Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12858 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 23, 2014, 02:05 Prez

Gamers complained that Battlefield 4 crashed, froze, or wouldn't even start.

Whiners.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: Adobe Oct 22, 2014, 20:34 Prez

Creston wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 15:48:
I also very much like that Ars links to a "refute" against the accusation of inethical behavior, and said "refute" is simply an editorial by one guy (an employee of Ars) who is on the GameJournoPro (or what the fuck ever) saying "it's not all of us just deciding what to write on!"

That is what struck me as well. Funny they didn't post "recently rebutted Anna Sarkeesian" videos with a link to Thunderfoot's video editorial. Ars' coverage of this issue has been so slanted that I'm surprised their words stay on the screen.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam
26. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam Oct 22, 2014, 08:01 Prez

DaHauns wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 07:22:
Prez wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:24:
I bought it for $7.50 on a sale a while back, and I regret it. I barely got past the tutorial. Absolutely brutal, punishing game. I know there are people who will say things like "it really isn't that hard" but don't listen to them. It is ridiculous. I am glad there are people out there who enjoy it but unless you possess nearly inhuman reflexes, skill, and patience this masochistic game will only bring you pain.

Well...I'm going out on a limb here - did you try to beat that first BIIIG Boss, Asylum Demon? Yeah, me too. Until I realized that you don't need to - and aren't even supposed to on your first try.

Oh yeah, I spent a good hour trying to kill him the first go round before I figured out you were supposed to run past him, do some stuff, then jump on his back. That second part took another hour, until I wasn't sure that I wasn't supposed to run past him again! When I finally did kill him, the realization set in that it just took me 2 and a half hours to play through what amounts to the tutorial. UGH!!!!

When I got to that island I made the mistake of attacking the dude there, who just kept killing me and killing me. I'd spawn, and BAM! he'd be on me and I'd be dead. I tried apologizing but he wouldn't have it. I finally restarted, got all the way back there, then got my ass handed to me several dozen times by skeletons. I finally just quit, humbled and discouraged.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Hatred Announced
63. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 22, 2014, 05:38 Prez

I hear you Quinn. I'm the guy at the movies who loves seeing people get brutalized 9 ways til Sunday, but cringes in revulsion if anything bad happens to an animal.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Hatred Announced
61. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 22, 2014, 04:40 Prez

Handled correctly I think this game can actually be a decent social commentary. I doubt the developers will utilize that sort of nuance, but even then, could it just be a guilty pleasure that lets people harmlessly blow off some steam after a shitty day. I'm not sure I see anything wrong with that.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
28. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 22, 2014, 04:31 Prez

I've always thought Facebook needed a "STFU" button. And maybe a "Quit Your Friggin' Whining" button. And while I'm at it, how about a "No One Cares Narcissus" button.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 22, 2014, 04:23 Prez

Is it an attempt to cash in on the 'tropes vs women' popularity??

DING DING DING!!!

I don't have problem in the world with it; but the concept seems forced. Maybe the in the actual context of the game it will feel more natural.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 22, 2014, 04:19 Prez

Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 02:50:
...It's ok to acknowledge that woman and men are different. I don't really understand why there is a slant to explain away a gender's characteristics as a fault of media or some other influence rather than just a predisposition possessed by that gender.

EXACTLY. Thank you. While everyone is trying to pinpoint complex reasons for why there are fewer women coders than men, the obvious just seems to elude them.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
27. Re: etc., etc. Oct 22, 2014, 03:59 Prez

Well yeah, but I don't know if you're characterizing the Pinsof thing accurately there...

Neither do I but it sure smells fishy. I am not sure a court would look on what he did very lightly at all.

- Mahatma Gandhi

25. Re: etc., etc. Oct 22, 2014, 03:57 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 03:38:
Squirmer wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 00:52:
It's pretty naive to think that journalists in any field don't communicate with each other though. It's no different with games. Journalists don't care if their corporations are competing, they are still colleagues on an individual level. You don't think all those journalists who sit together at press conferences aren't getting drinks later on and discussing their work?

This naivety about how journalists actually do their jobs is probably one of the reasons why mainstream coverage of gamergate is dismissive of it.

There are a few journalist bars in NYC. After 5 its all newspaper reporters. Yes, they discuss work. The crews in Ferguson all meet for drinks near their hotels and do the same.

Of course they all discuss work - it's what they all share in common. The same way I can discuss my military service with other veterans. That doesn't mean there aren't forbidden interactions I need to avoid considering I had a Secret clearance and many people I talk about my service with do not. Journalists are very aware that there are unethical interactions they can be having with their colleagues.

- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: etc., etc. Oct 22, 2014, 00:59 Prez

If it were found that journos from USAToday, CNN, MSNBC, and other mainstream media outlest were colluding about which stories to run and which to ignore, as well as which journos to not hire, it would be a big scandal, worthy of lead stories for quite a while. It may or may not actually be going on but outing it would be HUGE. Colluding to deceive and colluding to blacklist people is not sitting down to drinks after work.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam
24. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam Oct 21, 2014, 22:11 Prez

mag wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 18:12:
Prez wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:24:
nin wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 09:42:
I'd almost be tempted try this, but I doubt I'd enjoy their idea of "fun".

Maybe for $5 one day...

I bought it for $7.50 on a sale a while back, and I regret it. I barely got past the tutorial. Absolutely brutal, punishing game. I know there are people who will say things like "it really isn't that hard" but don't listen to them. It is ridiculous. I am glad there are people out there who enjoy it but unless you possess nearly inhuman reflexes, skill, and patience this masochistic game will only bring you pain.

It really isn't that hard.

Wall

- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 21, 2014, 22:07 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 21:51:
nin wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 21:17:
Did you know Matthew Broderick killed a couple of people years ago? I'd never heard of it until recently...

I remember when that happened. Drunk driving, wasn't it?

And he went to prison for 10 years for manslaughter. Oh, wait. No, no he didn't. He paid $175 and that was it.

And that was before the "Afluenza" defense.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: etc., etc. Oct 21, 2014, 21:52 Prez

I see nothing wrong with exposing a scammer; I wouldn't have fired him.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Free & Paid Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC
6. Re: Free & Paid Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Oct 21, 2014, 21:43 Prez

This is my GOTY easily - I knew I would like it going in but I ended up LOVING it. No boredom here - it was a thrill a minute right up until the very end for me. The new DLC isn't enough to pull me back in just yet. I'll probably replay it but not until after Christmas.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 21, 2014, 21:41 Prez

Well that is an... interesting theory. Movingalong  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 21:36 Prez

If I can have everything CBS ever done, $6 a month isn't bad.

Yep. There are quite a few shows from CBS that are not available on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. Include them all and we'll see.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 21, 2014, 21:32 Prez

How misandrist.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
27. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 20:23 Prez

panbient wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 18:47:
Prez wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:58:
Off topic but Death Magnetic was far and away the best thing they had put out since ...And Justice For All. Had they actually made the guitars sound less like they were played through a $75 Gorilla amp, it would have almost been on the level with their epic 3...

Did you happen to download the uncompressed version of the album from Guitar Hero? I know it seems ridiculous but it sounds substantially better than the actual disc released for commercial sale.

I hadn't heard - I will take a listen!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
25. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 16:58 Prez

Off topic but Death Magnetic was far and away the best thing they had put out since ...And Justice For All. Had they actually made the guitars sound less like they were played through a $75 Gorilla amp, it would have almost been on the level with their epic 3...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

12858 Comments. 643 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo