Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12812 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
7. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 09:58 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 09:22:
I think Blue should only report every 10 million increase because otherwise we'll have SC updates every second day.

Well who can blame him - they make great reads! I love the snide but clever comments that the daily Star Citizen thread brings with it. A SC post just seems to bring out the best in the Bluesnews community.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
7. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 09:55 Prez

How many times has DICE said this sort of thing with a buggy release? It seems they keep doing it regardless.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: etc., etc. Oct 8, 2014, 08:30 Prez

Julio wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 21:05:
Redmask wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 20:51:
Watch Anita Sarkeesian

Hahaha not fucking likely.

Nice. Her 15 minutes are up.

I want to watch just to see if it is actual slander she is "facing down" or just the social justice warrior definition of "slander", i.e. proving her wrong with, you know, actual facts. But I just can't - seeing her will just ruin my day, as will reading the spin by whatever corrupt activist media outlet is championing her bullshit this time.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
34. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 8, 2014, 08:13 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 22:32:
Prez wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 16:11:
I highly doubt I would notice the difference between 900p and 1080p on a TV, but I am pretty sure I would notice the difference between 60 and 30fps.

It's funny, but I'm the opposite. I don't really notice lower frame rates as much as lower resolution.

Maybe it's a difference in the way our brains process stuff? I am one of those people who can't watch 3D because I get a headache and eye strain trying to process it. The majority of people have no issue with it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
37. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 08:07 Prez

This is the problem with media. Everyone is so desperate to be "first" (or at least not "late"), that being correct is often relegated to an ancillary concern. Is putting out your review the same time as 20 other publications/websites a week before a game's release somehow advantageous as compared to putting out a review a week after its release? I just don't see it as such. Yet you hear stuff about this crap all the time. Of course, you never really know who (if anyone) is succumbing to the pressure to alter their content and get the "scoop" - the same scoop that 20 other outlets are getting at the same time. That's a big reason why the media outlets I prefer are the ones who are never in the initial batch of reviews for new releases.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Oct 7, 2014, 16:50 Prez

It’s time for video game journalists to engage with #GamerGate, however difficult that may be. Even if this hashtag fades into oblivion, the mistrust and toxicity between game writers and their readers will persist. And that’s not healthy for this industry.

Actually it's only unhealthy for the gaming press. It doesn't really affect the industry, and it doesn't hurt gamers. Let them continue to be toxic towards their audience; it will just mean their end that much sooner. As far as the rest of the discussion, yeah I'm burnt out. I can only refute the continuing fallacies and point out the obvious misdirections of social justice warriors so many times before I get worn down. But any way you slice it Leigh Alexander is a worthless sack of shit.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2014, 16:11 Prez

I highly doubt I would notice the difference between 900p and 1080p on a TV, but I am pretty sure I would notice the difference between 60 and 30fps.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 12:20 Prez

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 10:39:
Sorry but wireless mice are not really mice.

Yeah - how could it be a mouse without a tail?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation
10. Re: DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation Oct 7, 2014, 12:14 Prez

It didn't help their cause that their servers are so unreliable. I spent 4 hours building rocket engines on a small moon to use it as a giant intergalactic planet-crushing missile only to have the server die and disconnect me about a cunt hair before impact. It was soul crushing!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation
2. Re: DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation Oct 7, 2014, 10:22 Prez

Yeah, this is highly welcome. I don't play it much (except coop over the net) because of the always online garbage. This wasn't supposed to come this soon according to recent updates, but because of the huge outcry by the community they put it on the fast track. Kudos to them for listening to the community anyway.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 16:08 Prez

It’s highly unlikely that you’ll become infected with Ebola. So what are you so afraid of?

As long as the virus doesn't mutate, there's very little chance of a widespread outbreak in a developed country like the US according to the experts. However, also according to the experts, the longer the African outbreak continues the higher the chance that it will mutate, and such a mutation has a decent chance of making the virus spread easier than it does now, which could potentially be a HUGE problem.

I'm ready for a zombie apocalypse if the mutation is of the "28 Days Later" variety.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 6, 2014, 16:00 Prez

Even within a country like the US, flat doesn't equal fair if you're talking taxes. Yeah, I went there.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
14. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Oct 6, 2014, 15:58 Prez

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 14:50:
Task wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 14:30:
Wake me up when KOTOR 3 non-MMO, non-F2P is announced.

Seconded. Hell make it thirded. No wait, let's really take this up a notch, fourthed!

Well, whatever that leaves me I do it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2014, 12:19 Prez

I really like Strategy Informer reviews. Going to pick up SoM on my next day off.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Oct 5, 2014, 16:15 Prez

I agree that the issue has gotten somewhat convoluted (partially by design on the part of the self-righteous crusaders who like building strawmen then later cutting them down) but I have to agree with Redmask. My fear is that if we don't at least occasionally offer up some significant resistance to the absolute face-palm stupid things the hyprocritical crusading thought police are pushing we may be sorry we didn't later on down the road. Beamer is wrong; they don't just want the occasional game with a strong female lead. They want far more than that, and without someone offering counterpoint to their idiocy, developers and publishers may eventually start listening to them. That's my opinion anyway.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Oct 5, 2014, 14:42 Prez

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 14:20:
"Social Justice Warriors[SJWs] are the new cancer of the internet. They’re a bunch of college-age, American-centric, special snowflakes, who feel the need to dictate anything and everything like self-entitled asshole’s.

Who gave you the position of being the internet police?
Who gave you the right to decide what words are acceptable or unacceptable to use?

Who gave you the right to judge someone’s comedy or content as bad and take it away?

Who gave you the right to constrict someone’s creativity(writing, art), because you think that it’s “problematic”?

To add to that, sjws are the most racist shitholes I’ve ever seen.

You complain about racism all the time, yet you’re the one’s who look at nothing but skin color. It doesn’t matter if a character is intelligent, strong-willed, kind, or helpful. If they’re white you automatically peg them as the devil. Lupita Nyong’o won an oscar for best supporting actress and ALL I saw was people being “so happy that a woman of color won the award”. Because it didn’t matter if Lupita was incredibly talented and nailed the shit out of that role, all you assholes focused on was her skin color.

You reduce everyone down to their sexuality or race or gender, without giving a crap about someone’s actual personality or character.

You lump everyone who isn’t white into a single category(POC).

I’d rather be identified by my race, and along with that it’s heritage, and culture, rather than be called 3 ambiguous letters or words. Do you know how ridiculously offensive it is to call a person someone “of color”? Like we’re somehow different from people who are white? Like we need our own tag to segregate us from white people? YOU ARE MOVING SOCIETY BACKWARDS WITH THIS KIND OF SHIT.

Racism against white people exists; not in the West, but in other parts of the world. White people are not the majority everywhere. You think the world evolves around America? You think every place is as diverse as America?

Go to Africa. Go to the Middle East. Fuck, go to parts of Asia. Open a history book maybe. SJW’s are actually trying to call Irish people POC, when they are WHITE AS SNOW because they can’t stand the fact that white people have been oppressed in history.

POC’s can be racist against other POC’s. My Arabian boss hates Asians. My black grandfather doesn’t like Mexicans.

White people are not Satan reincarnated. POC’s are not angels. Get that through your fucking head.

And stop STOP STOP speaking for other races! You’re only making yourself look stupid and like your suffering from an extreme case of white guilt.

Stop trying to pick apart every TV show/song/movie and look for thing you might deem “problematic”.

Go outside.

Get some air.

Stay off the internet.

Talk to actual people. Because most of you have barely any real-world experience and you will be eaten alive with your ridiculous ideologies.

And before anyone says “Well not all sjw’s are like that”, I am going off of the majority of sjws on tumblr. And if I’ve learned anything from sjw’s, it’s that it’s totally fine to judge and generalize the majority.

( The fact that I have to say that I am a black girl to avoid getting bombarded with comments like “white cishet” just shows how appalling your “movement” has become. )"

- Anon

In a word, AWESOME.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 5, 2014, 14:11 Prez

NKD wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 11:54:
Fuck yeah guys, time for another edition of Morality Score!

This tower defense game scored an 85%. It lost some points because you blow up aliens, and there is some rough language!

Woe be to the immoral heathens who embark upon such a violent and debauched journey!

I never understand why Christ-Centered Gamer gets such scorn. He is providing a service to religious gamers (yes they do exist) who worry about things like violence, profanity, sexual content etc. He isn't preaching to anyone else about what is bad or good.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Oct 5, 2014, 13:54 Prez

NKD wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 13:19:
ASeven wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 12:34:
Whoever was the cunt that made that car bomb threat, I hope he is found and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. These threats help neither side.

And speaking of Leigh Alexander, have a compilation of saying from this SJW woman. Because if anyone can talk about ethics, it surely is she.

Leigh Alexander is an irredeemable piece of shit, there's no doubt about that.

Indeed. Of course now we are misogynists, because only social justice warriors can say something derogatory about a woman and get away with it...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
32. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 5, 2014, 13:46 Prez

A "bitching fee"? Hmmmm...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2014, 13:44 Prez

Could [the Ebola virus] suddenly change itself such that it could be spread through the air?

Like measles, you mean? Luckily that is extremely unlikely. But a mutation that would allow Ebola patients to live a couple of weeks longer is certainly possible and would be advantageous for the virus. But that would allow Ebola patients to infect many, many more people than is currently the case.

But that is just speculation, isn't it?

Certainly. But it is just one of many possible ways the virus could change to spread itself more easily. And it is clear that the virus is mutating.

Okay, that's fuckin' scary.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12812 Comments. 641 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo