Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Adam

Real Name Adam   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ihya
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description legendary.mudskipper@gmail.com
Homepage http://
Signed On May 22, 2003, 15:07
Total Comments 1160 (Pro)
User ID 17162

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Airbrush woman... Oct 4, 2003, 19:10 Ihya

Amazing...

...though I find alcohol is natures airbrush.

--------------------

A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.

Steven Wright

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Savage Demo Soon
13. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2003, 17:46 Ihya

When is this game out in the UK guys?

--------------------

Steven Wright

6. The Dragon and the Rat... Oct 3, 2003, 12:22 Ihya

...is really not worth the effort. And if 'thats the way the cookie crumbles,' isn't a prime candidate for the ignoble prizes...

http://www.improb.com/ig/ig-top.html

...then I don't know what is!

--------------------

Steven Wright

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Source Code Leak
189. And all across the industry... Oct 3, 2003, 06:42 Ihya

...people are thinking 'oh shit that could have been us.' and tightening security like you wouldn't believe. Year, maybe it was time I downloaded those outlook patches. Hmm, that quirky behaviour my PC does from time to time... Oh my god oh my god...

Seriously, I doubt there is a secure system out there that couldn't be hacked by someone. The kudos points these nerd hackers have with one another as if they were out big game hunting means someones basking in all this attention. I feel sincerely sorry for Gabe and Valve. I recently submitted a four year thesis (a microcosm in comparison perhaps) but if someone had stolen this, published it and seriously tarnished it's content I'd have been devestated.

--------------------

Steven Wright
This comment was edited on Oct 3, 06:43.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Interview
9. People... Oct 1, 2003, 18:34 Ihya

Stop throwing your rattles out of the crib. You'll be soon enough playing it. I'm sure they could have released a below par HL2 on sept 30th so just shout at a wall and move on or something.

--------------------

Steven Wright

19. Re: Books Oct 1, 2003, 16:53 Ihya

I bought the complete set of Steinbeck a few weeks ago, so good reminder there, probably would have got buried under junk otherwise. Wasn't sure where to begin, which were your favourites people?

--------------------

Steven Wright

19. Re: Reflexologalization Sep 29, 2003, 12:43 Ihya

Too embarrassed to post score

--------------------

Steven Wright

News Comments > CIA Spies Game Plans
8. Re: Futures Sep 29, 2003, 11:49 Ihya

If this is thinking outside the box, I want back inside the box, thank you very much. And a couple of nails and a hammer to make sure it cannot be opened again.

Well I think OBL and the terrorists should come half way on this one and design a game also where you try to kill terrorists and stamp down on rogue nations with nuclear ambitions, to understand the americans mindset better. Then we could combine the two and hey presto! Gaming nirvana.

--------------------

Steven Wright

28. Re: Odd Sep 28, 2003, 19:00 Ihya

It's so weird when you consider that your being here is predicated on the fact that hundreds of thousands of your ancestors shagging down throughout hundreds of thousands of years ends up with yourself as the result. It's pretty mind boggling when you think about it.

Think about all the people that are your (my) ancestors. Only literate for the last few generations and of the kind of person you'd want to know. Before that, a good helping of
whores, murderers, thugs, bandits, mercenaries, thieves, barbarian invaders after a good raping and pillaging and such like thrown into the genetic mix alongside the farmers/smithies/tanners!

They did a programme in the UK called blood of the vikings and they could actually spot regions where viking DNA remained from areas they had conquered and inhabited. Of course, as people move around more now those regions are blurring but it is fascinating that these trends can be seen. It would be fascinating to disentangle your own DNA and find out where most of you comes from.

--------------------

Steven Wright
This comment was edited on Sep 28, 19:02.

2. Skyhigh Airlines Sep 24, 2003, 11:42 Ihya

Superb!

--------------------

Steven Wright

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Delayed
84. Re: shacknews Sep 24, 2003, 07:34 Ihya

Goddam it. My drinking problem has relapsed because of this. I tried to make love to my girfriend last night but all i could see in the darkness was Gabes face staring up at me, laughing insanely at my plight. Now she doesn't want to see me as I obsess endlesly over my vitriolic hatred of valve. I blew all my money on upgrading my rig and now the banks are threatening to reposess my house as I quit my job so I could play HL2 uninterupted on sept 30th. I even changed my name by depoll to Gordon Freeman and grew a ridiculous goatee so I would be even further emersed into the story.

I have now metamorphed into an angel of darkness. I am staring down on my hapless victims from the clock tower through a telescopic sight, seeking blind retribution against innocents, playing God with peoples lives as Valve played god with mine. I see Hari Krishnas coming!!! Boy they're gonna get it.
MWAA HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Valve, you never think of the consequences of your actions. The blood of these mall shoppers is now on your hands...

Urgh. Hang on. It's called half life, not real life! Phew. Almost made an ass of myself.

--------------------

Steven Wright

17. Re: Misc Sep 23, 2003, 15:11 Ihya

Skippy the bush kangaroo 1968-1970...

I'm sure you saw it as repeats as a kid right?

Anyhow I was a littlest hobo generation kinda guy, who to be honest was a league above Skippy. Look, he can drive a car to fetch the paramedics to rescue timmy from down the mineshaft...

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-4625/

--------------------

Steven Wright

News Comments > DOOM 3 Q&A, Previews
7. Re: Flashlight Sep 23, 2003, 11:26 Ihya

'This ended the "game" portion of our demonstration, and Willits wrapped things up by booting up a small tech demo that consisted of a room with a tower of 100 boxes stacked on top of each other. As Willits shot out one of the boxes near the bottom, the entire stack collapsed, with boxes falling and bouncing in different ways. Reloading the level and then spawning a humanoid model into the room, Willits then picked up the body and swung it into the stack, causing the boxes to fall yet again and bounce off the body in various ways.'

Heh, for all the 'we don't worry about what the competition is up to. I'm sure their game will be great too' I've heard from both valve and id this smells alot like 'anything you can do...'

To be honest, this is what healthy competition is all about. I have a hunch feeling that id had no real intention of implimenting such gameplay until HL2 showcased which is why we're seeing it so late in the dev cycle. Both games will sell bucketloads, but perhaps one will be remembered as one of those defining advances in gameplay above the other, and perhaps why id are doing this now.

--------------------

Steven Wright

News Comments > DOOM 3 Interview, Shots
36. Re: Even more important Sep 23, 2003, 07:56 Ihya

Tool you say... Who?

Hey there's a new gamespy preview as well that covers the game in more detail.

--------------------

Steven Wright

News Comments > DOOM 3 Interview, Shots
32. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2003, 06:20 Ihya

*Disregards pointless which is better debate*

Pinkie? Don't you hate those 'It'll do for now,' names that stick?

My only complaint was the Carmack said that doom was going to follow the trend of 'shorter, more intense' games that are coming out. Urgh. If after all this wait I can finish it in 8 hours i'm not going to be a happy man.

Steven Wright

News Comments > Serious Sam 2 Update
23. Re: nitpicky, I know ... but ... Sep 22, 2003, 17:41 Ihya

ac·ro·nym

A word formed from the initial letters of a name, such as WAC for Women's Army Corps, or by combining initial letters or parts of a series of words, such as radar for radio detecting and ranging.

in·i·tial·ism

An abbreviation consisting of the first letter or letters of words in a phrase (for example, IRS for Internal Revenue Service), syllables or components of a word (TNT for trinitrotoluene), or a combination of words and syllables (ESP for extrasensory perception) and pronounced by spelling out the letters one by one rather than as a solid word.

So USA is an initialism, MOD is an abbreviation, and today we were brought to you by the letter T and number 7. You might be oosa citizens, and that's pretty bad until you think about me being an Eww! (EU) citizen.

Anyway... I might just go kill a sirian werebull now all this sam talk has whetted my appetite...

News Comments > Serious Sam 2 Update
3. Re: Oddly, . . . Sep 22, 2003, 13:24 Ihya

Love serious sam... come on boys, show us something juicy...

News Comments > Chaos Legion Demo
4. Re: worth it? Sep 20, 2003, 13:07 Ihya

After playing the ps2 demo I have to say this game leaves alot to be desired. The controls are very awkward, not in the same league as dynasty warriors games for example which has certain gameplay parallels. This and other gripes are reflected in an all round poor review of the title from most sites.

Shame as a blend of devil may cry and dynasty warriors sounded so cool. I wanted to like it... I really did...

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Uh oh Sep 20, 2003, 09:44 Ihya

I know where you're coming from Todd, but lets face it the storyline in silent hill is confused at best. The dialogue is shockingly bad. What makes it an excellent game is ATMOSPHERE ATMOSPHERE ATMOSPHERE!!! Oh, and a rocking soundtrack, graphics and satisfyingly simple yet compelling gameplay.

So it's not as though the starting concept material is holier than thou anyhow. It's just a generic wierd place where wierd shit happens. If they want to use the brand name then fine. Even a hollywood hack could come up with a better storyline and dialogue than the in game content.

169. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2003, 07:59 Ihya

I think no one can really understand another persons unique inner pain on something like this, they remember them and feel their loss for their own set of intimate reasons, and we can but offer our sympathies from outside their world. Despite us being a bunch of strangers who never knew her or know blue in person those sympathies and thoughts must add up to something pretty damn worthwhile.

Thoughts to all out there in Blues and Walters position.

1160 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 53.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo