Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13231 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
56. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 12, 2015, 19:41 Prez

I'm sorry to see this news. I don't think 440K units on PC is anything to sneeze at - those are very good numbers. It sounds like that their expectations were a bit too high despite delivering a quality game.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
125. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 26, 2015, 01:37 Prez

I knew this day would come but I can't say that I'm overjoyed that it finally got here. I have played mods before that made me wish I could donate to the modders, so I'm not *completely* against this, but the cut that I've heard Valve gets here is unacceptable.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
26. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 20:27 Prez

If they can reunite for a game, why can't they reunite for another movie? (One where Shepherd and Wash don't die)  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2015, 14:41 Prez

Just stopping by to say 'hey all' and let everyone know I'm still alive. Going through a nasty divorce at the moment so I have been consumed by bigger worries than saving the princess and sending misogynist tweets to female gamers.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
57. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 16:19 Prez

Screw Half-Life 3. I am so over it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
1. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 09:31 Prez

Well Star Citizen does everything big - big promises, big coffers, big development time - so I am disappointed that the client is only going to be 100GB. Maybe it can be a stretch goal to get it up above a terabyte.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue?
6. Re: Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue? Mar 10, 2015, 22:20 Prez

I am really hoping this is a thing.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
26. Re: etc. Mar 9, 2015, 20:26 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 17:52:
Prez wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 17:36:
I know that I am going to regret this, but wasn't there a near unanimous consensus for years on high cholesterol foods raising your blood cholesterol in the medical field? Until this year anyway, when the latest studies have proven there to be no ascertainable link whatsoever. I'm not saying that the same thing will happen with climate change (specifically anthropomorphic climate change), but it does illustrate that a consensus based on bad or incomplete findings or evidence is still a wrong one. I only question is there enough evidence for such a consensus to be infallible.

Do you have links? I hadn't heard that.

Also, a single new finding doesn't necessarily invalidate decades of other findings. No idea if that's the case in this case or not, just making a point. Often it takes a mountain of research to undo acknowledged existing research.

I am old now so I listen to NPR.
I heard it on the way home from work one day.

And of course it doesn't disprove man-made global warming; I was just using it as an example that what is viewed as consensus among scientists may not necessarily always be true. I only point that out because 10 years ago any doctor claiming that high cholesterol foods don't raise blood cholesterol was considered a hack, but now it turns out that he was right.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Mar 9, 2015, 17:36 Prez

I know that I am going to regret this, but wasn't there a near unanimous consensus for years on high cholesterol foods raising your blood cholesterol in the medical field? Until this year anyway, when the latest studies have proven there to be no ascertainable link whatsoever. I'm not saying that the same thing will happen with climate change (specifically anthropomorphic climate change), but it does illustrate that a consensus based on bad or incomplete findings or evidence is still a wrong one. I only question is there enough evidence for such a consensus to be infallible.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Mar 9, 2015, 17:27 Prez

Now that it is a non-story, it is safe to admit. Coming clean without consequence.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2015, 19:28 Prez

Hey all. I bought a bunch of copies of the latest Borderlands game from GMG and one of the codes gave a friend of mine trouble. Anyway I gave him a different code and I still have this one. When I add it to Steam I get the message that I already own BL the Pre-Sequel which tells me it is a good code. Anybody who wants it can have it. First come first serve obviously. Please courtesy post that you successfully activated it so everyone else knows you got it.

IVBTL-NHY87-YGF7C

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
96. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 01:54 Prez

I'll say this - I really don't want the government in my internet, any more than I wanted the government in my healthcare. That said, the absolutely corrupt and utterly unethical corporations left the government no choice in either case, so I will settle for the lesser of two evils. Corporations in both cases simply would not do the right thing, so they must be made to do the right thing. Don't blame the government for instituting what will turn out to be far from perfect regulations on both the internet and healthcare; rather, blame the corporations for leaving the government no choice by not doing what's right on their own. The money-obsessed douchebags in charge would sell their own mothers for a dime; of course they could not be left to run slipshod over the populace in their blind greed.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Changes
11. Re: Homeworld Remastered Changes Feb 24, 2015, 13:39 Prez

I Shouldn't be as excited as I am about this release, but I can't help it!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 17:49 Prez

Jerykk wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 17:40:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 16:37:
Quinn wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 14:02:
The Evolve guys should really look long and hard at their DLC fuckup. The game was riding the clouds pre-release. PR was doing a good job. Then the DLC announcement arrived with all of its bravado, and the reputation came down like a fat kid trippin'.

It's a shame.
The game is actually real fun.

Meh, there was a lot of skepticism even before the DLC fiasco regarding price, longevity, depth of play, repetition, griefing, "fun factor," etc.

I'll say this though, there's an offline play with bots (and coop with bots filling in) so I'll buy the GOTY version in a couple of years once all the DLC is included. Just don't see the point right now.

Never really understood the point of playing against bots. If you're going to do that, why not just play an actual single-player game? It'll be a better experience in every way.

Because sometimes you want the feel of a multiplayer game but don't want to play with other people. It really isn't any more complicated than that. I would never play BF2 against people for more than an hour before getting utterly frustrated and annoyed but I could play it for a dozen hours in one week against bots. Fuck people.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 16, 2015, 22:18 Prez

I really wish Neyflix could get newer movies without the studios fighting them every step of the way.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

58. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 19:30 Prez

Slick wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 19:18:
i just pre-ordered 5 more copies of GTA V

Well you may have subhuman animal level intelligence for doing that but I say it is worth it if it makes Parker 's head explode Scanners style as I suspect it might.

Edit : I will say on the subject of bad GTA ports that IV ran like an absolute pig due to terrible optimization and it took a while for Rock star to fix it. At first I thought it might just be my PC but PC Gamer verified and ran horribly on top of the line PC's too.

- Mahatma Gandhi

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 19:43 Prez

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 15:48:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 15:23:
I'm just amazed that Total War: Attila is so far down the list, isn't that still considered a AAA franchise?

You'd be surprised... Though I'm not surprised at all that people aren't gobbling up what is basically to Rome 2 what Napoleon was to Empire. Barely a standalone expansion.

I kind if thought it was supposed to be what Barbarian Invasion was to Rome: Total War. The beginning scenario of the main campaign seems extremely similar.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
11. Re: Saturday Interviews Feb 14, 2015, 23:43 Prez

I actually get what he is saying about kickstarter - if you ask for too much and don't make it then you get nothing. Therein lies the problem though, and it's one he created for himself: his reputation is such that almost no one trusts that he will deliver what he says, and therefore I suspect any kickstarter he does will have very limited chance of being successful unless he asks for a relatively small amount. If he couldn't secure funds any other way he ought to have taken that as a strong sign that he really isn't meant for the industry any more. At this point I think it is safe to say that he has burned way too many bridges through lofty promises and underwhelming products. Kickstarter isn't some magic fix for that, and it actually seemingly is serving to accentuate the point that his ship has long since sailed in gaming development.

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2015, 23:50.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
80. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 14:09 Prez

Redmask wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 12:06:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 11:56:
Prez wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 09:56:
As I said in the other thread my feeling is that RPS would never take such a tone with a developer with a major publisher for fear of incurring their wrath and being blacklisted. Molyneux is just an easy target because he can't do anything to them.

True, he got to a place where he could be touched.

No, I don't agree with that. Publishers are held just as accountable by their fans, look no further than the big 3 and their reputation in this area. Peter is not being held to a higher standard nor is he 'an easy target'. He's getting exactly what those companies get from their fans, the difference is that they try to minimize damage with their PR departments.

But you won't see John Walker interviewing someone from EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc with anything close to the level of hostility as he had in the Molyneux interview despite them being just as deserving or in some cases moreso. That was and still is my contention. He gets to be a dick to Molyneux because there won't be any serious consequences.

I don't care that he stuck it to Molyneux - hell the guy sure deserves it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 14, 2015, 13:40 Prez

Hyperion, company behind AmigaOS 4, declared bankrupt.
Good for them! Hyperion are a terrible company! They wiped out New Haven and Moon-shotted Sanctuary, the bastards!

- Mahatma Gandhi

13231 Comments. 662 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo