

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 14:48:
Prez wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 14:40:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 14:33:

Well, except for Obamacare. Can only blame Obama for that. Assuming you don't like it, that is.

Didn't Romney institute basically the same thing in Massachusetts?

Not to open a huge can of worms, but I cannot resist. The rest of the developed world, and even much of the third world, has universal health care, cheaper internet, better education, you name it. Sometimes you have to take a deep breath and realize the US could learn some things from outside our (eventually heavily fortified) borders.

Democracy cannot co-exist with unbridled Capitalism, discuss.

I think any discussion is pointless as far as what America can do because we live in an environment in which virtually every Republican blames all of that on the Democrats, virtually every Democrat blames it on the Republicans, and every independent voter is some hipster contrarian who spends all day blogging about conspiracy theories and blames it on the illuminati. The idea that you can still work with people with whom you don't agree on every single thing to accomplish things for the common good is so foreign that if you suggest it people look at you like you have lobster crawling out of years. The system isn't broken; WE are broken.

- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2014, 14:40 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 14:33:
Prez wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 11:01:
BobBob wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 10:57:
Voting here in California is pointless, especially if you are moderate or lean right.

Think how moderates and liberals feel in Texas!!

In truth I feel all voting is pointless. All of the bad shit that happened under Obama would have happened under Romney or McCain.

Well, except for Obamacare. Can only blame Obama for that. Assuming you don't like it, that is.

Didn't Romney institute basically the same thing in Massachusetts?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2014, 14:37 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 13:16:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 12:57:
But I thought 'Murica was the best at everything!?!?

We're the best at the most important thing: letting corporations suck every last dollar from us regardless of consequences.

America, Fuck YEAH!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

13123 Comments. 657 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo