Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halsy Knox

Real Name Halsy Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halsy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm always where the wild things are.
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 18, 2003, 16:05
Total Comments 3032 (Veteran)
User ID 17112

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Doh...! Feb 3, 2006, 11:37 Halsy

So let's play the "who do you really work for" game. Guess who each person is a client of.

My two guesses:
Warhawk - FoxNews
Halsy - DNC

Are you fucking kidding me? The DNC are far too pussified for my tastes in how they approach things. They prefer to take the "moral highground" for the most part, and it's killing them. Had I been in charge of spin for the 2000 and 2004 elections - not to mention this year and 2008, you can be damn sure the democrats would be in control of all levels of government.

They really need to take off the kid gloves and get just as down and dirty as the republicans if they want to achieve anything. They can no longer afford to be the nice guys if they want to win, and given who they're running against it's absolutely pathetic they haven't been cleaning up.

If you want to fully understand what I mean, read "Banana Republicans: How the Right Wing Is Turning America into a One-Party State"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1585423424/qid=1138983471/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-7855633-7936738?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

The tactics the GOP use may be cheap and slimy, but they work. And if the democrats think for a second that trying to take the moral highground will win them over people they better be prepared to be out of power for a long time. The GOP know that it's easy to win people over with empty platitudes and jingoistic rhetoric. The Nazis - and every other nationalist party and/or dictatorship has used it to great effect throughout history.

I think the democrats seeing themselves as some sort of Arthurian type force. That they'll be the white knight on the white horse coming in, championing the people and the people will back them. And that's possible, but only with the right candidate. However, there hasn't been one since J.F.K./R.F.K.. So they need to get real, and do it fast.

Besides, I'd never need to engage in viral/guerilla marketing. I'm the kind of guy who hits flies with sledgehammers. If you need someone with a deft touch, I ain't it.

Then again, as I've stated previously over the years, I'm a leftist, not a democrat. As far I'm concerned the democrats are only slightly - and I do mean slightly - less worse than the republicans. I view both as parties of the elitists which are holding back real democracy. The only difference I see between republicans and democrats these days is that democrats feel slightly more guilty about the money the make.

Both Canada and America have the 2 party stranglehold, and both countries generally oscillate back and forth between the two parties every couple of years. And it really comes down to voting the incumbent out as opposed to voting the other guy in. And also as I've stated previously we're 2 of a total of 4 countries left on the planet who don't have full-fledged democracy (proportional representation), which are America, Canada, England and India. Proportional representation is long overdue, as this first-past-the-post style of politics is really dangerously dividing our respective countries. I honestly can't forsee people tolerating it overall for too much longer. People just can't take the strain anymore, and there's absolutely no reason that all sides shouldn't be represented when it comes to government.

"You gotta keep on keepin' on, brother!"
- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Khan Beta Live
4. Re: KHAN! Feb 3, 2006, 11:12 Halsy

Damn, you knew someone would get there first.

- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

14. Re: No subject Feb 2, 2006, 14:36 Halsy

Well, the little bastard has a 50/50 chance, more or less, of getting right, doesn't he?

If he's wrong does he become rodent burgers?

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

7. Re: I promise... Feb 2, 2006, 12:18 Halsy

Phil is the rockstar of groundhogs though

Coke, booze and hot, easy groupies? I wanna party with that rodent.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

6. Re: No subject Feb 2, 2006, 12:17 Halsy

I eagerly await tomorrow's OOTB.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Shadowgrounds English Demo
1. Hey Ray Marden! Feb 2, 2006, 12:15 Halsy

Get in there and let us know how it is!

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

46. Re: Pot guy Feb 1, 2006, 18:06 Halsy

You don't want to have a discussion with me - I have one stance on it, the stance of Law Enforcement.

Which side is that? There are plenty of law encforcement out there who want pot legalized or at least decriminalized. Plenty. Anyone who doesn't think pot should be legal needs to seriously smoke a doob.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > EA versus Ubisoft
22. Re: Taking sides. Feb 1, 2006, 18:04 Halsy

If I where to take sides between EA and any other firm, it would be anyother firm. Even if it just where to choose between the lesser of evil's.

As an ex-EA employee myself, I'd certainly agree. Hell, I'd have to side with Lucifer himself over EA.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

5. Asspounder Mountain Jan 31, 2006, 11:57 Halsy

leads the nominations along with Munich, yet Walk teh Line doesn't get a best picture nod??? Fucking Hollywood politics. And they wonder why fewer people watch their stupid award shows every year.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Romero Goes MMO
10. Re: No subject Jan 31, 2006, 11:53 Halsy

Much like Kevin Costner, how does this guy keep getting work?

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Stargate MMORPG Announced
8. Re: No subject Jan 31, 2006, 11:52 Halsy

Working title is actually "SG1 - Bound for Failure".

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

12. Re: Clerks 2 Jan 30, 2006, 14:16 Halsy

The 1 billion people who are Roman Catholics? I'd say nearly 20% of the populace of the planet following a faith qualifies as "relevant".

It's probably half of that, if that, and still declining every year - which is good news. And no, they really aren't relevant anymore.

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 14:17.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Bone in a Box
5. Re: Nothing like... Jan 29, 2006, 18:23 Halsy

Hehe hehehehe heay Beavis...he said bone.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
3. Re: No subject Jan 29, 2006, 18:21 Halsy

Watching paint dry is more fun than raiding.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

9. Re: No subject Jan 29, 2006, 18:21 Halsy

Thanks, but like everyone else I'll probably be writing Cock on my checks for weeks.

Ba-doom-bing!

I was born in the year of the monkey...or as Inspector Clouseau would have said...minkey.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

25. Re: PAGING MR. MARDEN! :) Jan 24, 2006, 16:56 Halsy

When referring to Ray Marden, please always refer to him as Ray Marden, and not just "Ray". Ray Marden is the kookiest cat around this place. I wanna' party with Ray Marden! Me and him together? Oh forget about it! That'd just be nuts.

P.S. Good luck Helf. Just try to not end up at the other extreme and be one of those born again "I'm clean!" freaks that always rags on everyone else for their substance abuse. And I hope it doesn't leave you in fear of ever falling off the wagon again either. It's all about finding the middle-ground.

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 16:59.

- Stephen Colbert

26. Read this... Jan 23, 2006, 14:26 Halsy

Read it now.

State of War : The Secret History of the C.I.A. and the Bush Administration

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743270665/qid=1138044047/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-2842855-5228736?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

"Risen's description of what he says was called "the Program"--the ongoing eavesdropping operation, done with almost no judicial or congressional oversight, on the phone calls and emails of hundreds of Americans (and potentially millions more)--is only a chapter in his larger tale of the recent missteps and oversteps of U.S. intelligence. His evidence ranges from insider White House accounts of Donald Rumsfeld, "the ultimate turf warrior," outmaneuvering his rivals to make the Defense Department the dominant voice in foreign policy, to on-the-ground reports of the administration's willful ignorance of crucial intelligence on the dormancy of Saddam's weapons programs, Saudi support for al Qaeda, and the startlingly rapid transformation of Afghanistan into a "narco-state" under American authority. Some of the episodes he recounts--Saudi security officials with Osama bin Laden screensavers, an Iraqi scientist who had told the CIA his country had no nuclear program watching Colin Powell testify to the UN that they did--would be comical were the stakes less high.

Risen's loyalties are not with the opposition party--he's sharply critical of Clinton's disinterest in the CIA--but with the career field agents who are his best sources. Those agents and their expertise, he argues, have been cast aside, along with the long centrist tradition of U.S. foreign policy and the basic checks and balances of the American system of government, by the Bush administration's radical politicization and militarization of intelligence. He covers a lot of ground in a book of just over 200 pages, some of it familiar from other accounts, and at times his tradecraft anecdotes can be hard to assess without context. But his specific revelations and his well-sourced, angry overview of the way the battles against terror have been fought make for startling, newsmaking reading. --Tom Nissley"

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

25. Re: Tango's movie news :-) Jan 23, 2006, 14:20 Halsy

Syriana is, very simply, too complex for most people to grasp. Anyone without a basic understanding of Middle-Eastern/American history and foreign policy will most likely be hopelessly lost. They'll probably get the general gist of it though.

Two other movies to see...

Why We Fight (Documentary)
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0436971/

Good Night and Good Luck (brilliant!)
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0433383/

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

18. Re: Here's an interesting story: Jan 20, 2006, 15:25 Halsy

Well, there's no more proof that Christ existed than did Augustus Caesar - actually there's considerably less evidence in that regard, but you get my meaning.

I believe Christ existed, as a philosopher and teacher, not as the son of god, however. I think a case could be made against the church in that regard. The burden of proof is on them, and no one's ever proven what they claim in that respect.

Personally, I'd far rather see the Catholic church sued for propagating psychological damage against the world in the form of terrorizing people with their concepts of eternal suffering in hell and what not. I mean, that sort of thing fucks you up as a kid, whether you're a practicing Catholic or not. It's a form of psychological terrorism, and shouldn't be permitted as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the rampant hypocrisy involved. God is the benevolent and loving creator, but if you don't accept him you suffer for eternity? Not any kind of a deity I'd ever worship.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

8. Re: Underworld Jan 20, 2006, 12:07 Halsy

I'd be all over Kate like cheap cologne on a hooker. It's funny how many people still haven't seen Spinal Tap and don't get the "11" reference. Thing I like about these Underworld flicks is that the Werewolves are rightfully at the top of the food chain and lay the smack down on the eurotrash vampires. I'd go werewolf over vampire any day of the week.

In sad news, the great Wilson Pickett died of a heart attack yesterday. He was 64. I love his music.

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/28734737

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

3032 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo