Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halsy Knox

Real Name Halsy Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halsy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm always where the wild things are.
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 18, 2003, 16:05
Total Comments 3032 (Veteran)
User ID 17112

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Greetings Professor Falken... Jan 19, 2006, 14:10 Halsy

would you like to play a game?

DEFCON looks like it could be fun. I think they need to make the pink/purple side red though.

"You gotta keep on keepin' on, brother!"
- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Why We Fight... Jan 19, 2006, 14:09 Halsy

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whywefight/

Wow, I have to see this film. And you do too!

- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

16. Revenge of Wendy's Jan 18, 2006, 15:21 Halsy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060118/us_nm/crime_wendys_finger_dc

"Couple get 9 years prison for Wendy's finger scam"

While I'm glad they got caught, the sentence is out of line. They should definitely have recieved some jail time, but 9 years is excessive. Particularly when you compare that to all the white collar criminals who steal hundreds of millions of dollars and get off with a slap on the wrist or get away with it entirely. Justice seems to be only for the rich in America, which is one more reason its failing.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

28. Re: Olympics Jan 17, 2006, 14:40 Halsy

So illuminate me. What's the point of the Olympics

To see who can do the most performance enhancing drugs without getting caught, in order to win and secure a sweet endorsement deal. Apparently the games use to be about competition or some such quaint notion.

Oh yeah, it's also about calling certain artistic hobbies like figure skating a sport when they aren't.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

9. Re: Holy crap!!! Jan 15, 2006, 17:03 Halsy

Fuck you Pittsburgh!

I can't believe that!

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

52. Re: tasty! Jan 15, 2006, 07:39 Halsy

Fucking good football last eve! Gonna' be better today! Go Colts and Bears!

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

12. Re: Playoffs Jan 14, 2006, 15:22 Halsy

I hope the Colts take it all.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

53. Re: Military Women Jan 13, 2006, 23:39 Halsy

So either Batman is a woman now...or gay?

Brokeback Batman.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Unofficial Vampire Patch
13. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2006, 15:14 Halsy

Yeah, I just finished replaying this and it's worth picking up IMO. Playing the Malkavian clan is real interesting, and the Nosferatu is a real challenge. The other clans are pretty similar but there are some distinct differences.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > New World of Warcraft Patch
3. Re: Game time ran out today Jan 13, 2006, 05:39 Halsy

That's it *exactly*, sir. I'm having a hoot in EQ2 too.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

19. Re: Interesting. Jan 12, 2006, 17:04 Halsy

Robby: You all right Dirt?

Joe Dirt: Yeah, I'm cool.

Robby: No you're not.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > PizzaDude Demo
3. Re: Deliverator Jan 12, 2006, 02:22 Halsy

Gosh, I can't believe someone finally made a game of what we all aspire to be...the pizza guy.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

68. Re: Border insecurity Jan 12, 2006, 02:19 Halsy

Well, how do you expect to get serious when guys like George Bush want to reward the illegals with 10 million American jobs? Still not getting it?

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

38. Re: Speaking of movie stuff... Jan 11, 2006, 14:28 Halsy

Joe Dirt: So your gonna' tell me that you don't have no black cats, no roman candles, or screaming mimis?

Kicking Wing: No.

Joe Dirt: Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?

Kicking Wing: No, I don't.

Joe Dirt: You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Kicking Wing: No... because snakes and sparklers are the only ones I like.

Joe Dirt: Well that might be your problem, it's not what you like, it's the consumer.

P.S. Yeah, happy level-up day, Ant!

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 14:29.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: D&D Jan 11, 2006, 14:07 Halsy

That's not the problem so much as the real-time combat and the game-setting. The combat is just wrong for what's supposed to be D&D. It's nice that the devs try and advance the genre, but this was the wrong title to do it with.

I really don't get the whole Xundrik setting, apart from WOTC wanting to desperately foist this on consumers in hopes it'll sell. If they want to a MOG that's going to succeed they need to take the best elements of WoW and EQ2 and then set them in the Forgotten Realms. Considering how successful that franchise is, it boggles the mind they haven't done it already.

Yes, and all the instancing, while it's of the best quality I've seen in a MOG so far, leaves one feeling like they're in something of a large prison. Running around one city just does nothing to make it feel like you're part of a larger world. As an explorer type in MOGs, that's the one thing that games like WoW and EQ2 suck me in. The feeling that you're part of a large, organic world with interesting things to see and do, that aren't always combat related.

Couple that with no crafting and DDO is essentialy a hack'n'slash simulator, and that's just not what D&D is about for most players. The hacking and the slashing, whilst fun, is incidental. It's a shame because I wanted this game to succeed as a real D&D title, and it's not IMO.

Oh well, maybe WOTC will take the hint and finally get the world of Toril made properly.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Gold - 25 to Life
1. This is good... Jan 10, 2006, 23:11 Halsy

pfft, gangsta wannabe simulator training kids to devalue life. It's no wonder games are getting regulated, and with this sort of crap they should be.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

27. Re: One bright side blue.. Jan 9, 2006, 14:50 Halsy

Oh please, Blue...you're talking to a Packers fan here. As the Comic Book Guy would say...worst season ever.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

34. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2006, 15:18 Halsy

The TVs at my house are on those channels 95% of the time.

Mine too. Which pisses me off. I hate having to pay the cable company 30 bucks a month for 50 or so channels of crap and 5 or 6 good ones. I wish the gubment would end this freaking monopoly.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Site Seeing
4. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2006, 15:15 Halsy

Yep, I'm playing right now and enjoying it. WoW's a good game, but I find EQ2 much more enjoyable overall. I'd say that EQ2 is a much more adult game between the two.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

12. Rose Bowl Tonight... Jan 4, 2006, 13:37 Halsy

Man, it should be a barn burner - and not the kind the KKK are involved in. Go USC!

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

3032 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo