Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Adam

Real Name Adam   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ihya
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description legendary.mudskipper@gmail.com
Homepage http://
Signed On May 22, 2003, 15:07
Total Comments 1160 (Pro)
User ID 17162

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Republic Commando Demo
4. Re: No subject Feb 1, 2005, 13:32 Ihya

So is the force strong in this one?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: www.uweboll.com Feb 1, 2005, 12:54 Ihya

I salute this website!

News Comments > Far Cry Patch
57. Re: Wow Feb 1, 2005, 07:56 Ihya

Wow, I'd call it 60/40 far cry here (or maybe the far cry people are louder). As for HL2 being game of the year, or best fps ever, that's not true to many people. The problem is HL2 had alot more hype baggage with it than Far Cry; some people will defend it with brand loyalty. Probably the opposite was true for me; I was sick of hearing about HL2 so possibly went into it being a little jaded already, pissed with the media circus surrounding the game, whilst Far Cry came out of nowhere for me and hit me like a ton of bricks, without any preformed opinion.

Scripted encounters in games does seem like a gaming conceit that has been with us forever. I think the evolution of games will require them to losen the reigns somewhat in the future. AI will be able to do more and more on the fly that is currently only possible via scripts right now. To the point that scripted events entirely cease to be? I'm not sure. But the regimented scripted nature of HL2 won't be with us for much longer whereas Far Cry games can only become even more open ended... One game is looking into the future (and making a few stumbles in the process) whilst the other is a brilliant jewel, but stuck in the past.

News Comments > Far Cry Patch
31. Re: no storyline Jan 31, 2005, 19:49 Ihya

Far Cry all the way baby! Come on, I wanted to tackle HL2 combine and striders from different angles, try different things on them, but I knew I couldn't stray far from the rails of the amusement ride. It was a glorious movie with limited interaction. Scripted gameplay is a dead end for me; I much prefer to see things that just happen on the fly. And no game made my jaw drop this year as much as standing at the top of a mountain and looking several miles in all directions in far cry and knowing I could go anywhere a real person could reasonably go.

The mutants and voice acting were definate blips on the excellence curve however.

But hey, both pushed the bar upwards so I'm glad for both of them for what they set out to do.

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 19:50.

2. Eh Jan 31, 2005, 09:08 Ihya

Up early today Blue?

I spotted A Lost Hope 2 days ago and boy is it funny, if for no other reason than seing what happens to Jar Jar and the pregnancy test.

'I have been working on this for some time...'
'A boobie?'

News Comments > Sam & Max Still Dead
12. Re: No subject Jan 29, 2005, 17:29 Ihya

I'm shocked and surprised by your rampant cynicism nin. I think we all know that George produces thoughtful and intellectual space opera where characterisation and soul comes first and foremost, and that his visions are born as venus was, pure and sacred, beyond any thoughts of fat checks brought about by merchandise, corporate sponsors and cheap cash in endorsements from his work.

MWAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

What a complete whore he truly is.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
11. Re: Hmm Jan 28, 2005, 06:37 Ihya

It doesn't push gaming onwards to new heights or experiences. It's just a slight twist in an oversaturated genra of games that each have their own slight twists. Out of all the mods (bar the star wars one which was rubbish lol) it was the safest bet for mainstream acceptability. They played it safe on those rules, and won. Congratulations on winning, on aping a done to death, stuck in a rut formula any large publisher would be proud of.

News Comments > Painkiller Patch & Server
3. Re: Mother eFer's !! Jan 28, 2005, 06:16 Ihya

I hate you.

3. Re: JUICE by Tappy! Jan 27, 2005, 10:06 Ihya

Somebodys job was to annoy Monkeys by giving them cucumbers when they were hoping for grapes. I hope their mothers are proud.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. Hmm Jan 27, 2005, 09:58 Ihya

I cannot believe a WW II shooter won the 'Make something Unreal' competition. I thought mods were the last resort of gaming innovation, but here is a loud signal that derivative ideas wins out.

And yes, I have played it and it's isn't anything I can't get elsewhere.

On the spinside, the competition did spawn some good mods that are somewhat different.

5. Re: DOOM Photo Gallery. Jan 25, 2005, 11:15 Ihya

Those Calvin and Hobbes photos are brilliant!

19. Re: FF Trailer Jan 21, 2005, 13:31 Ihya

What is there to dislike in that FF trailer? The Thing is a bit of a 'Man in a rubber suit', but I thought The Hulk looked God awful in CGI and prefer this without a doubt. It's as good as It's gonna get. Having Dr Doom with a mask is always a problem as it can look dorky and the actor cannot emote well, bar with his voice, but we shall see, they hopefully won't use it that much. The CGI looks like it is in place, and as long as there is some humanity to the characters it has every chance of being a success.

News Comments > Expanding the Perimeter
2. Re: What the? Jan 20, 2005, 14:48 Ihya

I thought this went under the category of good game that no one bought rather than suck ass game nobody played?

News Comments > Activision and Vicarious Visions
6. Re: Oh Well Jan 20, 2005, 14:43 Ihya

I was generally unimpressed with most of the games these guys put out. Most of them were bad games that just sold well because they took advantage of a good license. I see why a large publisher wants them.

I think this is the EA mission statement you are quoting there sir.

News Comments > SÖLDNER Add-on Named
15. Re: No subject Jan 19, 2005, 12:42 Ihya

Don't mention the Z word ffs... I'm getting bad flashbacks of it crashing and restarting ad infinitum

31. Re: Enclosure Jan 18, 2005, 13:35 Ihya

Some days, the forums are more Jerry Springer than Blues news

71. Re: Movie ads Jan 17, 2005, 17:21 Ihya

If you are talking about the Orange ads in general Tango, I think they are very funny! A bunch of execs hacking good scripts to pieces in order to put their products in the film makes me laugh. There have been a few lame ones, but trying to put mobile phones into a period costume drama and changing 'film noir' to a colour that matched the company logo made me chuckle.

31. Re: No subject Jan 17, 2005, 12:17 Ihya

Gunnar = (futurama)Nibbler? I hope not!

30. Re: No subject Jan 17, 2005, 12:14 Ihya

FYI the CNN article on this nail in the brain says this

"This is the second one we've seen in this hospital where the person was injured by the nail gun and didn't actually realize the nail had been imbedded in their skull," neurosurgeon Sean Markey told KUSA-TV in Denver. "But it's a pretty rare injury."

So it appears not to be BS, as there is stupidity precedence.

My personal theory is these people don't have much of a brain to hit. I'd like to think if I had a nail in my brain people would notice me being a little 'off'.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 12:15.

10. Re: Jets Jan 16, 2005, 15:50 Ihya

That ghost story reminds me of a joke between 2 old housemates, one of which was doing a PhD in neuroscience where he experimented on rats. My other housemate hid speakers in the cavity behind his bedroom wall and played rat noises when he was asleep, as well as and rat 'voices' begging for their lives and cursing him for killing their brothers. He kept a web journal that was hilarious, freaking out my other housemate no end. Ah, the good old days...

1160 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo