Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12917 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 1, 2014, 00:25 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 16:26:
Also it was probably hurt slightly by all of those negative greenpeace reviews.

Yeah, that was bizarre.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 31, 2014, 15:13 Prez

I can live without Google as well but most people won't touch a phone without Googleplay. To me that was a bigger detriment than the price.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancelled
25. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 15:09 Prez

For them to feel it was so bad that it would do more harm then good to release it for 10 bucks on Steam must mean either it was really bad or Bethesda made a really lame decision. If it was going to earn them back the reputation for releasing buggy unfinished games I can see it, but otherwise it seems dumb to not get at least some of their huge investment back by releasing it cheaply.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2014, 15:15.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
43. Re: etc., etc. Oct 31, 2014, 15:02 Prez

So the lives of the women this mentally ill shooter killed mattered more than thev lives of the men he killed because he hated women? That's what I am hearing when you guys are so adamant about him being misogynist. Society did not make this guy or condition him to do it, his menatl health issues did. Honestly, I really never will understand feminism crusaders. Is there anything you WON'T spin to fit your narrative?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: etc., etc. Oct 31, 2014, 08:53 Prez

NKD wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 01:38:
Will you people stop responding to that worm? Pretty please? Has he ever done anything except be an enormous douchebag and asshole who seemingly crawled out of the ground just for Gamergate? No. So why dignify anything he says with a response? Let's get back on topic.

Yeah - I always give people the benefits of the doubt for way too long.

- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: etc., etc. Oct 31, 2014, 08:51 Prez

Squirmer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 01:26:

If you want to ignore how Gamergate is actually being perceived outside of your subreddits and your multiple-of-4-chans, that's up to you.

No, I just want to ignore condescending, self-righteous, pompous know-it-all's like yourself. Good riddance troll.

- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: etc., etc. Oct 30, 2014, 23:55 Prez

Squirmer wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 23:19:
Are you guys actually aware that literally everyone outside of Gamergate circles considers the "movement" a pathetic joke full of asshole manbabies?

The line "actually it's about ethics in game journalism" is a running joke right now, even among people who have no investment in or knowledge of videogames. No one is buying your bullshit.

Face it guys, you've lost. Terribly. It's been a fucking disaster for you. Everyone else sees "gamers" like you as pathetic misogynistic dickheads. You've fucked this up so badly it's actually unbelieveable.

The only running joke on this board is that you actually think you are objective or some kind of authority on this subject. I can't think of anyone on this board whose opinion matters less to me. Your arrogance in thinking that you somehow speak for everybody is downright hysterical. My God, get over yourself already and go troll somewhere else.

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: etc., etc. Oct 30, 2014, 22:53 Prez

She is right. Companies should start speaking out about Gamergate. Like how it started because she is a liar and a hypocrite, and how she was able to manipulate the press into keeping negative (but factual) stories about her quiet. How about speaking out about how she hijacked an innocent contest for women developers, destroyed it, and made it about her being a victim when in truth she victimized someone else? How the press ignored the facts and abandoned all impartiality and took her side despite the evidence that she was in the wrong?

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2014, 22:58.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
50. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 16:46 Prez

We haven't had a good troll around here in a while. Unless the ones we do have are so good that we don't realize they are trolling us... Anxious  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
27. Re: Tim Cook: Oct 30, 2014, 16:42 Prez

This SINGLE story pollutes your serene Blues News experience so much that it makes you enraged enough to comment?

People comment on things that don't enrage them too you know. People generally like to discuss things on a discussion forum. Go figure!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
43. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 15:20 Prez

I thought we were past posting individual instances of hatred, intolerance, and general idiocy on both sides, since it proves nothing other than some people are dicks. Which I am pretty sure everyone here knows.

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 15:11:
Why is no one talking about video games and sleep apnea?

LMAO! It says on WebMD that Sleep Apnea is more likely to affect men than women. Sounds very misandrist to me. Discuss.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
40. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 15:04 Prez

So if a bunch of women find that being a part of GG is not harmful, you don't find that to be compelling evidence that it might not be harmful to women? I find that... odd. Note I didn't say that it proves it, but it is evidential. It seems like you are trying very hard to disagree here. Is it because it damages your "GG=Misogyny" narrative? Not trying to be overly provocative, just asking the question.

Again, boiling down the considerable presence of females who are pro-GG to "the select few" sounds quite dismissive and sexist to me.

- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: Tim Cook: Oct 30, 2014, 15:03 Prez

I always find it almost counterproductive to do things like this because it is announced as if it is something that is not normal, which is the biggest cry from the anti-gay crowd. They'll claim it's not normal and unnatural even despite evidence that it occurs naturally in nature. By announcing it like it is something special ( yes I understand it IS for a CEO to be) but announcing it like it is abnormal seems to serve to accentuate the myth that it is abnormal. I'd rather see him show up to the company Christmas party with his partner and have a grand old time and be like, "Yeah, I'm with a dude. So what? Party on bitches". Okay maybe not exactly like that, but you know what I mean.

I get the symbolic nature of what he is doing but I wonder if there is more harm than good in doing it this way.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
37. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 14:33 Prez

NKD wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 14:27:
Interesting stuff here.

Some Gamergate folks tracked down one of the people responsible for a lot of the harassment, doxxing, and threats to Anita. They tried reporting it to the FBI but the FBI said Anita has to report them herself.

So the Gamergate person tweets at Anita telling her they found one of the threat sources and they want to work together to get them busted. Anita blocks/mutes a person reaching out to try and do something concrete and real to stop the harassment.

I don't doubt it. And to be honest, can you blame her? Her exposure (and presumably her future potential "bankability") grows with each threat. Stamping it out early would have meant never being highlighted in Rolling Stone or on Colbert. I'm not implying that she is enjoying the threats - I have been threatened by a mentally unstable person before and it is scary - but I am guessing she views it as a necessary evil in growing her movement. And bank account.

Which is why I think your point about GG only hurting themselves if they really were responsible for the threats is so valid. GG certainly hasn't benefited one iota from them. They have essentially crippled their own movement if it was them.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2014, 14:39.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
35. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 14:23 Prez

NKD wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 14:14:
Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 13:51:
They are the bad guys here, not Sarkeesian.

Precisely. It's not Sarkeesian's job to give equal time to other viewpoints. It would be dishonest of her to support a viewpoint that she doesn't believe in. It's the press's job to look at it from all angles. And they've failed miserably at it.

It's bullshit that the people who are responsible for diverting the discussion away from ethics in gaming journalism turn around and attack Gamergate for having too much non-ethics related talk. What the hell do they expect? They are the ones who caused the problem. They used their platform to completely shift the narrative and derail the conversation.

It's like repeatedly punching someone in the mouth and then asking them why they aren't saying anything.

That is so true. It is hard to have a dialog on what you want to talk about when you are constantly trying to refute irrelevant and baseless but potentially damaging accusations. It is even more aggravating when it starts to seem that it is being done purposely to divert the attention to exactly where it should not be. It's easy to say to ignore it, but when the narrative becomes "why should I listen to you when you are misogynist" how can they talk about anything else? There is nothing more discrediting these days than accusing someone of being racist, homophobic, or misogynist. That's why it irks me when such labels are thrown around so haphazardly. Those words hold a decidedly inordinate amount of power.

- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Tim Cook: Oct 30, 2014, 14:11 Prez

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 12:25:
So now the whole world knows that you like dick, Tim. Who fucking cares. This is 2014. Being gay is about as revealing and controversial as having blonde hair.

Perhaps less interviews about your sexuality and more time spient leading innovation would help the company that you're CEO of stop being iterative and go back to being at least creative.

Ha, I was going to post much the same thing. Although the press tends to take something mentioned in passing and make it THE story instead of whatever he was speaking about in the first place, that doesn't seem to be what happened here. Mostly I just felt like saying that's great Tim, but I don't remember asking.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
32. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 13:51 Prez

Your points are entirely valid, but one sided. You're listening only to the women that you want to, right? That are saying what you want to hear?

I think we all do that to one degree or another, but I honestly do my best to listen and absorb what everyone says. In this case I am just pointing out that it's possible that GG is not misogynist in nature if there is a significant number of women in it. I'm not even claiming it as fact, just saying it is possible.

I do listen to what people are saying against GG and agree in places, but overall their methods seem to be focused on discrediting the organization rather than refuting anything it says which always throws up red flags for me. Granted, it is hard sometimes to pick out the message in the sea of noise, so at least some of it is forgivable. I also listened to what Anita Sarkeesian said. Closely. I just ultimately found her argument fell apart when the vast majority of what she claimed to be examples of sexist dehumanization of women in gaming could equally be applied to men. Which to my mind kills her message. It became very hard for me to listen to the press' side of things because they aren't supposed to take a side (at least ostensibly) but they took hers, and began championing it as weak as it is. That was far more troubling to me than the existence of Anita's crusade itself because of the power they wield, and in fact did wield in an unethical manner at multiple turns. In short, Anita is just misguided and too biased towards one presumption; the press is actively doing unethical and just slimy things. They are the bad guys here, not Sarkeesian.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2014, 13:57.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
27. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 13:32 Prez

UHD wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 13:22:
The only thing it shows is that those individuals don't think it's harmful...

Jesus, that is exactly what I said. How about reading the post before going on the offensive?

No, but it is a clear indication that those type X people in the group don't find your organization harmful to them...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
26. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 13:29 Prez

It would seem that the gaming press is replete with 'third wave' feminists, which brings us back around to what started this mess in the first place.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 12:48 Prez

Those, obviously, are extremes. But just because you have people of X type in your organization doesn't mean your organization is beneficial to X type.

No, but it is a clear indication that those type X people in the group don't find your organization harmful to them, which is compelling evidence that it may not be. No offense, but I would take the word of a women who says being affiliated with Gamergate isn't harmful to women over the words of a guy who is vehemently anti-GG and more importantly isn't, ya know, a woman.

The amount of women I have seen posting pro-GG stuff clearly indicates that they aren't even close to the Nazi-loving Jews you mention. You seem to be going to great lengths in trying to dismiss the women in the group, which sounds kind of sexist to me.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12917 Comments. 646 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo