Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12412 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2014, 21:41 Prez

Mr. Tact wrote on May 17, 2014, 11:19:

I'd love to hear an intelligent, well moderated debate on the subject. That seems unlikely to happen -- people on the extremes of both sides seem to be overstating their cases. I've seen arguments on either side eviscerated.

What you wrote here can be said about almost any politically-charged topic. Personally I'm skeptical of the global warming hysteria - it smacks of the same kind fear-mongering that led us to getting the Patriot Act and the unprecedented privacy invasion of the NSA. Being scientifically-minded myself it seems pretty undeniable that there is some level of warming going on, but giving the woefully inadequate amount of meaningful data (in an ecosystem as complex and old as ours our current data set is infinitesimally small) and lack of acceptably accurate climate models, saying we can accurately predict the level and extent of future climate change is beyond dubious to me. That's not even mentioning how skeptical I am of the science that attributes the lion's share of the warming to anthropomorphic causes when there is zero data sets to compare to (no baseline to illustrate what the climate would be doing without the presence of humanity under the current ecological conditions.)

This comment was edited on May 17, 2014, 21:52.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition
41. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 16, 2014, 23:48 Prez

Mad Max RW wrote on May 15, 2014, 12:41:
jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2014, 13:11:

True, but this game particularly has a bunch of people that really hate it, and a strong core of people who really love it. That kind of polarization is unusual. For example, you don't see people who say "I LOVE Rage!" or "I ADORE Duke Nukem Forever!"

So I take it you never visited the Gearbox and Bethesda forums? There's even people who love Colonial Marines and swear everybody else is crazy. No matter how terrible something is there will always be a crowd of whiteknights ready to defend it.

I think he meant here on Blues specifically, in which case he has a point.

Beamer wrote on May 14, 2014, 12:13:

How many games get demos these days?

Not many. It's not the glaring neon-red sign some people living in the 1990s think it is.

Yet oddly enough some companies are still releasing demos. Many are indies, which is another reason I think that the indie scene is so highly regarded by your average jaded, grumpy ole fart gamer like myself.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted
33. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 16, 2014, 23:44 Prez

jdreyer wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:45:
Task wrote on May 13, 2014, 09:02:
jesus h rockstar, finally? they would make a killing off this from pc gamers.

I agree, but they're not exactly lacking in cash. Did you see the GTAV sales numbers?

"Meh, we don't want any more money; we've got enough"

-said no corporation ever!

- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 23:41 Prez

Creston wrote on May 16, 2014, 17:18:
mag wrote on May 16, 2014, 16:26:
There is a large Californian desalinization plant that was built during the last long drought that was mothballed when the drought abruptly ended. Last I heard was that they're working on getting it set to run.

That's good, but obviously only a solution for California. The entire US needs to prepare for a "what if".
I was in the submarine force and all of our water came from an evaporator about the size of car (just a REALLY tall one). It ran almost constantly but with proper conservation aboard ship (no 30 minute "Hollywood" showers) we had enough potable water for 160+ guys on a six month deployment. It seems to me that this simple and relatively inexpensive system could be adapted for larger commercial use failry easily. The biggest problem would be getting people to conserve, since they don't have to follow captains orders.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
4. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 16, 2014, 21:42 Prez

A 32% increase in digital segment revenues, which climbed to €195 million, led by digital distribution and sales of additional content (items and DLC). This segment accounted for 19% of the Group’s total sales in 2013-14.

That's good that we will see more Digital Distribution as it is the future, but bad as it means more DLC. I'm not against DLC in theory, but in practice it has largely proven to be of dubious value.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Interceptor Drops a Bombshell
31. Re: Interceptor Drops a Bombshell May 15, 2014, 21:44 Prez

If this was a one-man indie project from a new studio that would still be a bad trailer because it tells us nothing about the game. I like boobies and all, but I have online educational videos for that. I would like some "game" in my game.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - War, the Game
3. Re: War, the Game May 15, 2014, 21:36 Prez

Nominee for most uninspired game title category for the 2014 videogame awards.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Crytek Showing Two New Games at E3
12. Re: Crytek Showing Two New Games at E3 May 15, 2014, 21:35 Prez

nin wrote on May 15, 2014, 10:01:
UPDATE: Cevat announces games are already pirated.

You forgot his forecast of 99 billion sales that will be leeched because of piracy; they will only sell 1 billion because of this.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gone Gold - Watch Dogs
29. Re: Gone Gold - Watch Dogs May 15, 2014, 07:09 Prez

Bah, graphics; Next-gen, current-gen, last-gen... Once graphics pass my own personal threshold of "good enough", I honestly barely notice them once I start playing.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2014, 10:15 Prez

The Rangers better be buying Lundqvist some nice ass gifts because he kept them from being humiliated while their offense was floundering. But they found their offense again, so LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!! Cheerleading  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 23:21 Prez

Green Man Gaming gave me the new XCOM by Firaxis for a $29 pre-order deal, which was a pretty big discount. It took a few months for the game to reach that price again after release iirc. That's about the only reason I'll preorder a game.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 May 11, 2014, 20:33 Prez

Also, I think Prez's Steam account alone is up over 2000.

Well Steam counts games two different ways. In your library list it shows games only - no DLC or expansions unless they are standalone - mine is at 1152 individual games. But added together with expansions and DLC my total items bought off of Steam is around 1900. And yeah, I go outside.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dying Light Delayed
3. Re: Dying Light Delayed May 8, 2014, 20:44 Prez

Strangely I'm still very interested in zombie games if they are done well. State of Decay is one of my favorite games of the year so far, and I'm still very interested in Dying Light.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - PC BloodRayne: Betrayal
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - PC BloodRayne: Betrayal Apr 30, 2014, 21:19 Prez

Hopefully there will be another Uwe Boll movie!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 18:02 Prez

FOX needs to stay out of the Sci-fi business. And the SyFy Channel needs to get back into it...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
96. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 30, 2014, 18:00 Prez

I remember levels like "The Library" (I think) being a nightmare, with you only knowing if you were going the right way because you had new The Flood to fight, and The Flood sucked.

I actually didn't mind the Flood - I thought it was a cool change of pace - but the library was awful because of of the recycled architectured and textures. It could have been SO much better.

- Mahatma Gandhi

89. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 30, 2014, 10:57 Prez

What bothered me about Halo so much was how such a potentially great PC game suffered because of being a console game. The recycled textures (used because of the Xbox's limited memory) were so bad that they had to put arrows on the floor otherwise you wouldn't realize you were heading back the way you came for several minutes because everything looked exactly the same. Otherwise I thought the game was brilliant for its time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 15M
2. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 15M Apr 30, 2014, 10:14 Prez

I don't play Minecraft but I love this success story for exactly the reason Omni mentioned.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

87. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 30, 2014, 10:05 Prez

Why be mad at Bungie? They did what any small game company would do when an industry giant waved a massive check in their faces. Microsoft decided to slight PC gamers, not Bungie.

At this point this decision is probably based on the realization that they really aren't relevant in the PC space any longer as much as anything and it would be dicey to try to bring a new property to the PC at this point. If the game is a huge hit on consoles I would expect that it would make it to PC eventually, barring any exclusivity deals I don't know about of course.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
58. Re: Star Citizen Apr 27, 2014, 08:48 Prez

Tons of bickering, name-calling, and negativity... must be a Star Citizen thread on Bluesnews!

Seriously though while I can understand the reservations people have, it's definitely worth mentioning that Chris Roberts is NOT Peter Molyneux. He delivers what he promises. From what I've seen the game is coming together pretty nicely. The boring videos notwithstanding (ones that he is only putting out because of the unique situation of needing to deliver a continuous stream of updates because of kickstarter), I really am starting to get the sense that this game, while sure to be somewhat of a mess on release - how can a game this ambitious not be? - is going to end being exactly what he said it would eventually. I'm not completely sold yet, but I am far more optimistic than I was a year ago.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12412 Comments. 621 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo