Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12448 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evolve in October
18. Re: Evolve in October May 23, 2014, 07:55 Prez

Isnt that the case with every multiplayer game though??

Definitely, at least to one extent or another. In a team game like Battlefield if half the players on your team are douches you can still conceivably have a good match if the remaining players play together well. But if the one team consists of one player as in Evolve and the player decides it would be fun to hide in one corner of the map so the other team can't find him then that pretty much ruins the whole match. I guess they can put in guards against this sort of thing.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve in October
16. Re: Evolve in October May 23, 2014, 06:21 Prez

It seems like this concept is too reliant on other players to be at all consistently fun. L4D had that to an extent but this takes it a lot further. If the person playing the monster is an idiot or is a griefer matches are going to be dull as dishwater. And last time I checked the gaming community has no shortages of idiots and griefers.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
38. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 23, 2014, 05:38 Prez

Creston wrote on May 22, 2014, 11:15:
It's like they've finally figured out that people play Diablo for the fun of finding more loot!

(as opposed to their initial thought of... I dunno? The awesome story or something?)

I give your sarcasm one congratulatory wank!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development?
32. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 05:31 Prez

"I think it's kind of public knowledge that people know that it is being worked on,..."

Is it? How would it be? How do we know everyone at Valve isn't working on completely unrelated stuff? They aren't exactly the most forthcoming company. There hasn't been a damn word has been said about HL3 in several years now - anyone could be forgiven for thinking Valve has moved on to greener pastures after all this time.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Crytek Announces Arena of Fate
30. Re: Crytek Announces Arena of Fate May 22, 2014, 23:24 Prez

Wow, this sounds... boring as hell.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
13. Re: Evening Mobilization May 22, 2014, 22:45 Prez

Mr. Tact wrote on May 22, 2014, 13:32:
Thanks, but I have enough "sweetness and light" in my life without LSD.

Let me just have my weekly joint is all I ask.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization May 21, 2014, 22:24 Prez

Scary vaginas are scary!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
6. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 20, 2014, 09:23 Prez

It's an impressive list of improvements to be sure, but the game never should have been shipped needing so many. "Improved" joystick support for a PC space flight game???? How many months after shipping? That's just sorry Egosoft.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
42. Re: Steam Top 10 May 19, 2014, 07:04 Prez

I would REALLY love you to name a game that out-minecraft's Minecraft. Just one. Something with destructible terrain, multiplayer, the amount of content and player agency. If there is a game that surpasses it and makes it look terrible x2 I will apologise to you right here.

If you were talking cultural phenomenon status I would say the only franchises that come close to Minecraft would be the Sims or World of Warcraft. What Minecraft does better than any other game is it engages not so much "gamers" (though I know a bunch of them who still play) but entices the imaginations of the "creators", the "tinkerers", and many other of traditionally non-gamer types by being every bit as much of a toy and imagination sandbox as game.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2014, 00:21 Prez

What is this "soap" you speak of?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2014, 21:37 Prez

I don't understand why people insist on buying Early Access. There are so many ACTUALLY COMPLETE games out.

And I don't understand why people don't get that they have a choice to ignore the early access games until they ship final releases. Nor do I understand why people can't see that Early Access is just Kickstarter with the bonus of having something to actually play around with until the game ships properly AND having more control over development. These are good,good things in my opinion.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
36. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 07:42 Prez

Most likely more fun than most of you have had outside of your grandma's basement when she surprised you with twinkies and hot pockets...

Stopped reading there. If you want to fanboy that's cool, but there's no need to be an ass about it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

24. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 17, 2014, 23:31 Prez

Thank you!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 17, 2014, 23:27 Prez

I haven't put so much as a penny towards this yet, so it isn't MY 50 million bucks. I'll put 40 bucks out if and when the thing ships and isn't a complete train wreck. If that makes me an ex-star wars geek wannabe who has never had sex then okay. Kinda wondering where my son and daughter came from though...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2014, 21:57 Prez

Man drives 40,000 miles a year saving dogs from 'kill shelters'

I wish there was 10,000 more people like this guy. I would gladly be one of them if I was independently wealthy or could garner enough corporate sponsorships to do so.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 17, 2014, 21:46 Prez

What bothers me the most is that companies like the execrable Comcast can supplement their lost revenues by milking the companies that consumers are switching to, like Netflix and the whole charging through the nose for a non-choppy user experience. Where the hell is the FCC???  

- Mahatma Gandhi

39. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2014, 21:41 Prez

Mr. Tact wrote on May 17, 2014, 11:19:

I'd love to hear an intelligent, well moderated debate on the subject. That seems unlikely to happen -- people on the extremes of both sides seem to be overstating their cases. I've seen arguments on either side eviscerated.

What you wrote here can be said about almost any politically-charged topic. Personally I'm skeptical of the global warming hysteria - it smacks of the same kind fear-mongering that led us to getting the Patriot Act and the unprecedented privacy invasion of the NSA. Being scientifically-minded myself it seems pretty undeniable that there is some level of warming going on, but giving the woefully inadequate amount of meaningful data (in an ecosystem as complex and old as ours our current data set is infinitesimally small) and lack of acceptably accurate climate models, saying we can accurately predict the level and extent of future climate change is beyond dubious to me. That's not even mentioning how skeptical I am of the science that attributes the lion's share of the warming to anthropomorphic causes when there is zero data sets to compare to (no baseline to illustrate what the climate would be doing without the presence of humanity under the current ecological conditions.)

This comment was edited on May 17, 2014, 21:52.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition
41. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 16, 2014, 23:48 Prez

Mad Max RW wrote on May 15, 2014, 12:41:
jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2014, 13:11:

True, but this game particularly has a bunch of people that really hate it, and a strong core of people who really love it. That kind of polarization is unusual. For example, you don't see people who say "I LOVE Rage!" or "I ADORE Duke Nukem Forever!"

So I take it you never visited the Gearbox and Bethesda forums? There's even people who love Colonial Marines and swear everybody else is crazy. No matter how terrible something is there will always be a crowd of whiteknights ready to defend it.

I think he meant here on Blues specifically, in which case he has a point.

Beamer wrote on May 14, 2014, 12:13:

How many games get demos these days?

Not many. It's not the glaring neon-red sign some people living in the 1990s think it is.

Yet oddly enough some companies are still releasing demos. Many are indies, which is another reason I think that the indie scene is so highly regarded by your average jaded, grumpy ole fart gamer like myself.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted
33. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 16, 2014, 23:44 Prez

jdreyer wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:45:
Task wrote on May 13, 2014, 09:02:
jesus h rockstar, finally? they would make a killing off this from pc gamers.

I agree, but they're not exactly lacking in cash. Did you see the GTAV sales numbers?

"Meh, we don't want any more money; we've got enough"

-said no corporation ever!

- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 23:41 Prez

Creston wrote on May 16, 2014, 17:18:
mag wrote on May 16, 2014, 16:26:
There is a large Californian desalinization plant that was built during the last long drought that was mothballed when the drought abruptly ended. Last I heard was that they're working on getting it set to run.

That's good, but obviously only a solution for California. The entire US needs to prepare for a "what if".
I was in the submarine force and all of our water came from an evaporator about the size of car (just a REALLY tall one). It ran almost constantly but with proper conservation aboard ship (no 30 minute "Hollywood" showers) we had enough potable water for 160+ guys on a six month deployment. It seems to me that this simple and relatively inexpensive system could be adapted for larger commercial use failry easily. The biggest problem would be getting people to conserve, since they don't have to follow captains orders.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12448 Comments. 623 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo