Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halsy Knox

Real Name Halsy Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halsy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm always where the wild things are.
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 18, 2003, 16:05
Total Comments 3032 (Veteran)
User ID 17112

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Motorbike Jul 27, 2005, 01:20 Halsy

Cool looking bike too.

I'll go you one better than hydrogen though.

http://www.theaircar.com/

"Well...here's to feelin' good all the time!"
- Kramer

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Only on Bluesnews Jul 26, 2005, 16:32 Halsy

I just find it weird that a guy can go from his deathbed to winning the TDF 7 times "naturally". I guess in this age where all the top-athletes are using juice or even gene therapy it's hard to believe anyone can win like that without performance enhancers of some kind.

On a side note...

Interjections }} {Well!}
Show excitement, }} {Oh!}
Or emotion. }} {Hey!}
They're generally set apart from a sentence
By an exclamation point,
Or by a comma when the feeling's not as strong.

So when you're happy }} {Hurray!}
Or sad }} {Aw!}
Or frightened }} {Eeeeeek!}
Or mad }} {Rats!}
Or excited }} {Wow!}
Or glad }} {Hey!}
An interjection starts a sentence right!

- Kramer

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

19. Re: No subject Jul 26, 2005, 13:27 Halsy

Yeah, I love the Chi-Lites too. Oh Girl is just such a classic. Gotta' love Motown.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

14. Re: Misc Jul 24, 2005, 20:05 Halsy

Halsy, are you really that childish? Sigh....I suppose you are

Are you really as dumb as you appear to be? Sigh...you're worse.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

2. Misc Jul 24, 2005, 15:53 Halsy

Canada wins dumbest government at World Stupidity Awards.

I don't know the liberals were really that dumb. Even in spite of the their scandal they knew that the majority of Canadians still wouldn't elect the conservatives. That's a pretty sad state of affairs when a corrupt government still can't lose because people still know that the conservatives coming to power would even be worse. It's time to give the NDP a swing at federal power, they'd be hard pressed to do any worse.

Ahh well, it's not the governments that are dumb anyway, it's the sheeple who keep them there.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

13. Re: Heh... Jul 24, 2005, 03:15 Halsy

The SCOTUS ruled on the issue of the 5th amendment. In the case of that farm issue they ruled correctly. In a very "Trekian" way they ruled that the needs of the many outweigh those of the few...and they're absolutely right to do so.

A few people living on a farm verus 100's - if not 1000's - of jobs created from that is nothing to sneeze at. This wasn't some arbitrary "Well, screw the little people" judgement, this was something that was done for the overall good of the community.

The 5th states...

'No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb, nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.'

Public use does not simply constitute something utilized by the government for the benefit of the public (e.g. a public park). During WWI and WWII the government took over a great deal of private property under the 5th - solely for government use - and no one said a peep. Public use as was interpeted by SCOTUS meant - and should mean - for the greater good of all concerned in a community.

Even then, it's not as anyone is being deprived of compensation. If you're going to argue for a literal interpetation than you may as well do away with the 2nd amendment because in case you hadn't heard, the British called off the re-invasion and there's no need for public militias anymore.

Regardless, that's a damn sight different than the serious breaches constituted by violating the key amendments like the right to free speech, freedom of assembly, protection from unreasonable search and seizure.

If I was getting on a subway and they wanted to search me I'd tell them to go fuck themselves.

How do you weigh a person's right to privacy versus security of the state? It's a tough question, but all I know is that once you give up those rights you live in a police state. Thanks, but I'll take the risk of a potential terrorist meaning me ill, versus the cops being able to stop me, question me, search me, search my home, research my background simply because they want to - without any real reason or real probable cause. Fuck that.

Look what happened in London the other day. Some guy - not a terrorist - killed by the cops. Just remember one thing, pal. In a "shoot-first-ask-questions-later" society we're all targets. the rule of law must apply or it's anarchy.

- Kramer

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 03:20.

- Stephen Colbert

1. Heh... Jul 23, 2005, 16:10 Halsy

Report: Mars Cold, Bitter Planet for a Long, Long Time.

I could swear they were talking about my ex.

Random searches on the NY subways? Patriot Act extended indefinitely. Seems 1984 is finally, really starting, because you know this sort of shit is just the tip of the iceberg.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > GT Legends Dated
1. Mmmm Jul 23, 2005, 16:06 Halsy

Man those cars are giving me some serious mahogany. A game with classic cars like this is long overdue.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

4. Re: Fighting toothlessness in Appalachia Jul 22, 2005, 23:25 Halsy

The ultimate irony is that all those sheeple support the very people that exploit them.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

7. Re: No subject Jul 22, 2005, 14:40 Halsy

“This is the mother of all booms,” said Oppenheimer & Co. oil analyst Fadel Gheit. “They have so much profit, it’s almost an embarrassment of riches. They don’t know what to do with it.

Anyone still not getting it?

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

29. Re: Sorry for the absence of info Jul 21, 2005, 16:41 Halsy

That's good to hear, Warhawk. If those bastards were responsible for your wife's condition I hope you can sue them into oblivion.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

28. Re: Denver dog ban Jul 21, 2005, 16:36 Halsy

Wow! Banning a population of dogs based on how they look and not whether they pose a danger, then sentencing them to death or exile (if shelter can be found). It doesn't seem like something that can be legal. Your pet, one day everything is fine, and the next day your dog is off to be killed. Lots of black men look like they could be dangerous, certainly crime statistics support this idea. Maybe black men should be carted off to prison because of what they might do. Nothing wrong with that, right?

There's a strawman arguement if ever I heard one. Pit bulls have been specifically bred and conditioned to be an extremely aggressive animal which serve no other purpose than fighting for a bunch of sick assholes. It's the same reason why people aren't allowed to keep other dangerous animals like lions and tigers as household pets. The risk they pose to society is too great because it's in their nature.

While black people do commit more crime per capita that's a societal issue which has nothing to do with any innate characteristics.

Pit Bulls are a breed that shouldn't be - and that's the fault of man...a handful of assholes to be specific.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

8. Re: Thks for the memories Jul 21, 2005, 00:45 Halsy

What else can one say but..."He's dead, Jim...dead."

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

37. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2005, 15:54 Halsy

The real question is does it matter whether we went to the moon or not?

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

10. Re: One time the French stand up to someone Jul 19, 2005, 15:21 Halsy

I don't know why everyone is ragging on Tom for pimping his religion. All religions are cults. They simply have varying degrees of success. The Romans branded Christianity a cult when it was starting out and look what it turned into. In several centuries Tom could be the new messiah.

Praise Tommeh!

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Diver: Deep Water Adventures Announced
13. Re: looks cool Jul 19, 2005, 15:17 Halsy

Will Dio's Holy Diver be the title track to the game?

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > EA & Valve
63. Re: imceach1@maine.rr.com Jul 18, 2005, 20:03 Halsy

LOL! Good one.

So long Valve, it was nice knowing you.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

39. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 20:02 Halsy

By the gods, was I ever 3 sheets to the wind last night. I haven't been that drunk in a very long time. Ahh well, it was a good time had by all - me in particular.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > B&W2 Demo & Retail Release Dates
33. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 16:22 Halsy

Molyneaux is always long on promise and short on delivery. He is most definitely the boy who cried wolf. Who can believe any of his bullshit anymore? I'll certainly nevre give that shyster another penny for his garbage.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

38. Re: anniversary Jul 17, 2005, 13:42 Halsy

Thanks for the many happy returns, gents. I'm currently on my way to Inebriationville (Population: me) as I'm heading out to a big party in a short while where I shall continue to imbibe vast quantities of alcohol and oggle beautiful women as swinishly as possible.

Spume, don't be a dick. Warhawk and I scrap a lot, but when it's something serious like this you put that sort of bullshit aside. If you can't refrain from being a dick in a situation as serious as this, don't say anything in that case. Once again Hawk, I hope it all turns out to be nothing man, keep the faith. If she's married to you she has to be a pretty tough lady.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

3032 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo