Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mindwarp

Real Name mindwarp   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname kanniballl
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 20, 2003, 19:36
Total Comments 2665 (Senior)
User ID 17133

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Cancelled Avengers Game Footage
24. Re: Cancelled Avengers Game Footage Sep 18, 2011, 22:47 kanniballl

Wildone wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 18:33:
HULL rocks

HULL Smass!

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2011, 20:16 kanniballl

Blue wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 20:13:
kanniballl wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 18:25:
Krieger had some of the best random quotes, but all of them have such great lines.

Daaaaaannnnyyyyy!

My top 3 fav Krieger quotes

- Your authority is not recognized in Fort KickAss

- The secret ingredient, is Phone

- And *I* love that I have an erection

Krieger for the win :-)

And an honorable mention to his Flex account rants.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2011, 18:25 kanniballl

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 15:57:
Blue wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 10:06:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 21:44:
The wife hates it when I mention the DANGER ZONE!

Laaaanaaaa!

*giggle* *giggle* *giggle* (whisper) danger zone

Season 1 of Archer is quite easily the most quotable season of any TV show I've ever seen. Season 2 is good as well, but the one-liners in S1 are just insane.

Krieger had some of the best random quotes, but all of them have such great lines.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 17, 2011, 18:23 kanniballl

beigemore wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 13:42:
Any "platform" that has no tactile buttons will never be my gaming machine of choice.

Yeh. I've tried a bunch of games on it, and while some arcade-type games do "alright" it's not going to be much of a platform for me. Just the occasional Angry Birds and a couple of others when I'm bored.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: AT&T will launch LTE network Sep 16, 2011, 16:23 kanniballl

Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 10:29:
Network to be just as shitty as their current 3G network.

Eh, for what it's worth. By me AT&T is still way better than T-Mobile and Sprint in terms of coverage.

Verizon beats the coverage by me and their 4G beats AT&T's 3G and current "4G." But AT&T's 3G beats Verizon's 3G.

That and I'm grandfathered in for unlimited data.

With Verizon having 4G and some good phones, the only thing keeping me on AT&T is the ability to swap out SIMs and a couple of minor things. Verizon is slightly more expensive, but my work-discount for Verizon is slightly higher than AT&T's so it balances out.

-

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2011, 17:34.

-Fry, Futurama

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 12:55 kanniballl

Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 12:18:

Yes. Yes, it really was. It rewrote practically 90% of existing cannon, it totally and utterly fucked up scientific progression throughout the timeline, and it was just plain fucking bad.
OK, yes... cannon was out the window. An Enterprise before Pike's, retconning Vulcans a little bit, the Expanse, a couple of mini Death Stars, etc. And a bunch of the story archs were rubbish.

But I liked Archer/Tripp/Malcom and a few others. T'Paul was just eye candy but at least had some character development.

I liked the final season, as well as the stand-alones scattered throughout the series. Some of the Expanse episodes were also alright and might as well have been stand-alones.

Was it GREAT? NO
Was it alright? Sure

But it's all just opinion... even 99.9% of people agreeing on something subjective is just opinion.

-Fry, Futurama

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 11:08 kanniballl

InBlack wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 10:57:
Every time I see "Archer" I always think of Captain Archer, and bile comes rushing up my throat. Damn Enterprise is bad...

I don't get the hate. Sure, it wasn't the best Trek to date but it wasn't THAT bad.

And as it stands, I liked Scott Bakula as Capt Archer. The writing wasn't that great, and the underlining story-arc wasn't exactly well thought out... but the characters were OK.

-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 10:45 kanniballl

Archer was alright, only one episode in so I can't tell if the season-quality is maintaining.

I didn't catch the credits last night but I guess that Patrick Warburton (aka Putty) as the man hunter. If so, it was a decent repeat of his Brock Samson personality from Venture Brothers (particularly the flare gun scene... very Brock).

I guess the 3 episodes this calendar year are going to focus on a specific adventure. And I'm fine with that, so long as they keep showing the rest of the team doing their mundane duties and having hysterical conversations.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2011, 10:52.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans
35. Re: LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans Sep 16, 2011, 08:41 kanniballl

InBlack wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 05:04:
Tie Fighter 3!!! (Keeps fingers crossed)

Umm, didn't you skip a number?

There was (from Tie Figher, on...):
  • Tie Fighter

• Tie Fighter: Defender of the Empire (an expansion)

• Various collections / special editions of Tie Fighter. One had another set of missions.

• XWing vs Tie Fighter

• XWing Alliance
  •  
    -Fry, Futurama

News Comments > LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans
    34. Re: LucasArts' Action/Adventure, FPS, and Aerial Combat Plans Sep 16, 2011, 08:40 kanniballl

Dev wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 08:17:
    Flatline wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 19:23:
    This is what I'm betting on. Lucas wants to pretend that Episodes 4-6 don't exist.
    I think its more like he wants to try and vindicate his decision to go all whack in ep 1-3. More like "oh yeah? You don't like clone wars? Well you are going get more of it so suck it down!"

Honestly, if the combat is fun and it runs smooth I'd only be slightly let-down if the era was around Ep1-Ep3 instead of Ep4-Ep6. I had loads of fun with XWing Alliance even though a solid percentage involved flying civilian / commercial ships.

That all being said, Tie Fighter is still my favorite PC game ever. And would love a REAL/HONEST/HONORABLE sequel.

-Fry, Futurama

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 08:34 kanniballl

PHJF wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 11:24:
    It's OK, Walking Dead was fucking terrible. I say can that shit and give their budget to Breaking Bad.

My only problem with Walking Dead is that I hate the Zombie genre. With the exception of "Sean of the Dead" I never watch them.

I'm just not a fan of the "gross factor" films and shows, and would rather make the 1hr round-trip drive to find/buy a book (and read it) than sit through watching decaying bodies munching on some guy's severed limb or chasing the heroes. Even if they're not the main focus of the show.

It's not a matter of being scared of it or it making me want to vomit. I just do not like them.

-Fry, Futurama

26. Re: The Funnies Sep 16, 2011, 08:29 kanniballl

Bodolza wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 15:38:
    I like the writing and voice acting in Archer, but I have a hard time getting past the super low-budget animation.
    I dig the animation, more-so than other "different" styles like "Ugly Americans." Though UA's comedy and such has grown on me.

Archer's animation is like Sea Lab 2020 (or the old spoof Sea Lab 2021).

It was a decent premiere, though Season 1 is still my favorite. I must have seen S1 of Archer about a dozen times now since it's short, funny, and very quotable.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Diablo III Lag-Free?
    16. Re: Diablo III Lag-Free? Sep 14, 2011, 11:43 kanniballl

Wildone wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 11:26:
    How many years in development and its still got bugs like this? What a waste of time, they coulda found the cure for cancer with all that effort..

I hate that phrase / joke. I've heard it elsewhere.

It's like the world hasn't already spent decades, billions and billions of dollars, and thousands-upon-thousands of man hours on the problem already.

The only thing it needed was a few dozen IT people an artists working on it between StarCraft and WoW updates, and a couple million dollars (if that).

-

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Diablo III Lag-Free?
    7. Re: Diablo III Lag-Free? Sep 14, 2011, 10:56 kanniballl

InBlack wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 10:13:
    I remember how Lagfestic Diablo2 could get, so this is welcome news. Although I have to admit to being a little skeptical about it, I mean ok you can predict how and where the monsters will move and attack but how do you handle the player (and other players)???

Agreed.

If 2 players are playing co-op over a major distance with high latency, and both are hacking away at the same enemy... how is that handled?

It's one thing if one player takes care of one squad of zombies to the north while the other player handles skeletons to the west.

But how does it fairly handle them charging into the middle of a huge squad and hack away. Did the skeleton die before or after he struck a fatal blow against player #2. Why didn't player #1 get the loot even though it looks like he dealt the final blows. If player #2 is lagged, did he waste his "spell of pownage" on nothing? etc

- So either there's lag and you ignore it, in which case things get out of sync or rewards are given out oddly.
    - Or you have the lag, and t acts like a traditional lag-fest.

-Fry, Futurama

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2011, 10:50 kanniballl

Yeh, good call Blue.

My drawer at work is a huge mess, since I have to keep around old Serial cables and other legacy things. So it's just a big artist's depiction of the flying spaghetti monster.

Instead of twisty-ties and things, just saving some tubes looks like it works well.

-Fry, Futurama

2. White Castle fan claims eatery needs to supersize its seats Sep 14, 2011, 10:23 kanniballl

I'm big, really big, and only go to a fast food place maybe 2 times a year. But I've noticed some places with the built-in seating like that walking through the mall or street or something.

He makes point when he mentions pregnant women and the handicapped, a case which is missed in the comments that instead wish to say a lot of hateful things.

Honestly, the only thing I find memorable about the article is the comments: the story itself is a non-issue. The comments are hateful and vile, yet society has no problem with people making them (even in-person). Even adults will chuckle when they hear someone say it to someone else, like it was flippin' middle school.

I mean, change things around even slightly... mentioning a person's flamboyant clothing / odd tatoos / over-doing it on "supportive garments" or surgeries and the person would be villified. Yet making fun of the fat guy is OK.

Just venting, had someone blow up at me at the store the other day. I wanted to punch his lights out.

-Fry, Futurama

1. Alderaan Shot First Sep 14, 2011, 10:08 kanniballl

LOL

That is good.

Of course, if too many people like it, Lucas will add it to his next release and then inexplicably lose the original source material for the pre-Alderaan-retcon stuff.

So, perhaps we should keep quiet about it.

-Fry, Futurama

19. Re: And Happy Birthday Sep 13, 2011, 15:24 kanniballl

Alright, I'm going to go tumbler on your asses here, so I apologize in advance.

For those interested, Amazon will allow you to trade in old console games.

No problem, I actually had no idea. Sounds like a cool idea.

Unfortunately my brother is into the whole retro-gaming thing, he moved out recently and took all of the old 'carts with him.

If they were still just gathering dust in the basement I'd probably send all of stuff to them. But a family member getting enjoyment out of them isn't too bad.

Really, it's a no-brainer. Gift certificate at Gamestop where you can buy more games... or at Amazon where you can buy... well... anything.

-

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > FIFA 12 Demo
    11. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 15:13 kanniballl

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 12:32:
    JayDeath wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 11:56:
    Nice! Anyone play it yet? Is it any better than '11? I'm dusting my G27 off now!
    That reminds me there was a youtube video of someone playing CoD4 with the steering wheel.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X9TFbNqeI

I guess I could see how that would work.

I mean, this is coming from a guy that used the Joystick for just about all of the games back in the day. Even Doom and Dark Forces.

'Til one of my friends showed me how cool it was using the mouse + kb.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback
    1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 15:10 kanniballl

Eh, I don't know. It was alright, and I can appreciate the time that went into it.

But from the demo, it still looks like your standard FPS run-and-gun, with up gradable weapons.

I might pick it up, if for no reason than to support other shops... but I need more than run-and-gun to keep me interested.

-Fry, Futurama

2665 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 18.
    < Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo