Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Adam

Real Name Adam   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ihya
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description legendary.mudskipper@gmail.com
Homepage http://
Signed On May 22, 2003, 15:07
Total Comments 1160 (Pro)
User ID 17162

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Pepsi advert Mar 9, 2004, 12:00 Ihya

Those pepsi ads are indeed UGO, first time I've seen them is today. Quite funny actually, and there's loads of them.

-----------------
He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.

Groucho Marx
--------------------

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Calvinball! Mar 8, 2004, 09:55 Ihya

Bill Watterson seemed like an odd fish - he hated merchandising and only allowed very few products to have Calvin and Hobbes slapped on them. Which in a way I respect him for, especially after some of the tat Scott Adams has allowed (and God's Debris marks him down also). Watterson is God in my book.

Never did get into Peanuts...

-----------------
He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.

Groucho Marx
--------------------

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 09:57.

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow Gold
7. Re: And Blue makes a rare post! Mar 7, 2004, 19:26 Ihya

Oh goody. More stealth game infuriation.

Pah. I loved the original. I found the difficulty balance to be even and just spot on, a rareity in games at times it seems. The story was solid and engaging as well. Plus Michael Ironside is a great voice actor (if only his movies were as good ;P). If the multiplayer lives up to a few of my expectations I'll be happy. If it isn't the next big thing in multiplayer I'll still be over the moon with the single player if it's up to previous standards.

W00t! He posts on a Sunday afternoon.

Now I know Blue played/loved the original so I think this one was too important to leave till monday!

-----------------

Groucho Marx
--------------------

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 19:28.

News Comments > Sacred Gold
17. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2004, 16:14 Ihya

(the above is a lie ment to brain wash you, send all money to:
NNFM c/o David Lee Roth
667 Gully Dr.
64003 Westminster, CA)

still wearing spandex???

-----------------

Groucho Marx
--------------------

21. Smittens Mar 5, 2004, 14:24 Ihya

I thought it was designer wear for Siamese Twins at first

-----------------

Groucho Marx
--------------------

News Comments > Eidos Acquires IO
10. Re: No subject Mar 4, 2004, 15:26 Ihya

Hitman was ok, I personally prefered Freedom Fighters.

Shame it was so short though. Despite the patriotic cheese
this was such a well put together title. I never had any problem with the A.I. (which for such an A.I. reliant game is astounding), nice ragdoll effects, nice gameplay balance, mixing team and solo missions to keep everything varied. Once they get Contracts out of the door I'm hoping they'll revisit the series.

-----------------

Groucho Marx
--------------------

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 2004 Gold
5. Re: No subject Mar 4, 2004, 11:59 Ihya

Can't wait for Onslaught! Whoo!

Now that's what I'm talking about baby!

The one onslaught map was just becoming stale...

-----------------

Groucho Marx
--------------------

News Comments > Dear Diaries
1. No subject Mar 4, 2004, 11:56 Ihya

learning that Blizzard seems to be intentionally impeding progress on Half-Life 2 by giving Valve's Gabe Newell access to the World of WarCraft beta.

...the whole WoW community lights torches and grabs pitchforks...

'The hunt begins...'

-----------------

Groucho Marx
--------------------

News Comments > Eidos Acquires IO
5. Re: Congrats Mar 4, 2004, 11:52 Ihya

The Hitman series wasn't my thing but the game seemed polished, and freedom fighters was great in my book.

Hoping for better and better things out of the Danes...

-----------------

Groucho Marx
--------------------

News Comments > Game Movies
2. Hmm Mar 3, 2004, 20:29 Ihya

The vids are worth a download. Although it was probably quite choreographed gameplay the game still looks cool. If some of the instances you see actually happen in game and are not contrived for the video then it'll be a great new spin on multiplayer fps.

It may be asking of too much teamplay for the average Joe Gamer however, or having to convey orders over mikes *shudders at the thought of having to listen to another 12 year old brat ranting down the mike, like in UT 2004*.

Splinter Cell single player was great as well, perfect difficulty balance, length and looks. Roll on the PC version...

-----------------

Groucho Marx
--------------------

News Comments > Morning Q&As
24. Re: Hmmmm ... Mar 3, 2004, 14:56 Ihya

I'll quit playing games before I feel like I HAVE to buy a console for gaming. Alas my friends, it seems our hobby will go the way of the dinosaur in the next 5 years or so...

Maybe I'll take up golf.

...and one day tell your grandchildren you used to sit at a computer to play games and they'll laugh hysterically at the senile old fogey, before returning to their Microsoft VR headsets that assimilated golf five years after PC gaming's demise, along with sex, religion and Italian food.

-----------------

Groucho Marx
--------------------

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Gold
40. Re: No subject Mar 3, 2004, 06:21 Ihya

So the whole point of the Mantra is to be able to zip around an enemy base jumping on people as they spawn before they can even grab a weapon? Yea ok, not my idea of fun.

Never had this frustration from my many hours on UT2004, apart from at end game when a base is vulnerable, and you go charging in with the old Mantra to blow up the generator. Yes you can run respawning players over if they are not quick. But it hardly makes up a significant percentage of my kills.

I'm no fps God by any stretch of the imagination but the only time I get run over is from behind, during a fire fight on some node (oh, as a newb I was fender fodder for a while!). I can dodge almost anyone trying to mow me down in a vehicle 90 % of the time even with short warning, and, annoyingly, so can everyone else when I'm driving one. A base is more cramped for double jumping out the way but it's more cramped for them too.

Still, that's your experience, this is mine.

-----------------

Groucho Marx
--------------------

21. Re: Leaks Mar 2, 2004, 17:01 Ihya

Hey, congrats to your family!

-----------------
How come we live in a society where it takes only fifteen minutes to have a pizza delivered to your door, but two hours before the cops show up after dialing 911?
--------------------
Ihya

News Comments > Consolidation
2. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2004, 12:22 Ihya

Most amusing I thought.

-----------------
How come we live in a society where it takes only fifteen minutes to have a pizza delivered to your door, but two hours before the cops show up after dialing 911?
--------------------
Ihya

News Comments > Toon Army Announced
12. Re: No subject Mar 1, 2004, 14:22 Ihya

I don't know if you're just trolling or if you're brain is lacking oxygen, what with being so high up on your own moral high ground.

We should make no movies or art about any historical moment where people died then. Scratch all war movies/historical epics. Thank you Einstein for that.

I'm a little confused by your incoherant rant concerning what does or does not give America the right to make movies about WW 2 so I'm not going to bother trying to work it out. Think about displaying knowledge instead of ignorance next time please before you open your yap again, or come back when you're no longer a moody kid with a personal axe to gind.

-----------------
--------------------
Ihya

News Comments > Consolidation - GTA San Andreas Official
2. Re: Anyone remember ... Mar 1, 2004, 11:04 Ihya

Six to eight months or so I thought.

I wonder why Rockstar are holding off multiplayer on their franchise. Rumours suggest it isn't happening with GTA San Andreas, and if Sony wanted about 2 million PS2 owners to hop online there'd be no better way than to make it happen then to include it.

No X Box version either, which brings me no end of happiness. I wonder how much Sony payed for that exclusive development...

-----------------
--------------------
Ihya

News Comments > Stalingrad Announced
1. Hmm Mar 1, 2004, 10:56 Ihya

I was just trying to think about what good RTS games are on the radar for this year or later. Nothing from Blizzard as of yet. The bloke who created TA (Chris whoever) announced a game but that'll be years away. What else?

As far as I'm aware, we're going through something of an RTS drought of late...

-----------------
--------------------
Ihya

9. Re: The Girl Who Feels No Pain Feb 29, 2004, 13:34 Ihya

Cardio's for GIRLS!

This is true. Enahs is indeed a big girly girl. Although...

I remember a friend of mine used to work (for free!) at a dance school. Occasionally he'd even do tap dancing, and other dancing, to which his other friends found much ridicule and amusement. The jibes became incessant...

...then we saw some of his girlfriends from the dance school and people stopped laughing!

-----------------
--------------------
Ihya
This comment was edited on Feb 29, 13:35.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
9. Re: Intermission Feb 28, 2004, 18:04 Ihya

Ice cream! Get your ice cream!

-----------------
--------------------
Ihya

8. Re: Stern Feb 26, 2004, 11:14 Ihya

Today's Media of the Day is a classic

It's up there with the German Forklift Saftey Video! Superb!

-----------------
--------------------
Ihya

1160 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo