Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halsy Knox

Real Name Halsy Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halsy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm always where the wild things are.
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 18, 2003, 16:05
Total Comments 3032 (Veteran)
User ID 17112

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
10. Re: patch Dec 6, 2005, 15:29 Halsy

WoW has always been about the uber-guilds. If you don't belong to one, or have no desire to, don't play.

"Many defendents get religion when they want mercy from the court. When you see me coming out for Jesus, you'll know they really have something on me."
- HST

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. JT Dec 6, 2005, 15:20 Halsy

Well said, Mr. Buscaglia.

"Many defendents get religion when they want mercy from the court. When you see me coming out for Jesus, you'll know they really have something on me."
- HST

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 17:37 Halsy

How many f'in movies are Matt Damon and George Clooney going to be in together.
First it was Matt and Ben Afleck, now he can not seem to do a movie without Georgey.

They work well together. So rock on!

Except the bourne movies…I liked those a lot. Too bad they killed his GF off early in the first movie as Franka Potente is the hot!

She's ok, but I'd most likely engage in sexual congress with her anyway. That fucking shaky cam in the 2nd Bourne movie really ruined it. I hope they don't repeat that shit in the 3rd Bourne flick.

Anyway, go see Syriana.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

22. Re: X-Men Dec 5, 2005, 15:07 Halsy

War of the Worlds was ok. Not good, not bad, just ok. It's a way to blow off a few hours I suppose.

Do yourelf a favour and take the wife to see [i]Walk the Line[i]. Now there's a goddamn great film.

Personally, I want to see Syriana this weekend. Looks good.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Gates to Visit India... Dec 5, 2005, 14:24 Halsy

stay there and don't come back, pig!

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > On In-Game Ads
20. Re: No subject Dec 5, 2005, 14:22 Halsy

Who are the "fans" they're talking about? Probably employees of Pepsi, Coke, Marlboro, and whoever else they could dig up that also happens to enjoy playing games once in a while.

Indeed. I'd love to see who qualified as fans in this so-called "study". I, in fact, don't even believe there was a study. I'll bet dollars to donuts they just made it up. I don't know one person - gamer or not - who likes advertising. Everyone I know always seeks to minimize - if not eliminate it entirely - it where possible (Tivo, Satellite radio, etc.).

What products could possible be relevant to most games anyway with the exception of gun manufacturers advertising in shooters? I can see it now, arriving at the tavern in an (MMO)RPG with Coke signs all over the place. Thanks for ruining the game.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Sigil Making Marvel MMO
11. Re: No way... Dec 4, 2005, 04:48 Halsy

Hey Sigil...is your refrigerator running? Because if it is, it probably runs like you...very homosexually.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

16. Re: Today's OotB Dec 4, 2005, 04:45 Halsy

Shut up Enahs you fag!

I'm just kidding, buddy.

I love you.

Particularly because you're a flaming homosexual.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Illinois Gaming Law KOed, Appeal Planned
35. Re: No subject Dec 4, 2005, 04:44 Halsy

And how is a parent - busy as they are - supposed to have the time to monitor every piece of music and video games the kid wants? Christ, the kid doesn't even have enough time for that himself.

This is NOT about irresponsible parents so much as it as industry trying to make a fast buck because they refure to honestly police themselves.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Into the Black
23. Re: No subject Dec 3, 2005, 15:04 Halsy

I think a fine for driving without insurance once is fair (fine needs to be paid before license/passport, etc. can be renewed).

Repeat offenders should get jail time just like drunk drivers. I'm firmly in the camp that driving is a priviledge, not a right. Cars are just too deadly to continue to allow clowns to drive them.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Madden Lawsuit
6. Re: No subject Dec 3, 2005, 02:17 Halsy

Guiding an athlete's progression? Gee, what a novel concept. He must have been the first guy on earth to think of it I guess.

Sorry, sport but EA's been doing that for years.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

4. Re: No subject Dec 3, 2005, 02:15 Halsy

It's just clowns not paying attention. Music too loud, talking on phones, watching movies/tv, chicks fucking around with makeup, etc.

Almost 99% of the time some idiot has a close call with me, they're always doing one of the above, phones and makeup being the worst offenders. I can't count the number of cars I see daily drifting in and out of their lanes, even into oncoming traffic, it's fucking ridiculous.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

27. Re: Stubbs FYI Dec 2, 2005, 16:01 Halsy

Haha, caught that. Thanks Meat, great review.

P.S. nin, how are still finding the muvees?

P.P.S. Face transplant concerns. They're worried about the psychological effects? One would think that having a horrible disfigured face due to an accident or fire would be considerbly more harder to cope with than a new face. I say face transplant = good thing.

P.P.P.S. The American Taliban strikes again....

"I'm glad they decided to listen to the public. The public response was so negative because of what seemed to be so hateful coming from the KU professor," said O'Connor, a Republican. "I am critical of his hatefulness toward Christians."

But it's ok for the American Taliban to hate everyone else who isn't a brainwashed sheep? These people are a threat to America and the world, and they need to be stopped. Be they muslim or xtian, these savages want to drag us back into the dark ages and do away with freedom.

P.P.P.P.S. Tell me republicans aren't trying to do away with democracy....

Diebold loses legal case, certified anyway
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051202-5671.html

- HST

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 16:13.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: 360 Review on TR Dec 2, 2005, 15:40 Halsy

That is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. The lack of online support coming from a PC is what killed consoles for me in the past, if the xbox 360 can produce the same games that I play on my pc and can get a control scheme that works as well as they keyboard and mouse I'll be doing all my gaming in HDTV. No more 1000$ monitors, no more 400$ video cards, no more upgrading my pc and then troubleshooting issues on EVERY @#%@#%^@^ GAME that is released, just simple drop and play happiness. Am very curious how BF2 will turn out on the 360, I just can't see that game being anywhere near as fun without a keyboard and mouse.

While I agree with that in principle, the fact is - for me, at any rate - that most console games suck IMO. I've always hated your typical "console" style game. On Xbox, about the only game they had - that I can recall - that I really wanted to play, was Bioware's Jade Empire.

And yes, HTF is anyone supposed to play a shooter without a mouse and keyboard. No to mention a good HDTV is considerably more expensive than a good monitor.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Friday Game Reviews
3. Re: Stubbs Impressions Dec 2, 2005, 15:32 Halsy

Great review, Meat! Cheers!

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. Re: lazy Dec 2, 2005, 15:19 Halsy

It's not quite that simple an arguement. When I grew up, video games were just starting in arcades. You didn't have near the volume of media you do today, and you didn't have rap. By comparison there's a hell of a lot more for parents today to monitor than there was 20 years ago. Parents are busy people and it's unfortunate that most don't have the time to make themselves aware of everything their kids are into. Do you honestly expect them to read the lyrics of every CD, or dig up the info on every game out there to see if it's appropriate for junior or not?

The industry won't step up and get serious about policing themselves - and why would they considering the money involved - so it falls to government to help out. This is why government exists in the first place, to serve the will of the people.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

1. *sigh* Dec 2, 2005, 00:52 Halsy

When will you learn, Blue? Carry a gun and shoot those swine! You're allowed to...honest!

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

20. Quake II Xmas.... Dec 1, 2005, 14:44 Halsy

This is Emil Pagliarulo's (first editor of Avault back in the day) brilliant piece.

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the base,
The scanners showed no signs of the alien race.
The bullets were placed in my chaingun with care,
In case Strogg invaders soon would be there.
The other marines nestled all snug in their pods,
Dreaming of gibbage and dark vengeful gods.
And I in my Kevlar, and official Quake 2 cap,
Had just settled down for a long cryo nap.
When out in the night there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my pod to see what was the matter.
I ran to the porthole, well shaded and sealed,
And cautiously turned off the magnetic shield.

The moon on the breast of the loosely packed mud,
Reminded me of Stroggos, and the puddles of blood.
When what in the sky should I get in my sights,
But a big hover sleigh and eight huge Parasites.
With a mountainous driver, whom I saw at a gander,
I knew that it must be a damned Tank Commander.
More rapid than lasers his coursers they came,
And he whipped them, and grunted, and called them by name.

"Now Slasher! Now Mincer! Now Pincer, and Mangler!
On Killer! On Ripper! On Gutter and Strangler!"
"To the top of the sandbags! To the top of the wall!"
"Move it, you maggots, or I'll slaughter you all!"

As starships that before a black hole should race,
When they meet with the deadliest hazard in space,
So down to the barracks the cyborgs they flew,
With a sleigh full of ammo and the Tank Commander too.
And then, in the courtyard, I gulped as I saw,
The gouging and scraping of each razor-sharp claw.
As I drew forth my blaster, and let out a call,
The giant Strogg bastard broke right through the wall.

He was dressed all in steel, both solid and mesh,
Held together by strips of grotesque human flesh.
A bundle of rockets he had flung on his back,
He could kill a small army with what he had in that sack.
His eyes -- how they gleamed!
"I must sound the alarms!"
This monster meant business,
He had cannons for arms!
His sly little mouth was drawn up in a grin,
And human blood dribbled all over his chin.
His guns issued smoke in a hypnotic pattern,
Encircling his head like the great rings of Saturn.
He had a broad face and a square, solid chest,
And a cybernetic heart pumping blood without rest.
He was muscular and frightening, a right evil old 'Borg,
With one thing on his mind -- sending me to the morgue.
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Filled me with panic and horrible dread.
He spoke not a word but went right to the slaughter,
And my sleeping comrades became cannon fodder.
He killed all the soldiers with dual rockets blazing,
As I stood in horror my eyes blankly gazing.
The carnage complete, he strode back to the sleigh,
And I could do nothing but whimper and pray.
But I heard him say, as he flew out of sight,
"Merry Christmas, Hu-man. You got lucky tonight!"

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

11. Re: Walk The Line Dec 1, 2005, 00:28 Halsy

Heh, that's pretty funny. I should say then that Shooter's cover is 'drankin' music'. Great heartbreak stuff.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

9. Re: Walk The Line Nov 30, 2005, 23:01 Halsy

Listen to Shooter jennings cover his old man's "I'm A Long Way From Home", fucking brilliant! Now that's a drinkin' song!

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

3032 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo