Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Adam

Real Name Adam   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ihya
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description legendary.mudskipper@gmail.com
Homepage http://
Signed On May 22, 2003, 15:07
Total Comments 1160 (Pro)
User ID 17162

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Offset Unveiled
46. Re: Way too many people are getting fooled! Jun 5, 2005, 17:46 Ihya

Oh and Sam is The Man. DO EXPECT wonderful things from a very talented developer and this engine; he tries to make different ideas work in a cookie cutter style game industry.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 17:46.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project Offset Unveiled
45. Re: Way too many people are getting fooled! Jun 5, 2005, 17:44 Ihya

How Savage never got to critical mass is beyond me. It's a FPS that hinges on teamwork and tactics, not just twitch reflexes with the rail gun and for all the years I've followed gaming that's something many fps fans have been crying out for for ages.

It is free now you know? Ask on the official forums and the moderators will point you in the right direction.

My biggest fear is developers think the fps/rts mix just doesn't work and the genra is stillborn. With Battlefield 2 dipping it's toes in the gera with a commander with limited rts abilities I sincerely hope this style of gameplay finds its legs and bears fruit...

News Comments > 3000AD vs Dreamcatcher Follow-up
53. Re: Honest Question 2 Jun 3, 2005, 18:28 Ihya

Don't forget to pick up the official merchandise that accompanies this thread...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/AdamLea/shirt.jpg

Be a proud owner of one today!

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 18:28.

News Comments > Gold - The Falklands War: 1982
5. Re: oh boy... Jun 1, 2005, 15:06 Ihya

Aye, they were and still consider themselves to be British, which I guess was the whole point and best excuse for the war.

Why Argentina actually cared about them is another matter as it is hardly on their doorstep either (but they are closest!!!), they have a claim to the islands and all the sheep from about 300 years ago and the dictatorship at the time thought it would be fun to plonk several hundred under equipped conscripts on the island to face a trained military army. The land battle was a bit one sided as you'd guess, as would the sea battle if some shennanigans with the French hadn't transpired by which the naughty Cheese Eaters sold the Argies codes so they could use exorcett missiles at us :(. Instead they sank loads of ships but we managed to somehow swing it back in our favour.

The defeat catalysed the downfall of the dictatorship in Argentina however which was no bad thing for everyone and we got to be knocked out of the football world cup by them shortly after which is the only real reason there is any animosity between us any more so I guess the war is forgotten :).

Everyone thought it was a bit daft apart from the two sides taking part.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 15:08.

News Comments > Gold - The Falklands War: 1982
2. Re: oh boy... Jun 1, 2005, 13:29 Ihya

War or conflict? Discuss!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Next-gen leaders talk about consoles Jun 1, 2005, 13:23 Ihya

That's a lot of trash talk from three grown men. The net will be running a full 10 C hotter this day for all the flame wars kicking off.

Can't we just all hold hands and play guitar under the Banyan tree?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Escape from Blue Tower May 31, 2005, 17:03 Ihya

What are george r r martin's books like? He is well loved over at shacknews for some reason. Are they straight fantasy or what?

Oh and the dogs know it's a really bad time to be around their master when he's getting owned on HL2DM, which is why there are so many holes made in the fence

5. Re: WTF mate May 29, 2005, 18:20 Ihya

When sticky brown liquid starts leaking from the ceiling you gotta be happy it's just chocolate sauce.

38. Re: For all you Old Man Murray vets May 24, 2005, 17:16 Ihya

Peter Hamilton ranks as my favourite sci-fi writer atm, so much so I cannot return to other authors I used to read and not be left wanting more lol.

Pandoras star was good but not great though. Those first 300 pages were one hell of a slow burner for me. It really heats up on about page 650-700 though The nights dawn trilogy also spoiled me for expecting more from both himself and others, and has not been trumped yet imo...

News Comments > Gears of War PC?
7. Re: Hmmm...interesting May 24, 2005, 13:28 Ihya

Which brings me to this question... Halo 3 will not be out until spring '06, gears of war will not be out until '06 and could well be PC as well anyhow and Microsoft are cutting the console lifetime somewhat prematurely... Why will people want to buy the 360 on release? These will most likely if not conclusively be the X-boxes flagship games, only Microsoft seems more interested in hitting the market six months before Sony with lesser (albeit probably still fine) titles than giving a release date which has maximum games inpact.

It strikes me as a risky strategy to me. If I was an X Box fan I'd want a conclusive reason to upgrade, and Halo 3/GOW in spring '06 would be a great reason not to until then.

This comment was edited on May 24, 13:31.

22. Re: No subject May 23, 2005, 14:43 Ihya

Episode III... The film was just ok in my book, which means I was pleasantly surprised. Great films are mostly about great acting performances, not great cgi, something Lucas knows nothing about.

So whats the dealie with the live action star wars? Is it based between trilogies?

The best thing about Ep III was the new trailer for the Fantasticc Four. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the film will be a hit that the fans will embrace. I might regret that in time, but I think the casting (bar a youngish Reed) is spot on...

News Comments > It Came from E3, Part 1
2. Re: Xbox 360 Fake Audience Members May 18, 2005, 12:36 Ihya

That is both sad and embarrasing.

3. Re: The forbidden dance May 17, 2005, 14:18 Ihya

After the kind of routine canine escapades that would make the security personel at Murdocks mental asylumn blush, I hope you get your fence finally Hudson/Gunnar proof!

News Comments > Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow
3. Re: No subject May 11, 2005, 18:01 Ihya

Secret text...

Yaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

News Comments > FSW: Ten Hammers Announced
8. Re: No subject May 4, 2005, 18:25 Ihya

Oh and the comedy moment where if an enemy is slightly in cover you can have 4 men shoot 200 rounds at him from 5 meters away and he'll be forever invulnerable. The gaming mechanic was just too clumsy in the first game; if they add variety and rectify such ludicrous scenarios it'll become a great new sub-genra.

This comment was edited on May 4, 18:29.

News Comments > FSW: Ten Hammers Announced
6. Re: No subject May 4, 2005, 18:21 Ihya

Suppress, flank, kill.
Suppress, flank, kill.
Suppress, flank, kill.

Same weapons, same enemies, same tactics throughout, first level same as the last. Great fun for the first hour, but became boring as hell afterwards.

15. Re: Darth Vader Question?!? May 1, 2005, 18:17 Ihya

Ok, Darth Vader died in Star Wars over 20 years ago right? How does he come back to life in this new film??? Is he out for revenge against Luke's son? Dunno, but its too Friday The 13th for me.

Hand in your Blues News membership card right now.

13. Re: more organized Apr 28, 2005, 17:46 Ihya

I was hoping for the comeback of indented paragraphs to be honest, but hey, bulletpoints heal the hurt.

31. Re: No subject Apr 27, 2005, 15:03 Ihya

Happy anniversary...

Thought it was longer than that, just from the way you tell things. Were you one of those couples that are eternally engaged for ages?

40. Re: Tuds 2005 Apr 26, 2005, 16:43 Ihya

That girl needs a slap. You cannot rationalise with her. She is a monster for the future unless someone does something to turn her around, and being polite about it isn't going to cut it. Handcuffing her seemed daft, but I have no real sympathy.

1160 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo