Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Halsy Knox

Real Name Halsy Knox   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Halsy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm always where the wild things are.
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 18, 2003, 16:05
Total Comments 3032 (Veteran)
User ID 17112

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Gothic 3 May 13, 2006, 16:21 Halsy

See the new E3 trailer at 3D Gamers? Woo!

Jason Biggs: Oh, look at the monkey.
James Van Der Beek: Now you're gonna tell me the monkey's gay.
Jason Biggs: Well, how do you know he doesn't smoke monkey pole?

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2006, Part 6
21. Re: No subject May 11, 2006, 14:37 Halsy

Halsy, you pretty much summed up what is wrong with the modern bourgeois which defines North American culture, which in turns defines the games we produce.

So you have a problem with beer and hot chicks? Look, I'm an educated guy, but I'm still hardwired to dig women and getting stoned on occasion. It's part of the design.

If sitting down and having a bottle of bordeaux whilst discussing the 'post-modernist-existentialist-feminist' doctrine is what floats your boat, power to you. It doesn't make you right or me wrong, however.

I guess you find games like Half-Life 2 offensive because it has such a broad appeal to the masses. Maybe you can make an online game called 'The Encounter Sessions' where we all sit around deconstrucing ourselves and getting in-touch with our inner-children and strive to obliterate gender norming. Yeah! Let the healing begin! Sounds like fun!

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

2. Re: Anniversary May 11, 2006, 12:58 Halsy

When you're a Jet,
You're a Jet all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin' day.

When you're a Jet,
If the spit hits the fan,
You got brothers around,
You're a family man!

You're never alone,
You're never disconnected!
You're home with your own:
When company's expected,
You're well protected!

Then you are set
With a capital J,
Which you'll never forget
Till they cart you away.
When you're a Jet,
You stay a Jet!

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > It Came from E3 2006, Part 6
13. Re: No subject May 11, 2006, 12:55 Halsy

Right, because we all know sex and violence don't go hand in hand.

I don't know which team you play for, but I dig hot, scantily clad women. Life's about 2 things, drinkin' beer and fuckin' hot chicks. Games are just a bonus.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: woohooO! May 11, 2006, 01:41 Halsy

Welcome back, Batdude. Hope the new pad is rockin' your world.

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Evening Previews
5. Re: For something different May 11, 2006, 01:22 Halsy

Call of Juarez could be good. I think Bioshock is going to rock out with its cock out. Stranglehold looks good (and yes Creston, we've all seen Hard Boiled).
Mass Effect may be good, but seeing as it's 360 only, who cares? And speaking of Bioware, wtf is up with Dragon Age?

"If them superstitious motherfuckers want to have that kind of party, I'm going to put my dick in the mashed potatoes."
- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

50. Re: Oh well...that's the end of ShadowRun May 10, 2006, 22:26 Halsy

I told you it was going to be garbage. Then when the game tanks they'll put it down to Shadowrun not being viable. When if they made a proper Shadowrun CRPG in the first place they'd have a major success on their hands.

FASA has officially whored itself out to the evil empire now. While it's a shame that some great Shadowrun CRPG won't get made, at least we'll have the sweet satisfaction of seeing this game tank.

"If them superstitious motherfuckers want to have that kind of party, I'm going to put my dick in the mashed potatoes."
- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > It Came from E3 2006, Part 4
15. Re: No subject May 10, 2006, 17:15 Halsy

IBM and SUN should seriously bankroll porting PC titles for Linux. I think that most PC gamers would gleefully abandon MS in a heartbeat if we got a steady supply of PC games for Linux. Lord knows I'd be one of them.

How many people only use MS because of PC games?

- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Too little too late for Turbine May 10, 2006, 16:29 Halsy

DDO did some interesting things but it was the wrong IP to do it with. D&D is a turn based system. The "real-time" combat in DDO is ludicrous. It's just a mash-fest for each encounter. The classes are never fully realized. Any PUG you go with is just a sprint to the end of the dungeon. The treasure tables are grossly out of line with what you'd fine in a real PnP game.

The content is good but they needed about 10 times as much as they had at launch. Without that, and not having a living world to explore - which again, is what D&D is about - how can they possibly expect any longevity for this title?

DDO should have been NWN2 online. Its shortcomings are an obvious result of the suits at WOTC and Turbine trying to make D&D sexy when they should have just stuck with what attracted people to D&D in the first place. Also, the whole Eberron world really isn't most people's cup of tea. Particularly when you already compare it to the hugely successful worlds of the Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance.

Why they haven't gone for one of those IPs in a full-blown MOG boggles the mind. It's guarenteed money waiting to be made if the game is good. Take the best elements of WoW/Everquest/Vanguard and set it in the FR or DL universe and watch the money roll in.

- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

25. Re: Something like that. May 10, 2006, 16:14 Halsy

You know, every time I see the new Castlevania game’s title I always think of some hippy-dippy art house review scene with this “painting” titled “Clown doing Acid … in the Dark”

ROFL! Pure gold!

- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Haze Announced
7. Re: Wha? May 10, 2006, 16:11 Halsy

About HAZE Twenty-five years in the future. Governments have outsourced military operations to private multinational corporations. As Jake Carpenter, a newly enlisted soldier in the Mantel army, you are seeking fulfillment and thrills by fighting for a good cause.

Ahh, killing for corporate profits is a good cause is it?

- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Beta Sign-ups
8. Re: beta May 10, 2006, 13:35 Halsy

Don't hate the game, hate the playah.

- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > MS's Online Gaming Service
24. Re: Massively Deceptive May 9, 2006, 23:11 Halsy

I already pay for the internet - which is a networking service - so why would I pay MS again?

- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

43. Heh, Ali G! May 9, 2006, 19:00 Halsy

http://inhonor.net/videos/uped/fl_video.php?f_num=92500

Whilst I may be late on the bandwagon I've finally been getting into Da Ali G show. Sasha Cohen is fucking brilliant! LOL!

I forgot all about Bioshock (http://www.sshock2.com/bioshock/). Damn, that game is going to rock out with its cock out!

- MC Hawking

This comment was edited on May 9, 19:06.

- Stephen Colbert

25. Re: E3 May 9, 2006, 16:39 Halsy

27 titles for the Wii and not one of them I'm even remotely interested in.

Only thing I've seen on the 360 I'd want is Oblivion and I have that on the PC.

Only thing that I'd want for the PS3 is new GTA4.

I'm so glad I'm not into these stupid console wars. Just bring on Gothic 3 and NWN2 and I'm a happy fuckin' camper.

- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
31. Re: No subject May 9, 2006, 16:26 Halsy

The $499 base price is $100 more than rival Microsoft Corp.'s current top-of-the-line Xbox 360, but that was of no concern to Phil Harrison, president of Sony Computer Entertainment's Worldwide Studios.

"I think that price and value have always been two different things," Harrison said. "The PlayStation 3 is now set free. We've kind of released it to the world and it's now clearly defined in the minds of the consumer."

Man, is this foo in for a rude awakening. That's just corporate speak for 'Ooops, we fucked up and really made a HUGE mistake with the blu-ray thing.' I'd start polishing up that resume for a new job, Phil.

$500 US for their standard console is way overpriced. Then an option for only 40 more gigs for another 100 clams? What are these clowns smoking?

- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

News Comments > Warcraft Movie Plans
46. Re: Life Imitating Art May 9, 2006, 15:48 Halsy

So what's this movie about? A bunch of people farming the same raid bosses over and over again looking for the phat lewt? If the movie is anything like the end game I'll pass thanks.

- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

8. Hawt! May 8, 2006, 22:52 Halsy

You know who's hot? Kari Byron from Mythbusters. Just found out she's got a 4 page spread in FHM in June. Sweet sassy molassey!

- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

4. Re: Nanotubes... May 8, 2006, 21:24 Halsy

Well, he does have some fixation w/ Superman's unit...

I seem to recall that same thing when Batman and Robin came out. Obsessing about Chris O'Donnell's huge codpiece an what not.

- MC Hawking

- Stephen Colbert

2. Nanotubes... May 8, 2006, 20:56 Halsy

I say we start a petition to rename them "crestons".

Breakthrough: Scientists used crestons to send signals to nerve cells.

I also understand that Enah's name for his penis is nanotube.

"And I'm Ron Burgundy. Go fuck yourself, San Diego."

-Ron Burgundy

- Stephen Colbert

3032 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo