Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halsy Knox

Real Name Halsy Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halsy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm always where the wild things are.
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 18, 2003, 16:05
Total Comments 3032 (Veteran)
User ID 17112

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Poetry in motion... Jan 3, 2006, 15:07 Halsy

That's a rather different OOTB, Blue. Sounds almost like a poem, or haiku.

Winter snow is falling
Makes for a dangerous drive
I need hot cocoa

Speaking of cocoa, I never see it in stores excpet for the baking stuff (Fry's), is the same thing? I recall drinking hot cocoa as a kid, but all I ever see is hot chocolate now.

"You gotta keep on keepin' on, brother!"
- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 15:08.

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Re: Coo-coo? Jan 2, 2006, 14:59 Halsy

Yes, but most people actually use a PC for more than just gaming.

"Many defendents get religion when they want mercy from the court. When you see me coming out for Jesus, you'll know they really have something on me."
- HST

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

3. Re: Rockin' New Years Eve Jan 1, 2006, 16:48 Halsy

Let's hope this is a good one for all of us. Of course it'll have it's ups and downs like they all do, but let's hope there are plenty more ups than downs.

Never forget, sometimes you're flush, sometimes you're bust. And when you're up, it's never as good as it seems. And when you're down. you think you'll never be up again. But life goes on.

So keep on keepin' on, brothers!
H

"Many defendents get religion when they want mercy from the court. When you see me coming out for Jesus, you'll know they really have something on me."
- HST

- Stephen Colbert

15. Re: Birthday Dec 30, 2005, 16:22 Halsy

Grats on your level up day, Z!

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

14. Re: anger Dec 29, 2005, 14:31 Halsy

POST Error Codes for you...

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml#Standard%20IBM

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

30. Times Square Dec 28, 2005, 14:16 Halsy

Yeah, I did that one year just for the experience and I still don't get it. I mean, you could be in some nice warm bar, 3 sheets to the wind, making out with a lady, versus standing around in the bitter cold and freezing your nads off with a bunch of weirdoes.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > America's Army Sequel
2. Re: No subject Dec 27, 2005, 13:39 Halsy

Absolutely. P.T. Barnum was more right than he knew.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

13. Re: No subject Dec 27, 2005, 13:38 Halsy

With MP3 car stereos I don't understand why anyone would pay for radio, much listen to free radio.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

5. Re: w00t! Dec 26, 2005, 12:37 Halsy

I started EQ2 a few days ago and I'm hooked atm.

Checked Ebay to see if anyone had any SST racers for sale, and alas, I couldn't find nary a one. Man, they should bring those things back out, they kicked ass!

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

6. Re: Merry Christmas! Dec 25, 2005, 13:27 Halsy

Happy ho-ho, all!

Hey Blue, oh man I so totally remember that toy! I used to love that toy! Remember the SST racers that worked along the same line? I used to have this green rocket car one (the kind they used to race on the salt flats) I used to play with religiously. Oh man, good times!

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

3. Happy Festivus! Dec 24, 2005, 13:05 Halsy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051224/ap_on_fe_st/happy_festivus

Heh, you gotta love it.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

2. Happy Ho-Ho! Dec 24, 2005, 13:01 Halsy

Have a safe and fun holiday, y'all!

The Annual Quake 2 Xmas....

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the base,
The scanners showed no signs of the alien race.
The bullets were placed in my chaingun with care,
In case Strogg invaders soon would be there.
The other marines nestled all snug in their pods,
Dreaming of gibbage and dark vengeful gods.
And I in my Kevlar, and official Quake 2 cap,
Had just settled down for a long cryo nap.
When out in the night there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my pod to see what was the matter.
I ran to the porthole, well shaded and sealed,
And cautiously turned off the magnetic shield.

The moon on the breast of the loosely packed mud,
Reminded me of Stroggos, and the puddles of blood.
When what in the sky should I get in my sights,
But a big hover sleigh and eight huge Parasites.
With a mountainous driver, whom I saw at a gander,
I knew that it must be a damned Tank Commander.
More rapid than lasers his coursers they came,
And he whipped them, and grunted, and called them by name.

"Now Slasher! Now Mincer! Now Pincer, and Mangler!
On Killer! On Ripper! On Gutter and Strangler!"
"To the top of the sandbags! To the top of the wall!"
"Move it, you maggots, or I'll slaughter you all!"

As starships that before a black hole should race,
When they meet with the deadliest hazard in space,
So down to the barracks the cyborgs they flew,
With a sleigh full of ammo and the Tank Commander too.
And then, in the courtyard, I gulped as I saw,
The gouging and scraping of each razor-sharp claw.
As I drew forth my blaster, and let out a call,
The giant Strogg bastard broke right through the wall.

He was dressed all in steel, both solid and mesh,
Held together by strips of grotesque human flesh.
A bundle of rockets he had flung on his back,
He could kill a small army with what he had in that sack.
His eyes -- how they gleamed!
"I must sound the alarms!"
This monster meant business,
He had cannons for arms!
His sly little mouth was drawn up in a grin,
And human blood dribbled all over his chin.
His guns issued smoke in a hypnotic pattern,
Encircling his head like the great rings of Saturn.
He had a broad face and a square, solid chest,
And a cybernetic heart pumping blood without rest.
He was muscular and frightening, a right evil old 'Borg,
With one thing on his mind -- sending me to the morgue.
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Filled me with panic and horrible dread.
He spoke not a word but went right to the slaughter,
And my sleeping comrades became cannon fodder.
He killed all the soldiers with dual rockets blazing,
As I stood in horror my eyes blankly gazing.
The carnage complete, he strode back to the sleigh,
And I could do nothing but whimper and pray.
But I heard him say, as he flew out of sight,
"Merry Christmas, Hu-man. You got lucky tonight!"

- Emil Pagliarulo

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Christmas Eve Preview
1. Gimme! Dec 24, 2005, 12:57 Halsy

Gimme gimme gimme!

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

3. Re: STO Dec 22, 2005, 17:29 Halsy

It was...sorta kinda

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

21. Re: Last post! Dec 22, 2005, 15:25 Halsy

That NJ story is great. The guy that came up with "New Jersey: We can always use another relative on the payroll" should have won.

Haha! Happy Festivus indeed!

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > NHL Exclusivity Check
9. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2005, 15:20 Halsy

You don't truly understand what a monopolistic action is, do you?

Actually he does, you certainly don't. Exclusivity is a monopolisitc practice. Monopolies are illegal in the U.S., at least they used to be not that long ago. Corporations now run America for certain.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

1. STO Dec 22, 2005, 15:16 Halsy

My biggest concern with Star Trek online is that they better ensure they have the fight music for PvP.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > WoW Account Bans
6. Re: heh Dec 22, 2005, 02:55 Halsy

It's 4 million people "played" according to them.

#1. I don't believe they've had those sorts of numbers in the first place.

#2. Even if they had, they're certainly not counting the people - like me - who did and saw everything inside of 3 months on both sides, then got bored and quit. Their bleed factor is substantially higher than they admit.

WoW is a great game, but they didn't launch with near enough content. Their entire endgame is focused on nothing but uber-guilds and raiding. Thanks, but no thanks.

- HST

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 02:56.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2005, 02:51 Halsy

Let's get reaaaaaady to rumble!

Get yer freak on, Blue!

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

59. Re: Car B Gone Dec 21, 2005, 23:04 Halsy

And again since it's illegal, what will the insurance company say about it?

It's the same as leaving your door open on your house, under the law it's not an invitation for people to come on in. Nor is leaving your keys in your car an invitation for people to get in and drive away. The only reason it's "illegal" is to help cut down on insurance costs.

- HST

- Stephen Colbert

3032 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo