Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Adam

Real Name Adam   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ihya
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description legendary.mudskipper@gmail.com
Homepage http://
Signed On May 22, 2003, 15:07
Total Comments 1160 (Pro)
User ID 17162

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Game Revealed
39. No subject May 13, 2007, 04:22 Ihya

Sadly Raven adheres to old gameplay mechanics circa 1998, along with i.d., which is probably one of the reasons they work so well together. They were great in their day, but are sadly lacking when you put them up against current fps's.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Bluejet May 10, 2007, 12:26 Ihya

There is a Bluemobile as well I recall, used to thwart crime and such like.

News Comments > Gold - Shadowrun
9. Re: No subject May 9, 2007, 13:52 Ihya

This is entirely my kind of game. I love multiplayer fps's that have a complex side to them, like Savage for instance. However, that does make them somewhat niche, and adding to that the fact it is vista only makes me worried there will not be much of a user base for this one...

News Comments > World of StarCraft?
13. Re: No subject May 5, 2007, 19:33 Ihya

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Korean voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Seriously, South Korea will ask the north to train their nukes on Blizzard HQ if they fail to deliver Starcraft 2.

This comment was edited on May 5, 19:34.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Goatgate Apr 30, 2007, 17:48 Ihya

What a load of nonsense all this is - as though we don't consume millions of animals every year and this is but a drop in the ocean anyhow. Be sad about things happening in Africa and the Middle East, not this. The controversy publicity it has kicked up with headlines in major UK newspapers will have given the sales a healthy shot in the arm, and as it is an excellent game anyhow, more power to them.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 17:50.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4 Trailer
37. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2007, 13:10 Ihya

If you don't like the ultra scripted nature of this game then tough. The call of duty franchise is what it is. Play something else if on rails shooters are not your thing.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Eight Reasons Why the Xbox 360 Elit Apr 20, 2007, 15:13 Ihya

Surely they should be heading in the 'fun for the masses' appeal Wii market direction, and not the PS3 'multimedia hub that no one wants' market direction?

MS have a hard-on for courting the hardcore gamer, so lots of people who frequent these forums will love the elite and hate the core for the 'percieved crippling' of the 360. But if they want to emulate the Wii's success despite a very scanty software lieup, surely they need to innovate in the 'core' area of the market and not the 'premium' end.

I fear MS focus groups consist of people who put in 20 - 30 hours gaming a week and argue on forums over brand loyalty. Nintendo will waltz past them whilst they are still scratching their heads.

Kind of reminds me how in WW II the Germans had the over engineered and superior Tiger tanks that were beaten by the technically inferior T34s that were thrown together and just swarmed through the enemy by en masse.

P.S. That might sound like I have a Nintendo bias. Actually I am more of a Sony man in my soul.
This comment was edited on Apr 20, 15:29.

News Comments > Morning Tech bits
2. Re: HD-DVD vs BluRay Apr 18, 2007, 12:42 Ihya

God that is the most determined fanboyism I have ever seen.

And I read Joystiq most days.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 12:42.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Regarding Dr Phil Apr 17, 2007, 18:32 Ihya

How does Jack sleep at night knowing he said what he said without possessing even the name of the individual who did this, let alone a breakdown on his mental/social habits...

He just went for as many cheap shots as possible in the four minutes afforded him. Shooting from the hip with his propoganda in top gear, not giving a shit about how he is twisting the sickening truths of this tragedy to his own agenda...

Hey Jack how do you compare a decrease in homicides year on year with the increase in the playstation culture, if your 'murder simulators' are the cause of a new wave of social violence?????

Truly deplorable, but then as with most 'new media' of their time, the previous generation has to go through the fear and uncertainty of the unknown with rabble rousers peddling their two bit denegrations and whipping up a storm over nothing.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 18:37.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Art Assets Exonerated?
14. Re: No subject Apr 16, 2007, 19:24 Ihya

Blue just hopes this means its the last time he is forced to type out S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

News Comments > PC Lost Planet
16. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2007, 11:42 Ihya

God I hate this game. For the following reasons.

1) Piloting unresponsive mechs that walk like they are wading through treacle and have the agility of an arthritic turtle.

2) Whenever you get caught in an explosion you get stunned on the floor, meaning you can get piled on by other things. This is the most unforgiving aspect of the game and makes it incredibly frustrating.

3) Some bosses have ridiculously overpowered attacks that unfairly strip 2/3 of your health with one hit.

4) Olde gameplay mechanic circa 1980's of shoot the glowing weak spot on the beast for massive damage.

5) Utterly incoherant plot. So you expect something pretty shit storywise from a Japanese game but this is just plain terrible.

6) The end boss is not really themed at all with the rest of the game and feels tacked on. Complete let down.

7) Some serious difficulty spikes with the bosses.

8) I persisted to the end out of bloody mindedness (I spent top dollar on it and was really looking forward to it which added to my tolerance of its many many glaring faults) but cannot say I really enjoyed any of it.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 11:44.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: *sigh* Apr 8, 2007, 04:06 Ihya

Threespeech retracted their bioshock comment

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 04:08.

News Comments > Corrections
3. Re: ... Apr 1, 2007, 15:41 Ihya

chalk it up to an april fool's joke

5. Re: Spril Fool's Pranks For Nerds Mar 31, 2007, 15:17 Ihya

Have you ever had a day off Blue?

If so, I cannot remember it...

News Comments > Scott Miller Q&A
12. Re: No subject Mar 21, 2007, 18:10 Ihya

I wish I had a job where I could fail for 10 years and still be employed.

News Comments > Psi-Ops Suit
8. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2007, 03:03 Ihya

I think everyone here has thought up with a really poor film combining psychic abilities with die hard. You are strapping 6 or 7 steriotype concepts together and pleading it was somehow special and your own??

Please...

5. Re: deep vein it'll-kill-ya-osis Mar 14, 2007, 12:28 Ihya

Please call your doctor if you have an erection that lasts for more than four hours.

My doctor looks like a mummified Elizabeth Taylor so she'd almost certainly work.

5. Re: No subject Mar 5, 2007, 13:23 Ihya

I wish people would stop saying how spectacular the eclipse was because

I FELL ASLEEP YOU BASTARDS

There, I feel better now.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
18. Re: No surprise about the PS3 Feb 19, 2007, 06:50 Ihya

Not having online play was a huge mistake for VF5. Huge mistake.

Irrespective of the console, lag makes playing fighting games over the internet a third rate experience.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 06:50.

12. Re: what orbits the earth? Feb 4, 2007, 18:42 Ihya

They should bring back the guillotine for that guy.

And 56% of the audience.

1160 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo