Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halsy Knox

Real Name Halsy Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halsy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm always where the wild things are.
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 18, 2003, 16:05
Total Comments 3032 (Veteran)
User ID 17112

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Net Neutrality... Mar 21, 2006, 22:23 Halsy

No, of course we don't have anything to worry about. 'Cause we all know big business is our friend and would never screw us given the opportunity, right?

"You gotta keep on keepin' on, brother!"
- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Update
6. Re: No subject Mar 21, 2006, 22:17 Halsy

Actually it's swedish for, 'Haha! How many of you suckers will continue to buy our bug-ridden POS games?'

- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Star Wars: Empire at War Patch
1. Well? Mar 21, 2006, 18:11 Halsy

Loved the demo - even though I'm not an RTS fan by any stretch. Anyone playing/loving this game?

Is it worth it if you don't really intend on playing multiplayer? That is, once the story arcs are done for both sides are there good random generated missions?

WC3 was like that for me. Once I finished the main game I didn't really have much of a desire to play anymore.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Power of Destruction Announced
11. Re: Well-groomed? Mar 21, 2006, 18:03 Halsy

Why can't we play a Nazi bent on keeping the Reich intact? It's fun to play the bad guy too from time to time. Let me play a Gestapo or SS guy getting all evil on your ass.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Space Rangers 2 Mar 21, 2006, 15:56 Halsy

http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/space.htm

WTF do you buy this thing? Are these clowns trying not to sell the game? Some publisher. Five pages of info on the game and not 1 place on where to buy it.

P.S. Bleh nevermind just saw the game has Starforce. Anyone have the full version of Weird Worlds from shrapnelgames.com? Demo is ok, but $24.95 US for what seems like such a small game seems kind of pricey.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
30. Re: yeah! Mar 21, 2006, 15:45 Halsy

Most people jizz themselves right after getting the title and checking it out for a few hours. The true litmus test is too see what people think after a few days or weeks. That's where you see all the problems crop up like the game being to repetitious, combat sucking, no depth to the game, lame quests, etc.

I'm not saying that's going to happen in Oblivion as it did in Morrowind, but so far I've always thought the TES series has sucked and I'm in no rush to pick up the game. I suspect similar problems will emerge with Oblivion. Anyway, we shall see. Caveat emptor.

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 15:48.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 This Fall
30. Re: No subject Mar 20, 2006, 23:52 Halsy

Bugriddenfield 2,142,000,000 (# of bugs at launch).

Anyone who gives EA/DICE 1 cent for thier bug-ridden, virtually unsupported POS games is insane.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

61. Re: V for Vendetta Mar 20, 2006, 20:13 Halsy

Regarding V and the creator's original intent (which was a shot at Thatcher and Reagan regardless of who says what) all I have to say is that once again we see life imitating art imitating life.

The right-wing has always been uncomfortable with freedom and concepts like social responsibility and justice. Just a major fault in their hard-wiring.

The Rabbi Sherwin Wine said it best....

There are two visions of America. One precedes our founding fathers and finds its roots in the harshness of our puritan past. It is very suspicious of freedom, uncomfortable with diversity, hostile to science, unfriendly to reason, contemptuous of personal autonomy. It sees America as a religious nation. It views patriotism as allegiance to God. It secretly adores coercion and conformity. Despite our constitution, despite the legacy of the Enlightenment, it appeals to millions of Americans and threatens our freedom.

The other vision finds its roots in the spirit of our founding revolution and in the leaders of this nation who embraced the age of reason. It loves freedom, encourages diversity, embraces science and affirms the dignity and rights of every individual. It sees America as a moral nation, neither completely religious nor completely secular. It defines patriotism as love of country and of the people who make it strong. It defends all citizens against unjust coercion and irrational conformity.

This second vision is our vision. It is the vision of a free society. We must be bold enough to proclaim it and strong enough to defend it against all its enemies.

Oh yes, and I forgot to send out a happy level-up day to nin, so Happy Level-Up Day! Take a consitution boost!

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > TES IV: Oblivion Tools
20. Re: Oblivious Mar 20, 2006, 20:09 Halsy

THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY!

ROFL! Pure gold! Moritz FTW!

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

46. Misc. Mar 20, 2006, 16:36 Halsy

Grow your own oil. Great idea and long overdue.

This essay breaks the law. Brilliant! The U.S. patent office is out of control. It really seems to me that most Americans are slaves to an insane construct. It boggles the mind.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

38. Re: Bah.. Mar 20, 2006, 16:07 Halsy

And the looting of the treasury continues unabated. P.T. Barnum is laughing his ass off somewhere.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: NVIDIA plans a new ForceWare release We Mar 20, 2006, 15:54 Halsy

Oblivion is going to be such a pig.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

10. Re: Upgrade 'R Us Mar 19, 2006, 23:13 Halsy

http://www.msicomputer.com/

MSI is the way to go always. Check Toms or HardOCP or any of those sites and they *always* love MSI.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Righty-o, man! Righty-o! Mar 18, 2006, 03:50 Halsy

Camaro, I am full on testicular fortitude! Forget one ball.

Enahs? You want to move on to despising? Fine, I'll go you one better and move on to loathing. Despising is for the rank amateurs. Loathing is for the full-on pros! In the words of Royal Tennenbaum, "You wanna' talk some jive? Oh, I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard! Right on!"

I love you, man! That is...you know, after loathing you and all.

Well anyway, it was St. Paddy's - amatuer night as I like to call it, when all the lightweights come out and show themselves for the clowns they are - and it was a good time had by all.

Hals is a little ploughed right now...tuned up...well oiled...3 sheets to the wind as it were. Went out after work with the crew and the big dogs did 'er up right. Got 'er goin'! Yeah...'cause that's how I roll.

"Today" - Smashing Pumpkins

Today is the greatest
Day I've ever known
Can't live for tomorrow,
Tomorrow's much too long
I'll burn my eyes out
Before I get out

I wanted more
Than life could ever grant me
Bored by the chore
Of saving face

Today is the greatest
Day I've never known
Can't wait for tomorrow
I might not have that long
I'll tear my heart out
Before I get out

Pink ribbon scars
That never forget
I tried so hard
To cleanse these regrets
My angel wings
Were bruised and restrained
My belly stings

Today is
Today is
Today is
The greatest day

I want to turn you on
I want to turn you on
I want to turn you on
I want to turn you

Today is the greatest
Today is the greatest day
Today is the greatest day
That I have ever really known

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 03:52.

- Stephen Colbert

37. Re: No subject Mar 17, 2006, 15:42 Halsy

Only swine refuse Guinnness or Smithwicks! Shag me, I'm Irish!

This one goes out to our good buddy Kootur! May he have the courage to come out of the closet today!

The Rainbow Ė Ween

Many colors in the homo rainbow
Donít be afraid to let your colors shine
Show me yours. Iím gonna show you mine

If you find a pot of gold
Every little thing is gonna work out fine
In the homo rainbow

You give me shade from black to yellow
A warm embrace and a kind-a hello

In the homo rainbow

In the homo rainbow
Every single color, every walk of life
In & out changin, every day and night
From the golden shores of Kansas, to the middle of Japan
reach inside your soul and learn your fellow

There are many colors in the homo rainbow
Donít be afraid to let your colors shine
Donít be ashamed of what God made you

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

6. Re: No subject Mar 17, 2006, 03:37 Halsy

Enahs hates us with every fiber of his being? Well, I'll go him one better.

Dear guys.

Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my Confederate body. We have taken Topeka, and now I must rally the men over to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because, I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much.

Yours,
General Cartman Lee

http://www.southparkstudios.com/show/display_episode.php?season=3&id1=314&id2=45

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 03:43.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Thursday Game Reviews
1. Weird Worlds... Mar 16, 2006, 13:57 Halsy

Looks groovy, anyone have the complete game? Reminds me of Ascendancy.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

2. Re: tom cruise strikes again! Mar 15, 2006, 23:32 Halsy

What a hypocrite Hayes is, fuck him and the horse he rode out on.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

20. Speaking of being wary... Mar 15, 2006, 15:56 Halsy

In this month's Harpers

http://harpers.org/TheCaseForImpeachment.html

And that's just an excerpt. Booyah!

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

101. Re: Southpark Mar 15, 2006, 02:44 Halsy

Unconscious mind? Universal parent archetype? Sounds like Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung to me. So much for your steadfast subscription to empirical science.

Guys like Freud and Jung are much closer to the truth than guys like the Pope or Pat Robertson. You think psychology has no basis in empirical science?

That sounds like bonafide scientism to me. You're at least as zealous as the average Christian. Check yourself, Halsy. I think you have a contradiction somewhere.

What contradiction? Facts versus faith. Prove to me there's a god and I'll acknowledge it. So far no one has even come close. All I have to do to prove gravity is drop something. Friction? Take a step. etc. etc. One would think that proving the existence of an all-powerful deity would be a cakewalk by comparison. Then again, it wasn't all that long ago that man though fire was a gift from the gods. Xtians are all about wishful thinking. And they also live in denial where the facts actually exist (e.g. evolution).

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

3032 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo