Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mindwarp

Real Name mindwarp   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname kanniballl
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 20, 2003, 19:36
Total Comments 2665 (Senior)
User ID 17133

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Defy Gravity
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Defy Gravity Jan 11, 2011, 23:07 kanniballl

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 22:27:
People still play games like this?

I still love 2D side scrollers.

However the video of this game doesn't look THAT enticing. It looks alright and I won't knock the developer, but when you throw Metroid + MegaMan + Braid in the same descriptive sentence you kind of expect more than what the video shows.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DC Universe Online Trailer
18. Re: DC Universe Online Trailer Jan 11, 2011, 22:17 kanniballl

Only had time to really play through the intro level.

Here are my first impressions on PS3.

How fun is it... it's alright. It's a better intro than the Champions Online intro. I tend to like button mashers from time to time, so I like it so far. But I could see why others wouldn't.

Combat... it's more hack and slash than Champions, which is good and bad. I kind of dug it, but I'm not sure yet how long I'll like it. Attacks are button-combos so it's a button masher. Using melee in a group of toons is alright, I guess it's either PbAoE cone or auto-targets nearest melee mob. So far I only have access to a handful of attacks at lvl 3.

Customization... nowhere near Champions Online. Even City of Heroes is a lot more customizable. However, I was able to make some decent looking toons, I just wish there was more diverse stuff in terms of armor-looking things.

Powers... I only tried out "hand blasters" so far, since I like blasters. However I plan on trying some melee weapons soon like staff / dual-wield / hammer.

Voices... Adam Baldwin does alright as Superman but I liked the classic 90s voice better. Baldwin is a little too... raw, I can't help of thinking of Casey or Jane when I hear him. Oracle does a good job with her voice dialog. The Brainiac probes though aren't so hot but I wasn't expecting much from henchmen. So far that's all I've heard besides the intro video w/ Lex and such.

Technical aspects... it FROZE my PS3 entirely during the first play attempt. After creating my toon I tried to start playing. 15 minutes and nothing, then noticed that I couldn't even bring up the Controller-menu to quit out.

I hear that hard-light (Green Lantern) didn't make the cut, I'm sad. I thought I heard an early-early beta preview mention she was playing a hard-light toon but I guess it was too buggy But that's the only real powerset it's missing that I would like.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2011, 22:52.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

14. Re: DC Universe Online Trailer Jan 11, 2011, 19:13 kanniballl

JoeNapalm wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 10:20:

Arkham Asylum was a great game. Perhaps not your cup of tea, which is cool - but it was really well done. Definitely looking forward to Arkham City.

I liked Arkham Asylum a lot. My only problem was I spent way too much time using the enhanced goggles instead of enjoying the beauty of the rendered content.

-Fry, Futurama

13. Re: DC Universe Online Trailer Jan 11, 2011, 19:10 kanniballl

Still waiting for the client to download. I thought I was done but now there's another download screen.

I'm just hoping I can hop on before my shows start tonight. Otherwise I'm waiting until tomorrow, which will HOPEFULLY be a snow day.

-Fry, Futurama

6. Re: DC Universe Online Trailer Jan 11, 2011, 12:19 kanniballl

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 12:10:
"An MMO on the PS3?

*headplosion*"

I'm hearing that it plays better on the ps3 than the pc. Kind of a surprise.

Pretty much what I heard, it plays best with a controller. If figure if I'm gonna play with a controller anyway and it was developed for both console + PC then I might as well go with the console.

Especially if I want to uninstall it in a couple weeks / months, and double-especially if I don't want some "helpful" software that Sony wants to install on my rig.

Some of the reviews I read said combat is a little less like a traditional MMORPGs and a *little* closer to Batman Arkham asylum. In which case, I'd be cool with that.

Heck, I'd be fine with a single-player game with combat even 1/3 like Batman AA with the added ability to customize my character.

-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: DC Universe Online Trailer Jan 11, 2011, 10:37 kanniballl

I took the plunge and pre-ordered the PS3 version. I'm gonna pick it up today and hopefully have a snow day tomorrow from work to enjoy it.

I grew tired of Champions Online, and frankly the only reason I considered DC Universe Online was because I wanted to play in the DC world.

The Champions Online villains really didn't appeal to me much. I prefer the CO engine above the City of Heroes engine but a large margin, but the City of Heroes villains were better.

That being said, I don't know how much I'll play it. I only recently found out that while they are offering lifetime subscriptions, it's only for the PC version because the Playstation store has a cap on how expensive things can be.

So maybe I'll just use the free 30 days, or maybe a couple of months worth of subscriptions.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2011, 10:25 kanniballl

My guess, you hit a nail or screw on your way home the last time you took the car out. And it slowly went flat overnight. That happened to me once or twice with my old car.

Alternatively, it could've been a pot hole that you hit just before you got home. Bad enough to cause a leak / tear but small enough so it didn't evacuate immediately.

At least it was in your driveway. Last year I had a flat it happened on the highway on the driver's side. Nothing gets your blood pumping like people flying past your back @ 75+ MPH and hoping none of them are drunk or on the cellphone.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2011, 10:31.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 11, 2011, 00:12 kanniballl

NJ, about 30-45 minute drive to NYC.

I work about 11 miles north of where I live (as a bird flies). Both places have excellent reception.

The only "dead zone" I encounter is a small 100-yard stretch of road on the way to work. Strangely just outside the zone my bars jump up quite quickly.

I'm SURE Verizon has better coverage, but AT&T has been good for me. And where my brother works, his AT&T has no bars inside but his boss's Verizon has a couple.

I tried T-Mobile last year but there were too many dead zones.

I have no idea how Sprint is by me, other than judging by their coverage map.
This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2011, 00:34.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 10, 2011, 23:19 kanniballl

I guess it depends on geography.

On AT&T w/ an iPhone 4G I never get any dropped calls. And my speeds are better than my co-worker's Droid Incredible on Verizon... at least where we work (but my impression is it's even faster at work than at his home). Not "blow you away" faster, maybe 60% faster.

My 3GS had a dropped call here and there, but the 4G has been solid.

That all being said, I might go to Verizon for better coverage for when I travel. And until recently, was looking at getting the Incredible with an Extended battery. If I go I'll wait for the next round of Android phones for Verizon.

In comparison, TMobile is even faster in my home town. But the coverage for TMobile stinks, while AT&T only drops out only in 1 place near work

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2011, 23:35.

-Fry, Futurama

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2011, 11:13 kanniballl

Happy Birthday all!  
-Fry, Futurama

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2011, 11:11 kanniballl

Any idea who that is in the Wonder Woman pick in "Nobody wants Wonder Woman?"

It looks a little like a younger Robin from "How I Met Your Mother" (Cobie Smulders)

Or is it just some random model / booth girl?

-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2011, 10:46 kanniballl

Here in NJ we still had snow leftover from the big snow storm the other week, but some rain got rid of a lot of it.

Today we're getting some steady snow, but they're only predicting an additional 4" today.

I'm debating whether I should go home early today. 4" isn't very much, but my town doesn't like to plow my street and some of the roads I need to take are often less than ideal.

Plus I have a steep driveway so I'd like to get home while there's still light/warmth out to shovel enough to be able to get up that thing.

Not to mention I'd like to avoid the idiots on the roads that speed off everywhere during rush hour.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > DC Universe Online End of Beta Event
2. Re: DC Universe Online End of Beta Event Jan 6, 2011, 11:08 kanniballl

Supposedly if you sent them a screenshot of your PreOrder receipt by Sunday 2-Jan, you were supposed to get a Beta invite key on 4-Jan.

I sent mine in, and didn't get one.

Yeh, I broke down and pre-ordered it. I got the PS3 version since I hear it's a controller-friendly game and if it stinks I might not want to waste the hard-drive space.

I don't think I'll bother with the Lifetime subscription though, as interested as I am in playing in the DC universe I don't think I'll last over a year.

-Fry, Futurama

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2011, 00:01 kanniballl

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 18:21:
I disagree....i hate the cold. I am tired of morons crashing into each other and cement barriers. It isn't that hard to keep your car on the road. If you have a little shitty car - stay the F home.

I much rather prefer a hot steamy day at the lake than a frozen one.

Eh, different folks different strokes.

I hate hot and steamy. It's harder to reach a comfortable temperature outside, particularly when humidity is a factor. Shade only does so much with humidity, and pools/lakes require prep and cleaning up.

Dealing with cold usualy just means an extra layer or two unless it's balls-cold out there like 10F without windsheer, -XF with windsheer. I'm sure some reader in Minnesota just called me a p*ssy but if I'm hitting those temps I need under-armor or I'm going inside.

The driving part sucks though, at least the part where you have to share the road with morons.

I can understand if someone in California or Texas where some parts see very little snow don't know how to drive on it properly. But when they live in a state that gets its fair share of snow EVERY FLIPPIN' YEAR you'd think they'd learn to drive on it.

And don't get me started on ice. I can see snow being more rare (even by me we've had the occasional light 2-snowfall winter). But ice is fairly common in the freezing states in the winter and yet people still fail to respect its danger.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2011, 00:29.

-Fry, Futurama

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2011, 13:38 kanniballl

I love the snow.

Everything looks pretty. All of the (now) dead grass is covered, and trees are often frosted in white for at least a short time. I recall a couple of beautiful scenes involved crystal-looking trees.

My dog loves it, gets to jump around and just randomly "eats" snow here and there. Plus unlimited "catch" ammunition.

I get a little bit of exercise from the little shoveling I do.

If it's only fairly bad, I can usually just work from home.

If it's really bad, we get either a delayed opening or a snow day at work.

Things quiet down, it's a good time to just sit on a comfy couch and watch a film.

The only time I don't like it is when I have to hit the roads and they're unplowed and/or sloppy. One year in particular was quite bad, a normal 20 minute commute took forever and I was almost in a whole bunch of accidents due to the way idiots were driving around.

Seriously, when there is snow (or ice or slush) on the ground, speeding is just plain stupid. If anything, you should be going under the speed limit. Yet I saw people doing 45 in a 25 that stomped on their brakes, only to skid and hit a car..

Granted, this is coming from upper/central New Jersey. I'd probably grow sick of it quickly if I lived somewhere known for heavy and frequent snow such as the northern states or even Canada.

This comment was edited on Jan 4, 2011, 13:54.

-Fry, Futurama

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2010, 15:00 kanniballl

Enahs wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 12:59:
Granted it is annoying and complicates your life. But why is everybody so opposed to jury duty? It is kinda important, even if most of the time it is stupid stuff.

I agree. I'd be alright with it.

The last time I was actually getting willing to go, but in the end they said didn't need to come in.

My only downsides are: I'm usually heller-busy at work. I'll have a couple weeks straight of being very busy, then maybe a few days of cooldown.

If Jury Duty comes up during the busy period, it screws up everything. If it comes during the cooldown, so be it. Though I would rather NOT be put into one of those big trials that last for days and require that you're sequestered.

Note to Carnivore / whatever AI out there reading this thread. I'm not volunteering, but I'm not that against it.

-Fry, Futurama

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2010, 10:49 kanniballl

I've only been called twice. Though I don't think in my state+county I can request to reschedule.

The first time, I was still a college student and it was near exams. I got out of it.

The next time (which was maybe 2 years ago) they said I had to come in Monday + Tuesday, but to also call the night before to see if I had to come in at all that day. Both days my number range was excused, so I didn't have to go.

On one hand, I'm somewhat curious about serving on a jury for a small matter.

On the other hand, I'm always too friggin' busy to take the days off.

-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2010, 12:51 kanniballl

A rumour at Moviehole emerged earlier today that Nolan had reportedly been meeting with actresses all week to find the female lead.

I wonder which character will be the female lead.

• Vicky Vale

• Selina Kyle / Catwoman

• Talia al Ghul

• Poison Ivy

• There's also:
  • Batgirl

• Batwoman

• But I doubt they'd introduce them without introducing Robin.

Any Harley wouldn't make sense without Joker, unless its a Poison Ivy team-up.

I could see Talia being the character, as often the 3rd film in a trilogy returns to something important from the first film. And that means al Ghul.

But really any of them would be nice.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2010, 12:57.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
    27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 11:23 kanniballl

Flatline wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 21:14:

Awesome... more whiffle bat lightsaber action!

Can we go get whoever was responsible over at Team Ninja for the silky-smooth brutal combat engine from Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 and have that person/group of people make a jedi game? They seem to know how to get "feeling badass" while presenting a great combat engine.

Ironically, such a game would probably feel more like the original star wars trilogy in lightsaber combat than the epileptics flipping out that we got in the prequels.

OK, I'm confused.

You say you want the Ninja Gaiden guys to make a cool and fluid-combat lightsaber game.

But then you say you ant the original trilogy's combat?

The original trilogy's fighting sequences were just about as good as any 10-year-old could do. Sure it looked cool on camera, but it was simplistic... especially Episode IV.

You don't need the Ninja Gaiden team for that.

To be honest, Ninja Gaiden was probably closer to the prequels (which you mock). The prequels at least modeled the fight moves out of various real sword fighting styles. Part Samurai, part fencing, etc.

I'm not saying one way worked better on film than the other. But The prequels were definitely closer to Ninja Gaiden style than the original trilogy.

It's like saying "I want them to make a space sim that looks like the ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica's manuevers." When your rose-colored glasses make you fail to realize the original BSG just recycled the same 3 clips over-and-over.

-Fry, Futurama

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2010, 08:34 kanniballl

Verno wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 15:46:
    . I guess BMW may have sensors that check the oil level and quality?

creston

I think most 2009+ cars do these days. I know my Ford Fusion has it. It also has tire pressure sensors but those don't seem to work in any car.

My 2006 Caddy has an Engine oil life meter. It tells me how much percentage/life is left on my motor oil.

From what I've read online and some tech sites, it isn't a strict mileage thing. They factor in cold starts, how hard you work the engine, and a bunch of other stuff (including mileage).

But that was from 2006. Maybe now they have a purity sensor or something.

My dealer recommends changing it every 6k miles.
    The sensor (with my driving) usually says to do it every 7.5k-8k miles.

I do it at 6k because as it is, it takes me about 10 months to reach even 6k miles.

-Fry, Futurama

2665 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 37.
    < Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo