Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12512 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 11:10 Prez

Beamer wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:33:
SS wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:40:
Anita Sarkeesian is one cute little cupcake.

Proving the point.

I have to ask, how exactly? I just don't see how calling a cute girl a "cute little cupcake" in a forum is in any way demeaning, much less misogynist. And please don't answer "that's because you aren't a woman" which is both inherently obvious and a copout.

And the misogynist things people say in respone to stuff like this is largely to simply get a rise out of people like yourself; very few people if any actually mean it. It's called "joking".

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 17, 2014, 21:16 Prez

HBO Go is available on Roku, but I can't watch HBO Go without a subscription to HBO,

Which kinda makes sense...? They really should just allow you to get HBO Go on its own, for the same fee as HBO, and I have no idea why they don't. (Actually, I do. It's because the TV conglomerates force them to, as they know full well that a ton more people would cut the cord if HBO was easily available elsewhere.)

That's the thing though. I am willing to pay HBO 5-10 bucks a month for their programming BY ITSELF and I suspect many others like me are as well. I'm not willing to pay 60-80 bucks a month for a cable subscription just to access it. Amazon Instant video does admittedly make it easy to get the episodes, so I'll concede that point.

My main point is that it should be a entertainment company's main goal to give as few reasons to pirate as possible. Self-entitled shits will always pirate, but making a concerted effort to limit spontaneous piracy ought to be job one for comapnies like HBO; I suspect it would pay off pretty handsomely for them.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Game of Thrones series 4 finale sets new online piracy record Jun 17, 2014, 14:51 Prez

Creston wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 13:41:

You can either subscribe to HBO, which as far as I know is available on literally every single telcom/satellite provider, or you can buy it on DVD/Blu-ray afterward (which is what I do.)

Not sure how much fairer or easier it needs to get? I'm sure there are some countries where it's not being aired, and I have no problem with people in those countries pirating it, but every single jacktard who pirates it in the US is just a cheap motherfucking asshole.

Personally I choose to wait, but honestly I'm not sure how being told that you have to spend 60-80 bucks a month for the minimum cable package containing HBO (because it sure as hell isn't included in basic cable) just to watch one show is either fair or easy. I will never again subscribe to cable or sateliite. HBO Go is available on Roku, but I can't watch HBO Go without a subscription to HBO, which I can't get without paying for a billion other shitty channels I will never ever watch. Fair and easy? Pfft. They are throwing away money - people like me would gladly subscribe to HBO for a reasonable price per month to watch their programming, but they won't do it. Lot's of people pirate instead. They could cut those piracy numbers drastically just by adapting to 21st century content delivery norms.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 10:02 Prez

Rangers got a win! A 3 games to 1 deficit is far from insurmountable, as the Rangers themselves proved against the Pittsburgh. Hell, Los Angeles are only where they are at because they themselves overcame a 3-games-to-none deficit against San Jose. Regardless of what happens the rest of the series, I'm proud of my boys in Blue; they've had a great season.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
69. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 12, 2014, 13:19 Prez

No one would know Lara today if the game she was in wasn't fantastic. The ironic thing is that when Tomb Raider first arrived on the scene and started getting all sorts of attention, it was often described by reviewers as the Indiana Jones game we had all been waiting for, and Indy is very much a male protagonist. There wasn't much sexy about the jaggy, pointy, 800x600 resolution Lara that was in the first Tomb Raider.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 4
1. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 4 Jun 11, 2014, 22:56 Prez

Will Linux Ever Be Regarded as an Equal to Windows and Consoles at E3?

No.

- Mahatma Gandhi

30. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 13:34 Prez

If given a choice of gender I always play a guy but I have had some great gaming moments playing as a female protagonist. Cate Archer was one of the most interesting and awesome game protagonists ever and she was a classy and sexy female.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2014, 13:28 Prez

PHJF wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 11:30:
I can't drink diet versions of beverages I grew up consuming the regular versions of, but I've found some palatable diet drinks. Cherry 7up and cherry pepsi are my favorites.

You know those computerized soda machines showing up at places like Burger King? I made a Cherry Coke Zero at one that was the best damn soda I ever drank!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jun 11, 2014, 13:25 Prez

Regardless, this is another useless clickbait article.

Yep. No way I'm giving these idiots the attention they crave.

- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2014, 10:12 Prez

I drink diet soda because it doesn't have the overwhelming sweet flavor that regular soda does for me. I like candy, but I don't want to drink it. Drinking regular soda is like drinking candy for me.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2014, 09:47 Prez

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:23:
Kinda bummed there was no Fallout 4 announcement

E3 is over already?

Here's Why Soda Is Even More Unhealthy Than You Thought.

Aspartame FTW!

- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 09:45 Prez

Misogynists!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 3
18. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 3 Jun 11, 2014, 07:43 Prez

DangerDog wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 01:53:
she should be more happy about Sims 4, I understand the kitchens you can build are amazing!

LOL! We are overdue for some white-knighting for sure now.

Seriously though, while I agree it would be better if women were better represented in gaming, both in games themselves and in the business side, it gets SUPREMELY annoying to have some tool pointing out the numbers every single fucking time. Was there a shortage of black presenters? What about transgender Trinidadian presenters? This stupid, pointless exercise can be carried to ridiculous extremes ad nauseum. Give it a friggin' rest already.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 07:51.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2014, 09:41 Prez

Ubisoft holding back an unannounced, finished Wii U game until console sells more.

Obviously they don't think it's a system seller!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Announced
7. Re: Dead Island 2 Announced Jun 10, 2014, 09:39 Prez

What about Dying Light? How many first person open world melee combat zombie games are they making exactly?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2014, 12:26 Prez

Classy. Make millions of bucks off selling an incomplete version of Minecraft, which took roughly five years to actually reach an actual release candidate, then complain at the other guys doing the same thing?

Exactly what I thought. I used to kind of like notch for his cavalier, lone wolf attitude but now I think he's just another hypocritical douche.

- Mahatma Gandhi

24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2014, 12:21 Prez

I have to say that had I been in his situation I am fairly certain I would have done everything he did, including running. The U.S. government has become something to be feared, which is sad.

I wholly reject the notion that he is in any way a coward; a coward would have seen the shit the government was doing and said nothing, or rationalized it away.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer
6. Re: Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer Jun 9, 2014, 12:13 Prez

Gib007 wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 11:48:
I loved Battlezone I and II myself. Indeed there has been nothing to replace it thus far, but it something did, or if they even made Battlezone III, everyone would think it was crap and the original was better. The market today is saturated and there's always the "sequel sucks" psychology.

I'd play it unless it was absolutely nothing like the original. I'm still waiting for a decent sale to buy the new Thief despite all of the complaining that it's too different.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 9, 2014, 10:02 Prez

Jerykk wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 00:21:

The issue isn't so much about quantity but quality. Sure, MMOs technically offer hundreds (perhaps thousands) of hours of gameplay but how much of that gameplay is actually enjoyable? ...

For me almost none of it. I slog through the occasional MMO to be social, but rarely is it anything but a chore.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer
1. Re: Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer Jun 9, 2014, 09:59 Prez

Never tried mulitplayer, but I played BZ2 for years after it was dead - fun game, and there really hasn't been anything like it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

12512 Comments. 626 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo