Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halsy Knox

Real Name Halsy Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halsy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm always where the wild things are.
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 18, 2003, 16:05
Total Comments 3032 (Veteran)
User ID 17112

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
53. Re: No subject Nov 9, 2005, 21:05 Halsy

want unions to bargain for the best conditions they can, but quit fucking up our political process and the finances of the state, and that is exactly what is happening right now.

And big business isn't doing this? Come on. You continually lambaste unions, but never say a word, not one word against these corporations that do far worse.

"Sheriff Hank Keough: I brought a pork chop for luck. Maybe you could hang it around your neck.
Hector Cyr: That's sweet. Maybe later you can chew the bark off my big fat log."

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: No subject Nov 9, 2005, 21:03 Halsy

Surely there should be some way for those of us that voted for it to get the benefit or for the proposition to be rolled out, but in a limited (40 form or something? How come "my" tax money is spent on other people and areas?

Sure there is, it's called proportional representation. It's something America (Canada, England, and India) all desperately need. Out of 180'ish democracies around the globe, the 4 aformentioned countries are the only ones left that don't have a true democratic system of proportional representation. First-past-the-post politics are outmoded, outdated, and divisive. Just look at the state of America today. 51% of people vote for X, and the other 49% that voted against it are stuck with it. Hardly fair, and totally unnecessary.

"Sheriff Hank Keough: I brought a pork chop for luck. Maybe you could hang it around your neck.
Hector Cyr: That's sweet. Maybe later you can chew the bark off my big fat log."

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

32. Re: No subject Nov 9, 2005, 13:57 Halsy

Warhawk, when the choice is working for a union which provides people a living wage - you know, the kind of wage which turned America into the superpower it is - or working for corporations that would just as soon view you as so much cattle, and pay you peanuts with no labour standards - which you enjoy thanks to the unions - which do you think is really better?

Do unions need overhauling? Yes. Is the alternative to having no unions worse? Absolutely.

Far too much government - both republican and democrat - is coming down on the side of big business. In case you haven't noticed, this is decreasing your standard of living. The U.S. standard of living has been on the decline since Reagan, and big business could really give a shit less if America was the next Mexico - and that's where its currently heading - so long as they make their profits.

These people are selling you out for a fast buck. If you don't think that's a bigger problem than the unions, than heaven help you and the rest of America.

There are plenty of countries around the world that engage in social darwinism. I'd suggest you spend some time in some and then come tell us which you think is better.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Wednesday Game Reviews
4. Re: Nov 9, 2005, 13:41 Halsy

I anxiously await your impressions, nin, and anyone else who's grabbing this game now.

- Stephen Colbert

44. 2 steps forward, 2 steps back Nov 8, 2005, 21:49 Halsy

Grats to NJ and VA for making smart choices.

KansASS oks intelligent-design, and TexASS rejects gay marriage.

- Stephen Colbert

43. Re: And back to football.... Nov 8, 2005, 21:46 Halsy

Picture them both going at it in a bathroom stall...

In the words of Jules Winnifield...

"Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charmin' motherfuckin' pig. I mean she'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?"

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Movies
34. Re: No subject Nov 8, 2005, 21:42 Halsy

You have to give Derek the shrill voice the Daleks in Dr. Who use.

I MAKE THE BEST GAMES EVER! WHOEVER DISAGREES WITH ME MUST BE EXTERMINATED! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

I must admit it would be fun to try and do covers of famous movies with this game, Apocalypse Now, The Godfather, el al.

And give 'em a little twist. In my Godfather, Sonny would live and head up the family.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Movies
22. Re: No subject Nov 8, 2005, 15:24 Halsy

The whole micromanagement thing really doesn't appeal to me. I thought this was going to be much more about a movie creator than a "Sim-Studio."

I think I'll hold off for a bit for sure and see how the gaming public reacts first.

I have to admit, I would like to do my own Pulp-Fiction though.

- Stephen Colbert

25. Re: And back to football.... Nov 8, 2005, 15:20 Halsy

Did you see the pics of them? The one was ok, and I do mean ok - nothing better than that at most. The other one was just FUGLY.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Sawyer Sues Atari
32. Re: money Nov 8, 2005, 15:02 Halsy

That's all fine and dandy I just think it's kind of OBSCENE when he's already sitting on $30 MILLION, that's all.

If it was you, would you think that 5 mil they owe you is better off in their pocket or yours?

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Jack Thompson Under Fire
12. Re: Bye bye Jack Nov 8, 2005, 04:44 Halsy

Hey Jack, is your refridgerator running? Because if it is, it probably runs like you...very homosexually.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Colts Nov 8, 2005, 00:24 Halsy

I've always like the Colts, so good for them. I'm glad the Eagles have finally kicked Owens to the curb.

- Stephen Colbert

9. Re: No subject Nov 6, 2005, 23:07 Halsy

*sigh* Green Bay, why do you torment me so.

Cake is good... ice cream with cake is better...but no one is ever disapointed with just the cake.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > BioWare and Pandemic Join
49. Re: You have got to be fucking kidding Nov 4, 2005, 03:03 Halsy

e are not going to be changing the way we make games. Quality is the first priority and this is going to be reflected in us going forward and making "event games" - games that are tied to their release event, not to any fiscal quarter or some such.

As someone who actually suffered under the trannical yoke of EA, I have to say, I'll believe it when I see it. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at one of your new management meetings. I forsee you abandoning the PC entirely after Dragon Age and NWN2, or at the least commited to nothing more than a half-assed port at best. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. Real CRPG's are still the domain of the PC, and should remain as such. Oh well, if you guys drop the ball, I'm sure someone else will fill the niche.

I can't blame you guys for wanting to expand, such is the nature of business, and you are a business. However, it most definitely escapes my memory the last time I *ever* saw any merger in *any* industry* that truly benefited the consumer, as opposed to the shareholders.

Cake is good... ice cream with cake is better...but no one is ever disapointed with just the cake.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Site Seeing
1. Wow! Nov 3, 2005, 15:42 Halsy

Looks fantastic, I'll have to pick this up. Any other avid sailors around here?

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 15:48.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > BioWare and Pandemic Join
24. R.I.P. Bioware Nov 3, 2005, 15:33 Halsy

Bioware, O', Bioware, we hardly knew ye.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Revamp Plans
16. Re: SWG Nov 2, 2005, 18:24 Halsy

Yep, I'd just kill it and build a new and better one.

- Stephen Colbert

28. Re: Family Guy FTW! Nov 2, 2005, 18:23 Halsy

Lady (next to Brain at a bar): I think you've had about enough.

Brian: Well, I... I think you're wrong, you... you increasingly attractive looking woman. You know, you’re... you’re really pretty.

Lady: Oh, stop!

Brian: No. I'm... I'm serious... You could... you could be in magazines. You could! And not just Juggs or Creamsicle...

(Lady walks away.)

Brian: Call me!

Brian (looks at bartender): She won't call.

- Stephen Colbert

22. Family Guy FTW! Nov 2, 2005, 16:02 Halsy

Question:

Is not "Hey buddy, is your refrigerator running? Because if it is, it probably runs like you...very homosexually." one of the funniest Family Guy lines ever?

Nin, doesn't seem to think so.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > X-Men Legends II Demo
16. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2005, 15:56 Halsy

Halsy dude, it wasn't funny the first time...

Nin, that's one of the funniest goddamn lines ever delivered in Family Guy. Some people get it at lesat.

Hey Nin, is your refrigerator running? Because if it it, it probably runs like you...very homosexually.

- Stephen Colbert

3032 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo