Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mindwarp

Real Name mindwarp   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname kanniballl
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 20, 2003, 19:36
Total Comments 2665 (Senior)
User ID 17133

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Gold - Duke Nukem Forever
63. Re: It ain't over yet May 24, 2011, 23:55 kanniballl

nin wrote on May 24, 2011, 22:44:
Forget mouselook, does it have crosshairs?

Didn't the original lack cross-hairs, and have to get them placed with a patch?

I remember them being yellow? Or was it orange?

Google shows yellow...http://www.emuparadise.org/fup/up/93172-Duke_Nukem_3D_%281996%29%283D_Realms%29-4.jpg

Yeh eventually. But at release it didn't have one. I recall the joke of "earwax hack" where players recommended using the shotgun to mark up a wall to get the exact center, then smear earwax on that spot so you had one.

Then within a few weeks or a month a yellow-ish crosshair was added and later prints of the game had the patch auto-added.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gold - Duke Nukem Forever
59. Re: It ain't over yet May 24, 2011, 22:07 kanniballl

captawe wrote on May 24, 2011, 21:02:
Woohoo! 1997-style gameplay! Does this thing have mouselook?

Forget mouselook, does it have crosshairs?

Didn't the original lack cross-hairs, and have to get them placed with a patch?

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2011, 15:56 kanniballl

Reach was an alright console shooter.

I enjoy games with a more sci-fi element, especially when you're wearing power armor.

The single player campaign was alright, nothing epic but good.

The multi player was quite fun, it was probably the most I ever played on a console FPS.

The customization was great, I liked making the power armor I wanted instead of the default stuff.

It wasn't "OMG REACH IS TEH WIN" but it was fun. Sure, no 117 but it still ended as a nice swan song for Bungie's participation.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Screenshot software? May 24, 2011, 12:47 kanniballl

Doesn't FRAPS allow for screenshots?

It's probably not open source but I thought there was a free/lite version.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Hellgate NA Closed Beta Keys
2. Re: Hellgate NA Closed Beta Keys May 23, 2011, 17:24 kanniballl

Cram wrote on May 23, 2011, 16:34:
Hellgate London, still in beta 4 years after release. Will the infamous memory leak bug ever be fixed? Or the dozen other near game-breaking bugs? Stay tuned.

Hand shakes all around everybody.

What am I missing? I thought this game went T.U. a while ago.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > New Carmageddon is Indie Game?
10. Re: New Carmageddon is Indie Game? May 23, 2011, 12:28 kanniballl

Prez wrote on May 23, 2011, 11:44:
Carmageddon isn't Planescape Torment or Syndicate. It's a simple formula that should be fairly easy to replicate, so my hopes are pretty high that a new Carmageddon could be as good as the original.

I can't wait 'til the Morality Police get wind of the ultra-realistic pedestrian squishing!

I have a feeling that's going to be a big problem.

When the first game came out, heck even the second, PC games weren't getting nearly as much bad press as they do now. It was talked about, but not at the "think of the children" level it is today.

It seemed to level off (or even die off a little) around 2006 but the whole video games = murder simulator and video game = psychological butchery thing gets thrown around a lot even now.

Parent groups and what-not will see this as worse than GTA X, since running over people in GTA isn't really the point of the game. In fact running over people made your life a real pain because you had to run from the cops before you could continue the mission; sometimes that was fun, sometimes it was annoying.

Here you have 3 things to do in Carmageddon: win the race, smash the other cars, drive over pedestrians.

Meanwhile, I see it being hard to get an ESRB rating low enough to sell on the shelves... so this will probably have to be sold via digital purchase only. I mean, the recent Mortal Kombat had a hard time.

-Fry, Futurama

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2011, 11:18 kanniballl

In any case, no matter what at least you get a work-out and don't wreak of exhaust when you're done.

But how long did you have the manual one for?

No offense, but if you have to replace a big steel manual contraption every couple of years... is it still environmentally friendly? Sure even if it's every 2 years it's still probably better than most gas-powered but I'd hope you got at lest 5 years out of it (if not 10+).

I would've thought they'd made the blades easy to sharpen or make the blades/module replaceable.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Bungie MMO Destiny Rumors Return
13. Re: Bungie MMO Destiny Rumors Return May 20, 2011, 15:09 kanniballl

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2011, 14:18:
i dont see anyone saying its another 360 game.

If it's Halo it's another 360 game.
So saying it's Halo is saying it's a 360 game.
Where does it say it's Halo. Bungie no longer owns it.

I believe they said they would be willing to collaborate with MS on the next one if they ever did one, but it would be up to MS.

-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Rapture May 20, 2011, 14:22 kanniballl

Quboid wrote on May 20, 2011, 13:39:
So, it's the start of the rapture tomorrow. How are people holding up?
Well there's enough rain for it, that's for sure. I think I saw an Ark float by.

What surprised me though was, I actually saw a Billboard about this yesterday when I had to drive to a nearby city.

A billboard. About the end of days on 21-May.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Chucky Game This Fall
6. Re: Chucky Game This Fall May 20, 2011, 08:41 kanniballl

Weird, I guess as suggested it has something to do with old 1980s movie franchises coming to our gaming systems: Back to the Future, Ghost Busters, etc.

I guess a stealth killing game could work, like Splinter Cell or Metal Gear... but with Chucky and a heavier emphasis on killing.

I wouldn't get it, and I doubt it will make a lot of cash. But weirder things have happened.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Bungie MMO Destiny Rumors Return
8. Re: Bungie MMO Destiny Rumors Return May 20, 2011, 08:39 kanniballl

SectorEffector wrote on May 20, 2011, 00:02:
If this game looks anything like Halo character design wise or if it's just Halo MMO then I sorta hate Bungie for not doing ANYTHING new and original after making infinite money on that last 8-9 years of cash cow.

Well, I believe MS owns the intellectual property rights to HALO now, so it couldn't be "Halo MMO" unless it was for MS.

Then again I doubt that could stop them from making the game based with a similar character design to Halo, such as power-armor characters in Halo, Section 8, Crysis, etc.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Quote of the Day
28. Re: Quote of the  Day May 18, 2011, 16:25 kanniballl

Ahh, all of this talk about stores making a killing now-a-days on selling used games takes me back to college

I can buy this new textbook for $100. And maybe sell it back for $10 at the end of the semester.

Or I can buy this used beat-up textbook for $80.

Eventually I just started buying them new from textbook websites for cheaper than used from the school's bookstore.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought
13. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 16:09 kanniballl

Darks wrote on May 18, 2011, 16:06:
They really need to license the Flow Tech engine license from Gas Powered Games and make really large maps where you can feel like you’re in larger than life battles.

My only problem with that game was that sometimes I would just zoom way way out and macro-manage everything. And would only have to zoom in if it looked like I was getting creamed on one of the fronts.

Meanwhile you have the beautiful engine, but all you're seeing is red dots on a map.

But I agree, being stuck in a zoomed-in view has killed RTS for me. I'm not playing Diablo, I'm playing an RTS. Let me zoom out more.

-Fry, Futurama

10. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 15:39 kanniballl

Pankin wrote on May 18, 2011, 15:22:
kanniballl wrote on May 18, 2011, 14:49:
Frijoles wrote on May 18, 2011, 13:24:
And keep the cheesy cut scenes! And bring back Tim Curry!

What's wrong with the cut scenes? I loved that part all the way back in the first C&C (especially the NOD ones).

Reading comprehension, RIP.

Wow yeh. Thought I read it as "And cut teh cheesy..."

-Fry, Futurama

5. Re: Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought May 18, 2011, 14:49 kanniballl

Frijoles wrote on May 18, 2011, 13:24:
And keep the cheesy cut scenes! And bring back Tim Curry!

What's wrong with the cut scenes? I loved that part all the way back in the first C&C (especially the NOD ones).

Unless, did the recent games have lame cut scenes? I forget the recent games' cutscenes, save for the last couple that used them as an excuse to center the camera on TV actress X's cleavage.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2011, 15:03.

-Fry, Futurama

22. Re: Quote of the  Day May 18, 2011, 14:42 kanniballl

Creston wrote on May 18, 2011, 13:15:
That kind of turns into a chicken and the egg situation. What was there first, crippling piracy, or DRM? I was getting DRM on games as far back as I can remember, long before I even realized there was such a thing as piracy.

I miss the old DRM days.
Like the questions at the beginning of Leisure Suit Larry
Or X-Wing asking for the word at the bottom of page X

The old Commodore 64/128 days, I don't recall any. In fact I knew a lot of people that pirated games for that. I recall being told we technically shouldn't but it was alright. What kind of mind-frell is that for a young kid: you shouldn't do it / but it's ok.

-Fry, Futurama

21. Re: Quote of the  Day May 18, 2011, 14:38 kanniballl

The topic can be taken one of two ways: understating piracy or overstating used-sales. IE:

Piracy is almost a non-issue at this point, and something like the "concern" publishers have over second hand games.

Or

Piracy is less problematic now, and the second-hand sales are actually even more annoying. Focus on that.

I take it to be the first one, but some comments make it sound like it's the second.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 18, 2011, 13:43 kanniballl

Fion wrote on May 18, 2011, 12:22:
I swear people take things far to seriously these days. The taunt is a JOKE! The character in the game isn't adopted, she is a CLONE!

Grow a pair indeed!

I thought the Easter Eggs implied Chell was once the daughter of some Aperature Science employees and was in a form of stasis this whole time.

-Fry, Futurama

7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 18, 2011, 13:41 kanniballl

Krovven wrote on May 18, 2011, 13:37:
Now if websites would stop using the headline 'PSN hacked Again' and people would actually read the story...

PSN wasnt hacked again. User info was not compromised. This was the web based password changer that allowed passwords to be changed using information that had previously been compromised.

Either way Sony took it down right away and is changing it.

Yeh the title is very misleading and sensational.

It makes it sound like their CC data was compromised again. When it was just reporting that Sony realized their password reset page was completely idiotic.

-Fry, Futurama

6. MS Confirms Free Console Replacements May 18, 2011, 13:39 kanniballl

Actually, this story surprised me the most.

Because the new 360 disc format is incompatible with a small percentage of 360s, Microsoft is offering free replacements with their newer model.

I would've thought they would just leave it as "sucks to be you"

-Fry, Futurama

2665 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo