Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for famished

Real Name famished   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname famished
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 21, 2003, 12:11
Total Comments 704 (Apprentice)
User ID 17145

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > DNF at E3?
53. Re: No subject Jan 26, 2005, 15:15  famished 

Give it 15 years, we'll swing back, but we're far from it now.

Well good news for 3d realms then. They may have it out just in time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: No subject Jan 26, 2005, 14:53  famished 

Correct me if Im wrong, but what I think he is saying is that scifi lasts a lot longer than period styles (even if the style of scifi is older like that of SW). It's a genre that has more longevity than that of the womanising male cheuvenist action hero

I do agree though that a Duke getting a beat down because of this would be an amusing way of introducing this back into the mix.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 14:58.

43. Re: No subject Jan 26, 2005, 14:23  famished 

Let's hope they "fox" their own Duke Nukem Forever.

Who knows? It might be awesome when it comes out, but for those that have been following it all these years, nothing short of a miracle will please them.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Snow Job Jan 24, 2005, 08:00  famished 

Hey Hump, those pics are great. Call me crazy, but I wish we got more snow this year...

38. Re: Auctions Jan 24, 2005, 07:57  famished 

What rank is 300 I wonder? *sigh* I need to re-evaluate my life...

News Comments > Sunday Game Reviews
3. Re: No subject Jan 24, 2005, 07:52  famished 

Keep it going guys. This is entertaining.

News Comments > AIAS Awards Finalists
42. Re: award Jan 23, 2005, 12:37  famished 

"Deus Ex IW is what I would currently rate as best PC game of all time."

You can't be serious. Deus Ex 1 blew it away.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: No subject Jan 18, 2005, 13:03  famished 

I like Penny Arcade at times but that article read like a heroin addict whining how he hasn't had a fix in a while because his dealer is "holding out on him".

So they decide to hold out on giving the game the GOTY award. Waaaaa!

129. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 15, 2005, 06:28  famished 

Yeah - I guess not.

127. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 14, 2005, 18:33  famished 

"Remember Ari Fleischer? The Isreali front man for the USA during the invasion of Iraq?"

Ok, my guess is that Joe is someones alter ego making fun of all the geeks on Blues. But just in case... tell me what is so bad about Israel?

News Comments > Army Threatens Punks
107. Re: No subject Jan 14, 2005, 07:51  famished 

"What i meant was that it was the complete other end of the scale. It wasn't a middle ground."

I see what your saying. Though it seems to me to be difficult to create a site dedicated solely to pointing out bias without seemingly being on the other end of the scale.

87. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2005, 16:19  famished 

" Wow. One whole site as your source. Dunno how that other site sliped in there. Sure as hell wasn't in the quest for looking for a diversity of opinion. And look at the backers for "honest reporting"...surprise, surprise."

sigh *rolls eyes*. It was a response to Malakai as he was critisizing the page for being too Fahrenhype and not Fahrenheit. I mean, I did quote that very sentence in the beginning of the post. The other site "slipped in" being linked to from Honest Reporting, but had more information on it. Honestly, I don't know who would defend such a thing.

I can come up with a lot more links if you'd like (and yes from various sources). Problem is, I would be here all night collecting them and wouldn't have a chance to relax and watch the video I hired

Edit: The other point being that they have valid links to real articles that you can verify for yourself. It's simply a repository for such information.
This comment was edited on Jan 13, 16:30.

85. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2005, 15:57  famished 

"To put it in short: that website seems a crock of shit. Might have some truth, but it seems as if it's a FahrenHype, not a Fahrenheit: Two severe opposits on the scale."

Seems like we might have another victim of brainwashing here Kidding. I'm not sure how you can miss the articles. There are literally hundreds there. It's a pretty wide spread problem in this day and age how seriously people take the news without questioning either it's accuracy or motives.

There are 3 problems here. Articles that are straight up incorrect, totally biased or have more subtle elements of bias. Take the following article for instance. It's about a picture of a bloodied face with an Israeli soldier standing behind him with a baton. The photo in the NY Times was implying that the person with the bloodied face was a victim of an Israeli soldier. It turned out that this person was a Jewish student from Chicago who in fact got beaten by Palestinians (the irony).

http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45884734/reports/The_Photo_that_Started_it_All.asp

Of course the Palestinians jumped on that picture and it is even used on some pro Palestinian web sites. That's just one example of many. What about the so called Jenin massacre which some media outlets still refer to?

http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45884734/critiques/UN_Report_on_Jenin.asp

Or the BBC citing the "massacre" and being threatened with fines from the British government if they don't improve journalistic standards?

http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45884734/critiques/BBCs_Blunder_of_the_Week.asp

Or the Independant's Nazi propaganda cartoon?

http://backspin.typepad.com/backspin/2003/11/evolution_of_an.html

Softening words in manipulated reports...

http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45884734/critiques/BBC_Gets_Caught_Again.asp

Or media implying that Arafat was a "freedom fighter" or journalists that cry on his behalf? http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45884734/critiques/Weeping_for_Yassir.asp

The list goes on and this is just the English media. I think you don't notice bias because you aren't aware or looking for it. To be honest, I started noticing bias without looking for it directly. It's pretty clear. Lastly watch the last 6 videos on this page to get an idea how "even" the reporting of the Palestinian side is.

http://www.honestreporting.com/relentless/new_version/frames/viewFrame.html

60. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2005, 08:07  famished 

Yeah right, Joe. You think Israeli owned media would be appearing in yearly "awards" by media watch groups as being overly biased against Israel itself?

http://www.honestreporting.com

57. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2005, 07:44  famished 

"That post is fucking ridiculous. I didn't care about America's Army before, but now I want to hack it."

No shit. The guy quotes one of the world's worst war crimes Hiroshima/Nagasaki (or is he talking about Pearl Harbour here?) and tries to use that to weigh up his argument against the "bad guys".

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 07:58.

News Comments > EA AFL Game
9. Re: No subject Jan 11, 2005, 14:12  famished 

Bugger. I thought this was Aussie rules...

Oh yeah and let's get it right guys - it's VFL

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 14:14.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
10. Re: I liked it Jan 11, 2005, 13:59  famished 

"The "in the dark" style would have made for incredible sequences, but being the entire game was a poor decision, I think. "

I think iD started making a habit of over doing things like this after Doom 2. This is how I look at their past...

Quake 1 - "Let's over do the drab palette!" (Note I did play this game to death online)

Quake 2 - "Let's make Quake again, but instead of a drab palette which we got bagged for in Q1, let's add coloured lights and over do that end of the scale! It will look like a Christmas tree gone horribly wrong."

Quake 3 - "Let's make everything curvy... including some corners of walls!"

Doom 3 - "Let's over do a dark atmosphere and add way too much specular on everthing!" Sure it brings out the normal maps, but at least add some variety please.

Doom did it well, by having well lit areas for a lot of the game and when they wanted to creep you out, they put in a dark room here and there. I think they need to look up the word "contrast" once more.

News Comments > 2004 Vaporware Awards
24. Re: No subject Jan 8, 2005, 11:39  famished 

"You know what would make me really really laugh? If DNF comes out at some point and it becomes the best FPS ever made."

For a game that will be well into a decade of production by the time of it's release, I expect nothing less...

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 11:41.

14. Re: Eye of the Tiger Jan 6, 2005, 12:12  famished 

ZigZang, I have the same problem. Even though I'm on DSL I have to watch it in 10 second chunks, then it starts to rebuffer (taking 30 seconds or so to load the next chunk). I hate this embedded crap. Let me download it.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: No subject Jan 6, 2005, 08:46  famished 

"That was an absolutely amazing article. Very well thought out and articulate."

I'm guessing you are being sarcastic, but if not... it read like a ten year olds diary. One who has his arms firmly crossed, a frown on his face and muttering "hmph" to himself.

I thought I would read a majority of support on this forum for the article. Glad to see the opposite is true.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 08:48.

704 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo