Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mindwarp

Real Name mindwarp   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname kanniballl
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 20, 2003, 19:36
Total Comments 2665 (Senior)
User ID 17133

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clue
17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clue Aug 30, 2011, 12:48 kanniballl

Techie714 wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 12:14:
Kind of off topic, but who plays the voice of Adam? He has one BAD ASS voice!

Nevermind found it!
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Elias_Toufexis
On a side note, you can also try IMDB since voice acting in gaming is now recorded.

However, some people will point out that it isn't always 100% accurate. Games might be incomplete (various "other" voices) and sometimes doesn't give all of the multi-voice credits to the same actor correctly.

But for a simple main character lookup, it's the easiest place to go.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message
73. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coded Message Aug 30, 2011, 11:42 kanniballl

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 02:39:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 01:31:
Damn it, I hate being forced to leave a city without being given a choice. About six hours without getting access to a merchant.

I left gear and my modded silent sniper rife near the merchant in Hengsha China. Never had a clue I would be sent on to TWO Full missions, without ever going to a merchant again before the End fight.

Any time you are about to leave a city, you are given a Yes/No prompt that warns you that you will not be coming back. In your case specifically, Tong tells you that there is NO TURNING BACK once you plant the explosive and board the cargo ship off to who knows where. It would be nice if they had more guys like the gangster at the beginning of that one mission where you can buy stuff, though.

Well, all isn't lost. There is SSTa hidden LIMB store in the artic map. It's blocked by a vending machine sitting lopsided in the door. So you can at least spend some of your cash on Aug upgrades./SST

However I didn't see any vendors in the facility right after the docks missions... so that stunk.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2011, 13:56.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Halo 4: The Reclaimer Trilogy - You do the maths Aug 30, 2011, 09:33 kanniballl

Frank O' Conner wouldn't outright confirm that Forerunners will actually be in the game, but he did explain that you'll be able to "experience Forerunner architecture when it's not completely inert and empty." You do the maths.

Eh, it's not a gaurantee.

For example, you could find a hidden world that is now populated by non-Forerunner aliens. Perhaps original Forerunner buildings, or aliens just rebuilt the area using Forerunner architecture.

Or perhaps its populated with bipedal Robots left behind by the Forerunners.

Then again, I wouldn't doubt that they'd put actual forerunners into the game if for no other reason than fan service.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
162. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 30, 2011, 09:25 kanniballl

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 23:33:
Anyway, just had the best firefight of the game. Took some guys out from a vent, hopped down, took out a camera so it wouldn't bitch at me, didn't realize a few more guys were in the area, two of which were well armed, plus a robot. Ran in circles from them a I tried to find the robot console. Meanwhile I keep hearing guys saying "man, I must have been knocked out," making me think that they can revive tranqed men. I see them jumping off of ledges, but ultimately they're near me, not the robot. So I make a mad dash, then a jump, past the robot and into cover, letting him wipe them out while I save ammo.

Intense.

Then I find another robot to hack, with no one nearby, then yet another robot shoots me as I madly punch a wall (which I just purchase, thankfully) and run into a vent. As I dash around trying to find the robot console I realize a well armored guy is in the room with me. I start pounding him with double shotgun blasts but he isn't going down. He throws an EMP at me, knocking stuff offline but I can still shoot. Or could, the robot (or a buddy) came into the door I had and shot me in the back.

Intense. When these firefights are actually on they're as intense as FEAR was (when played on the hardest difficulty without using bullet time.)

Yeh, the enemy can revive unconscious comrades.

It's one of the trade-offs of using those kinds of weapons so you'll want to either stun-and-sneak-away or stun and hide the body. I just ALWAYS hide the body in case there's some patrolling NPC I haven't accounted for, or if I mess up later and accidentally lead some guys from another room into a self-made opium den.

If you're in an actual firefight then you need to take out everyone quickly and don't lose their attention so they decide to wake up their team mate. Though I don't know how their logic goes, how they rank the priority of: fighting you, waking comrades, searching for you if you've hidden, hitting the alarm button, etc.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Valve on the Importance of Not Sucking
21. Re: Valve on the Importance of Not Sucking Aug 30, 2011, 09:07 kanniballl

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 03:20:
I agree. Newell comes across to me as the greatest hypocrit of the game industry with lines like the above, because all Valve is doing at the moment is cashing in on cheap franchise sequels and mods that they can easily commercialize instead of creating something unique themselves like HL2:EP3!

Is that sarcasm?

... because all Valve is doing at the moment is cashing in on cheap franchise sequels and mods that they can easily commercialize instead of creating something unique themselves like HL2:EP3 a cheap sequel-episode to the Half-Life franchise!

That all being said, I have to agree with the overall sentiment. Nothing really "new" out from them as far as I can see. Just Portal 2, LFD 2, etc.

I guess they're too busy counting their money from their cut of Steam sales.

-Fry, Futurama

158. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 22:43 kanniballl

nin wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 14:34:
I've yet to have a crash or lockup...

Same here.

Modern system, though not top-of-the-line. Quad Core 2.6GHz, nVidia GTX 460, Win7 64-bit Ultimate

29 hours, and counting. Not a single crash or freeze.

-Fry, Futurama

110. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 11:07 kanniballl

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 07:24:
All the radar improving augs seem quite redundant. One allows you to use radar through walls, which happens already. Another lets you track through walls, but I haven't tracked once. Why bother? That's what eyes are for.

I figured I'd upgrade my radar to 2x and not have to LoS them to add them to my screen. I didn't like it and loaded my last auto-save.

In a busy area, all of the arrows were jumbled together in a soup. I prefer the smaller-radius so I can pick everyone out.

Unless... is there a zoom-radar button or something after you upgrade?

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2011, 11:01 kanniballl

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 05:50:

Glad you are safe - but sounds like a normal spring here in MN. Go talk to the people (i call them morons) that live in the river valley that floods every year in Southern MN.

Oh I know it.

Really, as far as storms go this wasn't bad... by the time it reached here it was either a Tropical Storm... or a very low end cat1 hurricane. We've had worse freak-rain-storms in the last few years, and areas of the town have flooded worse.

People were losing their minds here prior, flooding the stores and what-not to buy their batteries and such. Covering stuff up with plastic. etcc.

I guess it's a regional thing; the area isn't used to earthquakes or really bad storms, so when they happen people freak out. Meanwhile Flordia and California are looking at us and wondering what the fuss is about.

-

-Fry, Futurama

85. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 02:12 kanniballl

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 23:58:
Well, I hid it last time but people don't seem to care.

Boss fights can be cheesed. Its called Typhoon.

And if you want to make it REAL easy, cloak and then typhoon.

I figured, which is why I avoided Typhoon. Heck, I avoided most of the combat-heavy augs. I kind of wish there were non-fighting boss confrontations, like the original DX where you could use the kill codes to take out the 2 old augs.

But even still, the bosses here aren't that hard.

The first boss, liberally throw red barrels (explosions) and air tanks (poison gas). If you want, ground him with an EMP grenade.

The second boss was a bit harder since she cloaks and rushes... but you can re-use that logic (with grenades) and liberal shotgun blasts.

I've only gotten as far as returning to China though.

-Fry, Futurama

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2011, 02:06 kanniballl

Here in my section of NJ

In my town we have some rivers cresting a little, and trees down left-and-right. Some completely uprooted. Some other NJ towns got flooded. It messed up power quite royally in my town and adjoining towns, though my street faired a little better than most.

My company actually cancelled work tomorrow. I'm not complaining, a couple of the roads I take are closed (including my back-up route) so I'd rather not put too much thought into how I'm gonna make the trip.

In my house, the power and Internet have been flakey. So even if I wanted to work from home tomorrow I couldn't really trust it.

What's funny is after we cleaned up the lawn in the early afternoon (when the wind died down), it picked up again something fierce. The multi-story Oak trees shed another large batch of thick branches. Fortunately nothing struck the house, but it made all of the work a wasted effort.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2011, 02:17.

-Fry, Futurama

10. Re: Hurricane Aug 26, 2011, 14:52 kanniballl

Steelcamp wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 14:31:
death destruction...cats living with dogs...mass hysteria!!!
The Streets will flow with the blood of the non-believers....

Come on!!!! it will be a little rain and wind...possibly a new roof...
Yeh, it's supposed to get all the way down to Cat 1 by the time it hits NJ (where I am). In other words, one step over a tropical storm.

I'm sure the coastal areas might be pounded enough to for residents to be concerned... but if you're inland enough it will probably just be a bad storm.

Yet people around in my knack of the woods are acting like we're about to experience "The Perfect Storm"

-Fry, Futurama

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2011, 12:00 kanniballl

Yeh, you can't really blame the dog if it's a stomach-issue.

My dog usually feels bad enough on the rare occasions when it's happened. But if he's sick and home alone or his human masters can't wake up fast enough... it's not really his fault. But he's still acting scared and sad about it, so no reason to yell at him.

The problem though, is if the dog gets really sick. Our dog had very bad stomach issues one time... and as a result he kept leaving imprints on the floor where he sat with his leaky a$$. That was a lot of cleanup, fortunately he stuck to the ceramic tile kitched and didn't stray into the carpeted living room.

-

-Fry, Futurama

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2011, 09:44 kanniballl

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 13:31:
it felt like short continuous vibrations. similar to hearing kids running around the upper floor of an apartment building

That's exactly like the one here in Oklahoma was awhile back. As a matter of fact, I first thought it was a (huge) guy who sits down the way just coming back to his desk (and in his defense, it's more in the way the building was made than his weight).

We felt it up here in NJ. And a couple of thoughts came through my mind, one of them was literally that someone even bigger then me was jogging by my cube. My monitor shook, it had the uniform pattern of someone jogging or running with massive footsteps.

But when I saw the hanging-lights were wobbling and nobody was running, I figured maybe they're moving something along the ceiling or the bulldozer outside just did something stupid/bad.

Eh, I got out of work for like 45-60 minutes because of it so I can't complain.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons
60. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 25, 2011, 09:37 kanniballl

nin wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 09:27:
rist3903 wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 02:48:
I can't believe Gamestop is making me root for Onlive.

Lesser of two evils, I suppose.

It also astounds me that, on a few other boards, I've actually seen a few people defending lamestop over their decision. It's like I've stumbled into bizarro world or something...

Yeh, it's weird.

First, it's Gamestop. They're whole PC-handling situation sucks enough anyway.

I can understand someone feeling indifferent about Gamestop deciding to not sell a game because it competes with their thing. Heck, I can even understand someone defending that. And yes, I understand they eventually stopped selling the games instead.

But I can't see HOW anyone can defend them taking stuff like that out of the box, sealing it, and selling it. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if that violated some Weights + Measures or Better Business Bureau guidelines... if not violated some law out-right.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons
59. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 25, 2011, 09:34 kanniballl

Overon wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 21:38:
Gamestop is giving PC gamers one more reason not to buy pc games from them. It's not like they have a large selection anyway, they should just give up even having a PC section. Gamestop go back to where you make the most, ripping off people who sell their used games to you.

I stopped using them years ago, except the occasional console game since they're around 5 miles closer than BestBuy and sometimes I want to impulse-buy.

I have 2 or 3 Gamestops in driving distance, and one of them literally had a 3-foot shelf that had a couple of boxes of some recent release AND their bargain-bin stuff I stopped bothering.

Seriously, it was less than a year before Star Craft 2 came out. And their 3-foot PC shelf was sharing some new releases and 2 beat-up boxes of Warcraft III.

The other 2 stores were a little better, but not by much.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched
36. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Aug 24, 2011, 09:52 kanniballl

Kitkoan wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 01:34:
Talutha wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 00:31:
Kitkoan wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 00:00:
Dades wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 23:20:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 22:28:
SWEET!! Zero-day patches! Good job publishers! Way to push your devs so hard they can't even fucking QA their unfinished products!

It's possible to catch every single bug before release obviously Rolleyes

I remember the days before the internet. Games had to be as bug-free as possible since patching was almost impossible after the game was shipped. Now with the internet, buggy code is the normal for games since they can patch it up later (if ever...).

The games of today are also infinitely more complicated and running on many more hardware configurations then back in the day as well.

Yeah, but newer games also made with better tools that can do better error checking, and hardware issues shouldn't be as big an issue since we now have API's that weren't available back then. But these issues (including many hardware ones) still happen today, more so then they ever did. Same has been noticed in console games. Newer console games have so many patches, many zero-day and this never was an issue until companies were able to issues patches.

I still encountered bugs with off-the-shelf (non-pirated) games-of-old. Even my favorite game: Tie Fighter. Sometimes said games would crash spectacularly and I'd lose my place.

The more complex the software and environment, the more likely there's a going to be a bug.

There are better error checking tools out there now and all of that, but even they aren't perfect.

I'm a software developer, and you can never make anything bug free.

• Oh, this app isn't working on my non-standard work PC = bug.

• Oh, this JSP application isn't working well on my non-standard browser I installed on my work PC = bug.

• Oh, after upgrading DRIVER-X on my machine I'm encountering probles = bug

• Oh, I decided to upgrade my Oracle client without telling you and the application stopped working = bug

• Oh, I did something NO SANE PERSON would ever think of doing and it broke the process = bug

•  
    -Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive
    71. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 09:01 kanniballl

Honestly, I pre-ordered and pre-loaded it already but didn't remember until around 8PM last night (Tuesday) that it was released.

I only played a little, just past the opening credits into your first assigned mission. I enjoyed it. I figured out the X vs Y thing pretty quick... but I didn't try the SSAO thing.

The weird thing is, the machine gun you start out with. I don't know, holding onto that thing... the whole model of it just reminded me of an old-school game compared to some of the shooters I've played lately. I'm not saying that's bad or good, just different.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Duke Reboot Planned?
    11. Re: Duke Reboot Planned? Aug 22, 2011, 13:06 kanniballl

saluk wrote on Aug 22, 2011, 12:35:
    Well, reboot doesn't necessarily have to do with story. They could be changing the character, redesigning the gameplay etc. I don't think gearbox is the right team for this. Give it to croteam or something lol. Gearbox is too "safe" for duke.

Eh, whatever. I still haven't purchased Forever and might not until I see it in the bargain bin for dirt cheap... for nostalgia's sake.

If it's gameplay and such, I wouldn't call that a reboot as much as just another version... perhaps like how the recent Superman flick was supposed to ignore Supermans 3 and 4 according to the writers/directors/etc... Duke Nukem Returns could ignore Forever.

Then again, I'd guess they'd want some sort of word to say "yeh ignore the last one... this is really Duke Nukem... we promise."

I know, but I imagine you'd still want a bad-a$$ Duke... and it's not like he was drenched in back-story. Until Forever, he was a generic tough guy and that was kind of his charm. They didn't "try" to make him anything more interesting than that and the game was mindless fun.

Making him an Iraqi war vet working as a bouncer and using his military wits to fight aliens wouldn't be Duke.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2011, 13:13.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Duke Reboot Planned?
    5. Re: Duke Reboot Planned? Aug 22, 2011, 12:13 kanniballl

I don't know if the term "reboot" applies here.

Duke wasn't exactly kneck-deep in story, it was just a fun game. Aliens invade, general tough-guy kicks butt. When they went 3D I guess they added a bit more charm with his Bruce Campbell one-liners and various strippers.

I see "reboot" more akin to a restart to the story like the recent Batman films and what they're supposedly going to do with Superman films(starting over from scratch). And various comic retcons and such.

So a reboot for Duke would be what? Duke is a bouncer and aliens invade... so he fights them? IE, no world-reknowned hero status yet.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
    8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 21, 2011, 12:48 kanniballl

For what it's worth... Valve is getting annoying with their release schedule. They're getting slow to release... one of the points of "episodes" is to release content quicker. Yet the last episode was years ago.

Honestly, I can't really blame some for poking fun at Valve for their schedule... even if the guy is from Epic.

-Fry, Futurama

2665 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 21.
    < Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo