Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halsy Knox

Real Name Halsy Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halsy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm always where the wild things are.
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 18, 2003, 16:05
Total Comments 3032 (Veteran)
User ID 17112

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: No subject Feb 27, 2006, 15:24 Halsy

Well rock on southern brothers! Hals went out and got himself one of those fancy-schmancy new nano ipod 1 gig jobbies (1 gig is more than ample, because really, how many songs can one listen to - ir want to - in 3 hours anyway?). Sweet little toy. Me like.

Don't really like the earbuds all that much though. Not very comfortable..."nice though the abbatoir is
"(10 points to whoever gets that reference). Anyone know if they sell other kinds?

Other downside is how much they pimp that fuckin' itunes bullshit. It's like, 'Fuckoff, I'll never use your goddamned service so stop pimping it so hard.' Sucks that you have to use it just to manage your ipod.

"You gotta keep on keepin' on, brother!"
- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Heat of the Moment Feb 25, 2006, 03:24 Halsy

I never meant to be so bad to you
One thing I said that I would never do
One look from you and I would fall from grace
And that would wipe this smile right from my face

Do you remember when we used to dance
And incidence arose from circumstance
One thing lead to another we were young
And we would scream together songs unsung

Chorus:
It was the heat of the moment
Telling me what your heart meant
Heat of the moment shone in your eyes

And now you find yourself in 82
The disco hotspots hold no charm for you
You can't concern yourself with bigger things
You catch the pearl and ride the dragon's wings

Chorus

And when your looks are gone and you're alone
How many night's you sit beside the phone
What were the things you wanted for yourself
Teenage ambition you remember well

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 03:25.

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

14. Re: uno question! Feb 23, 2006, 13:29 Halsy

Go with lots of cedar and plants and make it really organic, like some 70's mercury home. Lots of cushions and low tables to sit around and smoke hash at. And don't forget a rug that really ties the room together - Scotchgaurded to protect it from people peeing on it.

Conversely you could try and go for a real cold, clinical Death Star feel and tell the CEO to march around in a Darth Vader costume with the Imperial March blaring through the PA whenever he's marching through the office.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online NA Plans
11. Re: sports minigame Feb 23, 2006, 13:22 Halsy

I might play it if it lets you punt hobbits.

I might play if I can bugger them with my wizard's "staff".

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

23. Re: hay.... Feb 21, 2006, 15:09 Halsy

The sooner the Muslim and Xtian extremists kill each other off, the better off the rest of us will be. I want to see more of them knocking each other off, not less.

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 15:09.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - EverQuest II: Kingdom of Sky
3. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2006, 14:40 Halsy

I don't know what game you're talking about but it's not EQ2.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

39. Re: PowerBall Feb 20, 2006, 16:14 Halsy

The clerk thinks she should be entitled to some winnings for handing over a ticket? LOL!

I'd share something with her...some advice. Get back to school and stop being a loser in a corner store.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Houston Police Chief Feb 18, 2006, 12:32 Halsy

How and what does this pig define exactly as "wrong". If you're white, xtian, and a conservative extremist, than you can do no wrong in Harry's book. Anyone else will be guilty as sin, however. The Lifestyle Police will find things wrong. Thought-crime soon to follow. Thosesorts of fascists are the worst kinds of anti-American. TJ and co. are spinning in their graves.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

8. Free IPOD Feb 17, 2006, 12:37 Halsy

Blue...

what's with this damn "Win a free IPOD" popup I've been seeing the last couple of weeks. This thing is beyond annoying. It's either that or the UGO popup. I can understand that one. But this popup that leads to http://ipods.freepay.com/Default.aspx?N=1&P=186 has to go.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Boll Slams Games Industry (Really!)
21. Re: *Clears throat* Feb 15, 2006, 13:38 Halsy

A) Bloodrayne. Wrong IP to make a movie about. A game that caters to 14 year console kids with ADD is not something the masses en large are going to want to see. DOOM was a smart move, everyone knows DOOM. Do a Half-Life flick...made well...and watch it be a huge success.

B) Regardless of the IP you're using, if you can't direct and edit for shit the movie is going to tank. Who the fuck puts Ben Kingsley and Michael Madsen in a film together? Who put either one of them in a fantasy film? What a tool.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

50. Re: Batten Feb 13, 2006, 11:39 Halsy

What is involved in Battening

Prior to that they used cotton batten and tar to provide a waterproof seal in times of inclement weather. Dig it.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

39. Re: Fast food? Feb 9, 2006, 15:59 Halsy

Everyone buys fast-food once in a while. Sometimes you just don't have the time and/or energy to cook at home. I try and stay away from McRaunchy's and that crap now - and do a good job of it overall - and utilize "fresh-food" places where I can get a donair or gyros with fresh veg and the like.

Or working in the restaurant biz atm I generally eat pretty well at work or one of the places close by (i.e. Japanese, Greek, etc.).

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Halo 2 for Windows Vista Planned
54. Re: MS is Scared Feb 9, 2006, 15:54 Halsy

I don't know anyone who intends to upgrade to this thing. Why would they? Spend several grand on a new rig just to run that pig, and for what? No thanks.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

21. Non-sequitur Feb 9, 2006, 10:52 Halsy

Speaking of American Pie...Stiffler is a funny guy. "I'm gonna' hang out with my wang out. I'm gonna' rock out with my cock out."

And Finch screaming at the stripper to stick her thumb in his ass. LOL!

Ahhh, good times.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > The Movies to Expand?
1. An expansion? Feb 9, 2006, 10:46 Halsy

Of all the shit they promised in the first place and never delivered? No thanks. Just say no to Molyneaux games and his overhyped lies.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

9. Re: No Feb 6, 2006, 11:57 Halsy

That was some piss-poor officiating. While I though the Steelers would win anyway, Seatlle definitely got robbed.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

59. Re: No subject Feb 4, 2006, 03:18 Halsy

Heh, thanks gents. What can I say, I'm in the zone tonight.

I'm still dissapointed we didn't get more replies to who people think Ray Marden works for. I have to say, without equivocation - and I love you all in your own special ways - that Ray Marden is one of the most interesting cats around here. Ray is most definitely different, and someone I've always wanted to party with.

And speaking of MIA's, we rarely see Bronco or Sixis around anymore. I guess those boys are still lost in WoW. I miss the Bronc. There's another dude I'd love to have a few ales with. Hell, if I won the lottery tomorrow that would be probably be top of my agenda. Fly out to each of your respective hometowns for dins and drinks. Lots of drinks! Hehehe.

Oddly enough, I think Warhawk and I would probably have the best time too. If for no other reason that our taste in movies is so goddamn similar (The Right Stuff, et al.). For all our bickering and arguing - Monty Python moment! "Let's not bicker and argue, about 'oo killed 'oo. This is supposed to be a happy occasion!" - we still agree on a lot of stuff. While he's definitely right and I'm definitely left - he's a little bit country...I'm a little bit rock and rooooooooll - we actually do come down on the same page on a lot of things, albeit for different reasons. And lord knows I'd certainly love to meet the woman that puts up with him.

P.S. nin...me and you? Fuhgeddabout it! It'd be insanity. You...are a wild man! Oh yeah, I gotta' party with this guy.

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 03:20.

- Stephen Colbert

58. Re: Doh...! Feb 4, 2006, 02:56 Halsy

As a Canadian I'll step in here. We just had an election, so I've been thinking about this.

First of all, the idea that we have two parties that simply pass power back and forth is false. The Conservatives are going to be forming their first government in 13 years shortly. The Liberals have been the party of power for so long, it's refreshing to have the Conservatives actually governing instead of opposing the government for opposition's sake. As well, in most electoral districts the voter had 3 viable choices: the Liberals, Conservatives and the NDP (who are more leftist than the liberals). While you do not hear a whole lot about the NDP, they currently hold two provincial legislatures and should not be dismissed as inconsequential.

Really? You think I'm wrong? Well, here's the results of every federal election from 1867-2000, provided by Simon Frasier Univeristy....

http://www.sfu.ca/~aheard/elections/1867-2000.html

20 for the liberls, and 16 for the conservatives. And when you look at voting patterns, most of those were for 2 4 year terms with the occasional 3 4 year term thrown in. In 139 years, no one in has ever been in federal power in Canada apart from the liberals or conservatives. And you're telling me they don't sway back and forth? You could probably put the democrats and republicans in the U.S. to pretty much the same thing. That says nothign of the fact that the Conservatives only actually captured 36% of the vote, lost the majority vote, and the rest of those votes all went to left-leaning parties - including the PQ.

I love Jack Layton. I love the NDP, and you'd think after 140 years of the same ol' thing that people would give them a shot at federal power, but no. Why? Because people are predicatable and most of them are sheep. Sheep are predictable and easily led. So yes, Virgina, there really is a Santa Claus, and Santa will tell you that poltics are much the same the world over...vote out the guys you don't like as opposed to voting in guys that you do. You've asmuch already admitted it yourself.

Secondly, the mudslinging going on between the Liberals and the Conservatives does not mean that Canadians are becoming increasingly divided in their political allegiances. The two parties fight hard to show how different they are from each other, but most Canadians see past this and do not feel that if the other party gets in they will ruin Canada.

Yes, actually they are, and the polls reflect it. The conservatives have become increasingly conservative, and that disturbs most Canadians - you know, the other 64% that didn't vote for them. As much as I don't like Stephen Harper, I respect the man. He's nobody's fool, and he will do everything possible to win a majority government. He will reign in the more rabid element of the conservative wing. He will tell them to sit down and be quiet. He will be the ultimate centrist. Not because he believes in it, but because he knows that, moreso than anything else, will delive him the majority he wants, than the kid gloves will come off. And if you don't think things are divided now, just wait and see what happens then.

The reality is we are living in an increasily polarized world between the left and right because the right will not concede an inch. Bi-partisan is a word that does not exist in their vocabulary. And by this I don't mean the centrists - which most people are - with left of right leanings, but that hardcore 30% of the population - which both Canada and the U.S. have on the left and right. The major difference is that even with the hardcore left you always see more flexibility overall. So as the fights ramp up, the left will of course realize there's no recourse but to fight fire with fire, and that's where the whole ball of wax starts to melt.

Historically speaking, we're long past due for such a melt-down anyway - and history is cyclical without fail. Oh, it may not mean a full on civil war, but things will certainly not continue as "normal" from this point forward. And it may be for the best. What's the point in living in any nation where one half and the other simply cannot agree on most things? Much like a good divorce, you don't point fingers and play the blame game, but simply realize it isn't working anymore and go your seperate ways.

Forget all the nationalistic jive, because really, what does it mean to be a nation beyond a collection of like-minded peoples? A real family rarely grows up under the same roof. And if one hald of the people are content doing things there own way, and the other the other way, why not let them rather than having them constantly at each others throats? That seems far more sane and healthy to me, than to constantly be going at it.

There are deep divides across the full spectrum here. Religious, economic, political. If we can't build a bridge of bi-partisanship, then let's be done with it and get on with living the way we all feel we should be living.

Thirdly, and this is where I get into my own opinion, I don't think that proportional representation would be a good thing in Canada. The population of Canada is so heavily concentrated in Ontario and Quebec that the other provinces would receive even less of a voice in Parliament than they currently hold. Proportional representation would also make it very hard to form a majority government in Canada. We would most certainly have to deal with minority governments that are weak and unsure of their mandate. When the government can be removed at any time it stops making the hard decisions for fear of alienating somebody and reverts to caretaker status.

Well if that's where most of you money comes from, why shouldn't those who foot the bill have a larger say? Toronto pays out 9 billion a year more in taxes than what it gets back - and it desperately needs that money. Why should we continue to waste it - and yes it is a waste, on small communities and outports that are really doing nothing else but living on the government tit? It's no different from all those little burghs in the U.S. who depend solely on the military, or some other collapsing industry - manufacturing or natural resources. Call it whatever you like but it's still welfare. The concentration of populations in industrialized nations is urban. It's what generates the revenue, and should proportionately have a larger say in what happens with the revenue it generates.

Why should some burgh from Nowheresville, Canada/USA have the same say as Toronto or New York? These people have different economic and cultural norms anyway. And they sure as shit do not represent the majority. Should they have a voice? Of course, and that's the entire principle of proportional representation. Everyone has a say. However we need to be more realistic in what that say is. Again, the conservatives got 36% of the vote and now lead the country - albeit with a minority government - but that other 64% of left-leaning voters deserve to be represented to because the reality is they are in fact the majority, they simply vary on few things.

If Quebec seperates - and I wish they would so they'd shut up already - I say power to them. Fuck them. It doesn't mean they're entitled to Quebec. They can go back to France for all I care, because the last time I checked Canadian history the French lost - overwhlemingly. Wolfe won, Montcalm lost. Quebec was built on english speaking money and they'd be nothing without english speaking Canada. and if they actually think seperating will do more for them and their "distinct" culture than I say I also have a bridge in Brooklyn I'll let them buy cheap. The romantics fail to realize that them seperating is the worst thing they can possibly do to proctect their "distinct" culture.

What's the reality? No more federal money, plus the loss of all major government projects - i.e. hydro. Canda drops french as an official language, and you know no one will speak it anymore on principle alone. The U.S. doesn't have to contend with the bullshit language laws anymore so they'll prefer doing business with English speaking Canada. So if Quebec wants theirs, ours, or anyone elses business outside of France, they're all going to have to speak English. Game. Set. Match.

Anyway, it's all just so much bullshit.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

54. Re: Politics Feb 4, 2006, 02:01 Halsy

Halsy, I thought I knew where you stood politically, but your post today has me a bit confused. If you consider yourself to the left of Democrats (aka bleeding heart liberals) then where would that put you?

Are you a closet communist? Or, what political system is the absolute furthest to the left?

Have I ever struck you as a bleeding heart? When I say leftist, I mean socialist. A social-democratic society. We've seen that extremes at either end of the political and economic spectrum simply don't work for most people. Think of it as Goldilocks politics/economics, not too hot, not to cold, but just right.

Even as a staunch socialist I'm still pro-gun, pro-death-penalty. I believe in fair trade, not free trade - hell I'll even take protectionism. I'm a firm a believer in unions - although I also believe that much like our political divide that both unions and management need to overhaul themselves, and again, meet in the middle. I'm pro-environment, but again, not fanatic about it. Industry needs to thrive, but we can also do a better job between industry and environment and everyone knows it. I'm pretty centrist when it comes down to it, with leanings to the left and right on certain issues, but ultimately I believe in putting people first which generally means left.

I believe people should be rewarded for their creativity, but not absurdly so. Bill Gates may be a huge philanthropist, but would really hurt for him and guys like him to actually pay tax? Right now Bush's tax cuts are so skewed for the rich that even the rich are coming out and saying it's wrong. When the super-rich start feeling bad about how good they're having it, you know some shit is going down somewhere. (see http://www.responsiblewealth.org/ - which the Gates family belong to, Warren Buffet, et al.)

Not that long ago corporations were taxed at 50%, now they pay nothing when you factor in incentives, subsidies, tax loopholes, etc. Any good tax attorney or economist will tell you that's a fact. The corporate charther needs to be revoked and reworked. Corporations are not entities! And all to often we've seen the abuse that can occur when real people who make real decisions are not held accountable for their actions (see http://www.thecorporation.com/ - if you've never read it and/or seen the documentary it will knock your fucking socks off).

When you look at the standard of living in the world today, the best countries are socialist(ic). America rates as the best country to live in - if you have the means, i.e. 150K+ per year as an individual - and 28th for standard of living if you're below that. If you're willing to give up a better standard of all-around living for the ultra-slim chance to be super-rich, America is the place to be. If you're more concerned about your fellow man and living with more modest means and having a better standard of living overall - as a common man - there are plenty of better places.

I've never had any desire to be super-rich, and I'm a Darwinist - not to be confused with the bass-ackwards social Darwinists. Darwin never said, "suvival of the fittest". What he said was "suvival of which fits", meaning, the species that can best work together for the common good has the best chance of surviving in the long run. Evolution is a socialist too.

My biggest problem with the republicans - and it's unfair to call them that, because I actually like *real* republicans, so I should say neocons - is that they're trying to drag us back into the dark ages. If you've ever studied American history - the forefathers in particular - you can see that what the fundies are doing really is anti-American according to what Jefferson and the boys intended. It's no coincidence that the first Amendment is all about establishing the seperation of church and state. They knew this to be imperative to establishing a thriving, progressive democracy of free-thinkers. And consider the time in which they did this is one of the reasons that the Declartion of Independence and the Constituiton are two of thee greatest documents ever penned.

The Rabbi Sherwin Wine said it best....

There are two visions of America. One precedes our founding fathers and finds its roots in the harshness of our puritan past. It is very suspicious of freedom, uncomfortable with diversity, hostile to science, unfriendly to reason, contemptuous of personal autonomy. It sees America as a religious nation. It views patriotism as allegiance to God. It secretly adores coercion and conformity. Despite our constitution, despite the legacy of the Enlightenment, it appeals to millions of Americans and threatens our freedom.

The other vision finds its roots in the spirit of our founding revolution and in the leaders of this nation who embraced the age of reason. It loves freedom, encourages diversity, embraces science and affirms the dignity and rights of every individual. It sees America as a moral nation, neither completely religious nor completely secular. It defines patriotism as love of country and of the people who make it strong. It defends all citizens against unjust coercion and irrational conformity.

This second vision is our vision. It is the vision of a free society. We must be bold enough to proclaim it and strong enough to defend it against all its enemies.

So, my hard-on against Bush and the neocons isn't so much against republicans - because there are plenty of real republicans who don't like what Buscho is doing either - as it is the neocon/fundy/American Taliban movement.

Let's face it, real democracy means putting up with some shit you don't like - and that's a two-way street. Don't like gay-marriage? Tough shit, fags are human beings too and just because you don't like them getting married doesn't mean they shouldn't. Same as I may not want to hear Buddy the Jesus freak standing out on a corner and preaching on, but it's his goddamn right to do so. Or, as wiser man than I once said....I may not agree with what you say/believe, but I'll defend to the death your right to say/do it.

This is something these people don't do, and actively work against. And as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't get anymore goddamed un-American than that.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

13. Re: Doh...! Feb 3, 2006, 11:39 Halsy

Who does Ray Marden work for is the real question though!

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

3032 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo