Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mindwarp

Real Name mindwarp   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname kanniballl
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 20, 2003, 19:36
Total Comments 2665 (Senior)
User ID 17133

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 18:33 kanniballl

eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2013, 18:19:
Full agree! Dust An Elysian Tail is an awesome side-scrolling beat em up. Easily the best 2D side-scrolling game I ever played to be honest... and the Story is great. And I actually loved the nimbat side-kick. Some great dialog and cuteness factor.

Also, I'm glad to see side-scrollers getting back into the mix. I really missed them.

I HIGHLY recommend "Mark of the Ninja"

Think 2D action, combined with a little 2D sneaking (Splinter Cell / Thief / etc). Only you're a kick-arse Ninja.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 18:32 kanniballl

eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2013, 18:19:
Full agree! Dust An Elysian Tail is an awesome side-scrolling beat em up. Easily the best 2D side-scrolling game I ever played to be honest... and the Story is great. And I actually loved the nimbat side-kick. Some great dialog and cuteness factor.

I like Dust.

It's just a little too cute. Not a lot, like 10% or something.

I'm fine with light-hearted games, and the N64 Zelda games were quite "cute" at times. But it's just a teensy-bit too cute. Particularly the sidekick's dialog at times.

But it's still fun. And at least I get to play another solid side-scroller using high-res graphics.

Now if only we could see more 2D space shooters and I'd be in heaven.

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Borderlands 2 "Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep" DLC in June
14. Re: Borderlands 2 May 3, 2013, 10:45 kanniballl

Creston wrote on May 3, 2013, 00:15:
Narf2029 wrote on May 3, 2013, 00:12:
Dagnamit wrote on May 2, 2013, 23:30:
call me when single player mode isn't so damn tedious.

No shit. Multiplayer is a blast but in single player I'm just the guy who hides behind stuff until his turret recharges.

May I suggest changing your build.

Creston

Agreed

I'm late to the party, I only started playing last weekend.

I chose Maya (Siren class) and single player is fun and engaging. Her lockdown makes for fun gameplay and it heals me so double-bonus.

I purposely avoided a Pet class because those just seem less gratifying.

I was going to role "Zero" but decided on Maya instead.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2012, 07:44 kanniballl

crypto wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 18:37:
For the first time, I'm wondering how superman shaves his face...

Some depictions, like the ABC series "Lois and Clark," had him using his heat ray vision to burn them off (like a laser). Either bouncing it off a regular mirror, or a special high-tech/alien mirror that could withstand his beam.

Another option I guess is the "Hancock" route. In that film, the hero's fingernails were so strong and sharp that he used them to shave.

There have been other suggestions when this concept comes up from time to time, usually involving Superman's 3 physical vulnerabilities: Kryptonite, Red Sunlight, and Magic.

-

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 10, 2012, 19:12 kanniballl

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 18:31:
"Kind of don't blame them," what could you possibly blame them for? Unless they were taking a blank check from some relief organization meant for repairing the lines, and opting for a much more expensive solution that would benefit them, this is nothing but a GOOD thing. Almost makes me want a tropical storm around here... I'd love me some FiOS.

I heard about this, and someone was talking about it by the water cooler. They were annoyed because their parents (I don't know where) are in a similar situation as Blue.

No hard-line service, and the estimation still says it's a long ways out.

The guy was saying "I imagine it's about this FIOS Replacement thing... they really should get the copper working instead since phones are a necessity in an emergency"

And I guess I can see where he's coming from. It's one thing if your Internet connection is down for months, but for some people having their landline down for months is inexcusable. What if they need to dial 911? What if they don't have cellphones (I know some people that don't). etc.

Me: in that situation, I'd say that the infrastructure upgrade is probably worth it. Maybe have them give out some free (low-quality) prepaid phones to customers that are affected so they can make some calls.

-

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
20. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 10, 2012, 19:03 kanniballl

I KID YOU NOT... I almost head-on'ed someone who did this wrong the other day.

I was driving from my condo to my parent's place. I took rt 78 and took the exit off near their town. The speed limit is like 40mph around a bend.

Some a$$hat, and I kid you not, apparently followed the "make a left" directions and made the left UP THE WRONG WAY OF AN EXIT. In other words: 1 lane with me going 40mph one direction (off the highway) and him going probably 30mph in the other (towards the highway). And his braking reaction time really sucked, especially considering he was going UP hill and I was going down.

I. LAID. ON. MY. HORN. AND. JAMMED. THE. BRAKES

Him: Is this the way to rt 78?
Me: ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME? YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY
Him: Chill bro, I'm just following the GPS
Me: Chill my a$$, you were about to enter the wrong direction of a major highway, and almost kill my a$$

Now, I've seen some iffy exits/onramps and such but this exit/onramp was NOT one of them. The signs are clear. The WRONG WAY signs are clear. It was a clear day. The exit is HERE, the onramp is very clearly marked to prevent dumb a$$es from doing that.

Yet he was getting pissed at me and kept saying stuff like "The GPS says this is the way" Umm, use common sense. If you have 2 or 3 rows of WRONG WAY / DO NOT ENTER signs the GPS saying it's the right way (which I can't imagine being true) doesn't excuse you.

Again, I've seen some questionable ones... but I NEVER trust the "turn left here" without doing a visual inspection (can I enter here, do the signs say it's OK, etc).

-

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2012, 19:08.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 10, 2012, 18:18 kanniballl

God, I don't know which side of the fence to sit on.

For example, if I know a vague "this place is x00 miles north-west" and my GPS is taking me north west, I tend to give it the benefit of the doubt. Once or twice, mostly in my older car, I noticed the GPS was taking me to the wrong place and I stopped and corrected accordingly.

So I don't think it's dumb if you don't know where the heck you're going (other than a vague direction) and the GPS is telling you to go into a cruddy area that becomes so bad your wheels get stuck.

On the other hand, the article is somewhat vague as to what happened. Were they directed down some roads that eventually became dirt and thus got their wheels stuck? Were they told to take a right into an open field? Were they told to make a left and drive into a lake? etc.

• So, if I was thought I was going to Chester NJ... which depending on how I get there takes me either THROUGH or at least really near the Great Swamp...

• And I notice it's driving me through some really small roads in the great swamp...

• And eventually into the middle of nowhere... I'd HOPE I'd have enough common sense to say WTF before I got too far away from the main roads. But if I didn't know the area I might take it at its word.

•  
    -Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 10, 2012, 18:11 kanniballl

jdreyer wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 15:06:
    I guess that's why Blue's land line will be out of commission for so long: using the disaster as an opportunity to upgrade to FiOS.

In many ways, I kind of don't blame them.

If sections go so entirely thrashed that you need to replace large stretches of stuff... you might as well go with something newer and modern. And if it has the potential to boost your revenue stream in the long-term, then all-the-better.

It's like your computer... maybe it's doing a good enough job as it is. But if it takes a massive dump (CPU overheated, spilled water, etc.) then you might as well upgrade it a little instead of trying to find 3 year old parts.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
    3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 17, 2012, 10:42 kanniballl

Fantaz wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 09:30:
    "run Blu-Ray discs" I call B.S. Why would M$ allow their console to play their competitors disc format?

I'd say it's quite possible. I'd be fine with an SSD solution: fast, QUIET, and small things. But I'm probably the minority.

HD-DVD died a pretty hard death. it was a coin-flip for a while, but it died. It's probably not worth them dusting off manufacturing for that.

Meanwhile, DVD is pretty small storage now-a-days. It's not TOO bad for compressed install files but if you want uncompessed-ish textures and stuff it fills quickly. Going BluRay would give them more space.

It's expensive to come up with and manufacture a new format of something; especially at the beginning.

So their choices are really:
  • DVD, with the size limitations requiring multiple DVDs per game

• BluRay, which requires them giving a royalty to Sony

• Some sort of solid-state chip thing

• And it all comes down to: do they still want a "disc" player so they have a shot at limited backwards-compatibility AND roping in some users that want an all-in-one device (Gaming + Netflix + DVDs/BluRay).

Or do they want to take the first step and be the first non-portable console to go with SSD chips. Haters might start saying "MS is taking a step backwards to cartridges... they're selling remodeled Ataris LOL LOL"

-

-Fry, Futurama

8. Kind of finally have power Nov 4, 2012, 19:31 kanniballl

My parents got power back on Saturday night over here in NJ... so at least I can crash somewhere that has lights and HEAT.

Unfortunately my condo is still dark, and latest word is it will stay that way until Wednesday. So, sucks for me I guess. But I didn't have any damage at my place so I guess that counts for something.

What's REALLY annoying is getting gas... this is turning into a real cluster****

In my town, the lines go on for miles. I waited in line for 3 hours for NOTHING. The station had power and plenty of gas, but the owner couldn't get anyone to come in to man the pumps and said "Oh well, sucks for all of you." (Note: NJ requires employees to fill your tanks, unlike most of the country).

But at least I played it smart and made sure my battery didn't die... others weren't as prepared and got stuck with a dead battery and almost no gas.

I eventually rolled the dice and drove 25 miles away to find gas in Flemington when I only had about maybe 35 miles left in my tank. Fortunately lady luck shined on me. Otherwise I didn't have enough to get home without asking a co-worker to meet me with a gas can.

Sigh I'm hoping my condo gets power soon. I love my folks, but after almost a week with them I'm starting to lose my cool.

-

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2012, 19:37.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
    7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 29, 2012, 09:49 kanniballl

shinchan0s wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 18:03:
    I switched to Hulu to watch Community reruns.

I'm still paying for my Hulu Plus account, but I often wonder why I even bother.

Commercials
    Confusing licensing: watch THIS on TV, but THAT on PC
    etc

The only plus is it has some recent stuff in case I forget to record something.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > GTA5 in Spring?
    29. Re: GTA5 in Spring? Oct 29, 2012, 03:17 kanniballl

Haven't been the biggest of fans of GTA since they went 3D.

I'm not saying they're bad, it's just that I'm no longer the biggest fan of sandbox games / environments. I guess I have ADD when it comes to that... I think the game is awesome at first, then I start doing all of the side missions and explore a bunch, and... by the time I factor in real-life side-tracks and such I'm usually too many steps removed from the main storyline/mission/etc when I return to give a darn.

I think I'd enjoy it more if I stuck to the main missions more, or at least dedicated a solid block (weeks/whatever) of time to the game so I wouldn't get side-tracked for a week or two. OK, what was I doing? Where am I supposed to go? etc

I'm not saying I need the game to be on rails... but "too much" freedom in the game is sometimes a bad thing.

-

-Fry, Futurama

6. This dog has trained his owner well. Oct 28, 2012, 14:45 kanniballl

Yeh, my dogs have done that with the stairs and a tennis ball. Well, not so much now anymore.

The funniest / most annoying thing is though, they like to make US play fetch.

Our driveway (at my parents' place) is a steep hill. Not too long, maybe 30-50 feet, but fairly steep.

Anyway, when he wants to play and sees we're not in the mood, he'll bring a soccer ball to the driveway where it starts to slope down, lets the ball go, and barks. Obviously we run to go get it, else it winds up in the street or perhaps into a car or whatever.

Dang tricky dogs. We bring it back, he does it again :-)

-

-Fry, Futurama

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2012, 14:39 kanniballl

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 14:14:
    I've heard it is the WORST storm ever to hit the east coast. Though they seem to say that about every single one now... Anyhow, hello from sunny California.

Wow, you managed to squeeze out a post between Earthquakes / Mud slides / Brush fires / Droughts

J/K

Yes, it seems like just about any storm worth its salt is called the "worst... storm... ever" over here.

My favorite was, they were calling for blizzard + whiteout conditions with like 2-feet of snow maybe 5-6 years back. Snow storm of the century. Seriously. Schools sent out snow-day messages the night before. Companies closed. Etc. I was all geared up to stay home from work the following day.

Not a single... snowflake... fell... That's not hyperbole, not a single snow flake. To save face, the weathermen had to drive way the hell up north to do their "on the scene" bits, where they got maybe 2 inches or something. Like up-UP state NY. People used to joke that they would see a Moose in the background.

The weather-persons lost a LOT of respect after that. Not that they had much to begin with, but you'd think they would learn to dial back the "DOOOOOM" statements.

-

-Fry, Futurama

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2012, 14:07 kanniballl

It's like a flippin' anniversary.

Last year, right around this time, NJ got hit with that freak snow storm that took out power left-and-right. My town got hit pretty hard, mostly because we have so many tall trees that were still bearing leaves (which acting as cups to capture the wet snow). So branches (or entire tops of trees) would just fall onto houses, powerlines, etc.

I was without power for like 6 days and 12 hours or something. Not fun.

I just moved last month to a condo community. Fortunately most of our lines are buried, but I can't say the same for the rest of the town. Thus I wouldn't be surprised if we lose power over here.

In any case: bought lots of water, my flashlights are good, and my phones are charged.

-

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Launch Trailer
    5. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Launch Trailer Oct 28, 2012, 13:51 kanniballl

Jerykk wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 07:31:
    Eh? The physics look completely unrealistic to me. There's a video where the player drivers off a ramp, spins in midair and lands on a rooftop, like something you'd see in San Francisco Rush.

I also don't care for their simplified damage system. Every car essentially has a health bar and when the health bar is fully depleted, the car crashes. Also, you have re-inflatable tires so spike strips don't really mean anything.

I don't think the grandparent meant physics as in realism, just the handling.

I don't think any Need for Speed title has had anything close to real physics... especially damage physics.

At one point after Most Wanted, they started to embrace drifting a bit too much and thus every turn was something out of Tokyo Drift. When in a game, I'd prefer a middle ground... sure skid around a little but don't turn it into "Wheels on Ice"

-

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2012, 14:04.

-Fry, Futurama

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2012, 11:54 kanniballl

Dolph Lundgren has the same IQ as Stephen Hawking... Really?

I know IQ isn't everything, but still...

And to be honest, I would've thought Hawking's IQ would be higher than that even withOUT knowing Lundgren's. Like 170 or something, as I've known some 160-ers.

-

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
    1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Sep 23, 2012, 11:27 kanniballl

Wow, Apple wants ANOTHER 700mill, bringing the judgement up to close to $2 Billion (with a B).

Apple needs to let it go. This is insane... rounded corners, 1 button, swipe to unlock, etc.

-Fry, Futurama

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2012, 02:11 kanniballl

RailWizard wrote on Aug 18, 2012, 23:00:
    It's a different style, tho it's the same universe. It feels like you're watching a video game. It's nothing stellar, but worth a viewing I'd say.

Yeh, same universe with the "big 3" surviving characters from the first film (different voices). But a completely different feel.

It was "alright" Better than the 2nd and 3rd films, but nothing particularly special.

The first film still holds a special place in my heart... it's in my top-10 films list even though everyone I talk to (in r/l) hates it.

In the first 15-30 minutes though, they kind of make fun of the first film. One of the characters pretended to use a console to place a call, when the girl he was with realized he wasn't using it they both laughed and started quoting "Would you like to know more" and "do your part"

-

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2012, 02:23.

-Fry, Futurama

33. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2012, 15:26 kanniballl

I like Arthur's Tavern for burgers... I've only had 1 less-than-stellar burger there in my life. Unfortunately it was my last time there, so I might go again soon to undo that.

A small Stake / Bar place, only 2 or 3 places in NJ.

-Fry, Futurama

2665 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 3.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo