Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin

Real Name Kevin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname |RaptoR|
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 257542
Description
Homepage http://www.andersonzone.com
Signed On May 22, 2003, 22:47
Total Comments 217 (Novice)
User ID 17169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Strife Open Beta
4. Re: Strife Open Beta Aug 30, 2014, 05:10 |RaptoR|

I remember playing what I thought was a demo of Strife I downloaded from AOL. Once I beat it, I knew I had to have the full game. Was obsessed. Saved EVERY single lawn mowing paycheck until I finally had enough, then begged my parents to drive me to Babbages. We lived in Radcliff, Kentucky and Babbages was in Louisville, about an hour away.

We made the trip, I got my copy of the game in that glorious green box, and as soon as I got home I installed it and marathoned it.

And realized that the game I had downloaded from AOL was the entire thing, and I had already experienced the entire game.

That disappointment was fierce, but in the end I am glad I paid for the enjoyment it brought. Such a great game

edit: watched a good bit of Strife today at PAX, looks interesting enough to give the open beta a try. downloading now

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
20. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 17, 2014, 00:06 |RaptoR|

you looked right over my entire point... as per typical bluesnews poster. I never even advocated for the game, but damn you all are posting like entitled little children.

there hasn't been a single story in the past year that had a positive reaction from the bluesnews community. I challenge you to find one that isn't an Out of the Blue post.

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
17. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 21:20 |RaptoR|

Clicking on a comment thread on bluesnews is akin to wading into a cesspit voluntarily. You all are some negative motherfuckers, for serious  

News Comments > Boss Key Staffs Up
5. Re: Boss Key Staffs Up Jul 24, 2014, 02:58 |RaptoR|

NKD wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 18:15:
Oh Cliffy B.

Fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... can't get fooled again.

Why is it so cool to hate this guy? What bowl of cheerios did he spunk in?

I've enjoyed every single game credited to him. The original Unreal still is in my top 10 of all time. Gears of War was great unless you got hung up on the whole console exclusivity thing.

Just don't get it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 22, 2014, 01:23 |RaptoR|

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 22:09:
PropheT wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 22:03:
Destiny went from being a game I knew absolutely nothing about to a pre-purchased obsession after playing it this past weekend. I was just about to hit the level cap for the beta on my third character when the servers went down last night

I don't even usually like console shooters, but there's something really addictive about it.

Totally agree. It didn't really all click into place for me until Saturday, and then I was totally hooked. I'm going into withdrawal today, and the break between when the beta ends and Sept is going to feel like forever.

I thought I liked the lock, from the alpha, but this time I'm totally hooked on the hunter.

Throwing your knife into someone is one of the most satisfying things. Definitely going Hunter

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 23:08 |RaptoR|

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 23:04:
nin wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 22:26:
|RaptoR| wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 22:22:
I played the Destiny alpha, and I came away impressed. It was an enjoyable game. Preordered after the alpha, was on the fence beforehand. I wish it would come to the PC, but it's the first game my PS4 has gotten any action from that wasn't TowerFall.

Oh, and my PS4 died during the alpha. Had to roll out and buy a replacement, which died as well. Still have my launch day 360 for all the hubbub about that red ring shit, I'm surprised that two fucking PS4s died within a week of each other (conditioned power, too)

Good lord man, what are you doing to them? And each one should come with a one year warranty.

Yeah, you literally cannot own a PS4 yet that isn't covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

http://us.playstation.com/support/warranties/ps4/index.htm

I never said it wasn't covered under warranty (matter of fact, see below -- both are RMA'd). I'm just impatient and bought a second unit to get through the Destiny alpha

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 23:02 |RaptoR|

They're both currently in the RMA process. Sony doesn't cross-ship and I didn't want to miss out on Alpha weekend, so I bought a replacement with the intent of selling to a friend at discount when I got my RMA back :p

As far as what I did, no idea. Great ventilation, one died during an online match of Destiny the other croaked during 4 player TowerFall.

Both had the same symptoms -- powered off, then wouldn't power back on for more than 1-2 seconds at a time. Internet says make sure you're using good power, did all that. Same deal.

On the bright side, I've got a PS4 for the office when the RMAs come back. Never know when you'll need an impromptu towerfall session

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 22:22 |RaptoR|

I played the Destiny alpha, and I came away impressed. It was an enjoyable game. Preordered after the alpha, was on the fence beforehand. I wish it would come to the PC, but it's the first game my PS4 has gotten any action from that wasn't TowerFall.

Oh, and my PS4 died during the alpha. Had to roll out and buy a replacement, which died as well. Still have my launch day 360 for all the hubbub about that red ring shit, I'm surprised that two fucking PS4s died within a week of each other (conditioned power, too)

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 6, 2014, 16:57 |RaptoR|

Mobes, tabs? Jesus that's cringeworthy  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 10
3. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 10 Jun 16, 2014, 12:24 |RaptoR|

It's hard to say whether Sony or Microsoft came out ahead, both made compelling arguments for the futures of their consoles.

But Nintendo? They're so out of touch it's disgusting. They don't even get an honorable mention

News Comments > Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack
1. Re: Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack May 7, 2014, 09:54 |RaptoR|

I've been looking forward to this since pax. Sweet!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 28, 2014, 15:35 |RaptoR|

Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 10:59:
While the ME trilogy is one of my favorite series of all time (actually, as a series it might be THE favorite), is this really all you got, MS? Porting 7/4/2 year old games to the bone?

How is this MS? Bioware owns the franchise, and there was a similar leak about this coming to the PS4 as well.

News Comments > Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves
28. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 27, 2014, 04:06 |RaptoR|

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:47:
|RaptoR| wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:29:
Just curious, but why do you rate it as overpriced and average?

For me, the novelty wore off very quickly, and then there wasn't much substance left to keep me coming back. It's highly overrated, and I have a lot of way more fun games to play right now that don't cost friggin $60.

Oh and then they go and fuck gamers over with $10 DLC that should have been included with the game instead of rushing out a game with less content than the average modern game. Typical EA.

It's not a terrible game, it's just not as great as their hype machine would have you believe.

Appreciate the reply. From what it looks like, they're giving new game modes away for free:

Earlier this month, Zampella confirmed that Respawn was going to add in new content that it wanted to ship at launch but had to put on the back-burner due to time constraints. He made no secret of the shooter’s free DLC, and confirmed that private matches will come for free, and that the game will not implement microtransactions.

The novelty also wore off for me, but it was replaced with fine tuning my play. I'm thoroughly enjoying it still, which is why I asked.

And I also think it feels closer to Unreal Tournament than Call of Duty. Personally had my fill of "tactical" shooters with CS 1.6, and have been jonesing for a more arcade feel to a mainstream shooter.

News Comments > Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves
23. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 26, 2014, 22:29 |RaptoR|

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:17:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:06:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 20:26:
This is genius, actually.

Exactly what I was going to say.

+1 EA for once.

Um.. EA wasn't responsible for this. It was the devs. Fuck EA.

But actually, this is a pretty cool idea. Still won't get me to buy this overpriced, average game, but cool idea nonetheless.

Just curious, but why do you rate it as overpriced and average?

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jan 11, 2014, 18:36 |RaptoR|

Didn't understand the hate. Got into the beta this weekend... yeah this game is going to need some serious rework  

News Comments > Demon Core Revealed
6. Re: Demon Core Revealed Dec 19, 2013, 16:35 |RaptoR|

The real demon core is a pretty crazy story to read about. It claimed the lives of two physicists (Harry Daghlian and Louis Slotin) during the manhattan project and eventually was used in a nuclear warhead test

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_core

News Comments > Strife Closed Beta Underway
4. Re: Strife Closed Beta Underway Dec 18, 2013, 13:06 |RaptoR|

PAX 2013 was full of MOBAs. In a year or two, there'll be a glut of them on the market, and players will continually try and return to League/Dota2  

News Comments > Space Hulk Free Campaign Released
9. Re: Space Hulk Free Campaign Released Oct 7, 2013, 13:40 |RaptoR|

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 09:48:
What I would give for a proper Space Hulk sequel or even a remake/reimagining. A proper PC game though, like the first Space Hulk.

I mean this is a pretty faithful representation of the physical board game, which is what they were aiming for.

I'm a huge fan of the original DOS game, but this version is warming up to me. I just wish they spent a little more time on visuals, because it's not that significant of an upgrade from the DOS version running in dosbox

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Trailer
1. Re: Unreal 4 Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 21:42 |RaptoR|

I read Unreal 4 and was like - fuck! sweet! When did Unreal 3 come out, though?

Then I realized it's Unreal ENGINE 4.

Ah, well.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced
9. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 14:13 |RaptoR|

I loved Space Marine, it was a refreshing AAA look at WH40k. The Space Hulk that was released recently is pretty awesome, but that's because I love the board game and old DOS rendition. Outside of that, it's not a really good title truth be told  

217 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo