Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mindwarp

Real Name mindwarp   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname kanniballl
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 20, 2003, 19:36
Total Comments 2665 (Senior)
User ID 17133

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: 14 Killed At Jul 20, 2012, 14:19 kanniballl

mch wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 14:18:
I had read that there was a 3 month old in the theater...

^^ THIS ^^

Read it when I got to work, and also heard it on the radio on the way in. Though I haven't heard much mention of it lately.

-EDIT-
From CNN:
One of the injured was just 3 months old, hospital workers said.

-

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2012, 14:26.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: 14 Killed At Jul 20, 2012, 13:12 kanniballl

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 13:08:
Hyatus wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 10:48:
Wow. Just...wow.

I'm curious, though. What was a baby doing at a movie theatre, let alone at the midnight showing?

The 6 year old? That was the first thing I picked out of the story....

I heard about the young kid, the one that wasn't moving that a cop carried out.

But some early reports mentioned that there was some babies / infants with their parents in the theater. I imagine they got out fine, else the news channels would be blasting child killer on there by now.

But I haven't heard it mentioned since this morning. Though from my experience, it's not unheard of for parents to bring their infants to a theater... after all why should THEIR lives change now that they have a kid.

But I digress...

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

4. Re: 14 Killed At Jul 20, 2012, 10:50 kanniballl

Hyatus wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 10:48:
Wow. Just...wow.

I'm curious, though. What was a baby doing at a movie theatre, let alone at the midnight showing?

Sadly, it's just the status quo. I recall many a time going to some late-airing of a film (sometimes a horror movie) and people would bring their babies. Which of course was a PLEASURE to everyone in attendance. And I don't even mean first-release stuff like Dark Knight... just really really late showings. Parents should either get a sitter, or don't go at that time of night.

But, snark aside... nobody deserves to have to experience that kind of thing. Seriously, this is one a--hole that deserves the death penalty.

-

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2012, 10:56.

-Fry, Futurama

2. 14 Killed At "Knight Rises" Screening. Jul 20, 2012, 10:43 kanniballl

Sad time. Even the survivors are probably emotionally traumatized to hell.

Of course, the politicians and talking heads aren't wasting time spreading the FUD. Why isn't tear gas illegal yet? Umm, I'm pretty sure it is for civilians

Honestly, I'd probably fall into the category of attendees that... for the first few seconds... wonder if this was some weird-a$$ marketing thing until reality would hit. I mean, that is just all KINDS of messed up.

-

-Fry, Futurama

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2012, 10:03 kanniballl

I do admit...

A long time ago, back when I was like 5 or something, I spent the night in a small room with a ceiling fan. The fan wobbled because (I imagine) it wasn't balanced.

I had a fear that the blade would fly off and hit me. Not impale me, but definitely hit me. And since it was hot as heck that night and they didn't have A/C, it was either fear or feeling really hot.

Now, keep in mind I'd just broken some toys, one of which had something that spun around and then shot off. So it was a valid fear, especially since the thing was wobbly and the rest of the house I was visiting wasn't in the BEST of repair.

But, I was a kid so it was understandable.

I often don't let my ceiling fan run while I sleep though... because I find that when I do, I wind up "drying up" a lot during the night and sometimes start to dehydrate a little bit too much. That, and the extra noise makes it that much harder to sleep.

But on the rare times where our A/C has gone out, I leave it running.

-

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 19, 2012, 15:45 kanniballl

In other news, Tim Cook was found shackled to a highschool green board and forced to write "Samsung did not copy iPad" 5,000 times.

Bart Simpson seen laughing at the newbie

-Fry, Futurama

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2012, 11:20 kanniballl

Ratty wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:14:
I really hate the heat. I often feel hot when everyone else (women mostly of course) is cold. I always have a fan pointing at my bed when I sleep, even in winter. That said I feel so lucky we haven't had a single hot day here in the Bay Area all summer. Sucks for my garden but I could have it this way every year.

Ditto, I feel warm and/or hot when lots of women in the office feel cold. I pretty much have my ceiling fan running year round on "cool" mode, though I try not to sleep with it on for (A) the extra noise and (B) it dries me up over the night.

I even have a desk fan running almost year-round which confuses the co-workers.

It's the humidity that really kills me though. I can deal with heat like an average person... but throw in the humidity and I feel it VERY quickly.

-

-Fry, Futurama

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2012, 11:57 kanniballl

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 11:41:
That and blues regular tales is why I would never keep such unstable animals.

Nah, dogs are awesome pets.

The only real down-sides are when you're potty-training them and/or they get sick. They'll also often make a noisy fuss if someone is outside or if they don't like a particular visitor... but you learn to deal and some of that gets trained away.

Obviously they're very co-dependent... they like to be pet and hang with their masters. As opposed to a cat, which is mostly just set-it and forget-it, dogs require more time from us. BUT that's one of the things owners enjoy about dogs: spending time with them. If that's not someone's cup-of-tea then it's probably best to go with a cat / bird / tortoise.

Really, the only thing to "worry" about dogs is them biting someone. For example: you live in the suburbs and some kids decide to either cut through your lawn or just hang out there... if your dog is there he might not like it. Especially when said jerks taunt the dog while ON your property. Yeh, that will end well /sarcasm.

Or if walking your dog, a specific dog might not get along with him (while the others are fine). In which case you want to be careful else risk a fight.

-

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2012, 12:07.

-Fry, Futurama

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2012, 11:12 kanniballl

My dog's the opposite. He doesn't like to be penned up in ANY room(s)... even if it's a room he spends 18-hours a day in anyway.

Seriously, he enjoys hanging out in the Den and stays there almost ALL day. But close the kitchen-door to the Family Room (still giving him access to Den AND Kitchen) and he wants out.

It doesn't matter if someone is (or isn't) elsewhere in the house... I guess he assumes that if he's stuck in a room then it must mean something "cool" is going on elsewhere. It doesn't matter if I'm petting him (which he just loves) or playing with him. Closed door == excitement.

-

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2012, 11:18.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Deadpool Game
8. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 15, 2012, 00:37 kanniballl

killer_roach wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 23:32:
kanniballl wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 22:19:
Well, as of a little while ago there was a YouTube video up showing what I imagine was in-game footage.

I wonder if the voice over "pew-pew's" are actually from the game, or just the DeadPool narrator commenting on the video.

If it's being consistent with the character, they're likely in the game.

Yeh, he's definitely one of the more interesting Marvel characters. And to be honest, with the exception of Iron Man and some Ultimates stuff... I probably have more of his comics than any Marvel characters.

-

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Deadpool Game
6. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 14, 2012, 22:19 kanniballl

Well, as of a little while ago there was a YouTube video up showing what I imagine was in-game footage.

I wonder if the voice over "pew-pew's" are actually from the game, or just the DeadPool narrator commenting on the video.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets
18. Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Jul 11, 2012, 11:20 kanniballl

Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 10:05:
Verno wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 09:45:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 05:46:
This could be like what Ghost Recon did with the weapon customization on the tablet. You can customize your weapon and loadout on the tablet and it gets saved back in to the game. Halo also have that waypoint application on the 360 that shows you videos and news and stuff, maybe that will be available on the tablet.

That sounds like some of the most pointless tertiary game functionality I can think of. I don't like anything that takes me out of a game.

Rephrase that for me to "I don't like anything that makes me look away from the game."

Yeah, I can manage my inventory on a tablet, great. I'd rather pause the game (which mentally takes me out of it, I suppose) and go into an inventory screen than take my eyes off of it.

People have argued this with me about the WiiU, but I can't think of a single time I want a second screen in a game, the exception being multiplayer on-the-couch things like picking plays in the Dreamcast NFL game, but those instances are so few and far between...

I agree for some of that.

But I might not mind using an iPad or something for inventory management or something... especially of the game is more or less paused anyway (or I'm hiding in a corner) . The touch-screen interface makes it easier to use than the XBox360 controller to do anything advanced.

It's not too immersion-breaking since I doubt your TV is so huge that you never even see the edges of it or the TV stand/cabinet. Or look away to see what the dog wants, or who's calling on your cell, or whatever.

That being said, I'd ONLY want it for something like a detailed map or inventory management where the game is stopped or I can risk looking away. Anything more than that, or anything that would require me checking it constantly, would stink.

"Oh no, I have to switch grenades in a hair-ball fire fight. Let me scroll scroll sticky select... oh I died 2 minutes ago and some douche is t-bagging me"

-

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets
17. Re: Halo 4 To Work on Surface Tablets Jul 11, 2012, 11:17 kanniballl

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 21:14:
Halo 2 on PC was absolutely pathetic, so if they're trying to pull the same shit they can piss right off. If it's a proper port then it all comes down to whether the game itself is any good.

You think that's bad, but Halo 1 was a TRULY horrible port. Seriously, however many years later and I think my Quad-Core i7 might have a hard time running it at more than 30fps.

That first port was a real hog. My PC at the time stomped the XBox and even then it was chugging along.

Meanwhile, they added "shaders" to the game. By which, they made everything shiney like glass... even the grass and dirt on the ground. Sure, way to take advantage of a new FX feature.

-

-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2012, 11:12 kanniballl

-EDIT-

Removed by poster, was silly to waste 2 posts on it.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2012, 11:42.

-Fry, Futurama

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2012, 10:52 kanniballl

Cool, did he take you to Medieval Times afterwards and challenge you to Vulcan fight to the death?

That was one messed up movie.

Though I guess that explains what happened to me yesterday.

My cable and internet cut out until this morning. Blue's new friend must have reached the end of the film and landed on the satellite dish... thus robbing me of my TV.

-

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2012, 11:42.

-Fry, Futurama

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2012, 15:59 kanniballl

Cutter wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 15:02:
nin wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 11:51:
I don't know which is scarier... that or the Candiru.

Are those the ones that swim up your dick? I'm not googling that at work or anything, but yeah, that's straight out of a Stephen King book...

Yeah, I imagine every guy's reaction when they first learn about these demons from the lowest pits of hell is the exact same. That is just seriously fucked up.

Yeh, though I'd heard that the stories of it swimming "up stream" (as it were) for people peeing off the shore are probably exaggerated

Still, definitely an horrid parasite out of the bowels of hell.

I wonder how much god / zeus / mother-earth / whatever laughed their ass off the first time one decided to "set up shop" in some animal's junk.
Well that will teach those apes from pissing in my stream

-

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > LucasArts FPS Plans?
25. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 15:08 kanniballl

Cutter wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:37:
Really people? Seriously? And when was the last time LucasArts was relevent to PC games? 10 years ago? 20? Do you really care at this point? Do you really thing anything other than some shitty Star Wars console game is in the works? For realz yo?

Meh, Jedi Knight 2 and Star Wars Republic Commando were decent. JK2 was 10 years ago, but SW:RC was like 6 years ago.

The only reason I bother reading these LucasArts posts is hopes that either (A) they'll try to do an XWing/TieFighter revival or (B) perhaps another JK or RC sequel.

I'm not saying the end-result would be good... but it's nice to dream. Tie Fighter with today's Graphics and the 90's missions + story? That alone is worth the dream.

Not realistic hope mind you, just dreaming.

-

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2012, 15:54.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > LucasArts FPS Plans?
24. Re: LucasArts FPS Plans? Jul 10, 2012, 15:01 kanniballl

deqer wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:03:
nin wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:02:
I've actually enjoyed the hell out of the clone wars cartoons. It's amazing how enjoyable SW is with minimal Lucas involvement...

You like stuff with childish stuff in it? okay.

Cartoons can be fun to watch, even for someone older. Not everything needs to be serious and violent like some bloody anime. Light-hearted tones, simpler animation... these things don't need to detract from enjoyment.

I really liked the first Clone Wars cartoon series: where things were drawn in the style of (perhaps) Samurai Jack. Little 10-minute blurbs, sometimes with little dialog, showing what was going on. My two favorites were (A) Mace Windu taking out a whole batallion and (B) Anakin saving aliens that were being mutilated/tortured while reading a prophecy that might as well be his own.

The CGI one that was recently on... meh. Nothing great, but every now and then there was a solid episode.

Sure, I usually like my stuff serious and action-packed. I enjoyed the various DCAU series and I think the current "Young Justice" is also decent. "Teen Titans" was a different animal entirely, but some times OK to watch while chilling out.

But on occasion I also like to chill and watch some "Adventure Time" and "The Regular Show"

Some people consider "Finding Nemo" and "The Incredibles" and "WALL-E" to be for young kids. Meanwhile, those films are probably in my top-20-list even though I'm already over 30.

-

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2012, 15:53.

-Fry, Futurama

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2012, 14:54 kanniballl

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:53:
Blue - I bet it is those damn squirrels....

Those buggers are getting clever. Cut off the lines of communication AND extort its return...

For all the bird seed in NY.

Mwah ha ha ha ha

-

-Fry, Futurama

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2012, 14:52 kanniballl

Prez wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 14:04:
Having worked in garbage collection and sorting in the past, I can tell you Blue that what seems like a smell that would make a billy goat puke in a week would barely register to your nose at all if you were a garbageman. I think the prolonged exposure to it desensitizes your olfactory senses.

Personally, I lack a sense of smell. Have from as far back as I can remember... so at least 5 or 6 years old and I imagine all my life. While the lack made some things easier: working cr*p jobs at stores, the horrid out-houses on some camping trips, the dog getting hit with a skunk, etc.

It makes life annoying.
  • Not knowing that someone accidentally hit the stove knob while moving furniture and gas was filling the house.
  • Or problems with a car smelling like it was burning.
  • Not knowing the young and/or sick dog made a mess somewhere
  • Is something rotting somewhere? (Fell behind/under something)

• Obviously, the "gas" and "car" things are the real safety concerns. Hence why part of me wants to go electric stove / oven. Those induction stoves are Sick.

-

-Fry, Futurama

2665 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 5.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo