Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halsy Knox

Real Name Halsy Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halsy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm always where the wild things are.
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 18, 2003, 16:05
Total Comments 3032 (Veteran)
User ID 17112

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Space Rangers 2
17. Re: Death to Starforce! Mar 27, 2006, 15:37 Halsy

One of the worst things about Starforce is there bullshit viral marketing they engage in. Here's one they posted in that forum link...

When StarForce first came out (3 or 4 years ago iirc) it caused a big controversy because it did not uninstall when the game using it was uninstalled. That has long since been corrected. It's pretty friendly copy protection really. It doesn't even mind my having a virtual drive running although I am not trying to run SR2 that way. The DVD has permanent residence in one of my optical drives.

Talk about outright fucking lying from these scumbags! Ahh well, too bad for the publisher for not listening to gamers. I would have bought this game otherwise.

"You gotta keep on keepin' on, brother!"
- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarForce Wars
39. Yeah...right... Mar 26, 2006, 04:01 Halsy

Painduck. Put up or shut up. You reek of corporate shill guerilla marketing. The proof is in the pudding. And so far, the only proof we've seen is that Shitforce is a nasty piece of work that the sooner publishers rid themselves of the more games they'll sell.

Source code talks. BS walks.

- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > World of Warcraft Guide Quashed, Lawsuit
26. Re: No subject Mar 26, 2006, 03:55 Halsy

What do you expect from the Liberal Taliban? To actually be able to understand the other side of an argument?

The Taliban are conservative. Ultra-conservative to put a fine point on it. They are the polar opposite of liberal. Not that I'd expect you to understand that, caught in up in the jingoistic rhetoric you espouse which is diametrically opposed to the jingoism you espouse. No surprise there.

First off, most of you have demonstrated you have absolutely zero knowledge regarding the concepts of protected and commercial speech. Newflash kids, commercial speech is not a guarenteed right. Want to stand on a street corner and rail at the government or a political party? That's your right. Want to capitalize on a corporation's goodwill? Sorry, not permitted. How many of you actually understand what corporate goodwill means?

Allow me to simplify for those who don't understand the law. This is not Blizzard sticking it some underdog. This is Blizzard protecting their PROPERTY. It's theirs. They created it. They maintain it. Buddy is trying to make a buck off it. Nothing wrong with that...so long as they get a cut. He's telling people how to utilize their property to profit by it and calling it educational.

Want to understand what "fair use" is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Imagine you invest a ton of money in something. It's a success. Then people start coming out of the woodwork making money on what you created without giving you a taste. Think that's fair? I hope to god some of you say yes and go on to create something that is a success so I can take advantage of you and your work. You clowns arguing against this are parasite's dream. That is if you could actually create something successful, and with that sort of small and limited thinking is unlikely in the extreme in the first place.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Paul Flaherty Mar 26, 2006, 03:33 Halsy

jeebus, 42. wonder if it was genetic/hereditary or the insane killer lifestyle you can get trapped in here.

Nah, more due to the fact of a sedintary lifestlye. I met him once several years ago. Nice guy, can't say I "knew" him, but nice guy.

The way North America is going with obesity due to sedintary lifestyles you can damn well bet that the average life expectancy is going down. Rockstars may party hard, but they work hard too. You can't party like a rockstar and not work as hard as one and expect to live to a ripe old age.

Shit man, there's no guarentees anyway you slice it. I've always been a firm believer in the 'when your number's up it's up' school, but if you insist on dancing on the minefield your number is going to come up a lot sooner than later.

Personally, if I can hit 60'ish, I'm cool with that. I most definitely do not want to get into that old folk, droolin', wearing diapers and having to be fed stage. Thanks but I'd perfer to check out earlier with some dignity and my faculties in-tact. Everybody's gotta' die some time.

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 03:34.

- Stephen Colbert

56. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2006, 01:25 Halsy

SMA, fuck Mill and do your own thinking. It's all just conjecture and cultural norms and conditioning anyway. Why would I want to argue against abortion in the first place? While it ain't pretty it is necessary. Unwanted children are a burden on society and it's unfair to the children as well. Most end up as part of the problem. My biases are at least rational for the most part.

Ash: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.
Lambert: You admire it.
Ash: I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

The issue is only as complex as you make it.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Desperate Housewives Announced
30. Re: oh.. come ON! Mar 25, 2006, 01:13 Halsy

Desperate Housewives: The Game---

... Ok, thats just it. there is just no point in letting the world go on like this. we can all just quit trying, ok? dont make any more babies, theyll just become either corporate assholes or mindless sheep who buys this shit.. Just give up. the end is nigh.

Yep, you have to be a fool to want to breed the way things are going. It ain't gonna be getting any better.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Vista Mar 25, 2006, 01:05 Halsy

I know *anyone* who plans on using it. I think MS is in for a huge shock. Good.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > StarForce Wars
4. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2006, 00:56 Halsy

If they could prove that SF is really doing some bad things, could they possibly take the SF people to court and/or have it removed from games?

It all depends on the EULA. A company has a reasonable right to protect their property, but reasonable is the key word here. If SF is doing all the harm people claim it is than class-action lawsuit would certainly be warranted and winnable.

That aside, boycott starforce.

http://www.glop.org/starforce/

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > World of Warcraft Guide Quashed, Lawsuit
1. No subject Mar 25, 2006, 00:39 Halsy

The companies went on to threaten copyright and trademark infringement action against Kopp. In one message quoted in the complaint, a Blizzard executive said Kopp could not lawfully sell a guide that "attempts to trade off the substantial goodwill and recognition that Blizzard has built up in connection with its World of Warcraft product." He also dismissed Kopps' claims that his book was solely meant for "educational" value, saying it clearly had a commercial purpose.

The guy is a thief plain and simple.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

31. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 15:10 Halsy

There's no such thing as pro-life when it comes to the American Taliban. They're very simply anti-choice. How can anyone who is pro-war, pro-gun, pro-death penalty, pro-poverty call themselves pro-life with a straight face? Not to mention she's on a dead animal.

No, buddy just wants to get it on with a pregnant Brittney. And yes Enahs, she is the poster child for reasons to use birth control.

- Joe Dirt

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 15:10.

- Stephen Colbert

28. Old Time Hockey! Mar 24, 2006, 14:51 Halsy

Oh man, it was sweet. Worked a charity gig last night and all the NHL alumni were there. Ended up getting ploughed with Dave Hutchison and Bob Probert. Heh, it was funny when I first met Bob, threw up my dukes and said 'Hey Bobby, ready to get 'er goin'?' He howled with laughter. Met Borje Salming, Wendel Clarke, Peter Zezel, Darryl Sittler and the list goes on and on. Very cool night.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Vonage Mar 24, 2006, 14:44 Halsy

Why would anyone use them anyway?

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Good intentions... Mar 23, 2006, 04:51 Halsy

2 words...lifestyle police.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Evening Q&As
4. Re: richard who? Mar 23, 2006, 02:20 Halsy

Or...get back to his roots and do some new Ultima. Tabula Rasa is going to be a harsh failure.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > AGEIA PhysX Processor Launch
41. Re: Great Mar 22, 2006, 21:39 Halsy

They've priced it way too high though. No way I'll pay almost $300(CDN) for one until almost every game on the market will use it, and I'm a total whore when it comes to pretty pixels and funky overpriced technology.

Yeah $300 is $200 too much. I was thinking this thing would be more like a network card. I was thinking 50 bucks would be reasonable for this and I *might* go 100 if everyone and their dog is getting on board (developers), but 300? Not a prayer.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Dell Buys Alienware
9. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 21:01 Halsy

Why would anyone buy an Alienware - apart from those who know zip about hardware?

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

6. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 14:37 Halsy

So at what point does it become illegal for someone to blackmail a corporation to stop Comedy Central from airing the scientology.

Where do balance satire verus libel? I don't think it was so much the scientology thing as it was them poking fun at his suspected homosexuality. No one likes to be made fun of, so how are his actions to protect himself unethical, paarticualrly when other people (Matt and Trey) are profiting by it?

OK, I've been out of town for a few days - miss anything exciting? I'm too damn lazy to go read what I missed.

It basically says that Blue and the people in his area are going to be mutants ala Fallout.

And the important question - does Enahs still hate all of us?

Nah, Enahs doesn't hate the player. He just hates the game.

Picked up my CE edition @ lunch...and like a good little whore, I grabbed the strat guide too.

The best little whorehouse in Blue'sNews.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > AGEIA PhysX Processor Launch
19. Re: Great Mar 22, 2006, 14:16 Halsy

I can see a lot of potential for off-loading physics, or at least improving the ability to use physics via an API. But I don't think a $300 card is going to make it in the market right now. If it was $50 it'd be a no brainer. At $100 it's more questionable. And any higher than that then I doubt it'll succeed before the CPUs and GPUs overtake its purpose.

Absolutely. A low price point will is essential for this thing to get going. I know I wouldn't drop more than a bill on it and even then it's questionable. 50 bucks? More than likely in that case. And how long will this thing last before, as you said, CPU/GPUs catch up?

Remember when Intel's MMX came out and how everyone was supposed to make use of it and no one did? Sure we see a few titles mentioned now, as is always the case with these sorts of announcements, but is everyone actually going to get on-board?

Also, you wouldn't tell Creston to fuck off if he was Steve Ballmer. Just think about that.

I'd tell Steve Ballmer to go fuck himself. Not Creston though...NOT CRESTON!

Vanguard is going to make use of this, eh? Well fuck a duck, that should be very fucking interesting.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Gold - Auto Assault
9. Re: I'm not giving my subject to a machi Mar 22, 2006, 14:01 Halsy

It's bound to fail.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Cold War Bunker Mar 22, 2006, 03:00 Halsy

This shot from a minuteman silo....

http://www.geocities.com/minuteman_missile/images/MM_blast_lock_pizza.jpg

LOL! Pure gold! Gotta' love the gallows humour these guys have.

Then there's http://www.missilebases.com/ which sells de-commisioned missile silos. I'd love to own one of these bad boys! Love that one in NY.

Ultimate would be to live in a Vault ala Fallout, however.

- Joe Dirt

- Stephen Colbert

3032 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo