Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12808 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
51. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 17:43 Prez

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 17:41:
Brumbek wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 17:15:
As the saying goes, only boring people are bored.

Haven't heard that saying, seems pretty stupid at face value.

He didn't say it was a popular or smart saying!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed
37. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2014, 17:39 Prez

I almost never have the recommmended specs for any modern release but I play it just fine, visuals close to max @ 1920 by 1080. *shrug*  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
49. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 17:17 Prez

Ranger's Creed: Gondor Asylum?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players
16. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 26, 2014, 17:12 Prez

I played it in beta but haven't been back to it yet.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 26, 2014, 17:09 Prez

There's a "worse"?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Interviews
66. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 16:59 Prez

This is what everyone complaining about "SJWs" is fighting against - a couple more heroines, a few unusual gaming scenarios, and some better realized secondary characters.

The horror!

Actually, no it's not. Like, at all. If that's all you guys wanted you'd be quiet now, because you already have all that in spades. One has to look no further than yesterday's "On Sale" listing. A quick perusal of Steam or Desura yields dozens more such examples, if not hundreds. SJW's want that to be perceived as our platform because it is easily assailable. Alas, it isnt, nor was it ever.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2014, 17:08.

- Mahatma Gandhi

49. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 06:16 Prez

Here is where I disagree completely. This has almost nothing to do with gaming at this point...

Obviously Blue disagrees, since he keeps putting links to the issue on his gaming website. Not to mention gaming websites like The Escapist keep putting out crap like the article linked herein.

- Mahatma Gandhi

48. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 06:00 Prez

...It then turned into the whole corruption allegation thing when emails were leaked that exposed the correspondence between journalists and developers who collectively decided to downplay the personal story and use the whole affair to push the feminism agenda into the forefront.

None of this is surprising. What is surprising is the reaction of the developer/journalist community in how they have decided that GAMERS, ALL GAMERS!! are somehow to blame for the worlds patriarchal and ingrained misogynist culture. Shit like that pisses me off no end. Most of my gamer friends are progressive intelligent people who think about shit like that more than most. Its fucking depressing to read what most people who work in the industry think of their 'fanbase' and it makes me angry. It shouldnt but it does. I guess Im passionate about my hobby. Shoot me.

I agree completely with what InBlack is saying here. This is not about opposition to being nice to women. The diversionary tactics of the extremist crusaders in the press and their supporters is what is making it sound like it's about that or more generally, men vs. women. IT IS NOT; IT NEVER WAS!!!!! For those of us still arguing against the extremist agenda creeping its way into gaming it has to do with not allowing those with insidious agendas to force gaming to conform to unpalatable and stifling standards set forth by extremist wackos who for whatever reason have set their sights on gaming, a hobby which I grew up with and love every bit as much now as when I was a kid playing my Atari 2600.

If you disagree that such forces are at work, fine - I can accept that. I'm not going to waste any time trying to convince you otherwise. But conversely trying to convince others that said forces are not at work in the face of recent events (outright lying, covering up or silencing opposing viewpoints, aiding those with similar extremist agendas to the detriment of those without such agendas, shameless collusion, corruption, etc etc etc...) is going to equally fall on deaf ears.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2014, 06:12.

- Mahatma Gandhi

45. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 04:34 Prez

At no point did I say anybody's life is perfect, and I'm extremely sorry to hear that, Prez. So maybe this whole thing should be even less important to you in comparison? I don't know how your mind works obviously.

Thanks. By comparison, you are right, the whole game press corruption thing (noticed I avoided the "#gamergate" title ) rates WAY lower on my importance scale. But I still care about it, and it relates very much to gaming, so I discuss it here. I don't discuss the more important issues like mental health, raising teens in such a fucked up world, and terrorism because that's not what this site is about. People can be multi-tasking.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Announced
8. Re: Total War: ATTILA Announced Sep 26, 2014, 02:15 Prez

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 22:56:
They'll eventually run out of time periods to build a game around so this kind of overlap seems like an inevitability.

They have yet to touch China, and there is always alternate history and fantasy. Modern warfare simply would not work for the type of gameplay the series utilizes; the designers have mentioned that more than once in interviews.

- Mahatma Gandhi

41. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 02:13 Prez

Wow, what the hell, people are still getting worked up over this shit? Take a break, relax, be glad you have the leisure time to complain about the possible corruption of people who don't matter in the slightest. Go volunteer at a soup kitchen or something, see some people with real problems.

I volunteer about 20 hours a week at an animal rescue and I have a daughter who was recently committed to a mental hospital for a suicide attempt. Your assumption that someone who cares about this issue is lacking perspective or is living a "bowl of cherries" life is incorrect.

- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2014, 21:40 Prez

Jensen wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 17:34:
Prez wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 10:47:
I find this article reprehensible. Hiding the names of the authors simply because they are female (melodramatic much?) is just another thinly veiled attack on gamers as misogynist neanderthals.
So if they give their names, it's just shameless self promotion, but if they are anonymous, it is just because they are cowards who can't defend their statements.

No. Building strawmen (like you are doing with your false comparison here) doesn't contribute anything meaningful. Putting a name to the statement makes it verifiable. Keeping things anonymous means nothing can be verified. How do I know some crusading feminist didn't write all of these melodramatic and condescending lectures on what scum we are? Given the level of shameless dishonesty the press has stooped to recently I wouldn't put it past them. Ultimately, this article is just more contrived BS designed to divert attention from what unethical, unscrupulous, charlatans the gaming press is. I don't believe anything the writer claims in the setup.

Everything out of the shameless gaming journo-liars is "But, MISOGYNY!!!" It is as predictable as it is pathetic.

Jensen wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 17:31:
PropheT wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 16:20:
It started with a woman who was pushing her video game being unfaithful with the people who were writing reviews to help sell that game.
Except he never wrote a review, and the game was free.

Technically that is true. But can you honestly say that it doesn't seem odd that in two articles, Quinn's game was mentioned prominently out of around 50 titles by two editors who were allegedly in a relationship with her? And that simply because her game happened to be free that this dubious promotion doesn't serve to advance her career? Not even an appearance of impropriety?

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2014, 22:16.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Announced
5. Re: Total War: ATTILA Announced Sep 25, 2014, 21:36 Prez

I LOVE the Total War series as much as anyone but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find this revelation a little disappointing...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2014, 10:47 Prez

I find this article reprehensible. Hiding the names of the authors simply because they are female (melodramatic much?) is just another thinly veiled attack on gamers as misogynist neanderthals. I still tried reading the words of the supposed developers but I just couldn't take it anymore after the third one. Between making the whole thing about misogyny AGAIN when it is not, and spewing such melodrama as to belong on a daytime soap opera is too much for me to take. I call bullshit on this whole piece of tripe they are calling an article. I really need to learn to stop giving these classless unscrupulous fucks in the gaming press the clicks.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 24, 2014, 15:30 Prez

Here's hoping Chick beats his cancer. He's a great writer; I've always enjoyed his work.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2014, 15:27 Prez

The loss of Firefly is still painful to me.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ancient Space Released
3. Re: Ancient Space Released Sep 24, 2014, 12:06 Prez

Looks fantastic for a budget game. Hopefully Strategy Informer reviews it soon.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
60. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 08:02 Prez

I don't know if Blizzard developers work on one project at a time or multiple projects at once, but imagine if you worked on a project every day for 7 years and then it just gets canceled and all that work was for nothing. That has got to be soul-crushing.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
51. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 23:44 Prez

Redmask wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 15:57:
Maybe they can get back to making some singleplayer games again.

Who am I kidding?

They could still maybe do more with Starcraft, but I think Blizzard has been playing it way too safe for way too long. Enough with the old franchises and milked-to-death MMO's - make something new and fresh. Unless being part of Activision has totally lobotomized them there should still be SOME creative genius left at Blizzard.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
29. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 23, 2014, 05:27 Prez

Personally I like most of the changes, but I think the only way Steam can please everyone is by making the storefront (and the library and community pages too) customizeable by the user. This way everyone can set up their page the way they prefer.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

12808 Comments. 641 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo