Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mindwarp

Real Name mindwarp   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname kanniballl
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 20, 2003, 19:36
Total Comments 2665 (Senior)
User ID 17133

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > DC Universe Online F2P Data
3. Re: DC Universe Online F2P Data Nov 22, 2011, 08:53 kanniballl

Zadig wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 06:25:
not if they only had 11 subscribers.

Yeh, for a while the population was insanely low. I don't think it ever really recovered after the whole hacking-outage.

Merging the servers helped pugging a little but that's about it.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2011, 15:46 kanniballl

Happy B-Day!

So how many candles are you up to?

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2011, 21:46 kanniballl

Prepare for all Firefly fans to start spamming the hell out of Netflix to resurrect Firely in

<disconnected>

Oh great, now Netflix REALLY broke the Internet

-Fry, Futurama

10. Re: Halp! Nov 18, 2011, 15:12 kanniballl

Go back far enough and the 1080 HDTVs were only capable of handling 1080i and 720p. Perhaps looking at the text via an interlaced screen is what's making it blurry.

Also, some HDTV's of old used to say they were 1080 because they could "handle" and down-convert the 1080 signal. When in fact they were on 768 screens and meant to really just do 720 nativ-ish.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 14, 2011, 16:10 kanniballl

Dev wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 06:00:
Why the heck would apple do that? Their fans will pay anything for any apple stuff anyway, it would be silly to bring siri to older phones, even though I doubt there's any technical reason why it couldn't be.

EH. the 4S supposedly has a much more powerful CPU in it that the 4... I guess it depends how much processing is done locally on the iPhone vs off-loaded to some server somewhere.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
73. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 14:53 kanniballl

nin wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 14:34:
She ran over to GameStop and sure enough, one copy left. It was being held by an employee behind the counter "for a friend." His boss made him give it up for my wife to purchase!

It warms my heart that a lamestop lackey and his friend won't be playing tonight. Kudos!

Eh, I can't blame Gamestop employees for much of anything. Most of the ones I see are either teens or in their low-20's (perhaps college).

A kid's gotta eat, or at least make money for college, games, or "whatever."

Sure, Gamestop as a company is lame.

But if I were 16 again I'd jump at the chance to work there than some grocery store / convenience store / restaurant / etc. I doubt I'm alone in this regard. Sure, as an ADULT I hate the company and their practices, but as a kid given the choice of pulling weeds or selling video games I'd chose the games.

This is an example of "Don't hate the playa, hate the game huge corporation that's trying to become a national pawn shop and won't stack PC games."

-

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
49. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 12:47 kanniballl

Rossafur wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 12:43:
Trollllllllll.
Being proud of choosing Skyrim on console is like shacking up with a fat middle-aged chick with psoriasis and stretch marks and a 2-pack a day habit who has long since become set in her ways and then bragging about it because she's low-maintenance and you know what to expect from her. Meanwhile, you could have cozied up to a young slim thing who could be a super model if not for her daddy-issues induced low self-esteem who's eager to please and has a lifetime of learning new tricks ahead of her. Sure she's going to be more work, but worth it, no?

Anyway, yes, I, for one, am still playing Oblivion off and on (with tons of mods). Everything from new armor and weapons to upgraded models and textures, new monsters, completely revamped vampire mod (Unholy Darkness), to new dungeons and quests... It makes it a completely different game, and so much better to look at.

I'm not that into Skyrim, but it does look like the kind of game that would benefit greatly from the PC.

I bounce back and forth with my opinion, right now the pendulum is at "Consoles are fine, but some games you just want to use the PC."

There's something to be said for being able to sit on the couch and use a game controller on a nice TV for some games... without having to worry about drivers / configs or dragging your PC to the next room.

That all being said, if the game requires high performance and eye-candy then I'd rather go with my PC. Perhaps when the next generation of Consoles hit I might play some of those types of games more on them.

Oh, and I have a lot of fun using my XBox 360 controller on my PC... just not for games where I need frantic-precision (like most FPS games).

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online
1. Re: 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online Nov 11, 2011, 10:56 kanniballl

Im not surprised, logging on was a P-I-T-A the other day... really long queue times.

Still not a great game, but I might try playing some more again now that there's actually a population on again.

-Fry, Futurama

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2011, 16:23 kanniballl

PHJF wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 16:04:
DDR3 is ungodly cheap right now, I saw 8GB of Ripjaws for $35 yesterday.

I know we already had this conversation the other week...

But it still boggles the mind. I remember when 8MB was a lot for a personal computer... and cost an arm and a leg.

Now, 1000x that for less than the price of a AAA title video game.

-

-Fry, Futurama

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2011, 18:27 kanniballl

Beamer wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 16:43:
People don't say "man, I could go for some pie right now" but they'll say "hey, are you hungry? Want to order a pie?" when hanging around the house, or walk into a pizza place and order a large pie.

^
|

This.

Yes = I'll have a large pie with Pepperoni and Onion
No = I'm in the mood for pie

-Fry, Futurama

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2011, 11:56 kanniballl

Enahs wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 11:33:
What is really odd, in the Chicago suburb areas they make the pizzas round and then cut the pizza into the same little square shapes as you described; you have to specifically ask for "pie cut", the bastards. This is for hand-tossed or thing crust.

Back in college (still in NJ), I recall ordering Dominos fairly often. I recall that's how they used to cut up the thin crust pizza... circle pizzas cut into square grids.

It was the first/only time I'd seen circular pizza cut like that. And I've lived in NJ my whole life.

Meanwhile a restaurant nearby has thin crust, they're cut like normal pizza (from the center). Though this isn't Dominos.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2011, 12:05.

-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2011, 11:12 kanniballl

Off topic, but since there's nowhere else to discuss it.

Dang, going F2P sent DC Universe Online's numbers through the roof. I figured I'd hop in to see how many people were trying it out... and I was over #2,000 in the queue. Compared to the server being a ghost town, it was a nice change.

Granted, the numbers are fake... it's just people testing it now that's it's free... in a couple of weeks it will be quiet again.

Also, it's still not the most fun game out there once you've maxed out a couple of toons. I guess give away something for free and people will line up.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2011, 12:04.

-Fry, Futurama

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2011, 10:55 kanniballl

I like Sicillian pizza a lot and have it from time to time.

But I prefer the traditional round pizza. round = no corners to burn.

-Fry, Futurama

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2011, 09:16 kanniballl

Verno wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 09:07:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 15:37:
meh - its a wash, either do it on the front end or the back end. I would rather it stay sunnier later, and would even support a 2 hour jump or so to give evening sunlight....

Agreed, it's really strange to be jogging at 4:30pm and have it be nearly dark outside, every day for five months.

I really hate the whole daylight thing... I don't care of it's dawn when I'm on my way to work because I *just* woke up and will be inside a concrete building for the next 8.5 hours.

But I hate it being dark already by the time I get home. Going outside to do anything seems like a waste. I'm not the biggest fan of driving in the dark because of *certain* joggers that don't know what they're doing (wearing black, jogging on wrong side of road, not paying attention, etc).

I still shake my head at something from like 5 years back, some idiot was in a long black trenchcoat, bending down to tie his shoes, in the middle of a poorly-lit street near a bend in the road. And he was pissed at ME for honking at him. In that position, he might as well be Batman hiding with his cape. So at that time of day, I get joggers AND people walking home at night.

With the sun down by the time I get home, it just feels like the day is done and there's nothing worth doing except getting ready for dinner + bed.

-Fry, Futurama

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2011, 19:16 kanniballl

I...
Have...
THE POWER!!!
(cue 80's theme music)

Finally back. Got power+heat last night around 8PM but didn't get Internet / TV until a short while ago.

-

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 4, 2011, 15:00 kanniballl

First off, the Gameboy "Tetris" theme is missing. I really dug that song, and got a rock-band version of it that I play from time to time.

The Link to the Past stuff is quite low on the list, but I guess with all of the other Zeldas on there it kind of got segmented.

-Fry, Futurama

News Comments > Australian R18+ Final Guidelines
11. Re: Australian R18+ Final Guidelines Nov 4, 2011, 12:49 kanniballl

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 11:30:
El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 11:07:
Rattlehead wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 11:00:
Also how is sexual violence ever justified?

Exactly. That made me scratch my head, too.
I'm pretty sure that means that the portrayal of sexual violence can be justified as part of a story, but it can't be an interactive element that the player takes part in.

I think perhaps they mean as part of the story... like a cutscene where some thugs grope the main character's NPC girlfriend or it's implied they're going to take her out back and do stuff. In which case you feel driven to escape and shoot those villains in the head.

Or even mentioning / implying that one of the characters was assaulted in the past. Kind of like how the comic-code used to prevent even the smallest hint that someone was abused/assaulted/etc.

I'm not saying it's that great or moral, but I don't think they're talking about a side-mission in GTA where you assault some NPC. But the sheer mention of assault can "come up" in dialog or whatever without it going one rung up the ladder.

-

-Fry, Futurama

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2011, 11:00 kanniballl

Is anyone else experiencing Blues rendering oddities? Using Chrome over here.

A couple of the light-blue headlines have line breaks, and the first couple of lines under Morning Consolidation and Morning Tech Bits look odd.

-

-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2011, 10:58 kanniballl

Thanks all for the Laptop recommendations yesterday, I read them today in the office (since I'm STILL without power).

In short, I was looking for a 15" desktop replacement for software/DB development and gaming; something with a mid-2GHz i7 Quad.

Mostly though I was wondering who makes a solid laptop, one where after a few months it's not creaking like an old house and the keyboard doesn't turn to mush.

I'll check out the companies to see who has stuff that I might want, but since the hardware issue in Thailand I might wait a few months.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2011, 11:05.

-Fry, Futurama

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2011, 10:56 kanniballl

I was surprised at how much I liked the Spartacus series on Starz.

It's a shame Andy passed, and kind of a grave reminder. That guy looked like he's in great shape and he went downhill really fast. Like if the big C ever hits me, what chance would I have.

Anyway, looking forward to the next season.

-Fry, Futurama

2665 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo