Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halsy Knox

Real Name Halsy Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halsy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm always where the wild things are.
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 18, 2003, 16:05
Total Comments 3032 (Veteran)
User ID 17112

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. APQOTD Sep 8, 2005, 13:46 Halsy

Patrick Bateman: I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

"Well...here's to feelin' good all the time!"
- Kramer

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Carbon nanotubes Sep 8, 2005, 13:44 Halsy

LOL Cynips!

- Kramer

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Into the Black
1. No subject Sep 7, 2005, 23:07 Halsy

Man, this really burns my ass.

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_3004197

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

34. Re: Red Cross Squatter Sep 7, 2005, 21:47 Halsy

And, of course, all the charity review organizations jive with this. Contrary to what Halsy and Batman are claiming, the Red Cross does spend the vast majority of its money on its primary mission -- saving lives and helping people.

If you consider about 18% of direct aid the "vast majority" of its money, then you'd be right. Unfortunately, it's not.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

28. Re: Red Cross Squatter Sep 7, 2005, 19:07 Halsy

So Halsy, where did you get that 65% number from? I'm always curious to know where this type of info comes from.

Look at their operating revenue - 63%. Anyway, as Batsy pointed out, there are other charities out there that do far better in getting direct aid to people. I'm not knocking the Red Cross here, just saying they're a wee bit too corporate. They're great in a pinch for immediate aid, but that should be the job of agencies like FEMA IMO. As for the long-term, sustained help required there are better places to donate.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Age of Empires III Demo
7. Re: Yay Sep 7, 2005, 18:42 Halsy

I'm not even an RTS guy and I need to try this bad boy out.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Vietcong 2 MP Demo
11. Re: No subject Sep 7, 2005, 13:46 Halsy

"These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly green giants, walking the Earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting."
- Crazy Earl

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

6. Re: Red Cross Squatter Sep 7, 2005, 13:41 Halsy

Yeah, and the Red Cross also keeps 65%+ of donations for "operating expenses". I actually know a guy who makes 80k a year soliciiting corporate donations for them. A lot of management make 6 figures working for this "charity".

Remember when they were going to divert a big chunk of the 9/11 donations for other uses?

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with "charity" workers driving Porsches, or maybe that's just me.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

3. Re: No subject Sep 7, 2005, 11:59 Halsy

Patrick Bateman: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Poor Hudson... Sep 6, 2005, 23:39 Halsy

I feel you pain. I do.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > The Late Show
1. Sweet Sep 6, 2005, 23:32 Halsy

Pretty cool DDO clip. Loooooove that tumbling thief.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

54. Almost Forgot... Sep 6, 2005, 20:45 Halsy

Tonight is the premier of Over There on the History Channel. Should be interesting...I hope.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

49. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2005, 19:08 Halsy

Despite what Gene Hackman would have you believe in Crimson Tide Alsatians are one of the most intelligent dogs there is

I have zero recollection of Gene talking about Alsatians in Crimson Tide, but I do recall him talking about the Lipizzaner stallions. They're Andalusians.

http://www.lipizzaner.com/

- Kramer

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 19:09.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Vietcong 2 MP Demo Tomorrow
15. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2005, 17:35 Halsy

The machinist, the one they called Chef, was from New Orleans. He was wrapped too tight for Vietnam, probably wrapped too tight for New Orleans. Lance on the forward 50's was a famous surfer from the beaches south of LA. You look at him and you wouldn't believe he ever fired a weapon in his whole life. Clean, Mr. Clean, was from some South Bronx shithole. Light and space of Vietnam really put the zap on his head. Then there was Phillips, the Chief. It might have been my mission, but it sure as shit was Chief's boat.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

40. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2005, 17:33 Halsy

Six, the owners are responsible. Between you and your dog, you are the alpha and he should never do boo without your say so.

Growing up we had a German Shepard watchdog. And he was trained well enough that you didn't even need vocal commands, just hand signals. He never chased cats or other dogs when we went out. Never took off of his own accord. If he ever started to go off on his own, 1 call would be enough to have him back by your side instantly.

The main problem with Pit Bulls is they've been bred specifically for fighting. They're a highly agressive breed, because they've been bred that way. I've met some absolute sweetheart Pit Bulls in my time, but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. They're simply too volatile. And when it comes to a situation where children are around, the risk doesn't outweigh the reward.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

33. Zep said it best... Sep 6, 2005, 16:53 Halsy

When The Levee Breaks
(Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant/Memphis Minnie)

If it keeps on rainin', levee's goin' to break, (X2)
When The Levee Breaks I'll have no place to stay.

Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan, (X2)
Got what it takes to make a mountain man leave his home,
Oh, well, oh, well, oh, well.

Don't it make you feel bad
When you're tryin' to find your way home,
You don't know which way to go?
If you're goin' down South
They go no work to do,
If you don't know about Chicago.

Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
Now, cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,
When the levee breaks, mama, you got to move.

All last night sat on the levee and moaned, (X2)
Thinkin' about me baby and my happy home.
Going, going to Chicago... Going to Chicago... Sorry but I can't take you...
Going down... going down now... going down....

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

25. He's Dead, Jim...Dead! Sep 6, 2005, 15:09 Halsy

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050906/ap_on_en_tv/obit_denver_1

*sniff* So long Lil' Buddy!

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

23. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2005, 14:55 Halsy

Patrick Bateman: Come on, Bryce. There are a lot more important problems than Sri Lanka to worry about.

Timothy Bryce: Like what?

Patrick Bateman: Well, we have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Vietcong 2 MP Demo Tomorrow
2. Re: Kill them all and then some! Sep 6, 2005, 14:53 Halsy

Fuck it...I want some mangos.

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

32. Re: Intelligent Design.. Sep 5, 2005, 21:12 Halsy

Halsy no more AMerican Psycho for you! And keep away from the chainsaws!

"I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking."

- Kramer

- Stephen Colbert

3032 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo