Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halsy Knox

Real Name Halsy Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halsy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm always where the wild things are.
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 18, 2003, 16:05
Total Comments 3032 (Veteran)
User ID 17112

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
51. Re: Our Tax Dollars at.. WTF? Mar 7, 2006, 17:06 Halsy

I gots the boogie fever, I need to boogie down.

Burn, baby, burn, disco inferno.
Burn, baby, burn, burn the mother down!

"You gotta keep on keepin' on, brother!"
- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Saw the X-men 3 trailer during 24 Mar 7, 2006, 14:09 Halsy

That flick looks hotter than a cheerleader's ass covered in heat rub.

- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Gothic III Delayed
10. Re: Well Mar 7, 2006, 13:47 Halsy

Gothic series rules so far. Better later and better than early and not. They better have this goddamned thing out before Xmas here though.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Kirby Puckett kicks the Bucket Mar 7, 2006, 00:30 Halsy

No real surprise there. I expect we'll be seeing a lot more roid-monkeys checking out sooner rather than later. THey really need to remove these cheaters from the HOF and strip any records they hold.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

41. Re: Oscars Mar 6, 2006, 16:27 Halsy

Damn Clooney is a funny guy...

"It's a funny thing about winning an Academy Award. This will always be synonymous with your name from here on end. It will be, Oscar winner George Clooney, sexiest man alive 1997, `Batman,' died today in a freak accident ..." George Clooney after winning his first Oscar, for supporting actor in "Syriana."

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

40. Re: Oscars Mar 6, 2006, 16:23 Halsy

Don't really much care about the Oscars. I'm glad that Reese got best actress, she really deserved it. I can't think of the last time that someone got an oscar deserved it as much as she did for Walk the Line.

And good on George for Syriana.

Picking Crash for best pic was such a cowardly, political cop-out. You knew there was no way they'd give Asspounder Mountain the nod, which is why they caved and gave Ang Lee best director as a compromise. Best director should have went to either Clooney or Spielberg for sure. And Walk the Line not being in the best pic category was such bullshit. I still say it was the best film of 2005, bar none.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

39. Re: What? Mar 6, 2006, 16:16 Halsy

Kootur, get it straight - ha ha no pun intended - you're the only deviant around here.

2 films that are prominently gay get some press and the American-Taliban think Armageddon is upon us. How many gay oriented films does Hollywood produce every year? How man have they done ever? 6 maybe? A dozen? Versus 1000's of "straight" films. Again, get over it you freak.

9/11 was a punishment alright...for allowing Bushco to usurp democracy and allowing those evil bastards to run the country. It was their handywork and the sheeple like you buy it hook, line, and sinker. P.T. Barnum was more right than he knew when he said a sucker is born every minute. We call them Bush sheeple.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

37. Re: Popup nightmare Mar 6, 2006, 16:05 Halsy

I agree, and such cheesy shit too. Poker popups and crap like "Win a free ipod". Then there's the shockwave crap which always just splashes everywhere too. It's definitely getting out of control, Blue.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Telecom Execs Mar 6, 2006, 15:53 Halsy

Man, everyone should be aware of this and signing this petition.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

45. Re: But Blue... Mar 5, 2006, 23:15 Halsy

Its not hatred, I think homos need to be helped and cured of their mental illness. Its a mental problem like depression and we need to start curing these people and not encouraging them. You don't tell alcoholics that its "Their Lifestyle" and allow them to keep their addiction do you?

The actual problem is that you and people like you are the ones who are mentally ill. You see threats where there are none. You create problems where there are none. You thrive on hatred, strife, and conflict, that's abnormal behaviour. Being gay is no different than being straight it's a natural state which exists throughout nature. Get over it already. Go save the homeless or something worthwhile.

Oh and why don't you angry people stop verbally attacking me and try to prove me wrong once. All I ever hear as counter points from you people is "Idiot" and "Moron". When you call me names It shows who is more enlightened

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

20. Re: But Blue... Mar 5, 2006, 16:34 Halsy

I agree with you BorisP. I wish people would get it in their stupid heads that Homos are sick people. They just like pedophiles and should be put in medical prisons and atempted to be cured. Its not a life style its a mental disorder.

Man, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. If anyone is sick, it's you and people like you. Hatred is something that's learned and it can - and should be unlearned. It's a pity you had such a terrible childhood. And as far as the gay bashing goes you really should come out of the closet and acknowledge you're gay. You'll be much happier in the long run. Keep reaching for that rainbow, sweetie!

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

38. Re: JFK Mar 5, 2006, 03:16 Halsy

Best line in that film (and one of the greatest of any film, bar none), "You don't know shit 'cause you've never been fucked in the ass! You're not a bad-looking man, Mr. Garrison. When I get out, I'm gonna come visit you. Have some real fun!"

On a more serious note though, if you've never been to Dallas, the JFK museum (i.e. the book repository which is now the JFK museum - http://www.jfk.org/) walked along Elm, the grassy gnoll, the bridge, the sixth floor where Oswald was (supposedly) you can't really grasp all the intangibles.

When I was in Dallas for work a few years back I made a point of going down and checking that all out. Being there and seeing everything live is a whole different ball of wax. Seeing where Osawald shot from and looking at the footage of what happened to JFK there is simply no goddamn way he made the killing shot. It's simply impossible.

It's one of those things that you have to actually experience first hand to really understand it. The angle that best lines up with him being shot (because the street is a sharp declining S curve) is from the bridge/railroad tracks where many witnesses said they saw/heard a shot.

Regardless if you think it's a conspiracy or not (and I do, because like Donald Sutherland's character said, "kings are killed" and that's nothing new in human history), but you get a much better idea of the man and how many enemies he had by doing the museum tour. Kennedy pissed off a *lot* of people, not just the mob and military-industrial complex, because he was really trying to do the right thing.

The whole museum is an extremely powerful testament to a great man. You see loads of people crying in there. It was a strange thing to see men in their 50's and 60's who looked tough as nails (like ex-cop/military types) wiping tears out of their eyes. I even shed a few myself in there.

Overall it's an experience I can't recommend enough and something that every good American (and non-American) should make the effort to see. It's certainly been one of the more moving experiences in my life.

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 03:17.

- Stephen Colbert

6. Re: Access is denied. Mar 4, 2006, 15:46 Halsy

Did you try going through the command window and nuking it? That generally takes care of business on pesky to delete files.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

3. Re: OT: Compact cars have high death rates Mar 3, 2006, 12:08 Halsy

Get rid of all the needless tanks on the road and no problem.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: OT - exercize bike Mar 3, 2006, 03:30 Halsy

H.R. Pufnstuf was an amazing film! And even more amazing after I discovered psychedelics!

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Gold - Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion
18. Re: ATI Performance Mar 2, 2006, 13:36 Halsy

I've seen that mentioned in a few previews. Dunno' what the minimum is but whatever it is the general conensus is that the game is a HUGE resource hog and to do it justice on the PC you better have a serious rig to handle it.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Gold - Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion
14. What a pig Mar 2, 2006, 13:33 Halsy

Recommended specs are 3ghz CPU, 2 gigs o' ram and a 6800gt card or better? Well I won't be playing this pig anytime soon.

Not to mention if it's as boring as Morrowwind was it's not great loss. I'm easger to see what actual gamers have to say about this game after a week or two.

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 13:35.

- Stephen Colbert

29. Re: morrowind Mar 1, 2006, 17:32 Halsy

Nice organic look/feel to the world. Lame quests. Lame NPCs. An ok way to pass the time if you have nothing else to play I guess. I'd sooner replay Gothic 1 and 2 as well as Fallout 1 and 2.

I don't about Oblivion. I'll definitely waiting on a lot of user reviews first. Not to mention it'll probably be a massive resource hog.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

12. Re: QTest Feb 28, 2006, 12:28 Halsy

I didn't have a 3d card (I don't know if anyone did

I remember the day the Diamond Monster came out. Taking an extended lunch from work to head out and pick up the card. I brought it back to work (was doing tech support for an ISP back then) and we installed it on one of our top end machines and then all 'ooohed' and 'ahhhed' over 3D graphics. Which subsequently got the rest of the guys to run and buy one and our system admin to order several so we could play on the office LAN.

Whilst Quake was fun, it didn't really take off for me untill hook and Threewave CTF showed up. After that it was like a crack addiction for a while. That "da-da-da" sound when you captured the flag was so Pavlovian. Everytime I heard that sound I salivated and shuddered in satisfaction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake

Ahhh, good times.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Scarface Music Search
3. Re: No subject Feb 28, 2006, 12:09 Halsy

Push it to the limit (limit!)
Walk along the razor's edge
Don't look down, just keep your head
Or you'll be finished...ooooohh

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

3032 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo